• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[XBOX] Metal Wolf Chaos (by From Software) this is beyond awesome!

Joe

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/main/soft/mwc/ (how awesome is that? xbox live logo too)

More screenshots here
612_0002.jpg

612_0003.jpg

612_0007.jpg

and the TGS 2004 trailer can be found here:
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_815_fr.html

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Going into Next-gen, Microsoft should just make From Software, Team Ninja and maybe a 3rd japanese developer into official 2nd party houses for Xenon (or buy them outright). These guys really push the hardware nicely.

IJoel

Woah... the trailer looks really really good. This wasn't even a blimp on my radar, it now is awaited! The action looks really fast and fun.

Joe

yeah microsoft MUST treat from software, bioware, and team ninja like GODS (or like you said, just buy them lol).

and yes, this game looks awesome. its like a faster, more action packed, highly stylized mechassault.

speaking of which, if this does see a US release it will probably be in 2005 so it doesnt conflict with mechassault2.

jarrod

Banned
From's been pretty prolific this generation...

PlayStation 2
-Adventures of Cookie & Cream (2000)
-Armored Core 2 (2000)
-Armored Core 2: Another Age (2001)
-Armored Core 3 (2002)
-Armored Core 3: Silent Line (2003)
-Armored Core Formula Front (2004)
-Armored Core Nexus (2004)
-Armored Core Ninebreaker (2004)
-Echo Night: Beyond (2004)
-Eternal Ring (2000)
-Evergrace (2000)
-Forever Kingdom (2001)
-King's Field: The Anicent City (2001)
-Kuon (2004)
-Shadow Tower Abyss (2003)
-Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (2003)
-Tenchu Kurenai (2004)
-The Story of Hero Yoshitsune (2004)

Xbox
-Gaia Blade (canceled?)
-Metal Wold Chaos (2004)
-Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit (2002)
-Otogi: Myth of Demons (2002)
-Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors (2003)
-Tenchu: Return from Darkness (2004)
-Thousand Land (2003)

GameCube
-GoldStar Mountain (canceled?)
-Lost Kingdoms (2002)
-Lost Kingdoms II (2003)

Dreamcast
-Frame Gride (1999)

PSP

...kinda surprised they've thrown so much support towards Xbox and barely anything towards GC or DC. GoldStar Mountain (2D ARPG) and Gaia Blade (XBL based SRPG) both looked promising too, what happened there? :/

They also have a DS AC in development suppossedly...

Rhindle

Looks great. But then again, so did Murakumo. I can't honestly say that any of the From Software titles on that list have not disappointed in the end.

It has the best particle effects work, I've seen on the Xbox. This game must come stateside, I hope MS doesn't let this slip. If I were them I would push this game hard.

jarrod

Banned
OG_Original Gamer said:
It has the best particle effects work, I've seen on the Xbox. This game must come stateside, I hope MS doesn't let this slip. If I were them I would push this game hard.
I'm sure someone like UbiSoft, Majesco or Sega will scoop it up... does Agetec publish Xbox games?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
very nice video. xboxyde had a different trailer a few months back that looked really cool too. maybe BlimBlim can dig it up for us?

Prine

Banned
WOW, just witnessed a mech juggling a tank.....A TANK!!

The game looks like a complete blast, some insane action going on there, plus its all done in style.

Devil Mech Cry?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Prine said:
WOW, just witnessed a mech juggling a tank.....A TANK!!

The game looks like a complete blast, some insane action going on there, plus its all done in style.
Yeah. the tank juggle made me hit rewind. Looks like you can transform and shit too. This looks goddamn awesome.

sim-jpmetalwolfchaos-0001.jpg

Quote:

From's been pretty prolific this generation...

PlayStation 2
-Adventures of Cookie & Cream (2000)
-Armored Core 2 (2000)
-Armored Core 2: Another Age (2001)
-Armored Core 3 (2002)
-Armored Core 3: Silent Line (2003)
-Armored Core Nexus (2004)
-Armored Core Ninebreaker (2004)
-Echo Night: Beyond (2004)
-Eternal Ring (2000)
-Evergrace (2000)
-Forever Kingdom (2001)
-King's Field: The Anicent City (2001)
-Kuon (2004)
-Shadow Tower Abyss (2003)
-Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (2003)
-Tenchu Kurenai (2004)
-The Story of Hero Yoshitsune (2004)

Xbox
-Gaia Blade (canceled?)
-Metal Wold Chaos (2004)
-Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit (2002)
-Otogi: Myth of Demons (2002)
-Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors (2003)
-Tenchu: Return from Darkness (2004)
-Thousand Land (2003)

GameCube
-GoldStar Mountain (canceled?)
-Lost Kingdoms (2002)
-Lost Kingdoms II (2003)

Dreamcast
-Frame Gride (1999)

PSP

None of the Tenchu titles were developed by From. GoldStar Mountain and Gaia Blade were canceled long ago.

Joe

everytime i come to this thread to check out the new replies i have to scroll up to see this screenshot:

612_0007.jpg

too fuckin awesome.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
This game will be the second game that will be played in my japanese Xbox. I almost not feel cheated anymore by the price it cost me to get one !

Sho Nuff

Banned
They were handing out demos of this. Just played through it at home.

Basically, you play the president of the USA, and you pilot a mech and blow the shit out of everything for some reason. Controls are 100% Halo / Mechassault, but the graphics are of the insano variety; imagine Otogi with mechs. Huge frickin weapons, the ability to demolish EVERYTHING, and weapons that will nuke entire buildings full of bad guys. Very fast and fun. YOu can dash in the air, dash into

Also, the voice acting and localization are really fucked up, but in a good way. The president says stuff like "YOU GUYS ARE ROAST CHICKEN!!!!" and then the navigator girl says "BUT YOU STILL HAVE A DELICIOUS DESSERT FOR ME!", and "Hahaha Mr President! Look at all the pretty lights on that building, TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO DESTROY EVERYTHING HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!", "Oh, those guys must want punishment, LETS HAVE FUN AND KILL THEM ALL HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!"

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Also, the voice acting and localization are really fucked up, but in a good way. The president says stuff like "YOU GUYS ARE ROAST CHICKEN!!!!" and then the navigator girl says "BUT YOU STILL HAVE A DELICIOUS DESSERT FOR ME!", and "Hahaha Mr President! Look at all the pretty lights on that building, TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO DESTROY EVERYTHING HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!", "Oh, those guys must want punishment, LETS HAVE FUN AND KILL THEM ALL HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!"
:lol :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Sho Nuff said:

Basically, you play the president of the USA, and you pilot a mech and blow the shit out of everything for some reason. Controls are 100% Halo / Mechassault, but the graphics are of the insano variety; imagine Otogi with mechs. Huge frickin weapons, the ability to demolish EVERYTHING, and weapons that will nuke entire buildings full of bad guys. Very fast and fun. YOu can dash in the air, dash into

Hot damn, I want to play this game NOW ! So they just handed demos to everyone on the From Software booth ? Damn I'd kill to get one. Anyone with the demo and a modchip ? Hint hint :p

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
:lol i remember the bad dialog from the trailer, hope they dont change if it gets a western release.

Awesome vids, Blimblim! This game seems to capture that "early 90's arcade feel". I'd love to get my hands on this. *please show up on OXM demo disc*

Vashu

Music on the site is pretty nice too hehe. But damn, this shit is funny!!!! Awesome action, a hilarious dialog... Tank-juggling!!! Worldwide release ASAP!!!!! :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
thorns said:
If this game doesn't get a worldwide release I'm going to cry..
US release planned in spring 2005 I think, with xbox live duels (japanese version only with rankings and content downloads)

bloke

Awesome! I wonder how long before someone puts ripped demo on some BT site *prays* :)
Btw. reading MWC 1Up article, it seems that game already has publishing deal for US and will be released next spring, any of the insiders know anything more?

And although an official publishing deal to bring the game to North American has yet to be announced, one From Software employee admitted the company is aiming for a spring release stateside. The wait might be worth it as the North American version will include expanded Xbox Live features.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3134960

novery

And although an official publishing deal to bring the game to North American has yet to be announced, one From Software employee admitted the company is aiming for a spring release stateside. The wait might be worth it as the North American version will include expanded Xbox Live features.

That was all I could get out of the From PR guy. I'll let you guys know when I hear more.

-rp

Sho Nuff said:

:lol Very nearly the best impressions I've ever read on a message board.

Top Bottom