• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your go to burger at each fast food joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk, the standard McDonalds cheeseburger has the ratios down, it's my go-to because if I want fast food I don't necessarily want to spend more for a bigger burger (I'm gonna go higher end if I want that). It's cheap and has the ratios that taste good.

I generally always get the standard, cheap option because it's simple, gets made quicker and is always aight. I ain't got time for fries and effort.

But then maybe it's my fault for living somewhere that McDo is 100 times more convenient to get to than any other chain.

finalflame

Real talk, the standard McDonalds cheeseburger has the ratios down, it's my go-to because if I want fast food I don't necessarily want to spend more for a bigger burger (I'm gonna go higher end if I want that). It's cheap and has the ratios that taste good.

I generally always get the standard, cheap option because it's simple, gets made quicker and is always aight. I ain't got time for fries and effort.

But then maybe it's my fault for living somewhere that McDo is 100 times more convenient to get to than any other chain.

Used to be McD's for me, and a McDouble, but living in California and having an In-N-Out equidistant to my house there is literally zero reason to ever get a cheeseburger from McDonald's, unless I'm just irrationally craving that specific McD's taste. In-N-Out is a touch more expensive but just infinitely better.

lol wtf, these look so awkward, but I'm sure they taste great. What possessed BK to just make long things?
I like long things. I mean burger

The long cheeseburger is so amazing. Last month they had him for 1.99€. I went there several times a week for that delicious long thing hmmm

darklin0

Banned
I usually only go out for fast food when friends want to go but it usually goes like this.

McDonald's - I wish I was at In-n-Out
Burger King - I wish I was at In-n-Out
Jack in the box - I wish I was at In-n-Out
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - I wish I was at In-n-Out
Wendy's - I wish I was at In-n-Out
In n out - Double Double with grilled onions, fries, and a vanilla shake.

finalflame

I like long things. I mean burger

The long cheeseburger is so amazing. Last month they had him for 1.99€. I went there several times a week for that delicious long thing hmmm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess I'll have to give BK a shot again for the first time in a while.

I usually only go out for fast food when friends want to go but it usually goes like this.

My man. In-N-Out pretty damn much nullifies all other fast food burgers EXCEPT the Carl's Jr. Breakfast Burger when I want that specific combination of things in between two buns.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
McDonald's: Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, no onions, add mayo
Burger King: Bacon Double Cheeseburger
Hardee's: Monster Burger
Five Guys: Bacon Cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, pickles, tomatoes and extra cheese
Wendy's: Dave's Double, no onions
Culver's: Culver's Bacon Deluxe, two patties, no onions
In-N-Out: Double Double, medium rare, mustard fried, no onions, ketchup instead of spread

Cepheus

McDonalds- I don't eat their burgers because they're awful, but I'll get a free chicken mayo burger because I'm a student. I only get Chicken Selects from there, with a large vanilla milkshake and the mozzarella sticks.

Burger King- Steakhouse Burger. The best burger to ever grace the Earth. Though, I take the tomatoes out of it. With large fries and Ice Tea.

Apt101

Yes, burger thread.

McDonald's: quarter pounder with cheese, no onion. I love those things.

Hardee's/Carls Jr: The Frisco burger. That shit is the law.

Five Guys: regular cheese burger, L/T/M, pickles, grilled onions (light, if you don't tell them they basically give you an onion burger), ketchup, mayo. A big, greasy, sloppy, glorious mess.

Burger King: Whopper with cheese, no onion. I wish they still made them like they used to back in the day, slightly soft and flat and smokier.

Wendy's: just a double stack with cheese, no onion. I wish they still had The Big Bacon Classic or whatever it was called.

Cook Out: I alternate between classic and cheddar style.

White Castle: I always get one fish slider, one chicken, one bacon cheese, and one original with egg and cheese. If I am starving I'll throw in another w/cheese. And I always at them in that order.

Red Robin: Royal. Best burger out there IMO.

Farmboy

Filet O' Fish deserves love. Here's a great article on why it's more than the sum of its parts.

Also can't order it without hearing Triumph saying "Don't forget to finish your filet o' fish, Dragon Master!" in my head. Which is an added bonus.

EDIT: Now realize this may not count as a burger. Still deserves a mention!

Here in the UK;

McDonalds - Big tasty, fries and a coke zero. If its not on the menu, a Big Mac
Burger King - Bacon double cheese burger, fries and a coke zero
KFC - Zinger box meal. That's a Zinger tower burger with 2 hot wings, fries, a side (usually BBQ beans) and a pepsi max.
Subway - Italian BMT

McDonald's: Sriracha chicken sandwich, sometimes a quarter pounder w/ cheese & no onion

In n' out: double-double w/ no onions

Wendy's: spicy chicken sandwich, but they have great burgers too

Burger King: jr. Bacon cheeseburger, also chicken fries are a guilty pleasure

Subway: a spicy Italian with cucumber, tomato, peppers, pickles, light jalapeños and Chipotle sauce or honey mustard

There are other places I like but don't eat at frequently enough to have a favorite item.

McDonalds: Double Cheese

we don't really have any other fast-food hamburger chains here, except for Quick but I never go there.

robotrock

Banned
McDonald's - filet o fish
Burger King - some chicken thing
Jack in the box - never been
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - never been
Wendy's - double
In n out - double double animal style
Five guys - double cheeseburger with onions

Badassperger

Neo Member
Hey, Five Guys connoiseurs, a Five Guys is opening this year in The Netherlands. It'll be the first one, ever. I'm pretty big on burgers. What should I get?

