• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
They really should take a break on us and not have leveling be so goddamn slow and expensive.
This makes me wonder btw if we'll even get something substantial this year in terms of story content, cuz after IK lvl 50 there's insane EXP requirements and I can't explain it in any other way since they're also not making EXP rewards any better - it's always + - the same 200-300 EXP for most of the stuff.

Btw, have any of you guys managed to find all the HIA coins in all of the locations? Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives , Aenima Aenima , R Reizo Ryuu ? I only found all of them at the construction site and had to look for the guide to check if I missed something and even then the coins and NPCs are just not spawning even if all the requirements are met.

Last edited:

Pejo

This makes me wonder btw if we'll even get something substantial this year in terms of story content, cuz after IK lvl 50 there's insane EXP requirements and I can't explain it in any other way since they're also not making EXP rewards any better - it's always + - the same 200-300 EPX for most of the stuff.
If it's like Genshin, you will naturally have a surplus at some point unless you roll and build every new character, but it definitely feels worse than Genshin/Star Rail in early/mid game. Both of those games let you uncap and level up relatively cheaply, but the long grind are for maxing out skills/talents. EVERYTHING in this game is a slow grind.
Btw, have any of you guys managed to find all the HIA coins in all of the locations? Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives , Aenima Aenima , R Reizo Ryuu ? I only found all of them at the construction site and had to look for the guide to check if I missed something and even then the coins and NPCs are just not spawning.
I'm missing a few from Lumina Square and Ballet Twins, have all other bangboo missions/city quests done in all areas. I'm not in a hurry really because you gotta comb each location in each time of day to find the events. Not always, but sometimes events will only happen in morning or midnight or whatever. I'm sure I could just use a guide but the rewards aren't anything special so it's low priority for me.

My current pain in the ass is trying to adopt the damn cat. I always seem to pick the wrong option between feed/pet him and my trust goes down.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If it's like Genshin, you will naturally have a surplus at some point unless you roll and build every new character, but it definitely feels worse than Genshin/Star Rail in early/mid game. Both of those games let you uncap and level up relatively cheaply, but the long grind are for maxing out skills/talents. EVERYTHING in this game is a slow grind.
Well, the game is designed more like a Persona game with very slow build up, story progression, introduction of new mechanics, characters etc. etc. So unless you haven't played Persona game before, ZZZ can be a tough pill to swallow.

I'm missing a few from Lumina Square and Ballet Twins, have all other bangboo missions/city quests done in all areas. I'm not in a hurry really because you gotta comb each location in each time of day to find the events. Not always, but sometimes events will only happen in morning or midnight or whatever. I'm sure I could just use a guide but the rewards aren't anything special so it's low priority for me.
I literally gone through each location at each time of day, gone to HIA and back out to the city to reload the whole area just in case, checked everything in the guide but nothing works. I've found most coins but missing 1 in two locations and 4 from Ballet Twins. They fucked it up, I hate design like this.

My current pain in the ass is trying to adopt the damn cat. I always seem to pick the wrong option between feed/pet him and my trust goes down.
Yeah, you just can't tell what he wants and it's always a guessing game.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven I haven't really focused on finding the HIA coins until now, so I'm missing like 15% - 20% of them from each zone.
Oh, okay:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Here's my progress so far:

rYB3kfO.jpeg

vejiD3h.jpeg

Aenima

Oh, okay:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Here's my progress so far:

rYB3kfO.jpeg

vejiD3h.jpeg
I got all the coins needed to complete all the Mewmew pages. I found them all by myself in Sixth Street and the construction site. In Lumina square i found out that sometimes talking to the trash can you can ask for a hint where to look for the next coin and the trash can will tell you where to look.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I got all the coins needed to complete all the Mewmew pages. I found them all by myself in Sixth Street and the construction site. In Lumina square i found out that sometimes talking to the trash can you can ask for a hint where to look for the next coin and the trash can will tell you where to look.
Daaaaaaamn, I never would've thought that you can ask the trash can for hints:messenger_tears_of_joy:

The thing is, I know exactly all the places now (most of them are not neded since I got lik 90-95% of the coins), but characters not spawning at the right time of day or the coins not spawning. It is also not related to any quest since I already completed them all. So strange. I'll try to ask the can then, heh, it looks like it's the only option.

Last edited:
Well again, first of all, use VR training and check all the characters there. I already said that you should avoid Ben and Piper, probably also Anton and Corin. You can check various videos with character tiers and all that if you don't want to figure it out by yourself, there's plenty of them on YT.

You can also get characters via Stable channel, but again, unless you really want to unlock the Character Select feature, only search in the Stable channel with free regular tapes you can get in the game, don't spend polys on them. You can only get S rank 1.0 characters and W-Engines in the Stable channel along with S rank W-Engines, you won't be getting Exclusive characters and Exclusive W-Engines in the Stable channel. You can only get new (as in brand new S rank characters like Qingyi, Zhu, Jane etc.) in the Exclusive channel and nowhere else, same goes for the Exclusive W-Engine channel but I already told you to avoid it completely.

And you don't need (but more like you must not, unless you've plenty of free money to spend on whatever here and there) to spend your real money, you can get everything there is in the game by just playing it.
Got Ben and koleda from stable pulls , yes ur right Ben sucks
For story and my regular progression who should be my 3rd chsrecter with soldier 11 and koleda?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
For story and my regular progression who should be my 3rd chsrecter with soldier 11 and koleda?
Lucy, if luck will be on your side. She'll be relevant even after Burnice and Caesar are going to be added to the game cuz she's a Fire Support character. You can start lvl up Lucy, upgrade her skill and such if you get her.

Last edited:
L
Lucy, if luck will be on your side. She'll be relevant even after Burnice and Caesar are going to be added to the game cuz she's a Fire Support character. You can start lvl up Lucy, upgrade her skill and such if you get her.
Lucy is not in 1.0 stable yes ? Don't think I'll be lucky enough to get Lucy lets see where we go from here will focus on story right now.
So the main jist of this game is u can't apply multiple debuffs yes ? Like fire and lightning together ?
So the only optimal way is to create teams with same debuff ?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Lucy is not in 1.0 stable yes?
You can get her in Stable and Exclusive channels, but give that they busted other characters. Just wait, after Jane there'll be Burnice and Caesar, they'll bust Lucy and you'll get her pretty easily via Exclusive channel.

So the main jist of this game is u can't apply multiple debuffs yes ? Like fire and lightning together ?
You can, it's callled Disorder.

So the only optimal way is to create teams with same debuff ?
Yes and no, other character can also be paried together without the need of the same Damage type.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, I already have all skill upgrade materials to max Seth and Jane and the only thing that's left is to get all the materials for the passive skills - you can only get 3 once a week (FY miHoYo!). Discs wise is not so positive but I have some nice temporary ones which'll do until I get something better. Anyway, I'm pretty much ready for Jane and Seth and to destroy all this BS endgame content.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Haven't been playing all that much lately other than doing the daily tasks, battery burn, and progressing the event stuff which altogether takes like 30 - 40 min per day and I'm already lvl 34 on the pass. And yeah during the weekend I put maybe 3h in total to do all the weekly stuff. But even so, I feel like progressing this new battle pass is much faster than the first one. 😳

P1knh02.png

Aenima

Haven't been playing all that much lately other than doing the daily tasks, battery burn, and progressing the event stuff which altogether takes like 30 - 40 min per day and I'm already lvl 34 on the pass. And yeah during the weekend I put maybe 3h in total to do all the weekly stuff. But even so, I feel like progressing this new battle pass is much faster than the first one. 😳

P1knh02.png
This battle pass had alot of objectives tied to the events that give alot of battle pass points. The problem is the battle pass points you can get is limited to 10k per weak so before the weak ends i already reached 10k and then thers a few days where my daily battle pass objectives just dont do anything. :p

Last edited:

Aenima

I'm sort of amazef how much content there is as a f2p player without any paywall
I hate greedy gacha games but this seems quite reasonable at least till chapter 2 where I am right now
Hoyoverse gacha systems are as greedy as you can find (pitty system is not bad but the drop rates are disgusting low). But the single player content (Story / side quests, etc) is super F2P friendly to the point you can finish the story without even using the gacha system. For example i had a very strong team already but decided to use the team the game gave me in the last mission of chapter 3, and completed the mission without any issue.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
For example i had a very strong team already but decided to use the team the game gave me in the last mission of chapter 3, and completed the mission without any issue.
That's because even if you haven't lvld up characters, they lvl them up for story missions so that you can complete them. I'm talking about trial mode characters of course.

P1knh02.png

I’m in the exact same boat. Just doing dailies and getting in and out quick. Call this putting a game in “standby mode” lol until new content drops, this is it. Nice to be in and out in like 10 mins though

Thick Thighs Save Lives

This battle pass had alot of objectives tied to the events that give alot of battle pass points. The problem is the battle pass points you can get is limited to 10k per weak so before the weak ends i already reached 10k and then thers a few days where my daily battle pass objectives just dont do anything. :p
Now that you mention this, it does make sense I'm progressing the BP faster since I've completed all the event stuff that they've added so far in patch 1.1 Oh and if I remember correctly the points you get from completing the seasonal tasks don't count towards the weekly XP limit for the BP which helps a good deal with leveling up the BP. I like this change tbf since right now I only focus on doing dailies, battery burn and the event stuff.
I’m in the exact same boat. Just doing dailies and getting in and out quick. Call this putting a game in “standby mode” lol until new content drops, this is it. Nice to be in and out in like 10 mins though
Yep, log in, do all the daily/event stuff and log out. I like it since that means I can put more time into (re)playing 13 Sentinels, lol.

Hoyoverse gacha systems are as greedy as you can find (pitty system is not bad but the drop rates are disgusting low). But the single player content (Story / side quests, etc) is super F2P friendly to the point you can finish the story without even using the gacha system. For example i had a very strong team already but decided to use the team the game gave me in the last mission of chapter 3, and completed the mission without any issue.
I mean for min max builds i can understand them being greedy and that's fair right ?
As long as all the story and a solid in my opinion 7 /10 story 0 hinderance of progress with no paywalls is really good in my opinion.
Also if there is no pvp and ur whale advantage doesn't fuck me as a f2p player it's all good in my opinion

Aenima

I mean for min max builds i can understand them being greedy and that's fair right ?
As long as all the story and a solid in my opinion 7 /10 story 0 hinderance of progress with no paywalls is really good in my opinion.
Also if there is no pvp and ur whale advantage doesn't fuck me as a f2p player it's all good in my opinion
Not only for min maxing. You need to whale in any gacha for min maxing. But just to be able to get all characters. With drop rates so low and not many resorces to pull, you will end having to start choosing what character to skip and what characters to pull. And in that regard are much better gacha games out there where you can literally pull and get every character. Which to me in an essential part of the fun cuz it gives you alot of option for team building.

Outside of that yes, the game is very F2P friendly. In the way they made it fair for F2P player to be able to clean most of the content and even a good amount of the endgame content that is more challenging.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
the endgame content that is more challenging.
I wouldn't call it a challenge, it's just you with the same amount of HP, DEF etc. against bosses with enormous HP bars, gigantic damage, terrible mech and brute bosses and enemies, BS modifiers, timers and other nonsense which is only an illusion of challenge and not an actual challenge. And what's even more BS, all of this tied to specific builds, teams and characters you don't even have yet and which are almost impossible to get due to RNG and like you said, terrible drop rates.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

Looks like Electro-Lip Gloss will be a nice A rank W-Engine alternative for Jane, now I just need to lvl it up.

336e1dec31d4240f95655aff94d3730f_3065410309352357180.png

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I've managed to clear all critical nodes in Shiyu Defense, but man the first boss on the last node is really fucking annoying (I always hate the fights involving that teleporting asshole) so that's why I only managed an A rank. Still, I'm content with the result.

WvmzByu.png

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Um, I guess it could've been a lot worse than "Papers, please":messenger_expressionless:, although there's 4 more things yet to unlock and... well, like to say here in Russia - Еще не вечер, meaning that it can get worse:messenger_beaming:

iEBJoNp.jpeg

Yl86KUH.jpeg

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Here's the JP version (with EN subs) of the Jane Doe PV which was posted earlier in the thread. Got me even more hyped for Gyattatouille (have around 130 pulls saved for her :messenger_grinning_sweat:).

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

There's no way you can't get her with so many tapes. I've 75 for now and might not get so lucky this time around:messenger_relieved:
I wouldn’t be so sure since it took me 150 - 160 tapes to pull Ellen, as I lost the 50/50 to Nekomata. So I basically need 30 more tapes to guarantee Jane Doe in case I lose my 50/50.

Last edited:
Can you even play the game with mods without getting banned?:pie_thinking:

I believe its totally safe, people are using mods since the game released and nobody got banned yet but even if there is any risk i'm willing to take it just to see grace's sexy boobs and thighs everytime i play haha

I wouldn’t be so sure since it took me 150 - 160 tapes to pull Ellen, as I lost the 50/50 to Nekomata. So I basically need 30 more tapes to guarantee Jane Doe in case I lose my 50/50.

160 tapes to pull one limited character :messenger_grimmacing_ thank god i only pull for a character if i like the design and personality of that character and luckily up until now the only two characters i like are grace and jane so i think i'm ok for now, i wish the devs release more limited male characters so i could skip them and collect more tapes :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Aenima

, i wish the devs release more limited male characters so i could skip them and collect more tapes :messenger_grinning_squinting:
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

"Unfortunatly" they dont seem to be slowing down with the waifu banners as Burnice and Caeser are already lined up to come next.
Right now have 165 pulls saved for Jane lets hope the game dont screw me up.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

160 tapes to pull one limited character :messenger_grimmacing_ thank god i only pull for a character if i like the design and personality of that character and luckily up until now the only two characters i like are grace and jane so i think i'm ok for now, i wish the devs release more limited male characters so i could skip them and collect more tapes :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Yeah, it's annoying, and you’re absolutely right. HoYo should throw in some husbando banners if they really care about their female audience, so us waifu aficionados can actually save a few tapes for once, lol

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Stupid and silly jokes aside though, these two are going to be the easiest insta skips for me. Like, I just can't even express just how much I don't care about these two(n):messenger_unamused:

cXLYgxT.jpeg

What an absolutely generic looking characters, one of which is a milf school teacher-like character and the second one.... Ugh. Here's what I think they'll do next. They'll release these two after the biker team, Milf will be the first banner and then they'll release Miyabi with this generic dude everyone will get (he'll 1000% be an A rank agent) just like they did with Seth, except Seth is much better so I don't even mind. So, that'll be at least 80-85+ extra tapes saved for Miyabi in my case.

Cao Cao

Is the Switch in on L1/R1 random? I am so annoyed by this. Sometimes Nicole comes in and sometimes Billy.
Same with Chain Attacks, sometimes Billy is on L1 and sometimes Nichole I hate that <.<

Pejo

Is the Switch in on L1/R1 random? I am so annoyed by this. Sometimes Nicole comes in and sometimes Billy.
Same with Chain Attacks, sometimes Billy is on L1 and sometimes Nichole I hate that <.<
Bro this annoys the shit out of me too. I wish it was static and then the one you swap in trades places with that 'side'. Or even if it worked as a round robin, so if I hit L1, then R1, it swaps back to the one I just swapped out. Two L1's would switch to the 3rd character. Sometimes it DOES work like that, but not 100%. I can't ever figure out a pattern for 100% certainty. They could also put little icons on the bottom left/right of the screen to let you know which button swaps which character.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Even though random agent switching is annoying af, the worst aspect of the combat is actually forced lock-on feature which you can't turn off at all. Like, why the fuck would you even make a force lock-on in an action game and make characters teleport to nearest enemy even if you just want to destroy a crate 20m away from the enemy and even turned the camera away? In what universe is this a good combat design? Not to mention it's always getting in your way during boss fights and wasting precious seconds if timers are active.

I've had soldier 11 as my first s character and also got koleda
Do I really need Lucy for the 3rd spot ? And how can i get her I've saved like 90 banner pulls
Also I have Ben but my god Ben suck at least in my opinion

Top Bottom