• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshio Sakamoto and 2D Metroid Team's Next Project....

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I was thinking about what Mr. Sakamoto and his Metroid team might be working on next. I doubt the team is hard at work on a GBA game for 2nd half 2005 at this point, so realistically the next bet is Nintendo DS.

So what could Sakamoto and his team do on the DS? Another Metroid doesn't seem likely as NST is already working on a Metroid title, and 3 straight Metroid titles would be overkill for his talented team.

Kid Icarus? Not on DS. Balloon Fight? Not on DS. Detective Club 3?? Yes on DS? One of the most acknowledged and loved series in Japan that never quite made it to America. Sakamoto's text adventure murder mystery would actually be prime for the Nintendo DS touch screen abilities. What about using the mic as well?

shot-1.jpg

PS. Why has no group ever translated this series??

SantaC

Shikamaru Ninja said:
I was thinking about what Mr. Sakamoto and his Metroid team might be working on next. I doubt the team is hard at work on a GBA game for 2nd half 2005 at this point, so realistically the next bet is Nintendo DS.

So what could Sakamoto and his team do on the DS? Another Metroid doesn't seem likely as NST is already working on a Metroid title, and 3 straight Metroid titles would be overkill for his talented team.

Kid Icarus? Not on DS. Balloon Fight? Not on DS. Detective Club 3?? Yes on DS? One of the most acknowledged and loved series in Japan that never quite made it to America. Sakamoto's text adventure murder mystery would actually be prime for the Nintendo DS touch screen abilities. What about using the mic as well?

shot-1.jpg

Ok so this could make it to the western countries as well?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It surely would be released in America I think. Especially on the Nintendo DS. Plus, thanks to the internet, people have become very aware of what any game from the Metroid director is.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I'm worried about 2D Metroid's future. Metroid Hunters sounds great, and Metroid Prime IS great, but I still want 2D installments of the series too.

We'll probably get one eventually, but it's taken 8 years to get a new 2D Mario since a 3D version was introduced (more if it doesn't come out this year) and I don't want to wait that long again.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Shikamaru Ninja said:
It surely would be released in America I think. Especially on the Nintendo DS. Plus, thanks to the internet, people have become very aware of what any game from the Metroid director is.
Well that certainly helps, but I'm not sure if Nintendo would feel comfortable releasing a text-adventure game in the states. More power to them if they do, though.

CrisKre

Mama Smurf, there is always GameBoy Advance. And at the rate that thing sells, Im hoping well see Metroid Two a'la Zero Mission.

Shikamaru Ninja said:

shot-1.jpg

Sakamoto made Kid icarus and baloon fight on the nes?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Sakamoto directed Balloon Fight and Balloon Kid. Sakamoto has claimed he was involved with the Kid Icarus series, I know he didn't direct 1, maybe pt 2.

Shikamaru Ninja said:

If they won't release games that would cost nothing to translate (Kuru and Starfly), hell will freeze over before they'll release a text adventure that has zero western recognition and would require heavy translation.

ge-man

I like Ninja's idea. It wouldn't be a huge seller, but it seems like the type of thing where you could fool around with everything the DS has to offer. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Detective Club anything in this era of gaming.

Top Bottom