• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Actually, they might be having some trouble with the Xbox One Store. On my console, I go to the Store, click All Games or New Games, and it says "We didn't find anything." Seems like that shouldn't happen.

Here it is the same. It happened a few times in the past weeks. Hope they fux it soon.

It's very good - simple and interesting story, lovely arctic setting, nice use of folklore elements. Switching between the two characters is a snap and their abilities are pretty clear. I think fans of Max: Curse of Brotherhood will enjoy it as they're both in the same ballpark looks and gameplay-wise.

I'm so behind, I won't have time to write a real review, but the interview will hopefully spread the word well enough. I'm proud of how it turned out and look forward to sharing it here when it's ready. :)

I was sold in the folklore stuff alone and I really liked Max, si Day 1 to me (or Day 2 it the store does not update today...)

Doukou

Man I wish I could be excited for the Black Friday sale but I already own everything that came out awhile ago lol. I hope there is more recent stuff like Alien Isolation for a good discount.

Ghazi

How does Tomb Raider run on the bone? Thinking about picking it up, even though I wasn't a big fan of it on the 360.

Montresor

I just bought Never Alone based off eastx's comment and after reading a brief article from trueachievements.com about this game.

Eastx, the Max Brotherhood comparison is very very flattering - that game is seriously good (visuals and puzzle game play) and I'm excited for more quirky sidescrolling puzzle games.

From watching the trailer, I'm getting huge 2-d Brothers vibes from this game.

I'll be playing some Advanced Warfare while Never Alone downloads.

Here we go! Please check it out

Let us know how you like it. :)

It is a charming platform game, with stunning visuals. I played it only a little last night, love how they integrated the unlockabled video with the gameplay. Solid game buy with a lot of flaws in the localization. While I appreciated the effort to translate the game to other languages (I was playing it in Brazilian Portuguese) there are too many false cognates, mistranslations. Plus one of our letters (a c with a signal) is wrongly replaced with another letter, even in the menus. Looks like a kind of ascii error.

Also I was playing it alone, and have some deaths to the the partner (fox) was in a middle animation (cliff) and could not be protected from the artic wind. The game seems to be constructed around coop really.

Despite that I loved the game premisse, settings and history (I am deep in lore stuff) and may Double zip with the vita version to go (Plus the ps4 of it is cross-buy).

Wonderful game. Congratulations to all involved.

Looool, Tomb Raider DE price went from £16 to £21.43, SE, you so crazy

I don't know if it was mentioned before but Boom Ball for Kinect was announced recently, due out this month supposedly - it has been rated by PEGI and USK so indications are it actually is due soon. Looks like a fun budget title?

01.jpg

02.jpg

Brakara

Yeah, note the 33-50% discount price in Major Nelson posts. Looks like many Countries had it at 50% when it should've been 33%, like here in Norway were the price also went up. Luckily, I managed to snatch it at 50%.

So pre-order to get bonus levels? XB1 gets Blood Count. Steam gets Blood Count and Secret Eye. PS4 gets Secret Eye and a bonus stage (Symbolic) that doesn't require pre-ordering.

Kind of just turned me off of the game.

So pre-order to get bonus levels? XB1 gets Blood Count. Steam gets Blood Count and Secret Eye. PS4 gets Secret Eye and a bonus stage (Symbolic) that doesn't require pre-ordering.

Kind of just turned me off of the game.

In addition players can enjoy a unique bonus level built specifically for Xbox: "Titan Box" level - giant enemies on a cube shaped grid and exclusive background.

So we get an exclusive level too

zorbsie

Never Alone is discounted if you have gold. $13.50 instead of $15. Not huge, but nice regardless. Downloading it now. Eastx, nice interview you put up. Looking forward to playing this.

25% sales tax? Holy crap. I think the highest state+local sales tax in the U.S. is 9.45%, which makes GW cost $16.41 or about £10.46.

FakeEdit: So even if you went by UK VAT (20%) or Norway (25%) the price still seems too high because the U.S./UK equivalent would be $17.99/£11.48 or $18.74/£11.95.

It is indeed a tad ridiculous, but remember that US prices are pre-tax while outside US they usually include tax. Here in Norway, the sales tax is 25% so that adds up quite a bit.

The exchange rate they use is roughly 80% of the US price - $15 = £12. I dont care how they work out sales tax, I shouldnt be paying nearly 1:1 with the US store, and they know I shouldnt be either.

$15 is £9.57, add in 20% VAT and its £11.48, so perhaps £11.99 isnt that bad, but its no-where near £14.

Never Alone is discounted if you have gold. $13.50 instead of $15. Not huge, but nice regardless. Downloading it now. Eastx, nice interview you put up. Looking forward to playing this.

I have gold and bought the game as soon it was available but did not get the discount 😭

zorbsie

Streaming some Never Alone. Not much though, I don't want to spoil it. Just about an hour in and am in love with this. My daughter loves the fox.

http://www.twitch.tv/z0rbs

OK I don't want to show too much of the game. Can't say it enough, the game is just beautiful. Also really like the "cultural insights" videos. They really do add to the experience and are done up nicely.

theDeeDubs

Funnily enough TR did the same thing when it was released earlier this year as a Deals with Gold too. It was offered at $29.99 for the first day then went up to $35.99 for the remainder of the week.

Montresor

I bought it for $15 Canadian plus tax... Fuck me, right? I am enjoying the game though.

Is there proof online (at xbox.com, or another reputable web site), that gold members in Canada can get the game for $13.50? I'd like to call MS support and make the call as quick and painless as possible (since all I'm going to save is $1.50 plus tax, heh).

zorbsie

I bought it for $15 Canadian plus tax... Fuck me, right? I am enjoying the game though.

Is there proof online (at xbox.com, or another reputable web site), that gold members in Canada can get the game for $13.50? I'd like to call MS support and make the call as quick and painless as possible (since all I'm going to save is $1.50 plus tax, heh).

I'm in Canada too and it was that price when I checked the "Deals with Gold" section this afternoon. What's even stranger is that I had 25 in my wallet. I bought Never Alone and then I went to preorder Geometry Wars 3 and the system said I had $19.50 in my wallet. Not sure how what worked out but I picked up the preorder right away. I know it's not a lot of money, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask them.

Montresor

I'm in Canada too and it was that price when I checked the "Deals with Gold" section this afternoon. What's even stranger is that I had 25 in my wallet. I bought Never Alone and then I went to preorder Geometry Wars 3 and the system said I had $19.50 in my wallet. Not sure how what worked out but I picked up the preorder right away. I know it's not a lot of money, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask them.

Thanks.

I had a short chat with Support. They refunded the full $15 purchase. They said it will take 24 hours for the license to be revoked. At which point Microsoft will expect me to re-purchase the game for $13.50 after that.

That sounds so easily exploitable, and I told the support agent as such - the game is only 3 hours, so I will be finished it before I have the chance to re-purchase the game. But I promised her I would re-purchase it at the discounted $13.50 regardless.

Brakara

The exchange rate they use is roughly 80% of the US price - $15 = £12. I dont care how they work out sales tax, I shouldnt be paying nearly 1:1 with the US store, and they know I shouldnt be either.

$15 is £9.57, add in 20% VAT and its £11.48, so perhaps £11.99 isnt that bad, but its no-where near £14.

Oh, then it's really bad then. The Norwegian price for GW3 is 124 NOK, while $15 + 25% tax is ~118 NOK.

Top Bottom