• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your go to burger at each fast food joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here craving a burger and contemplating what to get, which got me thinking, what is your default choice when you go to each fast food restaurant?

Here are mine.
McDonald's - quarter pounder with cheese
Burger King - whopper with cheese
Jack in the box - sourdough jack
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - western bacon cheeseburger
Wendy's - daves hot and juicy double
In n out - double double animal style with whole grilled onions
Five guys - bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce

Follow up question, which is your favorite? I would have to go with the five guys burger although it cost more.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I dont really eat much fast food but I was hungry as hell this afternoon and my only option that was cheap and quick was BK. I must say the whopper isn't half bad. They stepped it up from the last time I had one years ago.

clav

Usually In-N-Out or Costco cafeteria for fast food.

If you ever read about working conditions about some of those fast food places, you may want to reconsider unless you like the idea of sick workers forced to work for their paychecks because they have no sick days. They probably cough all over the food they're preparing.

sphagnum

Banned
McDonald's- I don't eat their burgers, just breakfast
Burger King - Whopper
Wendy's - Baconator
Five Guys - bacon cheeseburger with raw onions and mayo

Akainu

Wendy's": jr chese burger
BK: rodeo burger (don't think they have it anymore, at least near where i live)
Mcdonalds: nothing cause those cheap fucks butchered their dollar menu.

RetroMG

At each place? Huh. Okay.

McDonalds - I usually get Chicken Nuggets, but about once a year I get a Big Mac. I usually regret it immediately.
Burger King - Double Whopper with Cheese
Carls Jr - Super Star with Cheese (I think that's the name. It's the same thing as the double whopper)
In n Out - Double Double, Spread and Cheese only

I'm realizing that I'm pretty much listing out every fast food place's variant on the same burger. I like double meat and double cheese. No tomatoes (they give me heartburn) and I only do lettuce or onions at some places. (Five Guys, mostly) Most places put on too much lettuce or onion. I ordered a burger, not a salad.

My favorite is Five Guys. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's my favorite. I like to get a cheeseburger with light mayo, extra cheese, and either lettuce or bacon for a textural component. Or, I will sometimes get a bacon cheese dog with ketchup and light mustard.

ctfg23

Wendy's: Baconator
Carl's Jr.: Western Burger
Jack in the Box: Sourdough Jack
In N' Out: Double-Double
Five Guys: Bacon Cheeseburger with extra patty, ketchup and mayo

McDonald's and BK burgers are trash

My favorite is close between Wendy's and Five Guys

Sarobi

Banned
Wendy's: Baconator
Stake n Shake: Double stake burger
In N Out : Double Double
Jack in the box: Sourdough Jack

McDonald's - Double Quarter Pounder, No Cheese
Burger King - Double Whopper, No Cheese or Mayo
Wendy's - Dave's Double, No Cheese or Mayo
Cook Out - Huge Burger with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Mustard, Ketchup

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Names might be different in other regions

McDonald's - CBO

p_CBO_grande.jpg

Burker King - Long Texas

19162_BK_Web_Long_Texas_BBQ_500x540px.png

We dont have other burger fast food places >_>

Mcd's: quarter pounder with cheese
BK: Angry whopper if they have it
Byron or Meat Liquor (not really fast food but still chain restaurants): green chili burger

I rarely have fast food these days, but angry whoppers can tempt me.

A Five Guys just opened up near me (Brighton,UK) so I need to check it out.

McDonald's - double big mac, no cheese
Burger King - whopper no cheese, no mayo
Jack in the box - pretty sure Jack in the Box doesn't exist.
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - Superstar, no cheese
Wendy's - Dave's double, no cheese, no mayo
In n out - wtf is an in and out?
Five guys - wtf is a Five Guys?
A&W - Double Teenburger, no cheese, no bacon, no mayo.

DBT85

I don't eat maccys burgers as I always feel hungrier afterward than I did before.

At bk my fave is the triple whopper with cheese. Though I might only go there once a year.

World needs more BKs.

At Five Guys the first time I went I ordered and extra patty as I didn't know it already had 2. That was a good burger.

AMUSIX

Using your list:
McDonald's - Big Mac or McChicken
Burger King - ugh, not sure...nothing?
Jack in the box - Double Jack, no tomato, extra lettuce
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich
Wendy's - can't remember the last time I've been to one
In n out - double single, whole raw onions, no tomato, extra lettuce, extra toasted bun, pickles
Five guys - double burger (no cheese), bacon, onion, lettuce, mushrooms, bell peppers, pickles, mayo, A-1

Follow up question, which is your favorite?

First, between In-n-Out and 5 Guys, 5 Guys wins. As for the full list, either 5 Guys, or JitB. JitB used to beat 5 Guys when they had their mushroom-swiss sirloin burger (no tomato, extra lettuce).

SkyOdin

McDonalds: either a regular cheeseburger or a quarter pounder w/ cheese
In n Out: A cheeseburger with onions but no tomatoes

The In'n'Out cheeseburger is perfect. A double double is far inferior, because the balance of meat/cheese vs other stuff is way off. More meat isn't better.

