• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I have 5 agents at lvl 20 with all available elements, maybe 3 W-Engines at level 20, with 2-3 levels at skills, but I haven't even seen disc drives yet. Fun fact, I had like 45 resources when unlocked Bongboo store and literally got like 50+% of all Bangboos incl. one S ranked one. Just finished 2 qualification missions in Hollow Zero, collected most of the coins from the first page and finished most of the quests to get medals from a police girl in the dog costume and finished first part of the Soldier 11 story with one more available to go. As for resources, I've got like 1400 of the currency you get the most of after searching channels which I'll be saving to then buy stuff you need to search for agents (it'll refresh next month and let's just say that by the time it happens, I'll have a shit load for currency to buy stuff and then search for agents), don't have a lot of polychrome since I'm using it to search for agents when I have enough. Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives how far I am from where you are story wise? I'm at Proxy level 22 right now.
I'm at inter-knot level 25 and currently a couple missions into Chapter 2, but I also finished Soldier 11 storyline, did several hollow zero encounters and all available training missions.
I don't remember and I can't tell right now if the less expensive channel has more searches for you to go through before A/S rank drops than the top one, but even if that's the case, drop rates are way higher there as I mentioned and you can eventually pick what you need to unlock without RNG and again - the top channel won't let you do that.
I think the soft pity is the same for both the limited and permanent banner (e.g. 90 pulls), it's just that the former has those weighted drops for Ellen (S rank), Soukaku and Anton (A Rank) and it's the only way to obtain the shark girl. Oh and yeah she'll go away once the banner timer runs out, so if you want her then you should save for her.

I'm still thinking what I should do though as I'm currently 30 pulls in the Ellen banner and need 60 more till the 50/50 soft pity for her. Guess for the time being I I'll just continue saving polychrome.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I wouldn't waste leveling resources on all your characters, just level up your favs until you get closer to end game then then decide what characters you enjoy using. It's super important that you properly build your characters and spend resources on a few so that you don't struggle with later game enemies. i invest all my upgrades, daily "battery" on upgrades for characters i use frequently and always prep for levelling to the next bracket when i hit story level mission.

Currently using these as my mains:

wDqZv4X.jpeg

0mp7s3a.jpeg

BIcHWre.jpeg
Dayum, how many pulls till you snagged Ellen? Do you also have her signature weapon, the shark w-engine? 😳

Last edited:

tmlDan

Dayum, how many pulls till you snagged Ellen? Do you also have her signature weapon, the shark w-engine? 😳
It took me 30? so three, 10 pulls to get her, then i got Grace randomly from all the free pulls and codes and also landed Lycaon from the 50MM download thank you pull lol

I may have :goog_sneaky: and being perfectly honest, i only bought one $29.99 USD pack on day one and got nothing from it. I take advantage of all the free pulls, redemption codes, dailies and quests.

d1PWkpt.jpeg

I do not have the shark Shark Bangboo tho, which is her best in slot :(

Oh, also, last piece of advice, get the inter-knot membership, if you log in everyday you'll get a bunch of pulls eventually at a low cost.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

It took me 30? so three, 10 pulls to get her, then i got Grace randomly from all the free pulls and codes and also landed Lycaon from the 50MM download thank you pull lol

I may have :goog_sneaky: and being perfectly honest, i only bought one $29.99 USD pack on day one and got nothing from it. I take advantage of all the free pulls, redemption codes, dailies and quests.

d1PWkpt.jpeg
Damn, the HoYo RNG gods smiled upon you, haha! I'm doing exactly what you're doing, as in going through all the content that rewards you with polychrome, gacha pulls, mats, etc., as well as completing all the dailies, weeklies. XD
I do not have the shark Shark Bangboo tho, which is her best in slot :(
Welp! :lollipop_pensive:
Oh, also, last piece of advice, get the inter-knot membership, if you log in everyday you'll get a bunch of pulls eventually at a low cost.
Yeah, I bought that £5 membership yesterday since it seemed like a good deal. I also purchased the battle pass (the one without the tier skips) and a small pack of monochrome. I don't think I'm going to spend any more than this for the rest of the month though.

Larxia

I agree 100%, and perspectives like yours come from a place well past the honeymoon period of these games. I've echoed your same thoughts in another ZZZ thread, but here we go again lol.

The games themselves are fantastic, so beautiful, so addictive, and clearly show the developers are great at what they do. Yet, as with any kind of game, once a player invests significant time into them the real core design flaws start to show. Hoyoverse games have this "Daily Stamina + Horrible RNG" combo that hamper the long-term experience.

I play Genshin and have the exact same thoughts as you. Sitting on a mountain of free pulls, but very little desire to even get new characters because how frustrating the resin/artifact RNG systems are. It's hard to get excited for a new character knowing that before they can truly shine it's going to be months of painful RNG farming, forcefully regulated to a few minutes worth of attempts a day. I find the new pull hype wears off well before I can find a satisfying set of artifacts. It turns it into a chore, making the player feel like they have to play daily or else they are wasting opportunities to completely build a character.

Obviously I still play Genshin, and I'm thinking about trying ZZZ here, but the game design described really brings the whole experience down. Turns them from games I would happily no-life like an addictive MMO, into games I just play on the side and refuse to never spend a dime in.
Exactly. Unlike you however I gave up on Genshin, I couldn't take it anymore and it was just too frustrating for me. I find paid single player games way less frustrating in how they're designed. It also didn't help that I found the dialogues in genshin extremely tedious, but that's a different topic. I stopped during Sumeru.

Last edited:
Other then the 5* at 50 (Rina) I’ve gotten nothing in over a 100 pulls… just a W Engine that I can’t use lololol

It is what it is. I usually have ridiculously good luck in gacha games, Genshin and Star rail both treat me very good, so I can’t be too mad.

Edit
Larxia Larxia
Mondstat to Inazuma is the best stretch of the game anyway, I’d say you’ve experienced most of what the game has to offer

Last edited:

Aenima

Anyway, moving on from the gacha aspects, I really dig the dope cover art for these VHS tapes which lets you access/replay story moments:

Oh and the fighting choreography in these action-y cut-scenes remains top shelf. 😳

The art in the videotapes related to characters stories is dope. I love the idea that to watch and play the stories related to certain characters you have to go to your videotape shelf and select the tape. The way this game presents some stuff is one of the best even among AAA games.

Last edited:
Anyway, moving on from the gacha aspects, I really dig the dope cover art for these VHS tapes which lets you access/replay story moments:

Oh and the fighting choreography in these action-y cut-scenes remains top shelf. 😳

Yes yes yes, every time I unlock a new set of tapes I get more excited then I should just to check out the “box art” of the tapes lol
It’s stupid little things like this that make the game feel so alive. So many little details everywhere.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

HoYo will be giving 10 free pulls through this new giveaway event that starts this Thursday. 👀

"Sixth Street Giveaway" Event Details

Event Duration
2024/07/11 10:00:00 (server time) – 2024/08/13 03:59:59 (server time)
Requirements
Reach Inter-Knot Lv. 8, and unlock the Event feature in the Main Story Prologue - Intermission.

Event Details
• During the "Sixth Street Giveaway" event, players can obtain Encrypted Master Tape ×10 by logging in for 7 days!
• After claiming all rewards, the event page will be closed at 4:00 on the following day (server time).

Last edited:
Felt like I had some horrible luck in my pulls got Koleda twice from standard banner. For my guaranteed S rank I got Nekomata. On top of that I couldn't get a good team setup for Nekomata. Piper seems ok but I'm not sure how viable anomaly is right now. Didn't seem all that great honestly.

Woke up and pulled some singles today and got Ellen out of nowhere. Took me a minute to understand what was happening because I just wasn't expect it. I got Ellen like 5 pulls after getting Nekomata. I guess it's good that I do like Koleda and she stuns quicker than anyone on my team.

Felt like I had some horrible luck in my pulls got Koleda twice from standard banner. For my guaranteed S rank I got Nekomata. On top of that I couldn't get a good team setup for Nekomata. Piper seems ok but I'm not sure how viable anomaly is right now. Didn't seem all that great honestly.

Woke up and pulled some singles today and got Ellen out of nowhere. Took me a minute to understand what was happening because I just wasn't expect it. I got Ellen like 5 pulls after getting Nekomata. I guess it's good that I do like Koleda and she stuns quicker than anyone on my team.

I wish I had Piper, she’s basically a disorder trigger, when 2 anomalies get put on an opponent they both pop all their damage at once, it’s insane. I’ve been doing ridiculous numbers. What level are you?

Also check this

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

My luck is in deep shit when it comes to S rank characters, of which I unlocked only Koleda so far. During all this time, I've got a ton of A rank duplicates and unlocked a bunch of buffs for some characters almost completely (I wonder what'll happen after I'll unlock all buffs and get duplicates again - which must not happen ever after all buffs are unlocked, but something tells me that's not how RNG works here).

I don't think that I'll unlock Ellen and if I won't after remaning searches in the exclusive channel, I just fuckin' stop trying and will be saving all resources for Yuan or Miyabi.

My luck is in deep shit when it comes to S rank characters, of which I unlocked only Koleda so far. During all this time, I've got a ton of A rank duplicates and unlocked a bunch of buffs for some characters almost completely (I wonder what'll happen after I'll unlock all buffs and get duplicates again - which must not happen ever after all buffs are unlocked, but something tells me that's not how RNG works here).

I don't think that I'll unlock Ellen and if I won't after remaning searches in the exclusive channel, I just fuckin' stop trying and will be saving all resources for Yuan or Miyabi.

Damn you've already maxed out some A ranks that's crazy. Anton at least is a very viable attack character I was doing some insane damage with him but I wont lie Ellen has stepped it up hard. I think once you max an agent but pull them again it gives you like double of those resources that cost 20 per wish. No idea what the name is.

Mossybrew

Im still struggling to understand all the currencies and systems. But the combat and overall slick style of the game are keeping my interest.

Last edited:
I wish I had Piper, she’s basically a disorder trigger, when 2 anomalies get put on an opponent they both pop all their damage at once, it’s insane. I’ve been doing ridiculous numbers. What level are you?

Also check this

Ok so looks like I was using her wrong. I'll need to watch this in further detail later but looks like I can fix this team up since I have lucy also. Thanks.

Ok so looks like I was using her wrong. I'll need to watch this in further detail later but looks like I can fix this team up since I have lucy also. Thanks.

Ya it seems like the move here would be to apply an anomaly first then bring in piper to set it off since she will trigger assault easily, and that trigger will pop the other anomaly and cause “disorder” then massive damage

I’ve been doing this with the default team
Just stacked as much anomaly related shit on Nicole and Anby as I could and have been using Billy to trigger, even with that team it works really well.

I suppose Grace would work really well for this also. But man, physical/assault seems to do so much

Last edited:
Ya it seems like the move here would be to apply an anomaly first then bring in piper to set it off since she will trigger assault easily, and that trigger will pop the other anomaly and cause “disorder” then massive damage

I’ve been doing this with the default team
Just stacked as much anomaly related shit on Nicole and Anby as I could and have been using Billy to trigger, even with that team it works really well.

I suppose Grace would work really well for this also. But man, physical/assault seems to do so much

Yea I thought we were supposed to be using piper to help apply the anomaly\assault then bring in someone like nekomata to do massive damage. I didn't realize there was some triggering effect that Piper has.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yea I thought we were supposed to be using piper to help apply the anomaly\assault then bring in someone like nekomata to do massive damage. I didn't realize there was some triggering effect that Piper has.
She has insane Assault status buildup and trigger, it happens almost constantly, not to mention her spinning move can clear out good number of enemies and if your party just right, you can end the fight in like 30s, unless we're talking about good number of huge and tank enemies.

So, it looks like the story in 1.0 release is around 40+hrs long and Hollow Zero is the end game content. Now I wonder if I should continue playing and just stop and wait for content updat after all remaining searches in the exclusive channel are used. I mean, I will have to wait for the story content anyway.

Last edited:
She has insane Assault status buildup and trigger, it happens almost constantly, not to mention her spinning move can clear out good number of enemies and if your party just right, you can end the fight in like 30s, unless we're talking about good number of huge and tank enemies.

So, it looks like the story in 1.0 release is around 40+hrs long and Hollow Zero is the end game content. Now I wonder if I should continue playing and just stop and wait for content updat after all remaining searches in the exclusive channel are used. I mean, I will have to wait for the story content anyway.

If it's anything like past games they will release events that go into side stories for other characters and things like that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I tried this earlier today. I like the style and visuals of everything. Combat was extremely shallow.

That’s kind of the motto of the game: style over substance. Even the roster of characters is weak. Not a single one I felt compelled that I need to have, or spoke to me. I actually like the main female protagonist design the most but you don’t actually play as her lol.

Overall this game feels like a giant miss for these devs. Rail and Impact remain far superior products if you are into gacha games.

I think if the combat here was better I would have been compelled to keep going. Or if there was a character to lure me in with.

Does anyone know what else the track pad does on PS5? You can move a virtual mouse around with it but I’m not sure how to interact with it beyond that. Doesn’t seem to be able to interact with anything.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Man, these hollow zero roguelike missions can get pretty tough. I wasn't paying much attention while doing it, and once I reached the boss fight my team had like 20% of their HP left. I managed to pull through, but suffice to say that the boss encounter got me quite sweaty... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Damn, got another S rank, and turned out to be another Wengine…

Have to admit, I’m starting to get pretty salty about it. I’ve only gotten the 1 S rank character (from the first set of discount pulls or whatever) 3 other times it’s gone S, it’s been a fucking shitty ass weapon I can’t even use.

What a terrible feeling. Caught between really liking the game and getting utterly shit on in the gacha. Ugh, I knew something would happen, just sucks that it has to be like this.

At least I still have all my polychrome/encrypted master tapes

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Man, these hollow zero roguelike missions can get pretty tough. I wasn't paying much attention while doing it, and once I reached the boss fight my team had like 20% of their HP left. I managed to pull through, but suffice to say that the boss encounter got me quite sweaty... :messenger_grinning_sweat:
These are meant to be endgame content. From what I found out, it's pointless to even try and finish everything there cuz the game as of right now just doesn't have enough story and story related content for you to be at comparable level, you'll just won't be doing DMG needed to kill things. In other words, if you finished the released story content, there's no point in playing the game and finishing the endgame content, we basically need to wait for the new story content to level up further and be able to accept and finish endgame content or just continue playing it.

I mean, sure, if you're swimming in money, you can easily grind training missions and resources, level up characters and proxy levels, but who's going to be doing that here? The answer is no one.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

These are meant to be endgame content. From what I found out, it's pointless to even try and finish everything there cuz the game as of right now just doesn't have enough story and story related content for you to be at comparable level, you'll just won't be doing DMG needed to kill things. In other words, if you finished the released story content, there's no point in playing the game and finishing the endgame content, we basically need to wait for the new story content to level up further and be able to accept and finish endgame content or just continue playing it.

I mean, sure, if you're swimming in money, you can easily grind training missions and resources, level up characters and proxy levels, but who's going to be doing that here? The answer is no one.
Yeah, I kinda figured that... I wanted to do one hollow zero mission this week so I could progress my battle pass since it was one of tasks that rewarded you with a whole level (1000 points). I won't really bother with grinding them not until I reach end game. Although I guess I could play the ones that are below my team's lvl.

Last edited:

This has happened to me a few times. It's crazy how much better I can get at dodging/countering when I have like 2 hits left.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah, I kinda figured that... I wanted to do one hollow zero mission this week so I could progress my battle pass since it was one of tasks that rewarded you with a whole level (1000 points). I won't really bother with grinding them not until I reach end game. Although I guess I could play the ones that are below my team's lvl.
Do you actually get the same exact rewards for replaying them?:pie_thinking:

I haven't tried....

I also haven't used any battery I got as rewards - I've like 6 of them now. Those traning missions are the best for rewards and EXP, cuz not only are you leveling up Proxy level, but also characters and their skills.

Last edited:

Aenima

Once you finish the story you have the daylies/ weeklies, untll new content arrive. You can still farm boss materials each week. Also if you are not spending your energy each day you missing in alot of level up materials. Just waiting for new content to play the game will let your account lacking in materials once you get a new character. This also allow you to keep pushing the endgame content little by little. Since thers alot of things you can still level up in your characters. Thers the skills to level up that consume boss parts, can only do 3 boss fights each week.

You will need to make 2 teams for endgame content, so thats 6 characters to level up, level up they skills, engines and engine discs, its alot of materials and farming to be done. Even without story to increase your account level, you still need a good amount of time farming to max out each character in they current level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom