• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

ap_puff

Wow good for u dude
I mean if u can go for it but in my opinion only main dps w engines should be pulled for
Caesar's engine is really good though, and it can be used on any defense agent in the future because of how easy its trigger conditions are.

Caesar's engine is really good though, and it can be used on any defense agent in the future because of how easy its trigger conditions are.
Im lvl 49 ATM but do we really need defensive agents till now I can solo whatever content there is with Jane and an okayish build Seth
I tried going for Jane w engines but I thought since I can't 5 star it I might aswell get her lipgloss and 5 star that and make her a monster.
I mean sure if u have money pull her w engines but If ur a f2p or battlepass player like me I think main dps should get w engine priorities and rest get f2p stuff

ap_puff

Im lvl 49 ATM but do we really need defensive agents till now I can solo whatever content there is with Jane and an okayish build Seth
I tried going for Jane w engines but I thought since I can't 5 star it I might aswell get her lipgloss and 5 star that and make her a monster.
I mean sure if u have money pull her w engines but If ur a f2p or battlepass player like me I think main dps should get w engine priorities and rest get f2p stuff
need? no, you can run with 3 dps if you want. rina, a support, has the highest damage% on an ultimate in the game so far. so far in the game imo the weakest class are stun agents which need some extra support functions (like qingyi or lycaon) to put them into top tier. i'm just simply responding to the idea that you should "only ever pull w-engines for dps characters". If you never want to play a defense agent then caesar's engine is going to be absolutely worthless.

Pejo

Which 4* engine are you guys giving Caesar? I gave her the one with the rabbit ass, but I have enough mats to craft any of the craftable ones. I also buy the BP so I can get the Defense one of those if it's worth it.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Which 4* engine are you guys giving Caesar? I gave her the one with the rabbit ass, but I have enough mats to craft any of the craftable ones. I also buy the BP so I can get the Defense one of those if it's worth it.
Anbys stun engine.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Anime katana girl who has a badass cutscene where she single-handedly takes on a huge monster…. And people wonder why everyone is hyped for her?! lol

Edit
Pulling for Caesar 70 pulls
1 Seth
6 Anton
1 Anby
1 Sokaku
1 Piper
1 Corin

Lost 50/50 to Grace (now M1) 💔

Edit
Took another 50 to get Caesar… I’m very low on resources now… hopefully I don’t lose the 50/50 when Burnice drops… 🥺
Yeah, i wanted to say exactly this. She already had a couple of badass scenes in the game, plus her character design is on point so ofc people are hyped for her. XD

Pejo

I'm poor, that's all I had left. I think I saw somewhere that the enigine is not so bad for her.
Well don't forget you can craft A Rank W-Engines at the shop in 6th street with mats you get from weekly bosses/other sources.

Big CylinderBig CylinderBig CylinderA RankDefenseDefense42DEF 16.00%Ten Ton Top

Reduces DMG taken by 7.5%. After being attacked, the next attack to hit an enemy will trigger a critical hit and deal 600% of the equipper's DEF as additional DMG. This effect can be triggered once every 7.5s.
Bunny BandBunny BandBunny BandA RankDefenseDefense40DEF 16.00%Pet the Bunny

Increases Max HP by 8%. Increases the equipper's ATK by 10% when they are shielded.
Original TransmorpherOriginal TransmorpherOriginal TransmorpherA RankDefenseDefense40HP 10.00%Starlight Knight Flying Kick

Increases Max HP by 8%. When attacked, the equipper's Impact is increased by 10% for 12s.
Peacekeeper - SpecializedPeacekeeper - SpecializedPeacekeeper - SpecializedA RankDefenseDefense42ATK 10.00%Standard Blocking Technique

While Shielded, the equipper's Energy Regen increases by 0.4/s. The Anomaly Buildup of EX Special Attacks and Assist Follow-Ups increases by 36%.
Spring EmbraceSpring EmbraceSpring EmbraceA RankDefenseDefense40ATK 10.00%Hot Spring Soup

Reduces DMG taken by 7.5%. When attacked, the equipper's Energy Generation Rate increases by 10% for 12s. When the equipper switches off-field, this buff will be transferred to the new on-field character with its duration refreshed. Passive effects of the same name do not stack.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Well don't forget you can craft A Rank W-Engines at the shop in 6th street with mats you get from weekly bosses/other sources.

Reduces DMG taken by 7.5%. After being attacked, the next attack to hit an enemy will trigger a critical hit and deal 600% of the equipper's DEF as additional DMG. This effect can be triggered once every 7.5s.

Increases Max HP by 8%. Increases the equipper's ATK by 10% when they are shielded.
Original TransmorpherOriginal TransmorpherOriginal TransmorpherA RankDefenseDefense40HP 10.00%Starlight Knight Flying Kick

Increases Max HP by 8%. When attacked, the equipper's Impact is increased by 10% for 12s.
Peacekeeper - SpecializedPeacekeeper - SpecializedPeacekeeper - SpecializedA RankDefenseDefense42ATK 10.00%Standard Blocking Technique

While Shielded, the equipper's Energy Regen increases by 0.4/s. The Anomaly Buildup of EX Special Attacks and Assist Follow-Ups increases by 36%.
Spring EmbraceSpring EmbraceSpring EmbraceA RankDefenseDefense40ATK 10.00%Hot Spring Soup

Reduces DMG taken by 7.5%. When attacked, the equipper's Energy Generation Rate increases by 10% for 12s. When the equipper switches off-field, this buff will be transferred to the new on-field character with its duration refreshed. Passive effects of the same name do not stack.
I have no resources left.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
AwLwKs6.jpeg

bsHAOzh.gif

Welcome home my dear, dear, DEAR Alexandrina!:messenger_blowing_kiss::messenger_smiling_hearts:

yM97CkM.jpeg

dWpernI.jpeg

anime-sailor-moon.gif

Never was I so happy to lose an S rank Agent on the exclusive channel (I guess it was 50/50 cuz otherwise I would've got Caesar instead), plus I have her S rank W-Engine!:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Downloaded the game on my phone just to keep things in check while I'm at work and accidentally wasted 4 tapes on W-Engine channel FFS!:messenger_face_screaming::messenger_loudly_crying: I hate myself:messenger_pouting:

ap_puff

Caesar's kit scales with impact, you want an impact engine + slot 6 impact + shockstar disco at least 2p, since her shield can actually break fairly easily. That means the existing f2p defense engines aren't that great for her

Blitz mode is indeed just elysian realm, but I'm here for it, the new steel resonia acts the same as the kalpas signets where you can get super strong with hp loss, probably not the greatest set of resonia for inferno reap though.
It's cool that the shadow fight is now in expert challenge, but I feel it should be much harder than it is here, in the story it was a really cool, almost DMC level boss fight.
The traffic on lumina street is now dynamic, that's a pretty cool little detail.
only three of those though, the bottom two are premium, and since caesar scales with impact, a w-engine with % impact will be much more beneficial than any of those three for her.

Aenima

only three of those though, the bottom two are premium, and since caesar scales with impact, a w-engine with % impact will be much more beneficial than any of those three for her.
From the defender engines, the Original Transmorpher seems to be the best F2P choice for Caeser as it also increases Impact when the engine skill triggers, unfortunatly it dosent add base impact so dont boost her shield potency. Most engines for stunners are good for her as well as most of them increase the Impact base stat. Her Signature shield is ofc the best choice for her.

Last edited:
The W-Engine Original Transmorpher seems to be the best F2P choice for Caeser as it also increases Impact when the engine skill triggers, unfortunatly it dosent add base impact so dont booost her shield potency. Her Signature shield is ofc the best choice for her.
I don't think it's better than an impact w-engine tbh, with anby's you'll get more attack with slightly lower impact, but it's up 100% of the time, with koleda's and lycoan's you'll get higher attack and higher impact without any restrictions, and both of those are available in the signal shop.

Aenima

I don't think it's better than an impact w-engine tbh, with anby's you'll get more attack with slightly lower impact, but it's up 100% of the time, with koleda's and lycoan's you'll get higher attack and higher impact without any restrictions, and both of those are available in the signal shop.
Yes, your right, the engines for stunners are better choices. Edited my post to mention that between the defender shields The Original Transmorpher seems to be the better pick for the daze buff, but as i mentioned the buff dosent increase her shield potency like the engines that add impact to the base stat do.

Last edited:

I’m having issues with this as well. I have her on transmorpher for now, but I’m waiting to level it up. Just not sure what to give her. Nothing seems all that great except her sig.

Man playing her in trial was super fun, her counter is very satisfying to land, and the grouping is a nice touch too. I actually didn’t even know of all the buffs she gives lol 😂
Did like no research before pulling her hahahaahah

I’m really liking Burnice’s lack of girl shorts, what a refreshing design after playing Genshin for so long, where everyone and their dog wears shorts lol Butt curves ftw.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I like the inclusion of the engine records suggestions based off other player builds; it makes it a bit smoother on new characters, having an idea what’s effective, rather than flipping through records and trying to find things that line up with their core skills yourself. And it gives three suggestions so it’s not just vanilla build one and done….granted a few are the same records with 4/2 split or a 2/4 split almost tied in player stats.

Last edited:
Said fuck it and exchanged 700+ residual signals for 30 odd tapes in the store and got Caesar’s Wengine hahahaahah, took somewhere around 50 pulls, started doing individual pulls after 40, so I lost exact count.

That’s said, I’m more or less broke on Polychrome now, let’s see what I can save before Burnice comes out 😅

SSfox

Wow i just beat Shiryu Defense. I haven't even finished build my Rat, level 57, 4* weapon R1 lvl 50 without last elevation, mid relics, i was just like "Ok let's try her now and see how she feels", and boom...... All Shiry finished lol She's so crax almost felt she was stronger than y fully build Zhu Yan with good disc drives. She feels like 5* Kuki Shinobu version, easy to build and do the insane damage.

Thanks for the tips everyone, also tbh even Nekomata she was just there and most stuff was by Jane, and Xing for Stun. Not regretting getting her, will make my life easy while waiting for Foxgirl.

Last edited:
played a bit with burnice and caesar and they are both more fun to play than I expected, and burnice seems like she's going to be disgustingly strong.
it looks like lighter has a shoryuken though, so every banner will be skipped until I see some more gameplay of him.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I wonder if they ever separate the currency for the engines. The same currency for the limited banner and the weapons is pretty greedy. Does this happen with the other gatchas or is it a typical model for all of them?

ap_puff

I wonder if they ever separate the currency for the engines. The same currency for the limited banner and the weapons is pretty greedy. Does this happen with the other gatchas or is it a typical model for all of them?
This is actually the most generous form of their weapon pulling... Back at genshin launch the weapon banner was 75/25, but there were 2 rate up weapons and there was no guarantee of ever pulling the weapon you wanted. Some whales spent thousands because they got a ton of dupes of the wrong weapon.

Aenima

Its normal for gachas that have character and weapon banners to use the same currency. The problem with hoyoverse gacha is the drop rates being so small. For example the other gacha game i play that also uses weapon banners is Brown Dust II, it has a 3% drop chance in both character and weapon banners, and it gives you a free pull daily in each banners, so there was times i got the character or weapon for free without spending any resorces. In BDII the weapon also dont use copies to increase its power so once you get 1 copy of a weapon your are good.

In Hoyoverse games if you want to max out a character + a weapon is super expensive. I dont even do pulls on weapons in hoyo games cuz its already hard enough to get enough currency for the character banners as F2P.

ap_puff

Never. ZZZ is one of the greediest and stingiest (if not the greediest and stingiest) gacha ever. Don't waste you're polys on W-Engine channel ever, that'll send the message.
While the rates on hoyo games are not good, I still play and buy gacha because they reinvest a lot of that money into producing high quality content. I like the concerts and shit that they do and the fact that they make a ton of outside media, as well as putting in quite a bit of effort in the game itself. Also I appreciate the fact that they don't power creep their characters very often, in a lot of more generous gachas they will make older characters completely obsolete to force you to keep pulling.

Aenima

While the rates on hoyo games are not good, I still play and buy gacha because they reinvest a lot of that money into producing high quality content. I like the concerts and shit that they do and the fact that they make a ton of outside media, as well as putting in quite a bit of effort in the game itself. Also I appreciate the fact that they don't power creep their characters very often, in a lot of more generous gachas they will make older characters completely obsolete to force you to keep pulling.
Nikke has 4% drop rates with no banner weapons and some of the characters that was meta 2 years ago, are still meta today. Meanwhile Quinqyi already powercrept every stun character, and Caeser powercrept every support character. Hoyo games gacha are absolute terrible comparend to most popular gachas available. Not only the drop rates are extremelly low but the time it takes for you to save currency for pulls is also slow, once you are done with the main content.

The good thing about hoyo games are they high production values with good gameplay and making the story very F2P friendly by allowing players to easelly finish the content just by using starter characters or being able to borrow trial characters. But just like i droped Genshin and HSR, once it takes me too much time to get the characters i want or need to skip too many characters becouse thers not enough currency for pulls, i end up losing interest in the game and drop it.
So far im still enjoying ZZZ for the characters and combat, but from all the gachas i play if i had to pick one to drop, it would be ZZZ.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
This is actually the most generous form of their weapon pulling... Back at genshin launch the weapon banner was 75/25, but there were 2 rate up weapons and there was no guarantee of ever pulling the weapon you wanted. Some whales spent thousands because they got a ton of dupes of the wrong weapon.
Its normal for gachas that have character and weapon banners to use the same currency. The problem with hoyoverse gacha is the drop rates being so small. For example the other gacha game i play that also uses weapon banners is Brown Dust II, it has a 3% drop chance in both character and weapon banners, and it gives you a free pull daily in each banners, so there was times i got the character or weapon for free without spending any resorces. In BDII the weapon also dont use copies to increase its power so once you get 1 copy of a weapon your are good.

In Hoyoverse games if you want to max out a character + a weapon is super expensive. I dont even do pulls on weapons in hoyo games cuz its already hard enough to get enough currency for the character banners as F2P.
Never. ZZZ is one of the greediest and stingiest (if not the greediest and stingiest) gacha ever. Don't waste you're polys on W-Engine channel ever, that'll send the message.
I'll ask differently. Are there events where they give out a lot of tapes for free (like 100 or so) or maybe S rank engines?

Last edited:

Aenima

I'll ask differently. Are there events where they give out a lot of tapes for free or maybe S rank engines?
So far no. There was an event were they gave away a unique A rank Engine, and the only events you get tapes from are the ocasional Login Events, where you get a total of 10 tapes for login in for 7 days. The problem in ZZZ with login events is that sometimes they replace the tapes login event with a bangboo login event, so less currency for what matters.
They should also give away much more normal tapes for clearing content (Maybe add normal tapes as rewards for clearing the weeklies from the outpost or something), i feel like in the last 2 months im stuck in the 150 tapes spent in the permanent banner. Im guessing it will take a year to reach the 300 pulls without converting polychromes to normal tapes.

Last edited:

ap_puff

I'll ask differently. Are there events where they give out a lot of tapes for free (like 100 or so) or maybe S rank engines?
No. You'll probably have to wait a few years for them to start giving out s-ranks, genshin just got its first free s-rank for anniversary lol

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Nikke has 4% drop rates with no banner weapons and some of the characters that was meta 2 years ago, are still meta today. Meanwhile Quinqyi already powercrept every stun character, and Caeser powercrept every support character. Hoyo games gacha are absolute terrible comparend to most popular gachas available. Not only the drop rates are extremelly low but the time it takes for you to save currency for pulls is also slow, once you are done with the main content.

The good thing about hoyo games are they high production values with good gameplay and making the story very F2P friendly by allowing players to easelly finish the content just by using starter characters or being able to borrow trial characters. But just like i droped Genshin and HSR, once it takes me too much time to get the characters i want or need to skip too many characters becouse thers not enough currency for pulls, i end up losing interest in the game and drop it.
So far im still enjoying ZZZ for the characters and combat, but from all the gachas i play if i had to pick one to drop, it would be ZZZ.
Yup. The worst thing they can do with re-runs in the future btw is to bundle all the shit together (characters / W-Engines) like they did for Genshin and HSR so that it would take FOREVER to get the character you skipped and they sure as shit will do it again in ZZZ. It'll be basically 2 new channels with a bunch of characters / W-Engines and to make it even worse - without the option to select what you need AND just like with exclusive and W-Engine channels you'll need exclusive tapes. To say it's greedy af BS would be a giant underestimation.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
giphy.gif

Got Caesar in just 3 (!!!!) searches (based on when she appeared during showcase) right after previous 10 when I got Alexandrina ( :messenger_smiling_hearts: ). What the fuck, miHoYo? Are you reading this thread?:messenger_expressionless:

EB9ueLG.jpeg

vRj5tqg.jpeg

rbW6ds4.jpeg

The super strange thing about the whole thing though is that the search history is not updating (I've restarted the game just in case to see if it'll fix it) AND the counter is showing 82 S and 2 A rank signals, but it should reset back to 90 and 10 just like its doing and did before. Also, I used 10 tapes so at least A signals should reset back to 10 and S to 80.... what the hell happened....?:messenger_neutral:

syjYncY.jpeg

OCvg5Ku.jpeg
Also worth noting that they added additional 10 levels to N.E.C.F. batte pass but rewards... UGH! What the hell is this you guys?

WBCQkSD.jpeg
And now compare this to Hollow Zero License battle pass (which is still at lvl 60 and it did not reset):

OocVRFA.jpeg
WTF miHoYo? I mean, seriously. 200K dennies is like nothing in this game and you can get more in just two days and in 2 min tops.

Back to positives again. THIS is a huge, HUGE thing and it'll save you almost weeks of just waiting for S materials from bosses and 240 battery charges as a bonus! AND! You can choose which material you want!:messenger_horns::messenger_open_mouth:

wlu6ofU.jpeg

Go buy it folks!

Last edited:

Doom85

giphy.gif

Got Caesar in just 3 (!!!!) searches (based on when she appeared during showcase) right after previous 10 when I got Alexandrina ( :messenger_smiling_hearts: ). What the fuck, miHoyo? Are you reading this thread?:messenger_expressionless:

EB9ueLG.jpeg

vRj5tqg.jpeg

rbW6ds4.jpeg

The super strange thing about the whole thing though is that the search history is not updating (I've restarted the game just in case to see if it'll fix it) AND the counter is showing 82 S and 2 A rank signals, but it should reset back to 90 and 10 just like its doing and did before. Also, I used 10 tapes so at least A signals should reset back to 10 and S to 80.... what the hell happened....?:messenger_neutral:

syjYncY.jpeg

OCvg5Ku.jpeg
Also worth noting that they added additional 10 levels to N.E.C.F. batte pass but rewards... UGH! What the hell is this you guys?

WBCQkSD.jpeg
And now compare this to Hollow Zero License battle pass (which is still at lvl 60 and it did not reset):

OocVRFA.jpeg
WTF miHoYo? I mean, seriously. 200K dennies is like nothing in this game and you can get more in just two days and in 2 min tops.

Back to positives again. THIS is a huge, HUGE thing and it'll save you almost weeks of just waiting for S materials from bosses and 240 battery charges as a bonus! AND! You can choose which material you want!:messenger_horns::messenger_open_mouth:

wlu6ofU.jpeg

Go buy it folks!

Actually, the battle pass update pushes it closer to Star Rail’s battle pass where its levels 51-60 are basically that except Star Rail’s goes up to level 70.

Honestly, I’m not sure why ZZZ didn’t have it that way from the start. Reaching level 50 in these games is beyond easy as long as you’re doing your dailies, might as well throw in some bonuses.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Actually, the battle pass update pushes it closer to Star Rail’s battle pass where its levels 51-60 are basically that except Star Rail’s goes up to level 70.
I guess they'll to that for ZZZ at some point as well as updating the BS rewards at lvs 51-60 - I mean, c'mon!

Honestly, I’m not sure why ZZZ didn’t have it that way from the start.
It didn't had a lot of things we have now at the start and some folks here told me that it doesn't matter what I or others are saying to them cuz only new and better F2P games will make them change things for the better, but just look at what they did in just 2 months based on what people have said and saying each day on the forums etc. There's no mistaking it, they're listening to us, willing to change and make things better. Speaking of which....

Idk how to feel about the battery recharge thing, I mean, it's good that it's in the game, right? But the way and how it works I don't like at all. Basically, the main battery recharging by 1 point in 5 min, but the new thing recharging 1 point in 18 min which is 3 times as long and it's stupid - it should be 2 times max. One other thing regarding battery - I stopped taking any coffee with buffs to materials gain and using only the one which recharges 80 points since it was added cuz regular coffee buffs are absolute BS - it only works for one card where as during events it's 6 (!!!!), so it's completely pointless to waste a coffee for this regular shit and get only 60 points.

Last edited:

ap_puff

giphy.gif

Got Caesar in just 3 (!!!!) searches (based on when she appeared during showcase) right after previous 10 when I got Alexandrina ( :messenger_smiling_hearts: ). What the fuck, miHoyo? Are you reading this thread?:messenger_expressionless:

EB9ueLG.jpeg

vRj5tqg.jpeg

rbW6ds4.jpeg

syjYncY.jpeg

OCvg5Ku.jpeg

WBCQkSD.jpeg

OocVRFA.jpeg

wlu6ofU.jpeg

Go buy it folks!
Well shit, I guess I was wrong about the battle pass thing. Good on Mihoyo.

Also your pity resets on the pull you got the s rank, not the end of the 10pull.

Also, all the coffees now give 80 stamina worth, the 80 coffee is just for farming basic mats like dennies

Last edited:
Top Bottom