McDonald's - Quarter pounder with cheese
In N Out- Plain cheeseburger (meat, cheese, bun)

Yup I'm pretty plain but I prefer the simple cheeseburger. I find that various condiments overpower the charbroiled flavor. Although at home I go wild with bacon, tomatoes, etc.

Wendy's - Classic double w/ no pickles, no onions

Burger King - Whooper w/ cheese.... no pickles, no onions

McDonalds - Quarter Pounder

Rallys (Checkers) - Big Buford w/ grilled onions

Sonic - Super Sonic w/ bacon

Hardees (Carl's Jr.) - Mushroom Swiss thickburger

Nepenthe

From fast-food places where I'm willing to get a burger over something else:

Burger King: Whooper Jr. with no mayo or tomato
Checker's: Checkerburger with cheese, no mayo or tomato
Cookout: Small cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard

I'm pretty plain. xP

I usually mix it up. But tacobell I always get a mexican pizza, and animal style fries at in-n-out. edit: i just noticed "burger". well I really cycle through most of the menu whenever I do fast food since I go often.

Am I wrong to like double western bacon cheeseburger from hardees/carls jr though? My friends say I'm crazy for liking it.

McDonald's - Daily Double
Burger King - Whopper Jr (or sometimes the Double Stacker if they have it)
Wendy's - Jr Bacon Cheeseburger
Whataburger - Avocado Bacon Burger (or sometimes whatever that chicken strip sandwich monstrosity is called)

I tend to only get the miniature-sized burgers at fast food places because they're a lot cheaper than their big brothers and they're satisfying enough. They also make me feel slightly less guilty for being a lazy disgusting piece of shit who's eating fast food instead of cooking at home :p

zeemumu

Wendy's-Single
IN-N-OUT-Double Double
McDonald's-Angus Third Pounder Mushroom and Swiss (hold the mayo)
Burger King-Regular Whopper
Five Guys-Lettuce, tomato, onion, and mushrooms
Red Robin-Mushroom burger
Carl's Jr.-Original Six Dollar Burger
Farmer Boy's-Farmer's Burger

finalflame

In-N-Out: 4x4, mustard fried patties, spread sauce/chopped grilled onions/chopped chillies ONLY.

McDonald's: McDouble, no pickles.

Wendy's: Triple Baconator.

Carl's Jr: Double Breakfast Burger (served all day SON!)

Five Guys: Cheeseburger (2 patties), ketchup, mayo, grilled mushrooms.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UK so we don't have most of those

McDonalds : quarterpounder with cheese. the other parties are too thin and cardboardy
Burger King : the chicken one is ok. No beef since they stopped the mushroom double Swiss here. That was god-like
Five guys : junior cheeseburger with bacon. Full size too expensive and filling. Also Oreo shake with bacon.

Wood Man

Five Guys - Cheeseburger, extra hot sauce, grilled onions, lettuce, relish & mayo.

Mc Donalds - Double stack at late night. It's been double stacking on my weight too.

Five Guys: Bacon cheeseburger w/ grilled onions and mushrooms, pickles, mayo, and either BBQ sauce or ketchup
Culver's: Double bacon deluxe
Wendy's: Baconator or whatever the LTO is.
Hardees: Really only go to them for their LTO stuff if it's interesting.
White Castle: Varies, but usually around 3-4 double cheeseburgers, sometimes swapping a few singles in instead.

McDonald's-Angus Third Pounder Mushroom and Swiss (hold the mayo)
Where do you live that still has the angus burgers? They were the only thing I ever actually liked at Mcdonalds but they got rid of them years ago.

In-N-Out - Cheeseburger with light lettuce and grilled onions. If I'm really hungry, I switch it to a Double Double.

Wendy's - Although not a burger, the grilled chicken sandwich is good.

Carl's Jr - It used to be the Bacon Western Burger, but now I can only handle their Big Chicken Fillet Sandwich.

McDonalds - I was going to say Big Mac, but then I tried their Grand Mac. GM is much better.

The Habit - The Teriyaki Charburger.

I'm not fond of most fast food burgers, but here's what I get at the chains I do go to.

Fuddruckers: 1/2 lb patty (med rare if they're willing to make it that way), 8 strips of bacon, 4-5 slices of tomato, caramelized onions, and about 6 or 7 onion rings on top, with ketchup and A1 sauce.

Smashburger: Two patties on an onion bun, 6 strips of bacon, tomato, haystack onions, ketchup, and grilled jalapenos if they have them.

when you have a default burger for several different fast food restaurants, you eat too much fast food.

I would love to know what my default burger would be for In-N-Out, Five Guys or a Carl's Jr. for example but I live in the snow blasted north where variety never made it across the border. Explore the culinary delights of your burgertopia friend I implore you.

Jake.

australia:

mcdonalds - medium double quarter pounder w cheese meal.
hungry jacks (basically burger king) - medium double whopper w cheese meal OR medium original grilled chicken burger meal.
kfc - regular twister combo OR the dope 24 nugget deal when they have it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom