• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Yeah this is the only command that seems to be really temperamental for me. Works about 60% of the time.

This use to not work for me at all but for some reason now it work 98% of the time (combination of new patch and re-calibrate my Xbox One?). I also realize I was saying Xbox-on instead of Xbox, On.

I'm having a problem with my kinect, I really need to shout xbox every time I want o issue a command and it will work 1/10 times. I recall rated with volume really loud and had no problems.

Not sure if it's just a faulty kinect or it's really crappy at understanding me, it's logo. Functionality works great . On another note is there a way to tell the xbox not to erase when I say xbox turn off? I just want to avoid the yes/no , also does thes overlays appear when on tv mode?

On a brighter note I finally connected my tv up and it works great , definetely something I will explore more, bit of a pain having it always on just to watch tv but I figure I can retire my DVD player and use the xbox instead to save some power :)

TeRey09

Is there a thread on GAF that compares the specs of the Xbox One to the 360? I want to get an idea of the power difference between the Xboxes and what we think that new power brings to the table. If not where's a good place to look?

Caayn

Is there a thread on GAF that compares the specs of the Xbox One to the 360? I want to get an idea of the power difference between the Xboxes and what we think that new power brings to the table. If not where's a good place to look?
Not to my knowledge on that specific topic. Here's a list of the raw computational power of the previous gen consoles and the current gen consoles. Maybe this helps give you an idea of the power gap between the two generations.

PS3
  • 230GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 176GFLOPS (GPU)
  • 22.4GB/s memory bandwidth

PS4
  • 102.4GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 1.84TFLOPS (GPU)
  • 176GB/s memory bandwidth

Xbox 360
  • 115.2GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 240GFLOPS (GPU)
  • 22.4GB/s memory bandwidth / 32GB/s (edram)

Xbox One
  • 112GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 1.31TFLOPS (GPU)
  • 68.26GB/s memory bandwidth / 204GBs (esram)

Keep in mind that these numbers don't tell the complete story. As there's a boat load of new technology incorporated in these consoles. As for a visual aid, go and play a 360 exclusive launch game and compare that to an Xbox One exclusive launch game.
1TFLOPS = 1024GFLOPS

Allforce

I keep forgetting if I asked this before, but I've got an insane amount of trade-in credit at the local store (like 300+ dollars) and I figured blowing it on hardware is better than piddling it away on software so...I'm looking at an XBO.

Here's my question, we have no cable. However we pretty much get all the OTA channels and their descriptions and program info on screen, how would this work with the XBO? Will "Xbox, Watch TV" just pull up my TV input and let me change channels between the 10-12 we get? Or is this function strictly for set-top boxes and directv receivers hooked up via HDMI?

TeRey09

Not to my knowledge on that specific topic. Here's a list of the raw computational power of the previous gen consoles and the current gen consoles. Maybe this helps give you an idea of the power gap between the two generations.

PS3
  • 230GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 176GFLOPS (GPU)
  • 22.4GB/s memory bandwidth

PS4
  • 102.4GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 1.84TFLOPS (GPU)
  • 176GB/s memory bandwidth

Xbox 360
  • 115.2GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 240GFLOPS (GPU)
  • 22.4GB/s memory bandwidth / 32GB/s (edram)

Xbox One
  • 112GFLOPS (CPU)
  • 1.31TFLOPS (GPU)
  • 68.26GB/s memory bandwidth / 204GBs (esram)

Keep in mind that these numbers tell the complete story. As there's a boat load of new technology incorporated in these consoles. As for a visual aid, go and play a 360 exclusive launch game and compare that to an Xbox One exclusive launch game.
1TFLOPS = 1024GFLOPS

Thank You, seeing the jump from one gen to the next gets me all excited to see what devs can do with the extra horsepower. What other tech do you mean?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got AssCreed Black Flag for Christmas, and Zoo Tycoon from my sister. From my little time, it looks like Ubi wins the first lazy award for same picture on each achievement, haha.

sangreal

I keep forgetting if I asked this before, but I've got an insane amount of trade-in credit at the local store (like 300+ dollars) and I figured blowing it on hardware is better than piddling it away on software so...I'm looking at an XBO.

Here's my question, we have no cable. However we pretty much get all the OTA channels and their descriptions and program info on screen, how would this work with the XBO? Will "Xbox, Watch TV" just pull up my TV input and let me change channels between the 10-12 we get? Or is this function strictly for set-top boxes and directv receivers hooked up via HDMI?

Only a box hooked up trough hdmi. You should be able to get a cheap digital converter box to use it with OTA though

I understand the folks who dont like the lb/rb bumpers but for me the One controller is superb. The more I use it the more I like it, i actually prefer it over the 360 controller. Best gen for controllers yet in my opinion.

Hey guys Is streaming throught the system just poor quality or is it the wifi in the system. Netflix is the only streaming service that I have used that has great picture quality. YouTube, twitch, and the upload studio clips have been poor to decent for me?
anybody?

Chitown B

Been playing a little bit of CoD and the thumbsticks make me sad. Feels like a madcatz controller and it seems like the sensitivity/deadzones are screwed. I hope they add in support for 360 controllers. I don't see why not it's just a USB connection.

that's never happening, so you should get used to it. I think the sticks feel awesome. They're different, as are all new controllers. Think of Xbox to Xbox 360.

My Xbox One is having some issues. Every time I try to play a blu ray, it says the player needs updating, and then it times out of trying to update. But one time it launched the blu ray fine and started playing it. WTF?

clav

Can someone help me diagnose my Kinect sensor?

Is the Xbox logo on the Kinect supposed to illuminate white at all times when the XB1 is on?

I only see the white light on/off when it sends a command to the TV or other IR devices.

Right now, the Xbox can't turn on/off the TV with the IR blaster.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
New pic of the Titanfall collector's edition statue.

Bb9EXjqIgAAR-K0.jpg:large

Holy shit lol

biRdy

My Xbox One is having some issues. Every time I try to play a blu ray, it says the player needs updating, and then it times out of trying to update. But one time it launched the blu ray fine and started playing it. WTF?

Try completely powering off the console, that seems to happen randomly but a full shut off should fix it.

sangreal

Can someone help me diagnose my Kinect sensor?

Is the Xbox logo on the Kinect supposed to illuminate white at all times when the XB1 is on?

I only see the white light on/off when it sends a command to the TV or other IR devices.

Right now, the Xbox can't turn on/off the TV with the IR blaster.

It should always be lit up (but dims). Did you enable the power on/off in tv settings? It's disabled by default

clav

It should always be lit up (but dims). Did you enable the power on/off in tv settings? It's disabled by default

My sensor's Xbox logo is not dimmed at all as I don't see anything. I do see the three IR lights though.

I'm trying to setup the TV settings feature, but the Xbox doesn't detect the TV (Vizio). None of the commands do anything.

Topper

Just finished up Ryse, enjoyed it alot more than expected. Fired up NBA2k14 right after, no response from any buttons pressed except xbox home button that takes me out of game, anyone else have this issue? Reinstalling now to see if that fixes it.

Having a small issue with my Xbone and just want to see if anyone else has the same thing.

I am not sure if it is specific to Ryse(great game btw) but I have only noticed it happen as of yesterday and the only game I have played is Ryse. But I will be playing the game and then pause and put console in stand by mode. Come back either a few hours later to resume and use the controller to wake up the console, the white light comes on, then it just turns off. I turn the console on again and its now doing a full re boot instead of just waking from stand by.

Its like it tries to wake up from stand by, fails, turns itself completely off and then I turn the console again from complete power off stage.

When people say BF4 looks bad on the Xbox One, do they mean for a next gen game or is it not even a big upgrade over the 360 version? Because I have the 360 version and it doesn't look too good.

Evo_Nine

Banned
When people say BF4 looks bad on the Xbox One, do they mean for a next gen game or is it not even a big upgrade over the 360 version? Because I have the 360 version and it doesn't look too good.

I think it looks fantastic and better than the ps4 version IMO.

People will always find something to complain about, like the comic book guy.

MarkusRJR

I am absolutely loving my Xbox One. Normally I'm a PS/Nintendo guy in terms of interest (I went an even split on games between my PS3 and 360) but I'm happy I'm going Xbox One/Wii U/3DS this gen. I had so much negative feelings on the console since E3 that I'm honestly so surprised at my complete 180 (lol) in terms of feelings. Can't wait for the next Halo game and D4 (Deadly Premonition was one of my favorite games last gen).

The only thing I feel I am legitimately going to miss out on is Persona 6, whenever that comes out near the end of the generation.

I think it looks fantastic and better than the ps4 version IMO.

People will always find something to complain about, like the comic book guy.
Um... what? It's fine to say the Xbox One version of the game of the game looks fantastic (since that's a subjective thing), but the PS4 version is objectively better than the Xbox One version. 1080p versus the 720p on the Xbox One, way better antialiasing on PS4, and no weird sharpening/overly dark filter due to the scaler.

I've played it on all 5 systems its fine. Not as good as PC and PS4 but better than current gen for sure.

Aliasing is what you notice in graphics. I sold the PS4 version and only play the XBO version if that helps ease your concerns. I just wanted to play with my most consistent group of friends online.

I am absolutely loving my Xbox One. Normally I'm a PS/Nintendo guy in terms of interest (I went an even split on games between my PS3 and 360) but I'm happy I'm going Xbox One/Wii U/3DS this gen. I had so much negative feelings on the console since E3 thT I'm honestly so surprised at my complete 180 (lol) in terms of feelings. Can't wait for the next Halo game and D4 (Deadly Premonition was one of my favorite games last gen).

The only thing I feel I am legitimately going to miss out on is Persona 6, whenever that comes out near the end of the generation.

Heh, I think the reality of a console that you can actually see and play tends to be a lot more mundane than all the worst case scenarios we tend to dream up with something that is unreleased. Especially when a lot of the information at the time would come from largely inept PR statements.

MarkusRJR

Heh, I think the reality of a console that you can actually see and play tends to be a lot more mundane than all the worst case scenarios we tend to dream up with something that is unreleased. Especially when a lot of the information at the time would come from largely inept PR statements.
If they went with the original plan I literally wouldn't have bought the console. I live in Canada (where internet is expensive, slow, and capped at small amounts) and constantly go to rural areas (my friend's all live in a small town) where only dial up exists. The original plan was literally a nightmare for me and was a worst case scenario.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I was a February 2007 PS3 early adopter. It really did have no games for a couple years, no exaggeration. Thank goodness for cod4 and ninja gaiden ports.

Top Bottom