• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's so annoying that dupes make that difference when the game is so stingy.
Except when it comes to S rank characters - I got only one dupe of Koleda and maxed out 3 A rank characters with dupes since launch.

I'd much rather get a new character instead of dupe to finally build a team around Electric or Ether damage, but nope, here comes another dupe I don't care about. The worst part about it is that they'll launch Zhu alongside higher chances for dupes I don't care about, so instead of getting new S rank characters I don't have, I'll get BS dupes with higher drop rate. Fuckin' hell.

I'm sure they did that on purpose cuz who in the world likes Ben and for what? UGH:messenger_face_steam:

P.S. Here's everything you need to level-up and upgrade Zhu's skills and passives - https://www.eurogamer.net/zenless-zone-zero-zhu-yuan-materials-promotion-skills-kit-mindscape-cinema Looks like I have to get at least 15 Ethereal Pursuits to start with and I don't have any, better start working on fixing this.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
OLs53fN.jpeg

Hi, Proxies!

Since the official release of Zenless Zone Zero, many enthusiastic Proxies have been attracted to New Eridu to visit and explore. We would like to thank each and every Proxy for their interest and support!
As a creative team eager to showcase our unique style and content to every player, we're constantly thinking about how to shape the city of New Eridu and bring its daily life closer to everyone. Every time we see how the characters and stories resonate with you and how eagerly you are waiting for more new content, we truly feel that the city is becoming more real and alive.

Throughout this journey, we have also realized that many areas in the game need further refinement and optimization. We have received invaluable feedback from you, such as improving the connection between the HDD TV mode and combat experience, offering more diverse and challenging combat options, and optimizing some repetitive exploration experiences.

In the first issue of the "Ridu Renovation Talk," we'd love to discuss some of the main issues raised in your feedback and share our current plans for optimizing the game and future updates.

Optimizations expected to be implemented in Version 1.1:

In terms of the narrative experience, in the latest story missions of Version 1.1, for the first time, you will be able to interact with New Eridu's neighborhoods and fight through levels to advance the story's progress from the perspective of the mission's protagonist.
2. A button for "Manual Chain Attack" mode will be added to the squad lineup interface before entering combat. In this mode, after Stunning an enemy, your actions will not trigger other Agents' Chain Attacks. Additionally, a "Cancel Chain Attack Combo" function will be added to combat, allowing you to choose whether to use the "Manual Chain Attack" mode according to your preferences.
3. In terms of combat, we have added a series of challenging combat missions and game modes that will be continuously updated. All Proxies are welcome to try them out in the new version.
4. In Shiyu Defense, we have improved the display of enemies' attribute resistances, making it easier for you to select suitable Agents for each challenge.
5. After unlocking a new Agent, the Inter-Knot avatar of that Agent will be automatically unlocked. Now you can select your favorite Agent as your Inter-Knot avatar.
6. The battle menu interface on mobile devices will allow you to customize certain UI buttons within a preset plan, so you can choose the controls that best suit your playstyle.

Optimizations expected to be implemented in Version 1.2:

For completed Story Commissions and Exploration Commissions with uncollected rewards, we will be adding a "Fairy Assistance" feature (temporary name). Once you meet certain requirements, you can hand over these missions to Fairy and receive all the uncollected commission rewards after a set period of time.
2. While exploring the "Monitor Array" the automatic accelerated playback, when enabled, will not be interrupted by other events. Additionally, the animation playback speed for some events will be increased, providing a smoother gaming experience.
3. A "Preset Lineup" feature will be added. You will also be able to choose whether to include Bangboo in your lineup for battle commissions. The lineup controls before the "Shiyu Defense" will also be optimized.
4. The entrance location for Agent Training will be adjusted, and repeated combat stages will be added, making it easier to access training and familiarize yourself with Agent-specific controls.
5. After reaching a certain Inter-Knot level, a feature that allows you to freely change the time will be unlocked, making it more convenient to adjust the in-game time.
6. Based on your feedback, we have optimized the background brightness in some commissions.

Optimizations expected to be implemented in later versions:

Currently, you can only control Wise or Belle in the city instead of other Agents you have obtained. In the Special Program Livestreams of later versions, we will announce our current progress and future plans. Please stay tuned!
2. We will be continuously improving the models for some Agents to provide Proxies with an improved visual experience.
3. We will continuously optimize the interface interaction experience and combat interface UI. All Proxies are welcome to explore the game further and let us know your suggestions.

The above is just part of our optimization plans. We will continue to pay attention to your gaming experience and further refine the game. We will keep adding more fun and challenging combat elements and adjusting the balance of the different game modes.
We are aware that there is still much room for our team to grow and develop. Together with you, we hope to build New Eridu into the city of your dreams. Please continue to share your thoughts with us through our official feedback channels!

Spyxos

Gold Member
I actually got the new character in just 30 cassettes. Unfortunately, the problem is that I get tendonitis from the game and won't be playing any more. The opponents can withstand far too much here. It would be cool if the opponents were harder but not so extremely tanky in the future.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, what can I say...

lBTx9OW.jpeg
v6nnJa9.jpeg

bqUnXzd.jpeg

FSKRk4D.jpeg

zVlgz2B.jpeg

39bfzSX.jpeg
gQ7yuRl.jpeg

It's the second time in a row that I got a character in the exclusive channel within the first 90 searches:messenger_peace::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Anyway, my Ether team is ready for the harder Shiyu Defense missions now, it's just needs a little bit of tuning with S Rank discs which can be farmed (thank god for 10 free batteries this morning) and then when I'll unlock S Rank Disc tuning at level 40, I'll optimize Zhu and Nicole even more, which I can finally use in combat as a support unit, thank god.

Also, since I subbed for a month and will continue doing that until there's a reason not to, I'll have 2700 polys every month + what I'll manage to get for free in game and save during the next 20 days. Not sure what I'll be doing with the polys though, but getting this sweet ass Zhu engine sure is tempting:messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Damn, the policewoman is Ether and I only have Nicole. Skip, anyway. Gotta be strong.
Are you sure? The problem with Nicole is that she's useless without other Ether DPS agents in your team to do high Ether damage with Nicole to support them and herself with the buffs she has + S Rank Discs you can use in combination to get different effects.

There's a lot of high level Ether missions in the endgame.... are you planning to brute force them with other agents? I've tried and it's not a great experience, even with the Ice team and it's hard to get all the rewards and get the S Rank.

There's also Rina of course, but she's a Support unit just like Nicole and not a high Ether DPS agent like Zhu.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
That gyatt though

ux6OGqp.gif

RN1kV1x.gif
Zhu is just straight up the best looking playable agent in the game for now, period:messenger_smiling_hearts:

Not to mention that she's an adult in the sea of kids and teen agents in the game and that's a huge plus in my book!(y)

It's good to know that there's at least 2 more adult agents (Miyabi and Jane) coming soon. I hope I'll get Rina at some point along with Lycaon🤞:messenger_relieved:

Well, what can I say...

lBTx9OW.jpeg
v6nnJa9.jpeg

bqUnXzd.jpeg

FSKRk4D.jpeg

zVlgz2B.jpeg

39bfzSX.jpeg
gQ7yuRl.jpeg

It's the second time in a row that I got a character in the exclusive channel within the first 90 searches:messenger_peace::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Anyway, my Ether team is ready for the harder Shiyu Defense missions now, it's just needs a little bit of tuning with S Rank discs which can be farmed (thank god for 10 free batteries this morning) and then when I'll unlock S Rank Disc tuning at level 40, I'll optimize Zhu and Nicole even more, which I can finally use in combat as a support unit, thank god.

Also, since I subbed for a month and will continue doing that until there's a reason not to, I'll have 2700 polys every month + what I'll manage to get for free in game and save during the next 20 days. Not sure what I'll be doing with the polys though, but getting this sweet ass Zhu engine sure is tempting:messenger_beaming:

You must be in a different timezone. I still have like 3 hours until the new character releases.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You must be in a different timezone. I still have like 3 hours until the new character releases.
Well, good luck!:messenger_waving::messenger_grinning:

Now that I think about it folks....:pie_thinking:

....it looks like I got Zhu cuz I won 50/50, cuz I remember now that before her I got dupe of Koleda when Ellen was still available, which means that after that I got 50/50 chance to get Ellen again or other S rank agents which are available in exclusive channel. Well, I guess I have to start over with the 90 searches again:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Well, good luck!:messenger_waving::messenger_grinning:

Now that I think about it folks....:pie_thinking:

....it looks like I got Zhu cuz I won 50/50, cuz I remember now that before her I got dupe of Koleda when Ellen was still available, which means that after that I got 50/50 chance to get Ellen again or other S rank agents which are available in exclusive channel. Well, I guess I have to start over with the 90 searches again:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

You can only lose the 50/50 one time. After that you are guaranteed whatever S rank character is on the banner. I'm not going to really try and get Zhu I'm cool without her. I have teams I want so I'll just keep pulling and I get what I get.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You can only lose the 50/50 one time. After that you are guaranteed whatever S rank character is on the banner.
So my first S rank was Koleda (stable channel), then I got Ellen (exclusive channel), then Koleda again (exclusive channel). Where I am now with the chances then?

I'm not going to really try and get Zhu I'm cool without her. I have teams I want so I'll just keep pulling and I get what I get.
main-qimg-cc2201624497ce27da9fc0190dcffe8b

Last edited:

Yamisan

Zhu is just straight up the best looking playable agent in the game for now, period:messenger_smiling_hearts:

Not to mention that she's an adult in the sea of kids and teen agents in the game and that's a huge plus in my book!(y)

It's good to know that there's at least 2 more adult agents (Miyabi and Jane) coming soon. I hope I'll get Rina at some point along with Lycaon🤞:messenger_relieved:
Soldier's arm pits are better
iu

Last edited:

Aenima

So my first S rank was Koleda (stable channel), then I got Ellen (exclusive channel), then Koleda again (exclusive channel). Where I am now with the chances then?
In your case it means your next S Rate character from the exclusive banner will be the banner character 100% garanteed. And in case you dont like or dont want the current banner character that is Zhu Yuan now, you can wait untill a character you want/like appears in the exclusive banner then pull for that character and get it 100% garanteed as the pitty system transfers to the next banner.

Channels don't interact that way, stable channel is separate from the limited channel.
So you got ellen (limited), at a 50% chance so the odds don't change, then you got koleda (not limited) at a 50% chance, now the odds change and the next one will be 100% the limited character, and then it will go back to 50%.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
In your case it means your next S Rate character from the exclusive banner will be the banner character 100% garanteed. And in case you dont like or dont want the current banner character that is Zhu Yuan now, you can wait untill a character you want/like appears in the exclusive banner then pull for that character and get it 100% garanteed as the pitty system transfers to the next banner.
Channels don't interact that way, stable channel is separate from the limited channel.
So you got ellen (limited), at a 50% chance so the odds don't change, then you got koleda (not limited) at a 50% chance, now the odds change and the next one will be 100% the limited character, and then it will go back to 50%.
I already got Zhu today after getting Koleda a second time last week when Ellen was still available, which means... 50/50% chance again?

Last edited:

Aenima

Game sent me to the pitty at 90 pulls but won the 50/50. Zhu Yuan is in tha house!!! 10k Polys left.

I think next banner will be the android loli, so a skip for me, that will leave me with 40 days to horde Polys untill Jane Doe, that im still not sure if im gonna pull for her as Piper does the same job as Jane Doe, but i like Jane design and fighting style alot.

Aenima

I already got Zhu today after getting Koleda a second time last week when Ellen was still available, which means... 50/50% chance again?
After getting the banner character the pitty system will reset for a 50/50. In your case you lost your 1st 50/50 when u got Koleda, then you got Zhu 100% garanteed. Next S Rate char you pull in exclusive banner will be a 50/50 again.

For example the only S Rate characters I got from the exclusive banners was Ellen and Zhu Yuan, so it means i won the 50/50 two times in a row, next time I pull in the exclusive banner will still be a 50/50.

MOjuQ6V.jpeg

wy0hurP.jpeg

Got her in 2 10 pulls lol 😎😎😁😁🥳🤩🤯

That said I did have a little a small amount of pity built as I threw a couple 10s at Ellen at the last min lol, but ya this was an amazing result! Incredibly happy!!!!!!

Edit:
This also puts both my Nicole and Ben at M6!

Edit2
Now do I go for her W Engine? Will have to do some research, but I’m not opposed to trying, although I’d like to start saving for Miyabi now.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm not going to try my luck right now on Zhu's banner since I have just 10 pulls worth of polychrome saved, lol. I'll keep grinding until I have enough for the 50/50 and then I'll pray to RNGesus before dumping everything into the gacha machine...
Ha, yeah, 10 is not enough, save up for at least 80-85 (maybe 95) and pile up those resources to level her up and S rank discs to install into her W-Engine (if you're planning to get one) - that's pretty much what I did and she's now maxed (except dupes to unlock buffs and I still have to get her W-Engine) at level 40 along with Nicole.

I think dupes of S rank characters and S rank W-Engines are only for the whales, cuz you'll waste a shit ton of polys and exclusive tapes just to get all S rank dupes of which there are 6 and with the W-Engine dupes it's 12, which'll cost ya at least 1100 exclusive tapes and that's just for one character mind you:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
74 pulls and I got fuckin rina and a shitload of bens. kms
This reminds me of IXBT guy who got bombarded with Antons (which is very similar to Russian name Антон btw) and then started to throw shit at the game in multiple videos in a row with his co-host (which haven't even played the game), it was so funny.

0228b11eaacacf43aeaef252d4c52028b05cf03f.gif

I know how you feel, bro. Even before I got Ellen and Koleda, I got a bunch of dupes of A rank characters and maxed out the buffs of 3 of them within a weak and that was.... horrible fucking experience. But hey, you got Rina (unlike any of us here it looks like) and she's great!:messenger_smiling_hearts:

Is she? Because I actually really didn’t like her play style when I had the opportunities to use her. Corin is actually my main dps right now, even ahead of nekomata. Corin is low key a fuckin monster.
I've got rina and yes she's great, juicy ultimate dmg multiplier, probably the biggest after soukaku and she lowers enemy defence with her ex and ultimate; she's all around good to have, she also has the fastest travel/movement speed.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is she? Because I actually really didn’t like her play style when I had the opportunities to use her. Corin is actually my main dps right now, even ahead of nekomata.
Yes! Rina is the second best support character in the game right now, she and Nicole was never meant to be huge DPS dealers, they're both supporting characters like... mages for example which are always behind tank PDS dealers, supporting them and hitting enemies from afar. Rina is great at this cuz she has two minions with different attacks and can deal massive Ether damage. You just need to build (W-Engine and Discs) and use her right in combat. I wish I had her on my Ether team instead of Nicole tbh.

Corin is low key a fuckin monster.
I feel sorry for her cuz... I don't like her too... as a playable character. I just don't think that she needs to be a playable character in the game, she's a lot more interesting as an NPC you can interact with and watch her in the cut-scenes.

ae3e3a2a9438e81574fa0c0d176b3324.jpg

I'm sorry, Corin, you're a good girl, don't be sad little pumpkin....:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Aenima

Is she? Because I actually really didn’t like her play style when I had the opportunities to use her. Corin is actually my main dps right now, even ahead of nekomata. Corin is low key a fuckin monster.
Rina is great, shes a support character so you need a DPS in her team.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Rina does electric damage, only nicole and zhu yuan do ether damage.
Does she now? I was sure it's Ether when I started checking agents I don't have, hmm, okay then:messenger_smiling:
She's still support character though and really good one at that regardless of anomaly type(y)

Forgot to say, HoYo sent us 10x Ether Battery via mail so make sure to claim yours.
Yeah, I used 8 of them to get both Nicole, Zhu, their skills and W-Engines (not S rank ones) to lvl 40.

Last edited:

Aenima

My problem with Corin is that shes very stationary while doing her strong attacks and makes her vulnerable, same problem as Anthon. They are great to use if the enemy is stunned, but if the enemy is moving around it becomes frustating to use them.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
My problem with Corin is that shes very stationary while doing her strong attacks and makes her vulnerable, same problem as Anthon. They are great to use if the enemy is stunned, but if the enemy is moving around it becomes frustating to use them.
Well, the game has a really cool and useful feature which is that you can at any time switch to other characters mid or during combos and the character you switched from will continue doing combo or a move you started, but you can attack as another character. So you can sort of fix your issue here :messenger_relieved:

Does she now? I was sure it's Ether when I started checking agents I don't have, hmm, okay then:messenger_smiling:
She's still support character though and really good one at that regardless of anomaly type(y)
yes she's electric.

Also just because a character is "support" doesn't mean they can't put out a lot of damage, you need to consider their chain and ultimate multipliers, for instance if I have a team of anby, grace and rina, and anbi is at 1900 attack, with a 2300% multiplier, but rina is at 1500 attack with a 3200% multiplier, rina's ultimate is the one that will do more damage; I always use soukaku's ultimate if she's on the team since I have her at ~1700 attack with a 4200%, which makes her do almost double the damage anby does.

Corin might be a dps character, but her ultimate % is just decent, so you want someone else to use the ultimate even though she's supposed to be the "dps", Corin however has an insane ex multiplier, so you want to increase her energy regen so you can spam it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Also just because a character is "support" doesn't mean they can't put out a lot of damage, you need to consider their chain and ultimate multipliers, for instance if I have a team of anby, grace and rina, and anbi is at 1900 attack, with a 2300% multiplier, but rina is at 1500 attack with a 3200% multiplier, rina's ultimate is the one that will do more damage; I always use soukaku's ultimate if she's on the team since I have her at ~1700 attack with a 4200%, which makes her do almost double the damage anby does.
By support I meant that support characters are not meant to be DPS dealers while being at the frontline and fighting enemies like tanks. Rina is like a mage or a sorcerer in Dragon's Dogma which can wipeout a group of enemies with their most powerful spells, in case with ZZZ - Ultimates. Nicole is the same way, her basic attacks are shit, EX is decent but (Rina's EX is far better) her Ultimate is the main thing you should use in combat if and when you can, especially if you already have Zhu:messenger_relieved:

Corin might be a dps character, but her ultimate % is just decent, so you want someone else to use the ultimate even though she's supposed to be the "dps", Corin however has an insane ex multiplier, so you want to increase her energy regen so you can spam it.
I don't think I'll ever use her and level her up from lvl 1.

Last edited:
So nicole actually has a hidden input, which I believe is a reference to dmc

BE2oVld.gif

Don't see much use for it, but it allows you to go into the ex attack from a combo a bit faster.
Just do a 360 motion input while holding the attack button

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So nicole actually has a hidden input, which I believe is a reference to dmc

BE2oVld.gif

Don't see much use for it, but it allows you to go into the ex attack from a combo a bit faster.
Just do a 360 motion input while holding the attack button
It looks like it was accidental, she wanted to get up after but couldn't do it. And her reaction when she's covering her eyes from bright flashes and her hair blowing away from the waves of the blast, ah, such a nice attention to detail, man, LOVE IT! :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Zhu also has a lot of nuances to her play style, for example you can evade enemy attacks by holding the attack button and moving the stick and also use dodge if you need to. I can't say I play well while controlling her yet, but I'll be going through hard Shiyu Defense and other challenges today so there'll be plenty of time to train and get better. And people are saying that you can just mash buttons in ZZZ and that's all there is to combat in the game. C'mon!:messenger_face_steam:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, I guess this is where it ends for me until the 1.1 release with new story content closer to September (just checked and it takes about a month+ for miHoYo to release a 1.1 update for their games based on Genshin and HSR 1.1 releases). I'll be doing dailies, trials and other activities to get free stuff and progress battle passes etc.

JcMnhLe.jpeg

I can't level up and upgrade all agents and their stuff beyond lvl 40 since it'll take a lot of resources and money which I don't have and grinding is pointless at this point anyway, so I'll be just piling things up in the meantime and with the release of 1.1 update there'll be....

Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives how many story chapters / content do you think will be in the 1.1 update based on Genshin and HSR? The reason I'm asking is because 1 story chapter in ZZZ is at best 1 hour long including all the missions so it'll be over quick and you won't get much resources to progress through the endgame content like with 1.0 release.

Last edited:

Aenima

Well, I guess this is where it ends for me until the 1.1 release with new story content closer to September (just checked and it takes about a month+ for miHoYo to release a 1.1 update for their games based on Genshin and HSR 1.1 releases). I'll be doing dailies, trials and other activities to get free stuff and progress battle passes etc.

JcMnhLe.jpeg

I can't level up and upgrade all agents and their stuff beyond lvl 40 since it'll take a lot of resources and money which I don't have and grinding is pointless at this point anyway, so I'll be just piling things up in the meantime and with the release of 1.1 update there'll be....

Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives how many story chapters / content do you think will be in the 1.1 update based on Genshin and HSR? The reason I'm asking is because 1 story chapter in ZZZ is at best 1 hour long including all the missions so it'll be over quick and you won't get much resources to progress through the endgame content like with 1.0 release.
If the release version only has 3 chapters, i dont see them releasing more than 1 chapter each update. For side content they might add new character stories. I think they are working on new game modes too for endgame stuff. So just like most gacha games the game will become just a daily login to get some resorces in 15 minutes then play something else while waiting for events. Some of the events in Genshin and HSR was pretty meaty with alot of stuff to do. So far the events in ZZZ they all been tiny stuff you complete in 5 minutes per day. So dunno if they plan to do big events as well or just keep releasing these tiny ones.

Btw you still get some side quests as you level up. I reached level 42 and a NPC sent me a message with a new side quest to do.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If the release version only has 3 chapters, i dont see them releasing more than 1 chapter each update. For side content they might add new character stories. I think they are working on new game modes too for endgame stuff. So just like most gacha games the game will become just a daily login to get some resorces in 15 minutes then play something else while waiting for events. Some of the events in Genshin and HSR was pretty meaty with alot of stuff to do. So far the events in ZZZ they all been tiny stuff you complete in 5 minutes per day. So dunno if they plan to do big events as well or just keep releasing these tiny ones.
I mean, they sure can't release 3 chapters and 60 hrs of content so quickly withing a month, it's just impossible and totally understandable, but it's sad regardless :(

SW6RIgi.jpeg

I like the event they released this week where you need to go through TV missions with the ice surfaces and it looks like they learned from other events that you can complete them in a day, so this time it's 1 missions per day with easy and hard versions and I like this approach better. I hope they'll make 3D missions longer and levels bigger, which won't take much effort really and we'll get a much better experience :messenger_relieved:

Btw you still get some side quests as you level up. I reached level 42 and a NPC sent me a message with a new side quest to do.
Yeah, you'll get more side quests but they won't be enough to go through all the high-level stuff and you won't get a ton of resources to level up agents and their stuff, there's just too much resources you need to have.... or pay to get them with the real money. I'm saving agent stories starting from Nekomata for later (right now theres room for 5 more of them so I'll wait before 10 will be available and it'll be quite the substantial content to go through in terms of hours at some point.

Do you think level cap at 60 will be the max level? What about battle passes too? How did they changed this in Genshin and HSR if they ever did?

Last edited:
Top Bottom