• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

season 1 is just 6 episodes? hm. i feel like fear the walking dead was as well.
well I can guarantee you it's not working for all of the audiences. I for one have just been missing talking dead for the past couple of weeks (but not just because they've postponed it).
Yep fear was as well, so was the first season of the walking dead. Talking dead will be back on at normal time during the second half of this season. Tonight is the last night it will be on latter.

Comic spoilers
Yep Carl getting shot, the whole chopping off Jessie's arm won't happen till episode 9. No way out pretty much got split into two episodes.
I can't say I mind as long as tonight is suspensful but people will bitch!

Then again people bitch after every episode.

It's already happening. You should see the comments on some spoiler sites
I'm not surprised. People work themselves into frenzies with their speculation and when everything they want to happen doesn't happen immediately it's meltdowns for all.

But then fast forward to Feb for the midseason premier and everyone will be saying fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm not worried about tonight though. Walking dead usually nails midseason finales. I'm expecting some good suspense, some death, some high drama. And probably for them to all be fucked since that's the trend this season.

dustyherb

I can't say I mind as long as tonight is suspensful but people will bitch!

Then again people bitch after every episode.
Ya I definitely don't mind. Comic spoilers
No Way Out deserves to be more then just an hour episode with everything crammed into it just to please fans. To many important things happen with Carl's change and Rick loosing his love interest. I bet they decided they needed two episodes to show everything they wanted.

Ya I definitely don't mind. Comic spoilers
No Way Out deserves to be more then just an hour episode with everything crammed into it just to please fans. To many important things happen with Carl's change and Rick loosing his love interest. I bet they decided they needed two episodes to show everything they wanted.
yeah I guess it's the couple month wait that will fuck with people but oh well. It just means when the show is back we're going to have an awesome episode. I expect tonight to be good as well.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
so is this going to be the fucking thing from here on out?

As far as we know, nothing will air in between The Walking Dead and Talking Dead next spring, but AMC would be smart to try to launch another of their new shows there. Although, I doubt Preacher, The Night Manager, or Broke will be ready for a spring launch so it probably won't happen.

From spoilers of this episode and Episode 9

Sounds like it would of greatly benefited in having 90mins instead. "Start to Finish" - what kind of name is that. Should be "Start, then stop half-way prematurely" - Episode 9 is going to be the really big one.

Comic spoilers
Yep Carl getting shot, the whole chopping off Jessie's arm won't happen till episode 9. No way out pretty much got split into two episodes.

Is this based off knowledge of the leaks? Because seriously acknowledge that if you are going to post spoilers, even if they are properly spoiler tagged.

dustyherb

Is this based off knowledge of the leaks? Because seriously acknowledge that if you are going to post spoilers, even if they are properly spoiler tagged.
Comic spoilers
its me making an educated guess based on knowing what point the episode ends tonight. Episode 9 hasnt been leaked. I have no idea if the Carl and Jessie scene from the comics are going to happen. I'm just assuming. I fixed it tho just in case.

Bandit1

Are we taking bets on who's dieing tonight?

I say either Morgan or Carol.

I hypothesized this on the last page, but I'll post it again, I think Tara is going out. She might be Glenn's breaking point as well, first Noah, then Nicholas, and if Tara goes out too it might be then end of "Old Glenn" like some people behind the scenes were saying.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Notable happenings from previous midseason finales:

Season 2 - Zombie Sophia and the barn walkers.
Season 3 - The group raids Woodbury to rescue Glenn and Maggie; Michonne kills the Governor's zombie daughter and stabs him in the eye; Tyreese and Sasha are introduced.
Season 4 - The Governor assaults the prison, effectively destroying it; Hershel dies along with the Governor and all the prison and Woodbury redshirts.
Season 5 - The group reunites to save Beth at the hospital, but she dies anyway; Morgan finds Rick's map in the abandoned church.

RPGCrazied

Notable happenings from previous midseason finales:

Season 2 - Zombie Sophia and the barn walkers.
Season 3 - The group raids Woodbury to rescue Glenn and Maggie; Michonne kills the Governor's zombie daughter and stabs him in the eye; Tyreese and Sasha are introduced.
Season 4 - The Governor assaults the prison, effectively destroying it; Hershel dies along with the Governor and all the prison and Woodbury redshirts.
Season 5 - The group reunites to save Beth at the hospital, but she dies anyway; Morgan finds Rick's map in the abandoned church.

Safe to assume something big is going down tonight. Excite.

So one thing about the Glenn escape. They were completely surrounded by zombies so When he and nick corpse fell to the ground, how was there an opening for Glenn to land into? Shouldn't he have fallen on top of zombies?
It's all good. You can watch it on AMC's website later.
ah, nice. Thanks.

kingkitty

Glenn dying during the mid-season finale would make his fake-out death even more pointless. Which is why Glenn will most certainly die during this ep. Hopefully by Ron.

legacyzero

Banned
Why is this on so late? I'm in mountain time right now and it says it premiers 9/8c. Yet my stupid Comcast cable is saying at 10pm. How the hell does that work?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Glenn dying during the mid-season finale would make his fake-out death even more pointless. Which is why Glenn will most certainly die during this ep. Hopefully by Ron.
I'm going with Maggie dying. Fake out Glenn death, then kill Maggie instead. Would give us the new Glenn they have been talking about, plus Maggie hasn't really had a role thus season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom