• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives Aenima Aenima R Reizo Ryuu Angry_Megalodon Angry_Megalodon I've managed to save 8200 poly + 11 exlusive tapes so far = 61 searches with 29 left for the full Zhu banner. Not sure if I'll manage to get 29 more before Zhu drops on 24th but we'll see.

About the game now and what's next. I think they're in big, BIG trouble when it comes to keeping people's interest (I mean those who still playing the game) cuz of a few things.

1) They're super effin' stingy with rewards and so people won't be able to unlock more characters fast even if they're still playing the game and not playing anything - clearly it was designed with ton of MTX sales in mind

2) Getting new characters in a game like this is CRUCIAL, just like in any Persona game, but if in Persona you can't get all the roster via Story progression, here and in ZZZ it's tied to super stingy rewards and you'll never have enough to unlock all characters and even then it's not a guarantee that you'll like them, but there's more

3) We don't know yet what are their plans look like when it comes to new story content and such, but if they're going to work on it for months and will only rely on small events and releasing new characters which you can't even unlock at all depending on your luck, it's going to kill the game

4) Even if most of the hard and endgame content is far better than the story missions and 90% of the side stuff, it's one way ride cuz when you complete them, it's all over cuz you got all the rewards and honestly, how many people will even get to that part?

5) They lost a lot of people cuz they weren't expecting extremely slow paced, very compact and restricted Persona-like game, which is vastly different than Genshin and HSR with open world, way more freedom and other stuff, so, these people are never going to come back, it's just a fact

6) They need to tone down the TV stuff significantly and I'm talking about exploration missions and just regular side quest here cuz they're all horrible and boring, where as rogue-like stuff and especially other stuff with lite puzzles and much more alive levels later on is THE SHIT and the best contend in the game!

7) They need to totaly get rid of the explorations TV stuff in side quest and make a complete overhaul, add more varied rogue-like stuff to absolutely every exploration mission and the rest of the side quest, add more puzzles there, hidden stuff to find in the levels (not TV), mix all of this shit together with cool and well directed cutscenes and exciting stuff to see, cuz otherwise and what they're doing with side quests in the game will also kill it, I'll even go as far as to say that even people like us who still playing the game will be questioning what they're doing with their time if miHoYo won't do what needs to be done

8) Super stingyness must stop with the release of Zhu, unless they're complete and total idiots, cuz no amount of promo codes with BS 50/60 or even 100 polys will do anything good for the game

9) They should completely rework how channels work, they need to add SIGNIFICANTLY more rewards from drops which is not only characters and stupid ass garbage engines nobody ever using and dismanteling right away. I mean, WTF? Who though that it was a good idea to have only characters there which are super hard to unlock cuz of BS % drops and stupid and BS stuff nobody even uses? Sure, there's multiple battle passes, but... some people are paying for this shit, how on earth can you so not care about the people who give you money and only reward them with characters they can't even unlock and BS stuff they don't even need? Why are regulare tapes are so fuckin' rare as well? Why are you only get them via battle passes and stuff and not even close to the same amount as exlusive tapes? This is serioursly fucked up and also has very strong potential to kill the game

10) I think they shot themselves in the foot by making a game with this kind of design - extremely slow paces Persona-like game, cuz even though I and some of you guys like it, they just can't do much with this kind of game cuz it's very restrictive in terms of design and what they can do going forward. Let me explain. The world of the game is extremely small and at first and when you only start playing, you can see all this locked stuff one the map (all get to it) and it fools you into thinking that the world of the game is huge and there's probably so much more stuff to unlock, but no, it's the complete opposite. So there's only 2 hubs in the game, the first being the one you start the game in and then more open city area will unlock... and that's pretty much it. Sure, there's the outpost, construction site etc. but c'mon.

11) They need to add WAY more open areas and significantly expand the city and where you can go. They also need to get rid of the current and idiotic map menu with icons and design the actual and way better city map with districts and such you can select with a drop menu where you can choose locations with previews and such. I can't believe they launched the game with such a terrible map menu. I mean, how hard it is to draw a cool city map? Right now you can't even tell how the whole city looks like visualy and where you even are on it, it's just a bunch of stupid icons with more icons below.

I just can't see how this game will survive the next couple of months if they're not going to adress everything I've mentione above and FAST! Like, next week they need to start making vast changes already with Zhu's launch. But whay to you guys thing about any of this or maybe you have something to add to what I've said and whant something else to see in the game and for miHoYo to change etc.?

I don't really agree with the tv stuff, I enjoy them quite a bit, it's one of the biggest appeal of hollow zero for me, it also has some of the best music thematically.
This song is thematically brilliant for giving that legendary hacker vibe that nobody knows how they are doing what they doing:

The combat part isn't as good as other combat tracks, but the exploration part really sets the tone and vibe.

I also don't think getting new characters is going to be crucial, you should just pull for whoever you like; you might do better in ice stages if you have ellen, but you can overcome a lot of things with just clever team composition, like when I earlier showed the screenshot of beating the ether shiyu defence with fire characters mismatch.

(more) open areas will definitely show up as the story progresses, but they really don't need to be much bigger than they are now, it allows them to keep focus and make everything nice and neatly designed, plus this game is combat focused like honkai, and I think it's cool how they designed the combat areas to be completely separate from the slice of life areas, which means best content is going to be the combat heavy ones, so hollow zero, shiyu defence, that one commission with 99 floors etc. so you can just jump in and do a run, instead of having to teleport to some area fighting mini boss and then waiting for it to respawn, or just heading into VR training to try new ideas, instead of having to run around finding random mobs and such; honkai does the same with the elysian realm and memorial battle and such, that's where the real meat of the game is.

As for stinginess, you're just going to have to make better choices on who to summon for, in the end they released a free game with 60+ hours of content, where the only source of income is them selling you the chance for a powerful character, which you don't need, but would be nice to have.

But anyway once you finish chapter 3 you'll get a survey, and then you'll get another survey when you hit level 35 or 38 or something, where you can let them know about all of this.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I also don't think getting new characters is going to be crucial, you should just pull for whoever you like; you might do better in ice stages if you have ellen, but you can overcome a lot of things with just clever team composition, like when I earlier showed the screenshot of beating the ether shiyu defence with fire characters mismatch.
What I mean by сrucial is that once you have a good team, it's just the same thing over and over again for however long until you have something new to play around with - a new character or multiple preferably. You're saying that I should just pull what I want, but it's not as easy as you think and even impossible until you do 300+ searches in the stable channel, so it's a matter of luck and nothing else until you get the option to choose and even after that nothing changes really. I'm playing the game each day, spent a lot of exclusive and regular tapes in the exclusive and stable channels, got a lot of duplicates and completely maxed out buffs of at least 3-4 characters and you're saying that I should just pull where it doesn't really matter cuz it's RNG and even without it there's unfair % towards the BS stuff you don't need and get a shit tone of.

You should be able to choose a character right from the start in the stable channel as it only changes which one you get, not the % of it happening, but they still decided to make it even harder while at the same time let you choose bangboos and from my experience, even if you chose which one you want, it is just as difficult to get it unless you're the luckiest human in the world. Also, just as a comparison, I got already 70% of all bangboos and quite a few duplicates to level them up, while I got only 3 (!!!) characters from the stable channel and 2 (!!!) of them you'll unlock via story (!!!) so it was a complete waste of tapes. They seriously fucked it up here and clearly the goal is to suck the most money out of us as possible without providing good rewards even, cuz outside of the characters there's literally nothing else and stuff for you to do more searches - this stuff only in the battle passes and even there it's droplets in the ocean with 40 polys even at 50-60th level of the battle passes, seriously?

Sure, you've other characters for free, but what if they're not as good or you just don't like them? I mean, there's at least 3 I don't like, not playing as them at all and won't be spending any resourced to do anything with them, but there's at least 2-3 characters I still not unlocked cuz of the reasons above and given that they're all S rank (I got only 2 S rank characters after playing for 2 weeks) so it's even harder to get them than the A ones. They're seriously fucked it up here and there's not way for you to get them all with the way how the game works unless you pay them money, tons of it. I mean, sure, maybe for you and others it's not a big deal to play as the same characters over and over, maybe you even like more of them, but it's not the case with everyone. You can unlock new skills, you can't unlock new abilities to play around with, there's only boring stats and buffs, so that's why I'm saying it is CRUCIAL for the players to have more characters to play around with and the ones they like, cuz it is the only way in ZZZ to have some resemblance of combat variety,

Also, I never died once in the game except when I decided to beat a mission 10 levels above me, cuz I never thought that it'd be impossible back then, but I learned that the hard way. So again and like I said, we don't know about their plans, but what you (and a lot of other people) will be doing after you done with the story and and with the end game content and if you don't want to grind to beat it all and unless you want to go through the story again on the harder difficulty? There's nothing else in the game to keep your and anyone elses interest and especially if you don't like some characters and don't care about leveling them up (which'll take a lot of time and resources). We'll see what they'll do next with Zhu, but if it'll be just new characters for a few months with not so interesting events with bad rewards and 50-60 polys and such... even more people will abandon the game, so it's in their interest to keep making the game better and less stingy, don't you think?

(more) open areas will definitely show up as the story progresses, but they really don't need to be much bigger than they are now, it allows them to keep focus and make everything nice and neatly designed, plus this game is combat focused like honkai, and I think it's cool how they designed the combat areas to be completely separate from the slice of life areas, which means best content is going to be the combat heavy ones, so hollow zero, shiyu defence, that one commission with 99 floors etc. so you can just jump in and do a run, instead of having to teleport to some area fighting mini boss and then waiting for it to respawn, or just heading into VR training to try new ideas, instead of having to run around finding random mobs and such; honkai does the same with the elysian realm and memorial battle and such, that's where the real meat of the game is.
I can only hope there'll be more areas of the city like the second hub, but I just don't see how they're going to do that with their current design. So, here's the thing, there's only so much they can do here, it's not open world, which means that they can't add dozens of big areas or even 5 more, maybe it'll be just a few (depends on how long the game will be live), but that's just one of the problems, the other one is content and it needs to be better than it is right now and I mean the side stuff, exploration etc. Hollow Zero, Shiyu Defence as well as clean up missions are already great and there'll be more, I like this stuff a lot, but the rest of the side content needs to be on par gameplay, variety and design-wise going forward imho.

don't really agree with the tv stuff, I enjoy them quite a bit, it's one of the biggest appeal of hollow zero for me, it also has some of the best music thematically.
I'm specifically talking about exploration missions and the side stuff in the city, not the roguelike TV stuff in the Hollow Zero (which is great). The worst part about the regular TV stuff is that it's super boring, way too long and not interesting at all, like this last mission in the bangboo event and there's more of this in the regular side stuff. It was nice at first for me, cuz like you said, you're not walking around long and the same corridors over and over with random battles and it saves a lot of time, but the more you play the game, it's just becomes very annoying, tedious and boring in comparison to Hollow Zero and clean up missions. That's why I don't like the TV stuff, but only bad TV stuff, not the roguelike ones.

As for stinginess, you're just going to have to make better choices on who to summon for, in the end they released a free game with 60+ hours of content, where the only source of income is them selling you the chance for a powerful character, which you don't need, but would be nice to have.
I already said that you can't choose characters before you do 300 searches which alone can take a few months if you're not going to pay like I won't be. And I get that the game is free and all that, but there's only so much time I can play with the same characters until it becomes boring and not very interesting or challenging. As for the characters, not even a lot of them are good, plus it depends on who you like or don't like. Would you be forcing yourself to use a character you don't like? And there's only so much content on the launch version, there's a lot of story which is good and I like it, but Idk how long I'll be playing after finishing the launch content I care about plus as I've said, I want to see some positive changes I've mentioned above not only because I want to, but it'll also will make the game better imho and will help them with new players as well.

But anyway once you finish chapter 3 you'll get a survey, and then you'll get another survey when you hit level 35 or 38 or something, where you can let them know about all of this.
I'm level 36 now, but I highly doubt they're going to listen to me cuz I'm not their target audience cuz I won't be paying anything, even ones. There's also a lot of people with + - the same views as mine out there so I don't think that I'll change anything. They already know what needs to be improved, toned down, added etc. it's just a matter of will they be doing what needs to be done or not. Some of the stuff I've mentioned and complained about above can be fixed, but there's other stuff which they'll never do cuz they're happy with how the game is right now with all its stinginess. There's two ways to go about it - fix it and make it better, or learn the hard way that it needs to be done to keep the game alive cuz at the end of the day it is still a game and there's only so much time you can play with the same things be it characters and such before it becomes a routine and not something cool and exciting in terms of gameplay variety.

Don't get me wrong, I like the story, setting and some of the cool end game stuff, but there's also a few things I don't like after playing the game for two weeks. It must and needs to be a better game cuz they've something great here but cuz of their stupid greed... they can and will ruin even the great stuff, cuz at the end of the day it won't matter if you'll be playing as the same characters all the time and there's no way to unlock the new ones faster without paying and even here they're not giving you enough for 10 searches, so that alone should tell you something about what they're doing and how.

have something to add to what I've said and want something else to see in the game and for miHoYo to change etc.?

I think Mihoyo will tackle some of these issues with the following:

- Implementing more events (arcade games, NPC quests, commissions, challenges) so players will get more currency by investing more time in the game. Rewards won't rise, though.

- Adding more free characters so players secure the minimum to assemble a variety of squads.

- I am not sure about expanding the city/map. They will add more areas, but those won't be interconnected. That's my guess. I would enlarge them to the size of HSR maps but I don't see that happening unless they get into serious trouble.

- I dig the TV system. I hope they add new puzzles and challenges. There's potential to do lot of things but I understand they don't want to overwhelm new players.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I think Mihoyo will tackle some of these issues with the following:

- Implementing more events (arcade games, NPC quests, commissions, challenges) so players will get more currency by investing more time in the game. Rewards won't rise, though.

- Adding more free characters so players secure the minimum to assemble a variety of squads.

- I am not sure about expanding the city/map. They will add more areas, but those won't be interconnected. That's my guess. I would enlarge them to the size of HSR maps but I don't see that happening unless they get into serious trouble.

- I dig the TV system. I hope they add new puzzles and challenges. There's potential to do lot of things but I understand they don't want to overwhelm new players.
I really hopes they do, cuz I want to play more and will, but at some point I'm going to hit the content wall and after that it's going to be the same daily stuff for rewards for who knows how long (events they released so far are small and not giving you good rewards in terms of polys and tapes) and with that and events in mind you'll be collecting polys and tapes for ages.

I think it's impossible to turn the game into open world cuz design they chose simply won't allow it, so the best we can hope for is the bigger areas like the second hub at best with smaller areas behind loading screens, which is fine by me cuz I like the second hub a lot and far more than the super small Sixth Street. But they need to make a city map with districts and such to replace the current "map".

As for characters, I think that everyone who appear in the launch version and in the story should be free unlocks through the story, like the rest of the characters from factions you'll unlock that way, they can lock behind signal searches faction leaders like Koleda for example, so they did and it's fine by me, but the rest should be free. Soldier 11 wasn't in the story and it's okay if I need to unlock her via channel search.

I'd love to see more arcade games, cuz I've played the two that are there for a while and had my fill. Character quests (including trust) are for sure coming as they don't even have them available for all of the characters at launch. But rewards must change cuz it's just not motivating at all to get the same rewards the more you progress battle passes.

It's just not how battle passes should work and work in other games, there must be more quantity of rewards the more you level up and what they have now is ridiculous cuz you get the same rewards by just doing daily stuff for a couple of min as you do by leveling up the battle pass to level 50. Not all battle passes are that bad, but at least 2 or 3 of them are right now.

I think they launched the game with a lot of placeholders / copy and pasted stuff in battle passes and didn't think everything through cuz of the lack of time or whatever, I can't explain it otherwise. But we'll see, it's only 3 days befor Zhu will drop and maybe they'll fix at least some of my issues with the game. Speaking of Zhu....

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
My luck is in deep shit when it comes to the stable channel. Just got Koleda again....:messenger_expressionless:

R51DOet.jpeg

You're saying that I should just pull what I want, but it's not as easy as you think and even impossible
What I mean here is the limited banner, and even though a new character shows up, you don't just summon for them just because they are new, summon for the ones you actually like, and ignore the stable channel completely aside from the free tapes you get, since those characters are on the limited banner as well; this will help save a lot of polychrome.

They aren't going to do a map, because a map means the available areas become locked in, now they can add practically an unlimited amount of new areas because cities are big places with hundreds, if not thousands of "streets"; the inter-knot posts already mention a bunch of other streets aside from sixth street.
Watch till the end 😅
The lyrics are pretty meta:
Lucky or not, at least you tried
chin up, in yourself confide
no doubt fate's on your side
you're chosen, so enjoy the ride
There are things you can't control
Fortune's fickle, that's it's role
Embrace the result, stop keeping score
That's the essence, life's true goal

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
They aren't going to do a map, because a map means the available areas become locked in, now they can add practically an unlimited amount of new areas because cities are big places with hundreds, if not thousands of "streets"; the inter-knot posts already mention a bunch of other streets aside from sixth street.
It doesn't make sense though. They can draw individual districts and make a temporary outline of the map, so unavailable stuff will be locked and can be changed later since it's a GaaS. It's super easy to draw a new map as the game will progress through its content updates, they don't need to design anything in 3D and such which will of course complicate things. I just think the current "map" screen is horrible and I mean sure, it's not a big deal, but it just doesn't suit the game and it's visual aesthetic at all, it looks more like a placeholder.

What I mean here is the limited banner, and even though a new character shows up, you don't just summon for them just because they are new, summon for the ones you actually like, and ignore the stable channel completely aside from the free tapes you get, since those characters are on the limited banner as well; this will help save a lot of polychrome.
But the stable channel let's you choose agents you want after 300 searches, exclusive one don't, that's the main appeal of the stable channel don't you think? The huge down side of course is the amount of poly you need to waste to even unlock the choice of agents. Depending on your luck, you can unlock exclusive agent early and then dump all the poly into the stable channel to unlock more agents, at least that's the idea unless you want to waste all the poly on duplicates which are not even guranteed and require you to pay a lot of money to get poly and search more.

Btw, have you tried the engine channel at all? Drop rates there are much higher than in other channels 70%. It's tempting.

Aenima

Btw, have you tried the engine channel at all? Drop rates there are much higher than in other channels 70%. It's tempting.
1st of all, if you are F2P, never spend your Polychromes on the normal banner. Your can earn and trade for Master tapes for the normal banner and thats the only currency you should use to pull on normal banner. As a F2P you should only use your Polychromes on the Limited Agent banner, and if the agent dosent interest you, just save them for the next one that might interest you.

W-Engines banner drop rates are still very low, but they have a better pitty system.

Limited Agent banner drop rate is 0.6% untill 90 pulls where you get a garanteed S rate characeter with 50% cance of being the Character from the banner.
W- Engine drop rate is 1% untill 80 pulls where you get a garanteed S rated engines with 75% change of being the engine from the banner.

Compared to the other 2 gacha games i play, ZZZ drop rates are 4 to 7 times lower. The pitty system is not too bad, they are just super stingy with resorces so after beating the game and spending your polys, you might have to wait 1 or 2 months untill you have enough polys to garantee another limited banner character, and by that i mean saving enough to do 180 pulls. I was never unlucky to reach the 180 pull though in hoyoverse games. I just do the math for worse case scenarios, cuz it can happen.

Aenima

I just reached Inter-Knot level 40 and hers a tip:

Do not do the quest to upgrade your Proxy level untill you beat all the stoty hard mode stages.

And the reason is when you upgrade ur Proxy level, the hard mode quests will increase in dificulty. SO for example im Lv40 and my characeters are maxed out at level 40, most of the hard mode quests are Lv 40 missions, if i upgraded my Proxy lelel now to next stage, i will be stucky with most characters at level 40 because lack of materials to level up them all, but the hard mode story missions would increase to Lv50 making them extreme hard to beat untill i rased my characters levels and skills.

So have that in mind before upgrading your Proxy level, if you have hard mode story quests to beat, just do them 1st to collect the rewards.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
1st of all, if you are F2P, never spend your Polychromes on the normal banner. Your can earn and trade for Master tapes for the normal banner and thats the only currency you should use to pull on normal banner. As a F2P you should only use your Polychromes on the Limited Agent banner, and if the agent dosent interest you, just save them for the next one that might interest you.

