• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown |OT| Neo GAF is Under Alien Control

Jintor

All these deals flying around. Getting totally reamed for my feelies - $70 from EB.

But artbook and insignia.

DTKT

Dumb question and probably a really small thing to gripe about but...

Can soldiers wear helmets instead of having their faces shown?

Mupod

Dumb question and probably a really small thing to gripe about but...

Can soldiers wear helmets instead of having their faces covered?

Yes, but I'm not sure if you need the elite soldier pack (preorder thing) to do that. But I think it comes with all new copies anyways?

All these deals flying around. Getting totally reamed for my feelies - $70 from EB.

But artbook and insignia.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition from EB as well Jintor. Any idea if the game comes with a single use code for Steam, or more than one code to unlock the pre-order bonus material?

The reason is that I bought a second copy from GMG for my son, and was wondering if I used that one for myself (cause I can play at midnight at release that way!) I wont lose anything from the EB collectors edition.

Anyway, just wondering. Will all be history in a couple of days when its out.

ShaneB

God dammit that GMG credit is making this harder and harder to avoid :( I just bought Darksiders 2 as well dang it! :(

RustyO

Classic Ironman seems the go for me...

Still getting tempted to double-dip and have it on pc as well; but really should wait for it a bit.

... switching my pre-order from Amazon to GMG.

GMG just brought the heat with their sexy pre-load and game credit and Civ 5.

EDIT: Anyone know how to get the free Civ 5?

inky

^Ugh, I might do that, but GMG has been rejecting my cards and paypal for 2 weeks now and I haven't heard back from support (already called my bank).

cametall

... switching my pre-order from Amazon to GMG.

GMG just brought the heat with their sexy pre-load and game credit and Civ 5.

EDIT: Anyone know how to get the free Civ 5?

Amazon says it will email you a download link at release I believe, so I'd assume GMG will do the same. Or it might occur through Steam at some point.

epmode

Amazon has that ridiculous CE + a $15 rebate so I'm sticking with them. CEs are awful and horrible and I hate them but Xcom.

calder

Don't think I've posted in this thread since it went OT but props to the OP for the great, uh, OP.

Finally got around to buying the game on Steam. 12 gig download? Damn, I thought that demo was hefty.

Post your steam profile names here or PM me, whatever you want, and I'll add you to GAFCOM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/un-known_soldier/

768px-Tomb_of_the_Unknowns2C_with_U.jpg

Killer

Banned
I never experienced Xcom before this game and this how it went: play demo, exit demo , preordered. I really need a break after all the loot whoring games I have been playing (TL2,BL2).

FStop7

Banned
I canceled my physical media preorder and switched to Steam. Wasn't worth the extra cost just for an art book.

Desaan

Where is it downloading the files to? Just checked steamapps/common and there is no sign of it, was trying to avoid re downloading the 6 gig of movie files again when they are already in the demo.

tm24

I've been coming in and out of this thread, but I'm so hyped. I picked this over Dishonered and I'm super hype. I need SRPGS in my life. I'm glad I'm an English major and read most of the materials for class many years ago. Any other major and i would be screwed hard.

Add me to GAFCOM please
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tm24/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where is it downloading the files to? Just checked steamapps/common and there is no sign of it, was trying to avoid re downloading the 6 gig of movie files again when they are already in the demo.

To an encrypted CSD archive in Steam\depotcache -- 200511_depotcache_1.csd, to be precise. The trick you want to do won't be possible until release day (in other words, using existing data to bypass some or all of the downloading is a no-go with pre-loads).

Ceebs

Still preloading...kinda shocked at the size of the game. I should not be after downloading a 6 gig demo though.

Clunker

FYI, for the other console peasants such a myself, Best Buy is still offering a $15 gift card for preorders of the console versions (might be PC version too). Locked mine in, even though I have absolutely no time to play this now.

Top Bottom