• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I finished all chapters and got to lvl 35 or 36 and then it's locked and a slow grind. They def have more levels to unlock, but there will be a limit. Genshin and Star Rail all have adventure level limits and then resources get harder and harder to get for free, you have to do dailies and play all the new events that come out.

From my vast experience, once they set the adventure level limit (or inter-knot level) and character limit it doesn't change, then you grind for maxing out characters (Disks, W-drives etc.) and damage and taking on challenges, gacha'ing for new characters and waiting for new story content/events that will give you potential rolls for characters, W-engines, or Bangboos.

The "Road to Proxy is lvl 30 cause that's what most people will reach in this first story iteration, and those type of things do come back (daily log-in character roll items) but this one is VERY generous likely cause it's launch
So what do you think, potentially how many story and content updates the game will get, how fast / often an all that based on how they did it with Genshin and Star Rail? I mean, there's also Genshin and Star Rail they need to worry about so... Just how big miHoYo actually is in terms of teams and how many of them they have? It's hard to imagine that just one team is mantaining 3 huge games.

tmlDan

So what do you think, potentially how many story and content updates the game will get, how fast / often an all that based on how they did it with Genshin and Star Rail? I mean, there's also Genshin and Star Rail they need to worry about so... Just how big miHoYo actually is in terms of teams and how many of them they have? It's hard to imagine that just one team is mantaining 3 huge games.
I can't say what their plans are for ZZZ, but they do content updates every 3-4 months, look at the BP and when it ends as a good indicator. Then they'll drop random events throughout a season, some new some repeats throughout the year.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I can't say what their plans are for ZZZ, but they do content updates every 3-4 months, look at the BP and when it ends as a good indicator. Then they'll drop random events throughout a season, some new some repeats throughout the year.
I see, well, let's hope that there'll be plenty of story content as well as events and other stuff to come in the comming years.

Speaking of events...

d1041f25a144aec8c8aad6ebc91ae5e2_2621935142038929291.jpg

Event Duration

2024/07/15 10:00:00 (server time) – 2024/08/05 03:59:59 (server time)

Requirements

Reach Inter-Knot Lv. 30 and reach Main Story Chapter 2 Interlude - Intermission.

More info

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I played this for a few hours last night and it’s really good. Then I got to the gacha part and saw all those currencies etc. It’s not terrible and I pulled a few characters. I even bought the $1 pack basically to tip the devs. The presentation and combat are fantastic. What drives me nuts is if they made this a traditional $70 game it would be a GOTY contender.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Welp, I just did the 50/50 soft pity on Ellen's banner and got Nekomata. I guess it could've been worse but this means bye bye Ellen... :lollipop_pensive:
hug-dog.gif

I was thinking about the same before I got her. There's just no way I would've kept trying after spending 20 exclusive tapes (~80 in total), same goes for Zhu and everyone else next - if I don't get the new character after spending ~80 exclusive tapes, then that's the end of it.

Um, are you planning to get her when she'll come back or... nah?

At least the S-rank agent guarantee carries over to the next limited banner. So, whichever S-rank agent they include in it, I'll def be grabbing.
Zhu is next in less than 2 weeks from now, save everything for her unless you want to get Miyabi.

I already decided that I won't be spending any of my polychrome and exclusive tapes on W-Engines ever, unless I'll unlock everything there is to unlock when it comes to characters I care about in 1.0 and all future content updates.

I played this for a few hours last night and it’s really good. Then I got to the gacha part and saw all those currencies etc. It’s not terrible and I pulled a few characters. I even bought the $1 pack basically to tip the devs. The presentation and combat are fantastic. What drives me nuts is if they made this a traditional $70 game it would be a GOTY contender.
It's better in a lot of ways than ATLUS's Persona games imho and yeah, I would've payed $70 if it had all of the content and characters at launch.

Don't get me wrong, Persona games are still great, but miHoYo outdone them with just one game in more ways than one, fixed some (if not most) of the problems I had with them and it's not even content complete yet and you don't have to pay anything to play them and finish the story and everything else content-wise.

Last edited:

Doom85

Welp, I just did the 50/50 soft pity on Ellen's banner and got Nekomata. I guess it could've been worse but this means bye bye Ellen... :lollipop_pensive:

At least the S-rank agent guarantee carries over to the next limited banner. So, whichever S-rank agent they include in it, I'll def be grabbing.

901 GIF

Unless the next limited banner character is a higher priority than Ellen, you might as well keep pulling when you get enough for a pull over the days. Since even if you don’t get her by doing that, you’re still building pity for the next banner. Good luck!

EqQqxVE.jpeg

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
901 GIF

Unless the next limited banner character is a higher priority than Ellen, you might as well keep pulling when you get enough for a pull over the days. Since even if you don’t get her by doing that, you’re still building pity for the next banner. Good luck!

EqQqxVE.jpeg
Thanks, I thought a bit about it and came to the same logical conclusion. I'm 60 pulls away to guarantee her, and I kinda want her still in my team since she's the best at pure DPS according to prydwen's tier list. I also really like her design/character. Anyway, like you said, even if I don't get her in the next pulls, I'll still be building the pity for the next banner.
hug-dog.gif

I was thinking about the same before I got her. There's just no way I would've kept trying after spending 20 exclusive tapes (~80 in total), same goes for Zhu and everyone else next - if I don't get the new character after spending ~80 exclusive tapes, then that's the end of it.

Um, are you planning to get her when she'll come back or... nah?
Not really sure when/if she'll come back, and if she does it will be after a long while, and who knows what the meta will be at that time. Like I replied to Doom85, I'll keep pulling in her limited banner till it expires since the pity carries over to the next character banner anyway (thank god for that).

The only issue is that I'm lvl 31 inter-knot and I think that polycrome and limited pull sources have begun to dry out. I have the premium pass and the other one where you receive 90 polychrome each day when you log in so we'll see how much polychrome and pulls I can save till her banner expires since I still wish to have her in my team as she's the best at pure dps, but I don't want to go overboard and spend a bunch of irl money for her lol.
Zhu is next in less than 2 weeks from now, save everything for her unless you want to get Miyabi.

I already decided that I won't be spending any of my polychrome and exclusive tapes on W-Engines ever, unless I'll unlock everything there is to unlock when it comes to characters I care about in 1.0 and all future content updates.
Not sure about Zhu, but I'll def like to have Miyabi whenever she's added to the game.

Last edited:

Aenima

Thanks, I thought a bit about it and came to the same logical conclusion. I'm 60 pulls away to guarantee her, and I kinda want her still in my team since she's the best at pure DPS according to prydwen's tier list. I also really like her design/character. Anyway, like you said, even if I don't get her in the next pulls, I'll still be building the pity for the next banner.

Not really sure when/if she'll come back, and if she does it will be after a long while, and who knows what the meta will be at that time. Like I replied to Doom85, I'll keep pulling in her limited banner till it expires since the pity carries over to the next character banner anyway (thank god for that).

The only issue is that I'm lvl 31 inter-knot and I think that polycrome and limited pull sources have begun to dry out. I have the premium pass and the other one where you receive 90 polychrome each day when you log in so we'll see how much polychrome and pulls I can save till her banner expires since I still wish to have her in my team as she's the best at pure dps, but I don't want to go overboard and spend a bunch of irl money for her lol.

Not sure about Zhu, but I'll def like to have Miyabi whenever she's added to the game.
If you like her, you should really go for her. Im not a big fan of her design because of the shark tail, even if everething else about her design is pretty great, but shes a real beast in combat especially against bosses. I have been doing those combat challenges in S rank pretty much thanks to her. Shes also runs very fast, and can shave some seconds in those time trials just by moving around with her.

Zhu Yuan seems to me it will be very usefull becase the game dosent have a Ether DPS and Zhu Yuan will fill that role.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Ellen is a beast in combat and her ultimate is amazballs when it comes to ICE damage when you'll use it on a downed enemy - you can wrek even the most tough enemies pretty easily, provided you can pair Ellen with the right agenst and stuff. I really hope you'll get her!

As for the polychrome. Even the end game content is not enough to get good amounts of polychrome and it is limited too as well as the amount you can buy with in-game resouces (not by polychrome, but from the currency you get after spending tapes on getting agents and stuff) so that you can't get a lot of polychrome that way. I've haven't spend it on anything yet and waiting for refresh to buy all exclusive and regular tapes. Thank god there's stable channel and all characters they are permanent, plus you can later choose which one you want so that good.

I haven't spent a dime yet and not planning too cuz that's how they'll get ya.

I haven't finished Chapter 2 and 3 yet, but something tells me that the first story and content update will be about Miyabi's faction and the new one which is still unknown, plus some of the already revealed new characters will be added to the permanetn channel - there's 2 empty slots in the game for characters already.

Zhu Yuan seems to me it will be very usefull becase the game dosent have a Ether DPS and Zhu Yuan will fill that role.
Yeah and Nicole is just not good in combat, so Zhu is the perfect alternative.

I LOVE what they did with pairing agents from one faction - they're teaming up during fights, helping each other, doing new moves together, finishers and such, holy shit, I LOVE IT! But the thing is, there's not a lot of missions dedicated to just one element so most people probably won't pairing agents from one factions unless they'll be using bangboos, and of course you first need to get all the agents which... well, you know.

Last edited:

Aenima

Yeah and Nicole is just not good in combat, so Zhu is the perfect alternative.
Nicole is a support characeter and will be very usefull when paired with Zhu Yuan, cuz Nicole increases Ether damage by 25% when paired with someone of the same faction or element. So running a team with Nicole and Zhu (same element), mean Zhu will be dealing an extra 25% Ether damage every time Nicole procs her Ether damage boost.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Ellen is a beast in combat and her ultimate is amazballs when it comes to ICE damage when you'll use it on a downed enemy - you can wrek even the most tough enemies pretty easily, provided you can pair Ellen with the right agenst and stuff. I really hope you'll get her!

As for the polychrome. Even the end game content is not enough to get good amounts of polychrome and it is limited too as well as the amount you can buy with in-game resouces (not by polychrome, but from the currency you get after spending tapes on getting agents and stuff) so that you can't get a lot of polychrome that way. I've haven't spend it on anything yet and waiting for refresh to buy all exclusive and regular tapes. Thank god there's stable channel and all characters they are permanent, plus you can later choose which one you want so that good.

I haven't spent a dime yet and not planning too cuz that's how they'll get ya.
I don't mind putting some money in a F2P if I really enjoy it and I know I'll stick with it. The things I bought were the ones which provide the most value anyway, the BP and that daily polychrome membership. Ellen's banner lasts 10 more days and from the BP and membership I get 10 additional pulls for her banner, which as a pure F2P I would normally not get. If I pull her I'll be happy, if not, maybe I'll go for Zhu after all since Aenima Aenima made a great point about her being the first Ether DPS agent which will pair very nicely with Nicole.

As for the permanent banner... well, it's there forever so it's just a matter of time till I'll pull everything from that banner, so there's not much reason (if at all) to spend my polychrome there. Anyway, I'm not annoyed that I didn't pull Ellen, and if I miss out on her it is what it is. :D

I really wish that they would tone down TV stuff significantly in the future updates. I mean, there's not a lot of it as it is, but it's just not fun after a while and you always want to get through it as fast as possible the more you play the game.

I knew that part of the game would be hit or miss with people. I like it but I completely understand people who don’t.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I knew that part of the game would be hit or miss with people. I like it but I completely understand people who don’t.
If you think about it, from a game development point of view, it allows their content pipeline to run better as they don't need to waste resources and time on additional work like animated cutscenes with set pieces, etc.

I prefer it this way, tbh, because it means they can release new content more quickly, although I do understand if people have mixed opinions on this game mechanic.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Nicole is a support characeter and will be very usefull when paired with Zhu Yuan, cuz Nicole increases Ether damage by 25% when paired with someone of the same faction or element. So running a team with Nicole and Zhu (same element), mean Zhu will be dealing an extra 25% Ether damage every time Nicole procs her Ether damage boost.
But.... I don't really like to play as Nicole, that's the problem, plus there's Ether bangboos with buffs and such, so you can easily replace Nicole with them and not waste character slot on her.

If you think about it, from a game development point of view, it allows their content pipeline to run better as they don't need to waste resources and time on additional work like animated cutscenes with set pieces, etc.
True, but they do have time for the endgame stuff which is a lot better and it's not too difficult and time consuming since they already have everything in the game. It's just a matter of mixing things up right so that it won't become the same thing over and over with littler variety.

I prefer it this way, tbh, because it means they can release new content more quickly, although I do understand if people have mixed opinions on this game mechanic.
I mean, it's not that I hate it or don't like it, it's good in small portions, but when it's more than that it's just gets annoying over time, especially with those "make the right path through the level" kind of puzzles. Also, when you get to the good stuff in the game, it's just natural to gravitate towards it and not the stuff you don't like as much (if at all).

Last edited:
The trust resonium that can randomly trigger in hollow zero are really powerful, for anyone who's played the elysian realm in honkai, it's like getting an elysia signet; if you have any characters you really like using in hollow zero, definitely rank up their trust to unlock that resonium.
The bangboo resonium are also really powerful, if they show up I tend to not pick a third character if I can. (unless if I have that level 5 corruption that prevents daze)

Last edited:

SSfox

Question: is Koleda, Ben and Anton team viable?

I have Koleda with her S cone btw

I already have my main team with Nekomata Anby and Nicole. I want to make second team without pulling

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I never get bored of these brief character intros after loading into a battle.

I've done the mission where you need 500k gold coins to finish and I think I've seen Nekomata’s shit eating grin like a dozen times in that mission alone lol.

Also, this particular entrance music is so fucking dope.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I never get bored of these brief character entrances after loading into a battle.

Yeah, such a nice touch which ads more personality to the characters(y)
I've done the mission where you need 500k gold coins to finish and I think I've seen Nekomata’s shit eating grin like a dozen times in that mission alone lol.
500K gold coins?:messenger_hushed:

Daaaaaamn, I think I've seen like 5-6K per mission at best.

I haven't played the game today beyond doing daily check in and other stuff for free resources, as well as spending battery charge to get upgrades for future character level-ups - 4 of them are at level 30 for now and I can't go higher cuz it is locked behind higher proxy level or something else, same goes for skill upgrades.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yeah, such a nice touch which ads more personality to the characters(y)

500K gold coins?:messenger_hushed:

Daaaaaamn, I think I've seen like 5-6K per mission at best.

I haven't played the game today beyond doing daily check in and other stuff for free resources, as well as spending battery charge to get upgrades for future character level-ups - 4 of them are at level 30 for now and I can't go higher cuz it is locked behind higher proxy level or something else, same goes for skill upgrades.
It's quite a fun mission where you get all sorts of power-ups to buff your gear coin gain while exploring the hollow. I wanted to S rank it so I had to waste a lot of coins for that; I think I've collected over 1M coins during that mission and it took me 45 minutes to complete it since I did a couple of missteps along the way lol. It's an exploration type of mission that shows up during chapter 2 intermission and before ranking up to Senior Proxy so you'll be getting to it soon enough. :p

Nankatsu

Ok, I dived in and tried out the game for about an hour, PS5 version.

Of the bat game's presentation is phenomenal. It's heavily inspired by Persona 5 style, there's no denying that, but it's extremely polished and good looking.

About the combat, yeah, initial impressions aren't the best. Felt stylish, but pretty soulless and easy, even on challenging. Enemies feel way too static.

Mash, mash, mash, QTE switch and ultimate.

And don't get me started on the 90% kiddy / furry roster. Yeah, don't like that direction one bit.

Anyway, I'll play it a bit more to see if the combat somehow takes a spin that doesn't take too long to happen.

Last edited:

Of the bat game's presentation is phenomenal. It's heavily inspired by Persona 5 style, there's no denying that, but it's extremely polished and good looking.

About the combat, yeah, initial impressions aren't the best. Felt stylish, but pretty soulless and easy, even on challenging. Enemies feel way too static.

And don't get me started on the 90% kiddy / furry roster. Yeah, don't like that direction one bit.

Anyway, I'll play it a bit more to see if the combat somehow takes a spin that doesn't take too long to happen.

You should know better then most that combat in these games always starts out brain dead easy, it’s not like Genshin was any different.

I’d like to see mash mash mash qte in the later levels of Shiyu Defense lol

Edit
SSfox SSfox
Yes, Nicole’s entry has that Queen aura for days, I love it.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

You should know better then most that combat in these games always starts out brain dead easy, it’s not like Genshin was any different.

I’d like to see mash mash mash qte in the later levels of Shiyu Defense lol

Edit
SSfox SSfox
Yes, Nicole’s entry has that Queen aura for days, I love it.

True, but in comparison Wuthering Waves at the beginning felt more challenging than this in my opinion 🤷.

Like I said, I need to get more time with the game. But early impressions are a mixed bag for me.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I got Soldier 11 with literally my first 10-pull and since then the 2 S ranks Ive pulled have just been these dumb balls. Im sure I will appreciate them at some point. Anyway just started the ch 2 Belobog story and at this point I can say I really love this game.

Wuthering waves definitely has more engaging and complex combat, but ZZZ is definitely no slouch the more you get into it, there's like 60 hours of content here for the initial release, and the more difficult stuff doesn't open until much later in the game; once you get the first rally commission you'll feel a bit of a bump, and then when hollow zero opens up tactics become much more important.

april6e

That feel when all three of my party members need a boss material I don't have access to because I've been adulting and couldn't speed thru the story in time to get to that story boss two weeks in a row.

I got AT LAST the shark girl, in the 81st pull, goddammit. This time I didn't lose 50/50, a kind of miracle.

Anyway, Piper +2 is my main DPS right now, her anomaly stack is very powerful. I should start using my Anton +5 and Soukaku +4 soon, too. Anton looks good enough and I have no electric options other than Anby.

The difficulty increases quite a bit for later challenges, combats can get pretty hectic.

Doom85

I got AT LAST the shark girl, in the 81st pull, goddammit. This time I didn't lose 50/50, a kind of miracle.

Not a miracle, actually. When you lose a 50/50, your next 5 star on a limited banner is guaranteed to be the limited character. So you can never lose a 50/50 twice in a row, at least in Hoyo games.

Not a miracle, actually. When you lose a 50/50, your next 5 star on a limited banner is guaranteed to be the limited character. So you can never lose a 50/50 twice in a row, at least in Hoyo games.

It's my first time getting an S character in the exclusive banner, so I could miss it, which is my usual misery in Hoyo games.

Doom85

It's my first time getting an S character in the exclusive banner, so I could miss it, which is my usual misery in Hoyo games.

Ah, gotcha. When you said “this time I didn’t lose”, I had assumed you meant this banner in particular.

Last edited:

I got the werewolf S rank twice. Not my type of character. :(

The upside to that is I also got the shark girl and the other ice ability A rank character, which should eventually mean I'll have a great secondary team, because they're supposed to be the most effective team in the game right now. I still enjoy playing with the starting characters more, though.

And it took around 12 to 15 hours for the game to actually get challenging, which mostly happens outside of story missions. That's a while for most games, but nothing when you think about how many hours a game like this can last.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
But that's potentially 180 tries and who knows how many more after that, man. You are better off unlocking stable more S/A rank characters with 15% chance, but of course nothing can save you from duplicates.

And it took around 12 to 15 hours for the game to actually get challenging, which mostly happens outside of story missions.
You'll eventually unlock even harder difficulty with more stronger 30 lvl enemies in the prologe, probably 35 lvl in the second chapter and 45 in the third one, so you can replay the story with much stronger enemies.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game is pretty cool indeed, but I've uninstalled it since I really don't enjoy the FOMO gacha stuff: daily stuff, having to be on the lookout codes, limited time events and stuff, and ofc limited time characters. Don't really like any of that.

Hope they release an SP game some day without any of all that stuff.

Game's super cool tho, has a ton of style and the gameplay, while simple, looks and plays very nice.

Aenima

Some gameplay leaks for 3 upcoming characters. All from the PubSec faction.

Jane Doe / Physical damage/ Anomaly (Seems like a better Piper), (Do want, looks great)

Qingyi / Electric damage / Stun (Seems like a better and faster Anby), (prob skip for me to save polychromes to someone else)

Seth Lowell / Electric Damage / Defender (Seems useless cuz i still dont know where defenders are usefull in this game), (easy skip but he is a A rated char so will be bundled in one of the S rated girls banners)

Last edited:

Yamisan

I never get bored of these brief character intros after loading into a battle.

Also, this particular entrance music is so fucking dope.

Got Soldier 11 as my first S rank, she has nice arm pits.

Skip the three of them. It's hilarious the treatment of the poor A guy beside the female S characters. They will do the same with the foxy samurai girl, the huge mama with pink hair and some other dude nobody wants but will become the most pulled.

Moochi

I really want a premium game with this style animation, music, and combat. It's so good. But then there are 500 menus and annoyances like that. Someone make a real AAA ZZZ for console please.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Compared to other hoyo games, ZZZ is very stingy. Let's see when there are more events and weekly stuff in place but right now F2P is harsher than in their other games.
I haven't played their other games. But it feels like you get them very rarely in zzz. You should at least get something if you log in several days in a row or something similar.

Top Bottom