W-Engines banner drop rates are still very low, but they have a better pitty system.

Limited Agent banner drop rate is 0.6% untill 90 pulls where you get a garanteed S rate characeter with 50% cance of being the Character from the banner.
W- Engine drop rate is 1% untill 80 pulls where you get a garanteed S rated engines with 75% change of being the engine from the banner.

Compared to the other 2 gacha games i play, ZZZ drop rates are 4 to 7 times lower. The pitty system is not too bad, they are just super stingy with resorces so after beating the game and spending your polys, you might have to wait 1 or 2 months untill you have enough polys to garantee another limited banner character, and by that i mean saving enough to do 180 pulls. I was never unlucky to reach the 180 pull though in hoyoverse games. I just do the math for worse case scenarios, cuz it can happen.
So here's what I think I'll do next, if they'll only release Zhu, two other characters from N.E.P.S. they already announced and there won't be any new story content (chapter 4 or whatever) I just won't be searching for Zhu until the last few days of her banner and will just save poly for that moment.

But, like I said above, stable channel give you the option to choose characters you want and turn off RNG system for them, but given how stingy the game is for polys and regular tapes, it's kinda hard to justify spending poly on regular tapes. I'm already half way there for character select, but I won't be spending poly to buy regular tapes, even though it's really the best option cuz they're not giving you a lot of them for free and there's way too many high level stuff you need to get even 1.

I just reached Inter-Knot level 40 and hers a tip:

Do not do the quest to upgrade your Proxy level untill you beat all the stoty hard mode stages.

And the reason is when you upgrade ur Proxy level, the hard mode quests will increase in dificulty. SO for example im Lv40 and my characeters are maxed out at level 40, most of the hard mode quests are Lv 40 missions, if i upgraded my Proxy lelel now to next stage, i will be stucky with most characters at level 40 because lack of materials to level up them all, but the hard mode story missions would increase to Lv50 making them extreme hard to beat untill i rased my characters levels and skills.

So have that in mind before upgrading your Proxy level, if you have hard mode story quests to beat, just do them 1st to collect the rewards.
I'm at almost 38 and looks like about to start Chapter 3. Here's the thing about story hard mode, the rewards there are not worth it unless you REALLY want to replay the whole story again. So there's like BS 20 polys, 10 blank discs, 1 upgrade material and money you can get a ton of via other means. Hollow Zero battle pass has way better rewards.

Anyway, if I were to suggest what others should do it would probably wait and see if they'll change the game's BS stinginess and will reward us for our time with a much better quantity of stuff, cuz as it stands eight now it's just a waste of time imho.

Last edited:
Beware, the character selector only works once. It's like a "welcome" thing, but so fucking stingy that it feels almost endgame. In generous gachas they lower it to 100 pulls or so but that's once and done.

I would leave that for the monthly movies you get from the store. In HSR I got my select character after one year of playing.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Beware, the character selector only works once. It's like a "welcome" thing, but so fucking stingy that it feels almost endgame.
WHAT!

DA!!

FAQ!!!?

giphy.gif

So it's not working like bangboo channel where you can indefinitely choose which bangboo to search for after getting the one you asked for?

I would leave that for the monthly movies you get from the store. In HSR I got my select character after one year of playing.
Huh, what do you mean? What monthly movies from the store?

Last edited:
WHAT!

DA!!

FAQ!!!?

giphy.gif

So it's not working like bangboo channel where you can indefinitely choose which bangboo to search for after getting the one you asked for?

Huh, what do you mean? What monthly movies from the store?

This feature, called Additional Recruitment, is only available once per account. It is permanently available until an Agent is chosen. Players can keep track of their progress with the Signal Search Bar in the bottom-right of the Stable Channel Interface, or by choosing to view the "Selectable Agents" menu. From this menu, players can select different Agents to preview basic stats, skills, and other information.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

This feature, called Additional Recruitment, is only available once per account. It is permanently available until an Agent is chosen. Players can keep track of their progress with the Signal Search Bar in the bottom-right of the Stable Channel Interface, or by choosing to view the "Selectable Agents" menu. From this menu, players can select different Agents to preview basic stats, skills, and other information.
giphy.gif

Well, I guess since I half way there I might as well get this feature ready for the future in case I really need some agent I just can't get after 90 searches in the exclusive channel. This is so fucked up beyond believe.

Are they seriously think that such level on BS stinginess will benefit the game's future and player base? WTF where they thinking? The amount of greed is off the charts here.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Finally got the Shark Girl; took me almost 180 pulls though. 😳 I really do hope the 50/50 for Zhu Yuan's banner will go better than it did with Ellen's because I'm almost 100% positive I won't be able to save up 180 pulls, and my RNG in this game has been dogshit so far lol.

Anyway, very relieved that I got her. I also C6 both Soukaku and Anton, lol.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Finally got the Shark Girl; took me almost 180 pulls though. 😳
Congrats!(y):messenger_grinning:

I never even got my 50/50 and got her during the first 90 searches, so I guess I have to start over with Zhu and something tells me I won't be so lucky next time, if you can even call this luck.

I really do hope the 50/50 for Zhu Yuan's banner will go better than it did with Ellen's because I'm almost 100% positive I won't be able to save up 180 pulls, and my RNG in this game has been dogshit so far lol.

Soukaku is really good, level her up, she's the only character with Ice and Support and has great AOE freeze attacks and ICE build up in combination with Ellen and pinguin Bangboo especially, it is the best options if you don't have the wolf guy.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Congrats!(y):messenger_grinning:

I never even got my 50/50 and got her during the first 90 searches, so I guess I have to start over with Zhu and something tells me I won't be so lucky next time, if you can even call this luck.
Thanks, dude! After not getting her at the 50/50 soft pity, I was a bit bummed out as I thought there wasn't enough time to get her. But I managed to pull through in the end. That said, fingers crossed to us both with Zhu! :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Soukaku is really good, level her up, she's the only character with Ice and Support and has great AOE freeze attacks and ICE build up in combination with Ellen and pinguin Bangboo especially, it is the best options if you don't have the wolf guy.
Yeah, I have her maxed for the proxy lvl I'm at and I've been using Soukaku in my main team for a while now. She does a great job in her support role. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Aenima

Finally got the Shark Girl; took me almost 180 pulls though. 😳 I really do hope the 50/50 for Zhu Yuan's banner will go better than it did with Ellen's because I'm almost 100% positive I won't be able to save up 180 pulls, and my RNG in this game has been dogshit so far lol.

Another stingy thing is that in ZZZ they got rid of the 4 star character alongside the 5 star character when you do a garanteed 10 pull. For example in Genshin you always get a 4 star character every 10 pull, and when you reach the pitty you get the 5 star character + a 4 star character from the 10 pull, but in ZZZ when you reach pitty you only get the 5 star (S rank) character and the 4 star is no longer garanteed in the pitty pull even if its a 10 pull that should garantee a 4 star, as it shows in your video where only the S rank drops and no A rank even if it was a 10 pull.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Another stingy thing is that in ZZZ they got rid of the 4 star character alongside the 5 star character when you do a garanteed 10 pull. For example in Genshin you always get a 4 star character every 10 pull, and when you reach the pitty you get the 5 star character + a 4 star character from the 10 pull, but in ZZZ when you reach pitty you only get the 5 star (S rank) character and the 4 star is no longer garanteed in the pitty pull even if its a 10 pull that should garantee a 4 star, as it shows in your video where only the S rank drops and no A rank even if it was a 10 pull.
Yeah, this gacha system they've implemented in ZZZ is quite stingy, but not much you can do... Anyway, leaving this funny Qingyi video here. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

John Bilbo

The game is flashy, the style and animations are very pleasant and the soundtrack is vibrant.

The gameplay is simple but I can see the addictiveness of it due to the audiovisual feedback.

They can draw individual districts and make a temporary outline of the map, so unavailable stuff will be locked and can be changed later since it's a GaaS
Once a map is drawn the area is what it is and can only add to it, as in making it bigger and bigger. No map means there's an unlimited number of possible areas, because you don't have to figure out where everything fits as you keep adding to it; I'm sure they'll add some kind of submenu to the travel selection once we get more sections and it becomes impractical to scroll them all.

But that's why I mentioned the survey, they specifically ask about feedback for their "ease of travel" system.

And no I haven't tried the gear channel, you should only summon on it if you got the limited character and have resources left over, but even then only if you really, really like the limited character; it may not be optimal but a lot of w-engines are actually very usable for multiple characters, koleda's w-engine for instance works great on anby and lycoan as well, soldier 11's w-engine should be strong on zhu yuan as well etc.
I also C6 both Soukaku
The actual real prize :messenger_winking:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll add to what you said also this - there's not even enough 4 star characters in the game (duplicates don't count) which are not available for free, there's like 10% of 4 star caracters (you'll get them all via story and some of them are even useless cuz you can't even pair them with anyone to make them, their skills and buffs shine) and 90% of 5 star characters and they're harder to get which was made on purpose, as pretty much everything else in the game related to signal searches, stingy rewards and such. All of this was made and designed specifically that way, so that people will pay them a lot of money or else they'll be saving resources for months on end without paying a dime.

Once a map is drawn the area is what it is and can only add to it, as in making it bigger and bigger. No map means there's an unlimited number of possible areas, because you don't have to figure out where everything fits as you keep adding to it; I'm sure they'll add some kind of submenu to the travel selection once we get more sections and it becomes impractical to scroll them all.
If I'll have time, I'll try do make a template of what I think will be much better than what's in the game right now without drawing an actual map.

But that's why I mentioned the survey, they specifically ask about feedback for their "ease of travel" system.
Even it they won't listen to me, I'll use the fuck out of it.

And no I haven't tried the gear channel, you should only summon on it if you got the limited character and have resources left over, but even then only if you really, really like the limited character; it may not be optimal but a lot of w-engines are actually very usable for multiple characters, koleda's w-engine for instance works great on anby and lycoan as well, soldier 11's w-engine should be strong on zhu yuan as well etc.
That's the plan, but we all at the mercy of RNG here and super stigy systems in the game. That's why I decided to search for Zhu a few days before they'll launch a new character, that way and depending on RNG, I'll have plenty of resources and poly to maybe invest into the stable channel to get the select agent feature ready for the future :messenger_relieved:

Furthermore, I'll be gathering resources for level ups, skill / W-Engine / Disc upgrades and such for Zhu (and others) in the meantime so that when and if I get her, I'll max her out immediately as well as maybe other agents I might get or not after 90 searches. I've plenty of currency you get after searches aleardy so that's my reserve in case there won't be any other way to get more skill upgrades and such for characters as well as Bangboos and I'll get even more after 90 searches.

So yeah, after chapter 3 and agent stories I've a plan for the next month, which for the most part will be dailies, spending battery and maybe events, cuz they 100% will not release a huge story content for a while and for at least a couple of months+.

Last edited:

Felessan

It's standard for Mihoyo games (Genshin, HSR) and I would say that it's pretty balanced
Chances a bit higher than stated as there is a soft pity in place (for characters % start to build up from 74 pull and it's rare to get S on exactly 90 roll)
Getting character in ~3 banners, often with weapon is a normal pace. It gives you enough variety and characters and leave enough incentive for whose who pay

If they want the best for this game and its community of people who continue playing it and plan to play more - they better listen, cuz the word of mouth is a powerful thing and cannot be underestimated.
Good luck. I've played all of their games and they are all pretty much the same as far as some of your complaints go. Gameplay is obviously different between each one. I don't think anything will change they have a template and it seems to be working out well for them.

Felessan

Don't get your hopes too high about gatcha, currency rewards, speed of characters aquisition etc
Core structure is the same with HSR and Genshin and those two proves (25m and 55m MAU) that this structure works just fine

My only concern for now is a more convenient "map", even list of actual names in text would help. I don't want to memorize every picture to understand where to go.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
M mayham2199 Felessan Felessan Well, I had to tell them what I think regardless of what they'll do or not. Plus, I didn't only mention stinginess, greed and such, but everything else regarding gameplay, design, combat, side stuff... pretty much everything you can think of and can be improved, cut down, added etc. It's in their interest to make the game better and improve it, otherwise they wouldn't ask us at all what we think about the game, various aspects of it, why do we think the way we do etc. But of course, I'll keep my expectations in check.

Last edited:

Aenima

Don't get your hopes too high about gatcha, currency rewards, speed of characters aquisition etc
Core structure is the same with HSR and Genshin and those two proves (25m and 55m MAU) that this structure works just fine

My only concern for now is a more convenient "map", even list of actual names in text would help. I don't want to memorize every picture to understand where to go.
Thats the actual problem. Hoyoverse is so sucessfull that they will not do anything to improve the game to F2P players. I really dont care cuz at the end of the day when im fed up with they greed i just drop it and keep playing the gachas that keep me entertained. Thats why i droped Genshin, thats why i droped HSR. And i find Genshin to be a much better game than both HSR and ZZZ.

Right now ZZZ still entertain me, but once the currency runs out and thers no more content to farm currency and i have to wait months to garantee a new character, thats when i drop it.

Aenima

Hoyo needs serious competition. That's why I feel so bad about WW being just a "darker" Genshin. They should have done their own thing instead of following Hoyo steps.
Hopefully Project Mugen delivers. And even NTE is making me more excited than anything Hoyoverse has now. The problem is that Project Mugen is in sillent mode and no one know news about it, and NTE just got announced and its still far from release.

I have seen alot of positive feedback regarding WW. Waiting for it to drop on PS5 to try it out.

Just looking at this thread convinced me I gotta watch some things i wish i knew videos. No idea what you guys are talking about. ha! I've only downloaded the game so far.

Doom85

I dropped Genshin after a few months, but have played to this day Star Rail since launch. Feels weird people here are lumping them together since most people elsewhere agree Star Rail is far more generous with rewards than Genshin. When they flat out gave away Dr. Ratio, the new limited 5 star, for free due to winning Best Movile at the TGA, the meme “Genshin Could Never” became quite popular in the community.

And to be blunt, if you are actually FTP, then why would they care if you drop it? The people who spend any amount of money are those supporting the game at the end of the day. It’s not like it’s morally wrong or something to be completely FTP, that’s fine, but it’s nonsensical to go, “I haven’t given you a dime and still gotten to play a good deal of your game, but I will shame you for not giving me even more!”

I can’t speak for Zenless as I’m still not super far into it probably, but people actually be tripping if they say Star Rail doesn’t give you enough without paying for a decent amount of characters.

Trailblazer (who has three different playable forms now if you’ve caught up on the main story, so they’re really three characters albeit you can only use one at a time obviously), March 7th, base Dan Heng, Herta, and Natasha are all given to you just for playing the story (and Trailblazer and Herta can get all six of their Eidolons through story/events/side quests and Simulated Universe respectively). Lynx and Xueyi were given away for doing certain events (probably one or two others I’m forgetting). Several events have had a 4 star selector from four different options. Dr. Ratio was given away for simply logging in.

So that’s eight guaranteed characters (one of whom has three completely different elements/playstyles), and several other 4 star options. Plus all the pulls given for free since playing from day one which would be a TON at this point. Anyone who’s been playing since day one, consistently doing their dailies/weekly SU runs, events, getting their free 10 limited pulls every update every six weeks, getting their 5 limited and 5 standard pulls every month in the “in-game currency” section of the store (as well as the store section where you can use currency you get from any 4 and 5 star pulls to buy more pulls, though you may want to save for certain Light Cones) and all the main story/events should be DROWNING in character options by this point.

Felessan

Thats the actual problem. Hoyoverse is so sucessfull that they will not do anything to improve the game to F2P players.
I really don't see what should be improved for F2P players. From reasonable point of view where player interest and business interest both taken into account.
You get just enough freebies to get full basic set (character and weapon) every about 3 banners, i.e. every 2-2.5 months.
It's might be frustrating at the start of the game when you have little roster and at mercy of random and all those shiny special S are out of reach, but in 6 months it all evens out, you got 2-3 S characters you like and A characters no longer an issue. And banners start to rerun so it's not even you got 1 out of 3 characters and you can always grab character that you wanted but skipped due to lack of rolls
Mihoyo games starting from Genshin are easy and casual - you don't need every characters, you don't need doubles, just reasonably strong setup like Ellen, Soukaku and stunner can carry you for a very long time

I dropped Genshin because I didn't like Indian/Arabian and than European themes, and HSR because combat and sidestories are just too boring, but I never had problems with roster in both games.

Aenima

I really don't see what should be improved for F2P players. From reasonable point of view where player interest and business interest both taken into account.
You get just enough freebies to get full basic set (character and weapon) every about 3 banners, i.e. every 2-2.5 months.
You probably never played Nikke or Brown Dust 2 if you think Hoyoverse drop rates are reasonable and they freebies are good for F2P.

Nikke has a 4% drop rate, most characters are added to the normal banner, the normal banner has a wishlist where you pick 15 characters and when you pull on normal banner you only get one of those 15 characters. You have milliage tickets (the pitty system) where you can straigh up trade the tickets for the banner character without pulling. Thers no weapon banners and no need for dupes. You can reroll the sub-stats of your 4 armor pieces compared to your 6 engine disks you need that you cant reroll the substats. Thers friendship banners where your friends send you friendship points each day and you can pull on the frienship banner for a 2% drop rate to get any normal character. Thers molds, thats you earn from various game modes that can be converted into random characters with a 61% chance of being a top rated character. During the anniversary and 1.5 anniversary events they gave away a free character and dupes for that character and more than 150 free pulls. They have events every 2-3 weeks where you get a minimum of 20 pulls from the event shop. How much pulls did the events from ZZZ gave so far? Crumbles.

Brown Dust 2 is the same as Nikke, probably because both studios are Korean, just lower drop rates but they are even more generous with the amount of free pulls they give away.

Its a night and day kind of diference to how much stingy Hoyoverse is compared to other gacha games out there.

Just to put into perspective, Nikke is out for more than 1 and half year and has more than 100 characters. Im 100% F2P and im only missing 2 characters that are not limited or from colabs (I usually skip those, unless they look hot)

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hoyo needs serious competition. That's why I feel so bad about WW being just a "darker" Genshin. They should have done their own thing instead of following Hoyo steps.
It's coming, but it'll take time for the games to release and for updates to bring them to a state where they're better than miHoYo games or at the very least be extremely competive, be more generous and.... just be better. It's a matter of time, not if.

You probably never played Nikke or Brown Dust 2 if you think Hoyoverse drop rates are reasonable and they freebies are good for F2P.

Nikke has a 4% drop rate, most characters are added to the normal banner, the normal banner has a wishlist where you pick 15 characters and when you pull on normal banner you only get one of those 15 characters. You have milliage tickets (the pitty system) where you can straigh up trade the tickets for the banner character without pulling. Thers no weapon banners and no need for dupes. You can reroll the sub-stats of your 4 armor pieces compared to your 6 engine disks you need that you cant reroll the substats. Thers friendship banners where your friends send you friendship points each day and you can pull on the frienship banner for a 2% drop rate to get any normal character. Thers molds, thats you earn from various game modes that can be converted into random characters with a 61% chance of being a top rated character. During the anniversary and 1.5 anniversary events they gave away a free character and dupes for that character and more than 150 free pulls. They have events every 2-3 weeks where you get a minimum of 20 pulls from the event shop. How much pulls did the events from ZZZ gave so far? Crumbles.

Brown Dust 2 is the same as Nikke, probably because both studios are Korean, just lower drop rates but they are even more generous with the amount of free pulls they give away.

Its a night and day kind of diference to how much stingy Hoyoverse is compared to other gacha games out there.

Just to put into perspective, Nikke is out for more than 1 and half year and has more than 100 characters. Im 100% F2P and im only missing 2 characters that are not limited or from colabs (I usually skip those, unless they look hot)
Forget about what I've said Angry_Megalodon Angry_Megalodon , the competition is already here, miHoYo just don't give a fuck:messenger_expressionless:
Just looking at this thread convinced me I gotta watch some things i wish i knew videos. No idea what you guys are talking about. ha! I've only downloaded the game so far.
You'll understand when you've played the game enough:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:
Top Bottom