• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
The Morgan thang has grown on me since his one off flashback. At first I thought it was a bit stupid, now I think he's one of the more complicated character on the show - not saying much - I can see why he is having real trouble squaring the philosophy that saved his mind and defending his friend and home. One of the more believably conflicted character and now just pretend angst or fear - which is over done.
I feel the same way. I love that Rick and Carol are basically psychopaths but we need some other types too.
She can't even give her own 2 sons a decent haircut. Especially that attic dwelling kid.
Lol
If they knew something was up than why would they teach him how to properly shoot a gun and also provide him with a gun?
True. And what happened to Jessie telling Rick that it wasn't his place to teach her son and that Rosita was teaching her and Ron how to protect themselves? Rick just doesn't listen to anybody and now he's given a gun to someone with a huge grudge with him and Carl.

Bandit1

Is she pregnant on the show? I can never guess it but they dont give a fuck about hiding it. She even has that pregnant woman walk, I thought the new doctor or eugene got her pregnant and I missed an episode.

There just having a hard time covering hers up. Sonequa Martin who plays Sasha was pregnant and it wasn't as noticeable as Tara's. She actually just had her baby so it's only going to be more noticeable in the second half of this season lol.

Yeah, SMG conveniently carried small and didn't get much preggo bloat while filming, but poor AM just looks like she's been living on Carol's cookies. It's gonna be harder to cover her up.

Or they just kill her off in the midseason finale so they don't have to deal with it. Calling it now.

someday

Banned
Would using the sewer that Maggie and Aaron used as a way out work? There weren't as many walkers there even after Maggie yelled.

border

After Lizzie butchered her sister, you'd think Carol wouldn't be so damned stupid as to talk to children about zombies in entirely vague, metaphorical terms that could be easily misinterpreted by the young.

LOL Atleast I won a bet that Glen was alive.

I guess it was the expense of good writing, but its what i've come to expect from this show

A little LTTP with the latest show and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but am I alone in thinking this episode's soundtrack greatly resembles The Last of Us'? Like, a lot?

Here's two examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQDQW-7kHcI&list=PL8ewBDH5ZkrUqmzDJvyIPoUcM8qLsJ2bZ&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2-tlEOMgzU&list=PL8ewBDH5ZkrUqmzDJvyIPoUcM8qLsJ2bZ&index=11

Yeah I noticed that too. I think the game surely inspired it somehow. When the wolves invaded Alexandria it had strong TLoU vibes.

NBtoaster

I was expecting something much more elaborate..

There is no way he should have landed clean on the ground when the walkers were completely swarming around the dumpster moments earlier.

cacildo

After Lizzie butchered her sister, you'd think Carol wouldn't be so damned stupid as to talk to children about zombies in entirely vague, metaphorical terms that could be easily misinterpreted by the young.

Unfortunally The Walking Dead characters cant talk unless its in vague metaphorical terms

And no "character development" seem to fix that

Javier

Seriously. Cookie Kid is going to kill someone.

SamuraiX-

(Comic Spoilers)
I think Jessie lives. It just seems to me like they are trying to make her what
Andrea
is in the comics.

And
Carl
is so getting
his eye shot out.

Your original post is an example of improper and unacceptable use of spoiler tags. Please correct it.

just happened he just said "fuck you racist cunts for wanting the only asian on the show to die" but seriously he just said (paraphrasing):

"I've been following everything you've been saying and it's meant so much to see all your support for glenn, walking dead has the best fans, I want to talk more to you guys on talking dead."

He sounded pretty emotional.
thanks for this. i wish i could've seen it. it probably wasn't that long but sounds like it still would've been worth watching.
Jeremy Jahns predicted this... kinda and why he thinks it's a bad idea.

https://youtu.be/Dk357Um4Wpg?t=238
what? no he didn't. he condescendingly put down everyone who turned out to be right. to say he predicted it doesn't mean anything because half the walking dead fan base did too.

in fact as a youtube personality, he's been getting more and more annoying rather than entertaining & authentic in his content, in my opinion.

HardRojo

I was expecting something much more elaborate..

There is no way he should have landed clean on the ground when the walkers were completely swarming around the dumpster moments earlier.

Same here, but whatever. You gotta get used to the stupid stuff, like Sasha trusting a random officer she held hostage because they happened to have the same name as a person she cared about.

Bandit1

Nah, they just hooked her up with the doc! Surely they wouldn't.

they totally would. :/

Yeah... Like how Tyrese was about to hook up with that girl in the prison, then she comes down with the flu and Carol stabs her in the head and burns her corpse.

Or how Bob got hooked up with Sasha and then he gets bitten and then cannibalized, dies and gets stabbed in the head.

Jeez, Tara's death is going to be so brutal...

Vb6tAYk.gif

Gaz_RB

So I was rewatching the episodes with my parents, and they always watch the last season finale first to refresh their memory

And turns out, there's precedent for walkers moving on if they can't see you

In the finale, Aaron and Daryl are trapped in the car and Daryl says they need to cover the windows so the walkers can't see them and will eventually move on so they can escape

found this on youtube, don't know if it's true

All the walkers get in and Rick and Carl are trying to get Jessie and her family to safety. While doing this walkers bite Jessies youngest kid Sam (the one who's afraid to go downstairs) and It's to late for him but Jessie won't let go of Sam's hand and she also holding Carl's hand but won't let go of him either and the walkers are getting closer, Ricks sees this and has no other option but to cut off Jessies hand (it's unclear if she dies or not) Ron sees what Rick has just done and points his gun at him. Carl runs in front of his dad before Ron can pull the trigger and BAM Carl gets shot in the eye and falls to the ground unconcious. Michone sees this and kills Ron instantly. Rick than starts thinking the worst and goes on a walker killing spree.

How do you know?

I tagged the whole thing, what else am I supposed to do?
I've read the confirmed summary from other spoiler sites

And someone wouldn't know what the spoilers are about, if it's regarding a specific character or moment, if it's for the next episode or later in the season, and so on

I've read the confirmed summary from other spoiler sites

And someone wouldn't know what the spoilers are about, if it's regarding a specific character or moment, if it's for the next episode or later in the season, and so on
okay can you please spoiler tag post the summary you read

and you didn't answer my question

Quazar

So I finished both Walking Dead games this week. Awesome stuff...dreading the wait on next season. Pretty cool that zombies slow up in the cold. Looks like going north is a good idea. I wonder if we'll ever hear them talk about Wellington On the Show.

So Wellington is near Alexandria ?

Heimbeck

Banned
So I finished both Walking Dead games this week. Awesome stuff...dreading the wait on next season. Pretty cool that zombies slow up in the cold. Looks like going north is a good idea. I wonder if we'll ever hear them talk about Wellington On the Show.

So Wellington is near Alexandria ?

I'll spoiler tag just in case.

I think Wellington is in Ohio, which isn't too far from where Rick and co. are now.
But I don't think it will get mentioned, the game is based off the comic books not the show and I doubt they would want the game and TV characters interacting.

Even if that's not true, I do hope we get to see something like that last sentence in the episode.

Would be incredible to see him really lose his shit and just go not
Ricktator
but full on
unhinged psycho
where everyone just stands there and watches him literally tear through the herd.

Andy Lincoln getting hyped for the episode AFTER the midseason finale:

I think nine is the most crazy episode we’ve had. I dropped my script when I read it. I was just like, 'Nooo! We’re doing that?'" said Lincoln. "So yeah, it’s crazy. It’s amazing storytelling. I think [showrunner] Scott Gimple and the team have just outdone themselves this season."

Kind of makes me think (comic spoils)
Carl getting his eye shot out won't happen until the midseason premier.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The mid season finale is tonight!

Start to Finish

After having a few moments of peace, trouble finds its way to Alexandria yet again. Only this time, the threat might be too big to defeat.

The episode was written by Matthew Negrete (who last wrote 6.1 "First Time Again", the one where the group devises a plan to lure the giant herd away from Alexandria) and was directed by Michael E. Satrazemis (who last directed 5.15 "Try", the one where Rick has a meltdown in front of everybody before getting knocked out by Michonne).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Jason Alexander (Seinfeld)
Robert Kirkman

Reminder:

Tonight's 'Talking Dead' will air an hour later this week, to accommodate AMC's new action series 'Into the Badlands', which will now air directly after 'The Walking Dead'.

The OT for 'Into the Badlands' can be found here.

RPGCrazied

Does Glenn die tonight? I'm going to go with yes. He should have died at the dumpster, and I like Glenn! I just thought it stupid how he survived that.

Does Glenn die tonight? I'm going to go with yes. He should have died at the dumpster, and I like Glenn! I just thought it stupid how he survived that.

I think pretending to kill him, letting a lot of people think he's dead for a few weeks, revealing he's alive and then killing him off in the next episode would be the most idiotic thing in the show thus far. So no, I don't think they'll kill him off...yet.

How else are they going to force Walking Dead audiences to watch their new show?
no lies though I probably wouldn't have caught it right away if they didn't do that. But because I did I realized how ridiculously awesome the fight scenes are in into the badlands so now I watch it -_-

GG, AMC. GG.

dustyherb

Andy Lincoln getting hyped for the episode AFTER the midseason finale:

Kind of makes me think (comic spoils)
Carl getting his eye shot out won't happen until the midseason premier.
Comic/show spoilers
Yep Carl getting shot, the whole chopping off Jessie's arm probably won't happen till episode 9. No way out pretty much got split into two episodes.

I'm not sure what the schedule is but after this walking dead won't be back till feb. Badlands will be over by then as it's only 6 episode.s So from 9 to the finale it should be back to normal.
season 1 is just 6 episodes? hm. i feel like fear the walking dead was as well.
How else are they going to force Walking Dead audiences to watch their new show?
well I can guarantee you it's not working for all of the audiences. I for one have just been missing talking dead for the past couple of weeks (but not just because they've postponed it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom