• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite screamers. (Music thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear Factory:
Example Song:
SHOCK <----- When that fucker screams S H O C K!! My whole damn house rumbles!!!

System of a Down:
Example Songs:
WAR <------ This tune has some SICK screams.
Suite Pee
ddevil

Marylin Manson:
Example Songs:
Angel With Scabbed Wings <--- Sic Tune
The Reflecting God

Soul Fly
Example Songs:
Primative

fuck I can make a list all day... lol I think I'll stop while I'm ahead of the game.

Raxel

DrM said:
Rob Halford - true screaming demon
Hansi Kursch - one of the best vocalists in metal today...he is just unbelivable

Good choices there. I'll add Michael Kiske, Kai Hansen, Axel Rudi Pell-era Johnny Gioeli and TNT-era Tony Harnell. Glenn Hughes does the best vocal acrobatics though :D

Devin Townsend for sure. Listen to Strapping Young Lad's "Devour" and you'll understand.

Max Cavalera of SOULFLY. "Primitive" is a classic example, but there's countless others.

Mudvanye's singer. Listen to "Dig" for christ sake. The opening scream owns 99% of the wimpers the rest of you have listed. If that doesn't do it for ya, then try "Skrying" off the newer album.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned TESTAMENT????? "The Gathering" is one big fatass example of what makes them so fuckin legendary.

Corey Taylor of Slipknot. "Heretic Anthem" is a screamer's tune for sure.

Uno Ill Nino said:
Devin Townsend for sure. Listen to Strapping Young Lad's "Devour" and you'll understand.

Max Cavalera of SOULFLY. "Primitive" is a classic example, but there's countless others.

Mudvanye's singer. Listen to "Dig" for christ sake. The opening scream owns 99% of the wimpers the rest of you have listed. If that doesn't do it for ya, then try "Skrying" off the newer album.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned TESTAMENT????? "The Gathering" is one big fatass example of what makes them so fuckin legendary.

Corey Taylor of Slipknot. "Heretic Anthem" is a screamer's tune for sure.

Yeah "DIG" kicks ass. Speaking of Mudvayne, I love that song "Nothing to Gein" on their first album. Hot damn did that tune kick so much ass!!

Can't believe I forgot Slipknot as well! *smack*

The two dudes from the Blood Brothers definetly. You can find that a lot in hard/noisecore bands, but I think the Blood Brothers do it exceptionally well.

Ohgr from Skinny Puppy gets my vote too.

Doth Togo

AlphaSnake said:
I love it when a typically quiet singer just blows up in the middle of a song and starts screaming his head off. It adds so much contrast to a song and creates a ridiculously crazy adrenaline rush. I've been listening to the Burning Brides for the past 2 months now, non stop. Dimitri Coates is easily the best screamer I've ever heard. Better than Maynard? Yep. (Dodges hail storm of pitchforks). And he isn't an emo-screamer either. Nope, his screams sound as if they come from the heart. I saw the Burning Brides live and they're flawless. Dimitri's screams are a gift from God.

My other favorite screamers include Chris Cornell, Paul McCartney, Jared Leto, Maynard, Chino, Serj Tankian, and Dave Grohl.

So, who are your favorites?

- PJ Harvey

- The Who ("Meet the New Boss")

Greekboy

Banned
intro.jenna.jpg

Shazapp

I agree with Mike Patton and Maynard, but let us not forget:

king-diamond003.jpg

King Diamond.

Listen to ABIGAIL or THEM. Great stuff.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
clipunderground said:
lol. Never thought of it that way... hehe

And you shouldn't. It's the very reason I put "music thread" in parenthesis. :D

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Cerebral Palsy said:
I was really disappointed by Watch Out... :(

I don't mind it. It's not top notch, but it's good. First cd is definitely better though.

44 calibur love letter is still my favorite song.

snaildog

AlphaSnake said:
My other favorite screamers include Chris Cornell, Paul McCartney, Jared Leto, Maynard, Chino, Serj Tankian, and Dave Grohl.
Is 'Oh! Darling' the only song Paul McCartney screams in? I can't think of any others. Although I've hardly heard any of his solo work. Best scream in Abbey Road still goes to John Lennon in She's So Heavy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom