• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Also your pity resets on the pull you got the s rank, not the end of the 10pull.
I don't mean pity reset, I mean counter reset which didn't happen for some reason this time but before that it did.

Just checked the history again and it works now. I got Caesar in literally 3 searches after Alexandrina, it's insane. I also see people getting S rank agents in like 20-30 searches one after the other, while I got most of them after like 70+.

Also, all the coffees now give 80 stamina worth, the 80 coffee is just for farming basic mats like dennies
Really? I thought I saw 60 for others + BS drop buffs. Well okay then.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Here's two gifs I've made with Caesar. :messenger_sunglasses:

78z2icj.gif

Y7MEVgG.gif

ap_puff

I don't mean pity reset, I mean counter reset which didn't happen for some reason this time but before that it did.

Just checked the history again and it works now. I got Caesar in literally 3 searches after Alexandrina, it's insane. I also see people getting S rank agents in like 20-30 searches one after the other, while I got most of them after like 70+.

Really? I thought I saw 60 for others + BS drop buffs. Well okay then.
Yes the others are 60... But they give you 20 stamina worth of bonus drops. So it's all 80 stamina equivalent

Here's two gifs I've made with Caesar.

78z2icj.gif

Y7MEVgG.gif
Man Lucy is cute lol. I love me a good tsundere

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yes the others are 60... But they give you 20 stamina worth of bonus drops. So it's all 80 stamina equivalent
Well, to me it's worthless crap in comparison to events with 6 cards. Before I got Alexandrina, I managed to farm 400+ mid and endgame upgrade materials for discs in just few days thanks to the event with 6 cards, so now I have enough to max 3 full sets of discs for agents. Compare this to BS numbers you get with regular buff. Nah, I rather get 80 points of charge.

It's not going to reset, it's not a battle pass, they'll expand it with 30 more levels
They haven't said that in Dev Face-to-Face video, but if true (and it better be true since they're promising to improve and add more stuff to HZ) I'm all for it, as well as for the new stuff to spend the resources on other than Hollow Zero buffs (I unlocked all of them like a 1.5 month ago), which (resources) are completely pointless - they should just replace them with more quantity of the endgame rewards instead for those who already unlocked all the buffs.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
WHY have they changed Sixth Street music back to the old repetitive and boring crap which was there at launch?!:messenger_confounded:

God-effin'-damnit! :messenger_pouting:

Pejo

So I've been building Caeser a bit and using her to farm skill mats in a team with her/Jane/Piper, pretty fun. With her, there are 3 options when you see an attack wind up - swap assist (still probably the best option overall for orange flashes), dodge + counter, or her shield bash + interrupt + daze. I was confused about her shield mechanic because it works differently than Seth's whose shield shows up overlapping your HP bar (or did last patch when I used him in the trial at least), but her shield meter is its own separate meter that appears to the right of the character + the character gets a vague peach colored glow.

Also a big fan of her succ move that gathers smaller enemies and brings them towards her. Makes it easy to use Jane's hold attack where she spins and applies a ton of physical anomaly.

So I guess I was a bit too harsh on the defender role. If they continue to provide nice shields and gather functionality, there's a place for them. It helps that Caesar also does really nice damage though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
you can just turn it down and play the good one in youtube
Playing your own music at the bg is really not ideal to say the least, cuz you I don't want to change anything else in other areas, so pausing my own stuff, goint to menus to enable the in-game music, then go back to my own stuff again.... UGH, fuck no, it'll be even worse experience.

I just don't get why they went back to this old crap and removed new and much better music they added after the previous patch - it was SO MUCH BETTER! It baffles my mind that they still haven't added a portable player for the MC / Agents so that we could at wim change music which is already available in the game and only at the store.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Finished a few missions in Chapter 4 and Just went back from the City to Blazewood with Caesar.

I really, REALLY like what they did with Piper and Lucy in terms of their characterizations, mood, writing and stuff which added so much personality to these two lil ladies. Caesar and Lucy's "rivalry" is so amusing and hilarious to watch and I wish they showed more instead of doing it on the background.

I really like Caesar's playstyle a lot! I'll even go as far as to say that the she has the absolute best combat gameplay out of all agents when it comes to going all in, doing lots of DMG, gathering groups of enemies together for other agents to finish them off and what's simply amazing about her playstyle, is that she has and absolutely awesome deflection mechanic along with Captain America-like follow-up shield slam - it's jest never gets old and she's super overpowered even at level 40.

It's not that other characters are bad at DPS or something, but Caesar has the best melee combat in the game imho and her passives and skills are great, not to mention she pairs well with Jane and buffin' her up as well. Can't wait to lvl her up beyond lvl 40, but when it comes to W-Engine it's not so great cuz her main stat is Impact and there's no A rank impact engine in the game for her class so Idk what I'll be doing about it just yet.

As for Burnice, I fuckin' love this girl's attitude, the way she acts in cutscenes, during conversations, her combat style is PURE FIRE and the way she enters the fight...! Ahem, I'll definitely be searching for her next. Lighter is cool as well but first I need to see his combat playstyle.

Now, about Blazewood. I don't really like this town tbh, it's way too barren, lifeless, there's no shops, stores etc., there's no people walking around and... I mean, I get that maybe small towns kinda should be like that but it feels undercooked, too small and more like a placeholder tbh. I think they could've done a much better job and hopefully they'll make it more alive and less baren after a few updates (if they ever will).

One other thing that botters me a lot even since launch is that the game has insanely low LODs on PC with extremely powerful hardware. Like, you see a barrel in just a few meters at the distance looking like it's 1990's again and just a few steps closer it turns into a more rounded one and it is like that with most objects and even shadows in the game. What the hell miHoYo?

r4G2JHy.jpeg
QFWKyph.jpeg
It shouldn't be like this in the PC version and there must be more options to tweak as well as brightness options and filters from the camera - the default look of the game is way too washed out and colors just don't pop like they should. Hopefully they'll adress all this in the future but I'll make sure to let them know via other means.

Last edited:
For some reason after the patch the performance on Android is dogshit
The game stutters so much it's not even funny
Not sure if it's the same on mobile, but there's a new setting for global illumination on pc, if you were already using the overall "high" preset, then you're now using it by default; turning down the setting to medium would be previous highest setting.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Idk how to feel about the battery recharge thing, I mean, it's good that it's in the game, right? But the way and how it works I don't like at all. Basically, the main battery recharging by 1 point in 5 min, but the new thing recharging 1 point in 18 min which is 3 times as long and it's stupid - it should be 2 times max. One other thing regarding battery - I stopped taking any coffee with buffs to materials gain and using only the one which recharges 80 points since it was added cuz regular coffee buffs are absolute BS - it only works for one card where as during events it's 6 (!!!!), so it's completely pointless to waste a coffee for this regular shit and get only 60 points.
My biggest gripe about the battery charge is the fact there’s a weekly mission to do 5 routine clean-ups costing 60 energy every time. You could go up to level 15 on the battlepass to make back 60 energy from what you spent on that weekly task alone…and that’s on the paid battlepass…. That’s where they get grimy TBH.

Last edited:

ap_puff

My biggest gripe about the battery charge is the fact there’s a weekly mission to do 5 routine clean-ups costing 60 energy every time. You could go up to level 15 on the battlepass to make back 60 energy from what you spent on that weekly task alone…and that’s on the paid battlepass…. That’s where they get grimy TBH.
What's wrong with that? You want to be spending stamina on farming drive discs, that's where the majority of your character's power comes from

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
What's wrong with that? You want to be spending stamina on farming drive discs, that's where the majority of your character's power comes from
If you already had the discs you need, or already have stuff saved up…it’s a useless run, and even if you’re a new player that just jumped in, it’s just a shit way of screwing you from other upgrades that you need…which is the main roadblock.

It’s just the fact that it takes that much energy to fulfill the weekly quest…when the energy rewards in the weekly for the battlepass are so low. It just eats up energy for discs you aren’t going to use even for the breakdown mats; Basically to do the weekly and progress the battlepass means you’ve already eaten up all of the rewards from the battlepass energy-wise.

And I getcha it’s gatcha but that one’s a bit of a bitch.

Last edited:

Aenima

Ok, this was by far my favorite update. The story about the Sons of Calydon and the Tour de Inferno was pretty good, and they even added a bit more of the main story plot in the end that i though they forgot about it as was being ignored since the game launched.

They also adressed one my complaints about minigames, that so far had been low effort minigames that you finish in a couple minutes and finally implemented the type of minigame i was expecting to see from Hoyoverse.

The quality of life updates are also great, especially the ability so create a party and save it to quick swap between between partys instead of having to remove and add each party menber one by one.

Just a bit disapointed with the characters swap to use in the city, seems its still rushed. For example Belle is the character i picked when i started the game, now if i choose to control Wise in the city it still switches to Belle once i interact with an NPC or thers a cutscene. Also only Belle and Wise can take selfies, Caeser dont have that option. I think we are still like 2 updates away from being able to pick any agent we have to walk around in the city, just dont understand why we cant choose Jane as well since she already has the city walking animations from the last update. But is already nice to have Caeser, she gives me two good bouncy reasons to use her instead of Belle. :messenger_smirking:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just ignore this weekly task, you might unlock everything latter than you used to, but given just how fast you'll be doing it anyway (even with added 10 levels now) it doesn't even matter.

It's random BS as well as in the music shop without the tuning thing. The only reason you're doing disc farming is to get resources to make the one you need with the main stat you need, but even this you can do like 2-3 times per month (!!!!) cuz they're super stingy with the tuning thing, even more stingy than they were with the boss materials before 1.2 update.

Ok, this was by far my favorite update. The story about the Sons of Calydon and the Tour de Inferno was pretty good, and they even added a bit more of the main story plot in the end that i though they forgot about it as was being ignored since the game launched.
I liked Jane's story too, the 1.2 one is great as well but way too short. I like that they finally gave a purpose to the MCs cuz they have none before other than boring "Reclaim Proxy status" which... ugh, whatever. At least now we know why they're really doing the Proxy stuff and it's a lot more interesting that reclaiming Proxy status... it's just that... we have to wait for months and months and a lot of 3 hour story stuff for it to get going really.

The quality of life updates are also great, especially the ability so create a party and save it to quick swap between between partys instead of having to remove and add each party menber one by one.
Haven't used this yet cuz I was more focused on the story but it's a really great feature for sure - I kinda hated that you had to swap characters each time between nodes and missions, but not it's super easy and fast.

Just a bit disapointed with the characters swap to use in the city, seems its still rushed. For example Belle is the character i picked when i started the game, now if i choose to control Wise in the city it still switches to Belle once i interact with an NPC or thers a cutscene. Also only Belle and Wise can take selfies, Caeser dont have that option. I think we are still like 2 updates away from being able to pick any agent we have to walk around in the city, just dont understand why we cant choose Jane as well since she already has the city walking animations from the last update. But is already nice to have Caeser, she gives me two good bouncy reasons to use her instead of Belle. :messenger_smirking:
I think it's just a WIP for now, hopefully by the time 1.4 will be out, it'll be at least like in the HSR where all characters have unique phones and can interact with NPCs without switching to the MC.

Last edited:

ap_puff

I'm stupid, I spent all my Bangboo tapes on Officer Cui and Red Moccus without even looking at what bonuses they have. Both do physical damage and Red Moccus isn't even supposed to be good...

OONvauy.jpeg
I pulled red moccus cause his description said he had grouping

it's useless

also next patch we're
a free A-rank bangboo, might be baddieboo or a new one

*edit* also yanagi's leaked animations are up. They made her go from a sure skip to a "dang I kinda want her now"

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm stupid, I spent all my Bangboo tapes on Officer Cui and Red Moccus without even looking at what bonuses they have. Both do physical damage and Red Moccus isn't even supposed to be good...
Cui has great Physical damage and pairs well with N.E.P.S. squad and SOC. Moccus looks cool but I'm not going to be searching for him just yet (if ever, we'll see), I need an S rank fire bangboo which is just a few searches away.

*edit* also yanagi's leaked animations are up. They made her go from a sure skip to a "dang I kinda want her now"

She's very similar to Ellen when it comes to basic attacks and.... well, idk why would you search for her if you already have Grace - she's pretty good even without a second energy bar and moves.

As I was suspecting, Lighter is sort of similar to Lycaon with melee focus combat, but there's not enough of his moveset and stuff in this video so I'll wait for a proper showcase.

Last edited:

SHAKEZ

Neo Member
I think Lighter looks amazing, Yanagi looks better than I thought she would as well.
Although I think the leaker skipped some lighter moves like his dash + normal attacks.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I just finished the Tour de Inferno storyline, and oh man, what a rollercoaster of emotions! I think they did a great job with this story chapter (Caesar and Lucy story arcs being standouts for me). I also loved that at the end we learned a bit more about the siblings' past and their current motivations.

I also have 2 new gifs to share, but I'm going to put them under spoiler tag.

YGy4U4I.gif

iUJgfQ5.gif

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I thought his foot was a weapon? But I don't have him, so I never looked closely.
Well, it sure looks like his boots are the main weapon he's using, but it's not a normal weapon like other characters are using and he's also 100% melee + Stun focused character so I guess it counts:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Idk whom I'll pick yet after reaching 300 searches in the stable channel, but there are only two options now (I've the rest of the launch characters already) - Soldier 11 and Lycaon. Lycon is #1 on the list since he's the only Ice Stunner in the game, will remain so for quite some time and there's no full Ice team in the game without him. There's still time to think so I'll use it.

Last edited:

ap_puff

She's very similar to Ellen when it comes to basic attacks and.... well, idk why would you search for her if you already have Grace - she's pretty good even without a second energy bar and moves.
Her leaked numbers indicate she's going to be a lot better than Grace and I'd pull her for the same reason I mained Keqing for 3 years in genshin lol. i love the flashy attacks, and shes got that michael bay flair to her

I went for Caesars Wengine because she’s a support and it helps buff the whole team, feel like she will be relevant for a while, as supports tend not to get crept as fast as DPS units, and also all the other options seemed to be severely lacking.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Her leaked numbers indicate she's going to be a lot better than Grace and I'd pull her for the same reason I mained Keqing for 3 years in genshin lol. i love the flashy attacks, and shes got that michael bay flair to her
Her "milf secretary" design is just too boring, uninspired, unimaginative and bland, which is more than enough for me to easily skip her and never look back.

Spyxos

Gold Member

Lighter’s W-Engine

"Attack 713
Impact 18%
When Quick and Defensive Assist is triggered, Impact is increased. When basic attacks hits an enemy, it accumulates stacks, up to a maximum of 20 stacks. Each stack increases the all team's critical damage for Ice and Fire attacks . Source : Tieba" - https://t.me/s/seele_leaks

Lighter's W-Engine seems designed to boost team damage output, especially focusing on Ice and Fire attacks, not just Fire as many players may have expected with Lighter being a Fire Sons of Calydon member. Additionally, basic attacks build up to 20 stacks, with each stack increasing the team’s critical damage for Ice and Fire attacks. This makes Lighter a strong supportive offensive asset not just in Fire teams but also Ice teams. There are currently no Ice Calydon members so this may be an attempt at ensuring hes not limited to only a select few teams.

ap_puff

Her "milf secretary" design is just too boring, uninspired, unimaginative and bland, which is more than enough for me to easily skip her and never look back.
I mean I agree on the design part which is why I'm only partially tempted to pull, also I'll be out of polys after burnice which makes it a lot harder to justify

Aenima

I love her design, and it seems her fighting style is great as well. Just need to see what her skills do cuz shes an Anomaly character. If she ends being an anomaly DPS like Jane Doe its a must pull, but if she just a sub dps then i keep waiting for an electro DPS agent to arrive. No Doods though.

ap_puff

I love her design, and it seems her fighting style is great as well. Just need to see what her skills do cuz shes an Anomaly character. If she ends being an anomaly DPS like Jane Doe its a must pull, but if she just a sub dps then i keep waiting for an electro DPS agent to arrive. No Doods though.
shes an on field anomaly disorder dps, her kit increases the damage of disorder procs and also just has really high multipliers in general (you could probably build her with crit stats and it would work). she is going to work really well with burnice

Top Bottom