McDonald's - quarter pounder with cheese, cheese only
Burger King - bacon double cheeseburger, cheese only
Wendy's - baconator, cheese only
Five guys - bacon double cheeseburger with BBQ sauce

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
McD's: 2 triple cheeseburgers + large fries + mango pineapple smoothie.

I'm at a local diner right now (Pop's Branding Iron) and I have what I usually get, a Prairie Fire Burger. It's got pepperjack cheese and green chiles, so good! You can even add another patty for pretty cheap.

darklin0

Banned
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess I'll have to give BK a shot again for the first time in a while.

My man. In-N-Out pretty damn much nullifies all other fast food burgers EXCEPT the Carl's Jr. Breakfast Burger when I want that specific combination of things in between two buns.

Bro. If we are throwing breakfast in the mix, Carl's is the best. Their breakfast burger is one of my favorite menus items.

RMI

Banned
I only go to two burger joints

In N Out - Cheeseburger with grilled onions
Five Guys - Little cheeseburger with everything + jalapenos

I usually get fries, and don't drink soda really. on rare occasion I'll get a vanilla milk shake at In N Out for after the burger, but then I skip the fries.

Apt101

Bro. If we are throwing breakfast in the mix, Carl's is the best. Their breakfast burger is one of my favorite menus items.

Yes Hardee's/Carl's rules breakfast. Loaded omelet biscuit? That biscuit with the link sausages? Blueberry biscuit? Fucking country fried steak biscuit? Just to name a few.

They put every other single place to shame when it comes to breakfast.

finalflame

DILLON_predator.gif

Might just go get one in an hour or so. This thread has been giving me cravings all night.

Matty77

No matter where I go I will just get a couple basic cheeseburgers and a fry. Nothing fancy, if I want a good burger with additives and trimmings I'll cook it myself. If I am eating fast food I'm not there for taste just need something quick to throw down the hatch.

finalflame

No matter where I go I will just get a couple basic cheeseburgers and a fry. Nothing fancy, if I want a good burger with additives and trimmings I'll cook it myself. If I am eating fast food I'm not there for taste just need something quick to throw down the hatch.

Just 1 fry? :p

I always get smaller sandwiches over bigger stuff. Like at McDonalds I'll get a McDouble and a McChicken. Especially since every main sandwich is like $4-5 now.

KDR_11k

Mc Donald's - Big Mac
Burger King - Double Steakhouse
Kochlöffel - go look for something else

I haven't been to KFC often enough to form any habits there. We don't have other chains here.

Lev

Usually In-N-Out or Costco cafeteria for fast food.

If you ever read about working conditions about some of those fast food places, you may want to reconsider unless you like the idea of sick workers forced to work for their paychecks because they have no sick days. They probably cough all over the food they're preparing.

Damn. You just reminded me how decent Costco pizza is.

zeemumu

Where do you live that still has the angus burgers? They were the only thing I ever actually liked at Mcdonalds but they got rid of them years ago.

Last time I went to McDonalds (Brea in SoCal) they had some variation of it, but that was while agos o it's prbably gone

dperrin

Whataburger - green chili double
McDonald's - McDouble
Burger King - cheeseburger
Steak N Shake - garlic butter burger
Five Guys - bacon Cheeseburger with mushrooms, jalapenos, and BBQ sauce
In N Out - Cheeseburger animal style

McDonald's: Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, no onions, add mayo
Burger King: Bacon Double Cheeseburger
Hardee's: Monster Burger
Five Guys: Bacon Cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, pickles, tomatoes and extra cheese
Wendy's: Dave's Double, no onions
Culver's: Culver's Bacon Deluxe, two patties, no onions
In-N-Out: Double Double, medium rare, mustard fried, no onions, ketchup instead of spread

Hmmm need to try this with ketchup instead of spread. Does it end up tasting like any other burger? I think the uniqueness of in n out is the spread.

Mashing

McDonald's: Spicy McChicken

Whataburger: A1 Thick and Hearty

Rarely eat at any other burger chains. There's a mom and pop one here that I love to death though.

The only fast food burgers I've even had in the last year are the McDouble or McChicken at Mcdonald's like once a month. I have a Jack In The Box like 1/4 mile away from me but everything there is like eating a bucket of grease so no thanks.

AlexMogil

Of the non burger joins:

Long John Silvers: grease soaked rag
Popeye's Chicken: Oil Flavrin's, Cajun style
Captain D's: The Cap'ns Fish Nuts
Arby's: onion dusted liver squeezins

Burger King: Whopper cheese, no tomato no onion
McDonald's: double quarter pounder with cheese, no onions
Five guys: double with cheese and mustard
Hardee's: mushroom and swiss
Wendy's: double with cheese, no onion, no tomato
Sonic: any burger is really good!

I can't handle Burger King any more even though I love the flavor. Hardee's beef is not very good. Five guys is just... oily flavored. Sonic is making good burgers!

FinKL

LOL sometimes you have to make due with what's presented
McDonald's - Double Quarter Pounder or Big Mac
Burger King - Whopper JR or Double Cheeseburger
Jack in the box - Buttery Jacks
Carl's Jr./ Hardee's - California Burger
Wendy's - Double Stack
In n out - Double Double with grilled onions+onions+chopped chillies

muteki

Wendy's - double stack
McDonalds - 2x cheeseburger
Smashburger - custom big burger
Five guys - cheeseburger