• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yay for me! ("The Da Vinci Code" related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
As soon as I saw the strange text on page 298, I headed STRAIGHT for a mirror :p Langdon and Teabing are thinking too hard. :)

After coming to terms with my oblivion of the
Fibonacci numbers
and the hidden message in
"O, Draconian devil! Oh, lame saint!,"
I redeemed myself. :)

Considering the message's text, I'm guessing that the magic letters are S-O-P-H-I-E.

Why not? It even rhymes with the message. :D

nitewulf

heh, yeah i figured that one out instantly, helps if you happen to know that little tid bit about leonardo as well.

I just finished the book right now, and I'm a bit confused...

What painting or whatever is the book referring to? Botticelli, Da Vinci... It says he's kneeling before her bones/corpse, yet I don't know what it's referring to.

jiggle

Mike Works said:
I just finished the book right now, and I'm a bit confused...

What painting or whatever is the book referring to? Botticelli, Da Vinci... It says he's kneeling before her bones/corpse, yet I don't know what it's referring to.

Are you talking about the very end?

He kneeled before the Pyramids, not painting.

\/
/\

Mary is buried in the lower half.

http://www.ho0sier.com/paris/louvre.jpg

jiggle said:
Are you talking about the very end?

He kneeled before the Pyramids, not painting.

\/
/\

Mary is buried in the lower half.
Yeah, I just figured that out after re-reading it. This is why you shouldn't read the end of a book at 2am. I'd read;

Raising his eyes again in the Louvre, he sensed the huge wings of the museum enveloping him . . . hallways that burgeoned with the world's finest art.

Da Vinci . . . Botticello . . .
As the book telling me that;

The answer was in Da Vinci's "Botticello". I don't have the strongest grasp on art, so it don't strike me that Botticello was one of the artists in the wing, and not the name of one of Da Vinci's (now) inconsequential paintings.

And while I agree that it does drag in the last quarter, I agree that it is a great read.

MIMIC said:
WHAT?!
Teabing is in on it, TOO!!??
nba_finals_2004.gif

MIMIC

Banned
I finished the book at work (when I COULD have been taking a nap. :p).

I'm confused.
What about the sacred documents that were supposed to put an end to the Church's facade??

can someone clue me in on what is so special about this book?

I have been away for a long time, I heard about it a while ago but never got the details

Manders

Banned
My friend just read it and won't shut up about it. She loaned me the book and I'm actually staring at it now.

I think I'm just going to wait for the movie.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC said:
I finished the book at work (when I COULD have been taking a nap. :p).

I'm confused.
What about the sacred documents that were supposed to put an end to the Church's facade??

Well sophies mum did say that the priory never intended to let the secret out at all.

MIMIC

Banned
catfish said:
Well sophies mum did say that the priory never intended to let the secret out at all.

Yeah, but unless Jacques was misleading Langdon and Sophie from the get-go, they had sufficiently gathered enough clues to uncover the location of the documents. They apparently never got to them. Unless they are buried in Mary Magdalene's tomb along with her remains.

Sophie and Langdon, I assume, have been entrusted with the secret(s) now. THEY are now the possessors of the documents, but they never talked about it at the end.

What gives? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom