• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I like these special events in the Hollow you get when leveling up character's trust(y)

hTjOaxr.jpeg

rDYVuel.jpeg

PERMR2X.jpeg

So far I only seen one for Zhu (almost at max trust level) but not for other characters, I guess it's by design that they're random and can happen (or not) at any point while exploring the Hollow :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Kinda felt indifferent about Corin and basically never used her in any of my teams even though she was one of the free characters you got at the start as part of the pre-reg rewards. Buuut, after playing chapter 3 and starting her trust event she has grown on me quite a bit.

I probably still won't use her, but I liked her interactions with Belle, and also with Rina and the rest of Victoria Housekeeping. Poor girl just tries her best and wants nothing more than to please everyone she looks up to, even though she's an introvert with social anxiety, which can make things a little awkward from time to time.

Aenima

Doesn't this suggest that Mihoyo new game is taking profits away from their older games? It's impossible to tell if that would have been the situation otherwise, but it does kind of look that way.
Yes, its clear that alot of players droping money on ZZZ are Hoyoverse players. Just look at the drops from Genshin and HSR.

What im curious is to see next month revenue. This was ZZZ launch month, but i dont see ZZZ making more money then Geshin and HSR in a few months. It will still make crazy good money though.

Last edited:
A side note: Fate Grand Order, 7 years later, keeps being Sony's most profitable IP.

and still, NO MAJOR CONSOLE GAME.

They are too busy investing in Firewalk, Haven, MM, and whatever the fuck will shut down in 2 years time. Insanity.

Doesn't this suggest that Mihoyo new game is taking profits away from their older games? It's impossible to tell if that would have been the situation otherwise, but it does kind of look that way.

The fluctuations in revenue are seasonal, due to summer events and special banners. I think Mihoyo is diversifying pretty well so their games don't overlap too much. Next one will be an Animal Crossing gacha.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Kinda felt indifferent about Corin and basically never used her in any of my teams even though she was one of the free characters you got at the start as part of the pre-reg rewards. Buuut, after playing chapter 3 and starting her trust event she has grown on me quite a bit.

I probably still won't use her, but I liked her interactions with Belle, and also with Rina and the rest of Victoria Housekeeping. Poor girl just tries her best and wants nothing more than to please everyone she looks up to, even though she's an introvert with social anxiety, which can make things a little awkward from time to time.
I feel exactly the same. I like Corin as a character, but unfortunately I will never use her in combat. I hope that we'll get her (as well as everyone else who don't have one yet) Agent Story quests at some point though🤞:messenger_relieved:

Doom85

Not really. I can’t speak for Genshin, but Honkai Star Rail’s prior new banner (which was mostly in June) was Firefly, a character who had been present in the story since 2.0 and fan anticipation was massive. I don’t know sales but they had to have been very good at least. But that also means the following banner is affected as some players are on a tighter budget and can’t afford to spend to get every character (and possibly the character’s Light Cone), not to mention Firefly’s first two Eidolons (bonus powers unlocked if you pull more than one of a character) were VERY strong so that must have boosted sales as well.

The banner they had for most of July was Jade, who was only introduced in 2.3, and also was presented as morally shady, so I’m not shocked not as many people pulled for her. Not to mention she was Follow up Attack-focused, a gameplay type that has been in the game since the beginning thus making Jade less unique, whereas Firefly uses Super Break Effect, a gameplay type only recently introduced in 2.2. Jade was just never going to be as good a seller as Firefly with all of that in place.

So no, even if ZZZ didn’t exist, I don’t think HSR’s sales for July would have been that much better.

Last edited:
Yeah corin has the best friendship stuff, koleda's aren't bad either; grace is just a weirdo and billy's lvl 4 one was just kinda annoying in how to finish it, but it gives more hints to his past. Rina's lvl 4 one was cool since there are multiple options to choose from so you can replay it to see all the different answers, and it also explains how the VR stuff works in-universe.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah corin has the best friendship stuff, koleda's aren't bad either; grace is just a weirdo and billy's lvl 4 one was just kinda annoying in how to finish it, but it gives more hints to his past. Rina's lvl 4 one was cool since there are multiple options to choose from so you can replay it to see all the different answers, and it also explains how the VR stuff works in-universe.
Did you get Zhu or...? She... well, I'm not gonna spoil it, it's better to experience it by yourself:messenger_beaming:

I think I've 5 characters at trust lvl 4 already, there's only Corin left, Ellen and... well, I don't think Lucy and Piper are going to have their trust quests at all until their Faction will get it's time to shine in the story, and who knows when it'll happen. And there's also other members of Victoria Housekeeping.... maybe in the next few major updates cuz the end of 1.0 story clearly showed that this faction will be a major player in the story along with the characters.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So, what do you guys think? v1.1 will release on Aug 14, less than 2 weeks from now!:messenger_grinning:

Imho, Qingyi has much better and badass fighting style than Jane (not to mention her ultimate), so I'm kinda on the fence whether I'll be searching for Jane or not, I guess I'll decide after I test her in a demo trial which I'm sure will be available at launch. Jane looks cool, but just cuz of that alone I won't be wasting my polys + she'll be the second anomaly agent and there's no enemy type in the game with anomaly weakness.

Seth being an A rank agent is good, it means that pretty much everyone will get him much sooner than Jane or Qingyi. It also looks like there'll be more life and stuff added to the world which is great, cuz right now there's barely anything interesting there to do after you finished 1.0s story. All in all, 1.1 looks great, can't wait to check it out with all the new content.

Last edited:

Aenima

So, what do you guys think? v1.1 will release on Aug 14, less than 2 weeks from now!:messenger_grinning:

Imho, Qingyi has much better and badass fighting style than Jane (not to mention her ultimate), so I'm kinda on the fence whether I'll be searching for Jane or not, I guess I'll decide after I test her in a demo trial which I'm sure will be available at launch. Jane looks cool, but just cuz of that alone I won't be wasting my polys + she'll be the second anomaly agent and there's no enemy type in the game with anomaly weakness.

Seth being an A rank agent is good, it means that pretty much everyone will get him much sooner than Jane or Qingyi. It also looks like there'll be more life and stuff added to the world which is great, cuz right now there's barely anything interesting there to do after you finished 1.0s story. All in all, 1.1 looks great, can't wait to check it out with all the new content.
Anomaly is like stun is not a strenght or weakness. Anomaly characters build up the element anomaly much faster which is great to trigger disorder that deals alot of damage. Jade Doe is physical element thats what enemies will have weakness or imunity against.
Qingyi is just a better Anby, shes an electro stun, Jane Doe is a better Piper its a physical anomaly, and Seth is trash.

If i have alot of polys by the time Jade drops, i pull on Jane, but looking at the rate im earning polys after the single player content is done, i dont think i can garantee any banner character anytime soon, i have enough for the 50/50 only. I think i better wait for the Myiabi crew to arrive and see what they do.

Some events from the version 1.1 seems interesting, but im only looking forward to the new chapter and new character Story about Jane. Then back to dailies and those quick events to keep very slownly build up premium currency. Fucking hell these guys are so stingy.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

So I spent 50 of the pulls I've saved for Zhu Yuan's banner and ofc I haven't gotten her. Still need like 20 something more till I'll get to her 50/50.

That said, I did manage to C6 Nicole and C4 Lucy, so I'm pretty okay with that. :messenger_smirking:

k1onelK.png

DyyeS3A.png

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So I spent 50 of the pulls I've saved for Zhu Yuan's banner and ofc I haven't gotten her. Still need like 20 something more till I'll get to her 50/50.
Dang, dude, that's brutal:messenger_pensive:

dog-hug.gif

Anomaly is like stun is not a strenght or weakness. Anomaly characters build up the element anomaly much faster which is great to trigger disorder that deals alot of damage.
Huh, I knew about disorder and triggering it a lot during combat, but I didn't know about what anomaly characters are duing and I don't think they explained it well in the game tbh, or maybe I somehow just missed it🤔

Jade Doe is physical element thats what enemies will have weakness or imunity against.
Sounds like a good alternative for Piper, but that little girl can do just fine in combat as well and given that Jane's playstyle is not so impressive... well, I'll wait until I can try her out in combat and then we'll see.

Qingyi is just a better Anby, shes an electro stun
I think she's a MUCH better version of Anby with all those cool af AO attacks and amazing ultimate, she reminds me of Ellen who aslo has great AO attacks⚡
Qingyi will be the next S rank character in the exclusive channel and then they'll launch Jane, so there'll be planty of time to decide if we'll going to search for Jane or not.

Seth is trash.
I mean, I get the puprose of the defence characters since they're generating shields for other agents, but you litterally can't die in the game unless you're going for missions with much higher level than you can handle so... Defense characters are pointless and I hoped that maybe they'll change that in 1.1...

If i have alot of polys by the time Jade drops, i pull on Jane, but looking at the rate im earning polys after the single player content is done, i dont think i can garantee any banner character anytime soon, i have enough for the 50/50 only. I think i better wait for the Myiabi crew to arrive and see what they do.
Are you going for 100% F2P? I've monthly sub as well as paind Battle Pass (already maxed out so I hope they'll extend it in 1.1 along with other maxed out things), before Zhu was launched I had like 12K polys, now I've 8K and I think I can manage to get 2K+ more before 1.1 will be released.

I'll update OP soon with all essential 1.1 info:messenger_peace:

Aenima

Are you going for 100% F2P? I've monthly sub as well as paind Battle Pass (already maxed out so I hope they'll extend it in 1.1 along with other maxed out things), before Zhu was launched I had like 12K polys, now I've 8K and I think I can manage to get 2K+ more before 1.1 will be released.

I'll update OP soon with all essential 1.1 info:messenger_peace:
Yes im 100% F2P i would never spend money on a hoyoverse game, they are too stingy. The premium battle pass route dont even give enough for 10 pulls, its a freaking joke.
I like to have enough for the 100% pull so in worse case scenario i know i still get the character. Right now i have 14k polys but once you finish the main quest and side quests the polys income become very slow. The 1.1 new content should add some more. Will see. I like Jane design alot but shes not an essential character cuz Piper does the same job. And some of the Myiabi crew members are also very interesting, gotta wait and see they elements and roles.

Doods and lolis are auto skip banners for me.

Last edited:
I'm full F2P also because of hoyo stinginess. I love their games and like the company but 50/50 + stinginess is a no-go for me.

I'm skipping next banner too. I like Jane Doe but I need ether and fire elements. My criteria for pulling is the non-exclusive A characters (the most likely to get). Had I had pulled for the current one, right now I'd be sitting with no movies and 3-4 Ben copies.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll update OP soon with all essential 1.1 info
Done:messenger_sunglasses:

Yes im 100% F2P i would never spend money on a hoyoverse game, they are too stingy.
Well, monthly sub is not a lot of money. But I get it.

The premium battle pass route dont even give enough for 10 pulls, its a freaking joke.
Yep, but there's plenty of other stuff in there which is a very nice bonus (it's a much better value than anything else you can buy in the store). I mean, I bought it once, we'll see if they'll be extending it and what'll be in the next 50 lvls.

Doods and lolis are auto skip banners for me.
I'm not going to waste my polys on doods as well but... who's "lolis"?:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, I'm def going to skip this Qingyi banner; saving all my pulls for Jane Doe.
I'd love to have AO damage cuz frankly Anby is just.... well, she just can't deal with the large groups of enemies even though she can lift multiple enemies in the air for example and trigger chain attack. Qingyi is just a lot better.

And I guess there's one other thing - certain passives can only activate when you have 2 characters from one faction / element in your team and those harder missions in the Hollow clearly show that you must use all the stuff you can get and can't just brute force everything. And since I have Zhu and don't care about Seth, I'm going to search for Qingyi:messenger_relieved:

I'm skipping next banner too. I like Jane Doe but I need ether and fire elements. My criteria for pulling is the non-exclusive A characters (the most likely to get). Had I had pulled for the current one, right now I'd be sitting with no movies and 3-4 Ben copies.
I still don't have Soldier 11 and she's the only Fire Attack character in the game and I need her for my fire team which is currently not ready and I can't do harder missions cuz of this. Who knows how long (and if it'll even happen) it'll take before they'll UP drop rates for her so I might search for her as well, depending on my luck with Qingyi.

It's just a very bad system they made when it comes to locking certain missions behind elements and teams, cuz people might get stuck with no option to go further since they don't have a very hard to get S rank character which is the only one in the game you need for your team, like Soldier 11 in my case.

Last edited:
It's just a very bad system they made when it comes to locking certain missions behind elements and teams, cuz people might get stuck with no option to go further since they don't have a very hard to get S rank character which is the only one in the game you need for your team, like Soldier 11 in my case.

My only S are Ellen and Nekomata. My fire characters: Ben, Lucy Ether: Nicole.

It's almost impossible to beat a hard level for these two elements. Unless there are 2 good A characters in the banner, I don't pull.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
My only S are Ellen and Nekomata. My fire characters: Ben, Lucy Ether: Nicole.

It's almost impossible to beat a hard level for these two elements. Unless there are 2 good A characters in the banner, I don't pull.
I've Ellen, Zhu and Koleda.

The problem with Koleda is that she's a stun character and can't do much damage, Lucy is the support character, Ben is defence so I don't care about him at all cuz he's also way too slow.

Here's the thing, you only need two Fire (Ice, Ether whatever) characters to beat the harder missions, but you simply can't do that at all unless you've an attack character of the same elemental type which can do a lot of damage and only Soldier 11 meets that criteria.

I've tried to do that with other damage dealers with elements to which the second boss don't have immunity for... AND IT TAKES FOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEER TO KILL HIM even with level 50 characters and W-Engines. They're seriously fucked it up, there's no other way of saying it.

There must be more A rank characters in the game to let us go through missions if we don't have S rank ones and as of right now, there's very low amount of A rank characters you can search for and they're upping the drop rates of the ones you already have, don't have new ones except Seth and he can fuck right off.

Last edited:

Aenima

With my Ellen team (Ellen - Anby - Soukaku) i managed to get S rank in every single mission, including the sory hard mode ones. No matter the element.

So far only the final boss in the NEST in Hollow Zero, and the double team stages in Shiyu defense are hard for me. And Shiyu defense is mostly because i still didnt starting building a second team. My Ellen is pretty much finished but Anby and Soukaku are still being built, need to farm disks for them.

With my Ellen team (Ellen - Anby - Soukaku) i managed to get S rank in every single mission, including the sory hard mode ones. No matter the element.

So far only the final boss in the NEST in Hollow Zero, and the double team stages in Shiyu defense are hard for me. And Shiyu defense is mostly because i still didnt starting building a second team. My Ellen is pretty much finished but Anby and Soukaku are still being built, need to farm disks for them.

This is my fav team, too. But I have them Anby - Sou - Ellen.

Neon Xenon

That said, I did manage to C6 Nicole and C4 Lucy, so I'm pretty okay with that. :messenger_smirking:

k1onelK.png

DyyeS3A.png
Well, feel better knowing that at least you might not take 90 rolls (pity did not work out in my favor) and then another 90 to pull Zhu Yuan like I did.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Well, feel better knowing that at least you might not take 90 rolls (pity did not work out in my favor) and then another 90 to pull Zhu Yuan like I did.
I feel you, buddy. Took me around 160-170 to pull Ellen from her limited banner (got nekomata at the 50/50). If I don't get Zhu at the 50/50 then that's it for this banner. Gonna save the guarantee (hard pity) for Jane Doe.

Neon Xenon

I feel you, buddy. Took me around 160-170 to pull Ellen from her limited banner (got nekomata at the 50/50). If I don't get Zhu at the 50/50 then that's it for this banner. Gonna save the guarantee (hard pity) for Jane Doe.
How does the hard pity work again, and how does that relate to the 50/50? I think I might be getting these terms mixed up.

Last edited:
How does the hard pity work again, and how does that relate to the 50/50? I think I might be getting these terms mixed up.
Channels don't interact that way, stable channel is separate from the limited channel.
So you got ellen (limited), at a 50% chance so the odds don't change, then you got koleda (not limited) at a 50% chance, now the odds change and the next one will be 100% the limited character, and then it will go back to 50%.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

The soft pity which is also the 50/50 happens at 90 pulls but usually you trigger it before you reach that number (starting with the 70 pull the odds are increasing with each consecutive roll until you get an S rank agent drop).

If you fail your 50/50 and get a different S-rank agent than the one on the limited banner, then you'll start moving towards the hard pity, which will guarantee you the S-rank banner character once you reach it. The hard pity is at 180 pulls (90 + 90), but just like with the soft pity, you'll probably get it before actually reaching 180 pulls in the banner. That's why I mentioned that I got Ellen after 160 pulls in her banner.

I'm specifically talking about the limited banner here and not the permanent one, btw.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Anyway, even with my god awful luck in the limited banner, I still have 4 S rank agents in my team: Ellen, Grace, Koleda and Nekomata.

And as of half an hour ago I've finished the builds for Ellen, Grace and Sukaku (have them at lvl 50, with lvl 50 w-engines and all their disc drives to 15; 4 of their core talents unlocked and all their skills up to at least lvl 8). This coming week I'll be focusing on finishing Koleda's build (still have her at lvl 40 with shit disc drives and a lvl 30 w engine lol).

That premium pass came in clutch with some of those materials needed for lvl-ing up, etc.

Last edited:
Goddamit, I'm officially the unluckiest one in the thread.

And how the hell do you get to 180 pulls being F2P ??? I'm sitting at 100 or so, and already in chapter 3.

At least I take revenge on the lucky bastards in the arcade machine.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I want the cat girl.
So far I've got Ellen twice, Koleda, and Soldier 11. I really like Piper for the big numbers though lol. Currently knot level 42 :messenger_weary: Is there any more story (already a lot so far) or am I done?
Nekomata is pretty cool; I like her play style a lot, but I've sidelined her ever since I've gotten Ellen and then Grace, too. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I think I'm knot lvl 44 myself and just finished all the main story content + all the exploration side quests other than that hidden mission which Aenima Aenima mentioned earlier this week in this OT. Apparently it's quite lengthy and you can mess it up so I think I'm going to use a guide whenever I'm in the mood to do it. Oh and I have 2 more agent stories to do (Lycaon and Rina) and a bunch of agent trust events. So yeah, I'm almost done with all the story related content.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

And how the hell do you get to 180 pulls being F2P ??? I'm sitting at 100 or so, and already in chapter 3.

I'm actually at 210 pulls in limited banners (160 for Ellen's and 50 for Zhu's so far). Plus already saved 10 more and need 15-20 more to try her 50/50 (depending on my RNG). XD

But tbf, I bought that inter-knot membership and also the battle pass. So I spent around £15 - £20 I think? 🤔

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

The soft pity which is also the 50/50 happens at 90 pulls but usually you trigger it before you reach that number (starting with the 70 pull the odds are increasing with each consecutive roll until you get an S rank agent drop).

If you fail your 50/50 and get a different S-rank agent than the one on the limited banner, then you'll start moving towards the hard pity, which will guarantee you the S-rank banner character once you reach it. The hard pity is at 180 pulls (90 + 90), but just like with the soft pity, you'll probably get it before actually reaching 180 pulls in the banner. That's why I mentioned that I got Ellen after 160 pulls in her banner.

I'm specifically talking about the limited banner here and not the permanent one, btw.
Right, I get it now. Luck really wasn't with me that night.

The gacha is discouraging, but I do still mostly like ZZZ. Mostly. While it might not be worth attempting to pull a Zhu Yuan copy, I'm deciding on whether I would want to make enough pulls to where I have 10 left to apply the 50/50 to Jane Doe.

I'm actually at 210 pulls in limited banners (160 for Ellen's and 50 for Zhu's so far). Plus already saved 10 more and need 15-20 more to try her 50/50 (depending on my RNG). XD

But tbf, I bought that inter-knot membership and also the battle pass. So I spent around £15 - £20 I think? 🤔

Ok, that explains it. I was about to go on a rampage and throw stuff out the window.

Nekomata is very good when released after Piper.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
That's where I'm at right now, the last few stages with double teams. I don't have Fire Attack characters so I can't S rank the second fight of the 9th level, that's fucked up. Maybe.... somehow I can overlevel the damn thing and beat it later if I won't get Soldier 11, which means they're deliberately locking and timegating people out of new content cuz of their BS design decisions of locking missions to specific S rank teams with no way for people to go through them cuz there's no A rank characters in the game as an alternative.

What is AO damage? Adult Only damage? 🤔
:messenger_tears_of_joy:I forgot to add E at the end. It's AOE:messenger_grinning_squinting:

I've seen someone on reddit who calculated how many tapes you can get if you're 100% F2P and it's 430+ or so, but that's only if you 100% the game - achievements, battle passes etc. I don't remember how many exclusive tapes I used in the exclusive channel, but in the stable one it's 150+ right now and maybe around the same in the exclusive one(?), but there's no calculator there so I can't say for sure.

The gacha is discouraging, but I do still mostly like ZZZ. Mostly. While it might not be worth attempting to pull a Zhu Yuan copy, I'm deciding on whether I would want to make enough pulls to where I have 10 left to apply the 50/50 to Jane Doe.
Forget about dupes (maybe even W-Engines as well) for S rank characters if you're 100% F2P, it'll take you forever and a shit ton of money to max S rank character passives that way even and if you're 100% F2P... forget it.

Even though I subbed for a month (it is the best, most cheap and cost effective way to get more polys, but it's also time consuming as you need to wait) and will continue to do that until it doesn't make sense and I got the battle pass maxed out, there's no way in hell I'll be wasting my polys on S rank dupes and S rank W-Engines, just the fact that I have the new character is more than enough for me. Maybe I'll consider to get Zhu's engine if I've some polys to spare, but even then I'll think about it 10 times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom