• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bb9EXjqIgAAR-K0.jpg:large

How much is the CE?!

$250

I was lucky enough to preorder it at $217 on Amazon when it was first announced.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If that shit wasn't 250 I'd order it. Also if I knew there wouldn't be 1000s of them on store shelves. I love thee things though. I have the halo reach on and the Marcus Fenix one and they are nice.

Finished it tonight. It reminds me a lot of The Bouncer. A visually amazing launch title with a solid story that is held back by poor gameplay and an extremely short campaign.

Those graphics though, wow.
I didn't find the gameplay too poor, especially when replaying it on Legendary...it actually takes strategy. I mean, maybe I just suck, but I died more in the first two levels on Legendary than I did in the first play through of Centurion.

K1ng P3n

I didn't find the gameplay too poor, especially when replaying it on Legendary...it actually takes strategy. I mean, maybe I just suck, but I died more in the first two levels on Legendary than I did in the first play through of Centurion.

Just started playing on legendary myself and I know how you feel. I'm on the second level myself and I have died numerous times but I really enjoy this game

akileese

Got my Xbone last night but started running into problems immediately. Took a few times to run the update, the green loading screen was taking a bit long to go away (and if you were using the controller you could hear the interface being moved around via background noise). Once I finally got it updated Dead Rising 3 wouldn't load via disc. The system itself didn't freeze, but it would just sit there at the splash screen for about 20 minutes before I finally gave up. Killer Instinct was the only thing that would work and kinect sports preseason would just kick me back to the main dashboard.

Gonna return it after work rather than mess around it.

NavNucST3

Do you have a picture? My kinect shows three IR lights right next to each other in the middle of it and the Xbox Logo is light, just like the Xbox logo on the console itself, all the time.
Macros for the IR blaster would be really useful. Let's hope that MS expands the IR capabilities in future updates, right now it isn't capable of turning on my TV.

Not sure if this helps or not but in doing the initial Kinect blaster setup the OS said it found my TV and was good to go, however, it never turned on my TV. A few days later I actually went in and input my specific Brand and model for my TV and everything has worked flawlessly since. My Kinect sits on a shelf over a foot below my TV and about 8 or so inches above my AVR.

Caayn

Not sure if this helps or not but in doing the initial Kinect blaster setup the OS said it found my TV and was good to go, however, it never turned on my TV. A few days later I actually went in and input my specific Brand and model for my TV and everything has worked flawlessly since. My Kinect sits on a shelf over a foot below my TV and about 8 or so inches above my AVR.
Tried that already but to no avail. The problem is that Kinect doesn't sent the IR signal long enough.

Caayn

that game sucks

wish i bought max instead
You don't like twin stick shooters? It's a solid game, maybe not worth the full $15, but it's fun and gets harder/better with each Operation.

I do think that this game has a high "hit or miss" aspect, you like it or you don't.

Miles X

Can someone help me with account region/currency problem?

My account is UK, but I just got some Xbox Credit in US codes. So I changed my region on XBL to US, added the code, and now when I log into my MS commerce account I have TWO personal accounts on that email/account. UK personal and US personal, so the currencies haven't combined ...

Caayn

Can someone help me with account region/currency problem?

My account is UK, but I just got some Xbox Credit in US codes. So I changed my region on XBL to US, added the code, and now when I log into my MS commerce account I have TWO personal accounts on that email/account. UK personal and US personal, so the currencies haven't combined ...
That's normal. You can't transfer currency from country A to country B.

MarkusRJR

Is it just me or does the Kinect get really hot after a lot of usage? The fans inside never seem to turn on either. Should I worry about it?

Damnit....my Xbox one broke down..won't boot up anymore :/ Gonna phone MS tomorrow asap. Kinda worried about my digital games...I've got the Day One Forza edition, with DLC code, and download Max, and DR3. Will I be able to download them again on my new Xbox One or are my downloads tied to the console?

Just because something is difficult doesn't make it good.

Getting DR3 today. If I beat that I'm gonna be legitimately out of new games to try.

Chitown B

Damnit....my Xbox one broke down..won't boot up anymore :/ Gonna phone MS tomorrow asap. Kinda worried about my digital games...I've got the Day One Forza edition, with DLC code, and download Max, and DR3. Will I be able to download them again on my new Xbox One or are my downloads tied to the console?

all digital is tied to your account.

jem0208

Tied to your account. You can download your games onto any console. However if you want to play offline for long periods of time you have to set the console as your home console.

So just set your replacement console as your home console and you should be fine.

sangreal

So I picked up Ryse on disc. Do installs take along time? Its only at 2% after about 10 min.

Ryse takes forever to install from disc apparently and on top of that, it has to silently download a few GB of updates before the install starts (it just stays at 0% during this process)

MCD

Ryse takes forever to install from disc apparently and on top of that, it has to silently download a few GB of updates before the install starts (it just stays at 0% during this process)

MS need to stop bundling this update business with disc installs ASAP.

kinggroin

Banned
System has a long way to go before any meaningful potential is reached (speaking strictly about UI stuff and features), but I'm happy to chime in and say I LOVE the games I have. Dead Rising 3 has been every bit as good as I could have hoped for; even Ryse, has been fun in short bursts.

I really wish Kinect worked well with noise in the room, but its understandable I guess. I just have it disconnected now :-(

iMax

My Kinect is really struggling to hear voice commands over content. Works flawlessly when the room is silent but as soon as you start watching/playing something, you really have to yell at it. Why doesn't it cancel background noise as effectively as the early tech demos showed?

kinggroin

Banned
My Kinect is really struggling to hear voice commands over content. Works flawlessly when the room is silent but as soon as you start watching/playing something, you really have to yell at it. Why doesn't it cancel background noise as effectively as the early tech demos showed?

As said above, I have the same issue. Hate it because I LOVE when it works. My favorite method of navigation.

iMax

As said above, I have the same issue. Hate it because I LOVE when it works. My favorite method of navigation.

Yeah. I can only hope it improves. Out of interest, is your Kinect in close proximity to any speakers? Because during the calibration when it asks to "pump the volume", it won't let me turn it up as high as I'd like.

iMax

Same exact problem here even being calibrated with volume on max soon as the room is loud it goes from 99% correctness to ~33% correctness..

Honestly, when my room is dead silent I can pretty much whisper my commands and it'll pick them up. If they employed their noise cancellation tech I linked to above properly, this thing would be insane.

Out shopping tomorrow, need to decide:

Lego Marvel or Skylanders Swap Force? I love all things Marvel but enjoyed and previous Skylander games and I love collectibles.

malfcn

When it gets loud responsiveness goes down for me too. What about that demo that had someone talking during nuclear loud gaming and then they played it back and the game audio was nearly removed?

iMax

Yes. I was thinking about it the other day and just who post it above.

On another topic I had Hulu skip 10 minutes randomly during Arrested Developed tonight. The eyes are covered and there were no queues showing an input initiated the jump.

Same thing happened to me with Netflix. It thought it'd heard something and it began fast-forwarding!

SPDIF

Honestly, when my room is dead silent I can pretty much whisper my commands and it'll pick them up. If they employed their noise cancellation tech I linked to above properly, this thing would be insane.

I'm pretty sure that only works if the Kinect can clearly see who's talking, so the software knows which sound to cut out and which to listen to. Can the Kinect clearly see your face from where you sit? Do you always face the Kinect when you're talking?

Top Bottom