• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Campy 80s Horror Films

8bitpill

MjH9iFE.gif

Dr.Morris79

So I can throw a new one out there (unless it's in a poster or something else I can't ctrl+f), I was pretty into Mind Games from 1989. It's about this family who befriends a really nice hitchhiker.
Hot damn, you just reminded me

And something not necessarily from the 80's, it just eeks in at early 90's, but it's pure camp and bat shit crazy..

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Hot damn, you just reminded me

And something not necessarily from the 80's, it just eeks in at early 90's, but it's pure camp and bat shit crazy..

I watch hundreds of movies a year, and still I can't seem to catch up on all the ones I want. I've gotta see Highway to Hell!

Dural

Re-Animator for sure. Love that flick.

also
MV5BN2IyOWU4MGUtZjEyNC00ODNjLTg3OGMtZmNlM2ZlZDYzOWJjXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Puppet Master gave me nightmares when I was a child. When I was older they would air the movies on Sci-Fi Channel around Halloween and they still unsettled me.

Sleepaway Camp is great, I bought the DVD set 20 years ago and they're a great watch for campy Horror fans.

Creepshow and Creepshow 2 are also really good. I loved 2 as a kid, it was one of the first horror movies I watched.

0VXYZge.jpeg

5CKnOjf.jpeg

jason10mm

Gold Member
Beat me. Night of the Creeps.

I saw them all though. Good times.
I've seen almost all of them as well, most IN THE DAMNED THEATER! It was crazy how often we would go to the movies back then. And then the inevitable blockbuster/video store perusal on a friday night. Damn, kids these days have NO IDEA the delicious taste of anticipation hoping to get that hot new rental or browsing the aisles for trashy box art to jump out and grab you.

Chronicle

I've seen almost all of them as well, most IN THE DAMNED THEATER! It was crazy how often we would go to the movies back then. And then the inevitable blockbuster/video store perusal on a friday night. Damn, kids these days have NO IDEA the delicious taste of anticipation hoping to get that hot new rental or browsing the aisles for trashy box art to jump out and grab you.
Better days, my friend.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My Halloween movie group watched our first cheesy 80s film tonight: Ghoulies!

It was terrible. lol

Top Bottom