• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Im glad they are showing the group questioning Rick's stupid shit, for a dude trying to play the game of thrones Rick is a moron for screaming something so specific to Tara. By the way, is her pregnancy a part of a plot or is that something that its gonna go unanswered?

She's prego irl.

JDSN

Banned
I hope Morgan doesnt bite it, its stupid that the only line this show can have is "Life is shitty, decency leads to death", im liking his struggle to maintain his moral code, his conversation was actually a nice callback and showing to Rick that he is responsible for the code he has.

She's prego irl.

Is she pregnant on the show? I can never guess it but they dont give a fuck about hiding it. She even has that pregnant woman walk, I thought the new doctor or eugene got her pregnant and I missed an episode.

JesseZao

Is she pregnant on the show? I can never guess it but they dont give a fuck about hiding it. She even has that pregnant woman walk, I thought the new doctor or eugene got her pregnant and I missed an episode.

Well, her character is a lesbian, so unlikely. They really aren't hiding it at all though. I had to look it up after the episode because she looked so pregnant.

dustyherb

I hope Morgan doesnt bite it, its stupid that the only line this show can have is "Life is shitty, decency leads to death", im liking his struggle to maintain his moral code, his conversation was actually a nice callback and showing to Rick that he is responsible for the code he has.

There just having a hard time covering hers up. Sonequa Martin who plays Sasha was pregnant and it wasn't as noticeable as Tara's. She actually just had her baby so it's only going to be more noticeable in the second half of this season lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't believe he'd say that knowing that the very moment Glenn returned he would take up another hopeless charity case like Enid. When she pulled that gun on him I was secretly hoping Glenn would grab it, blast her in the face, and walk out....thus completing his journey towards the Dark Side.

Honestly, I feel like him adopting Enid is gonna blow back in his face once Maggie drops the baby bomb on him.

But right now he needs a second to help clear the zombies out. We'll see if Enid dies and him learning to finally stop giving people a chance/tagging along with him for the sake of strength in numbers or not.

Zoe

I never noticed anything odd about Tara except her boobs swinging around in the promo for next week.

Didn't realize she was part of the Masterson family either until I looked her up.

JDSN

Banned
There just having a hard time covering hers up. Sonequa Martin who plays Sasha was pregnant and it wasn't as noticeable as Tara's. She actually just had her baby so it's only going to be more noticeable in the second half of this season lol.

Should have made her hold a box, I dont know why that trick always works on me.

wait wait did you think that this show somehow had an artificial insemination plot?

Dalek

I'm watching this late so I'm sure this has been discussed, but Spencer climbing on that rope is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen someone on this show do, and that's saying a lot.

Krixeus

I'm watching this late so I'm sure this has been discussed, but Spencer climbing on that rope is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen someone on this show do, and that's saying a lot.

The girls death in the previous episode still takes the cake imo

Rarity

I know Spencer said he was trying to help or whatever, but I feel like he was attempting to run away. Maybe I missed some past scene that develops him more, but isn't he portrayed as a coward?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Between Fear the Walking Dead and this couple seasons episodes of Season 6...just wow...its like the writers have a competition on how to present characters and their actions in the most idiotic and unbelievable way. 99% are fucking Idiots... also they need to show more of Carol, Michonne, Daryl etc. again - the main crew that been through a lot. I dont give two shits about those new Idiots.

Morgan has to be the biggest disappointment in this show - i had such high hopes for him, but he is an Idiot as well. Acting like this is a Bioware RPG or SMT with his decisions... psychos are burning and beheading his friends and he is preaching about All Lives Matter...dude needs a wake up call. Sucks that he only seems to exist in extremes...either wanting to kill everything in his way...or being stupid enough to let very dangerous people live.

Why is the Pastor alive again ? Also Maggie is incredible useless... feels like she hasnt done anything remarkable in the last 4 seasons.

"The Earth wants to die." OK then Miss JSS.

Glenn, just leave her there and move on. Nobody likes her anyway.

Everybody is an idiot. Please kill off half the cast and get back on the road.

Between Fear the Walking Dead and this couple seasons episodes of Season 6...just wow...its like the writers have a competition on how to present characters and their actions in the most idiotic and unbelievable way. 99% are fucking Idiots... also they need to show more of Carol, Michonne, Daryl etc. again - the main crew that been through a lot. I dont give two shits about those new Idiots.

Morgan has to be the biggest disappointment in this show - i had such high hopes for him, but he is an Idiot as well. Acting like this is a Bioware RPG or SMT with his decisions... psychos are burning and beheading his friends and he is preaching about All Lives Matter...dude needs a wake up call. Sucks that he only seems to exist in extremes...either wanting to kill everything in his way...or being stupid enough to let very dangerous people live.

Why is the Pastor alive again ? Also Maggie is incredible useless... feels like she hasnt done anything remarkable in the last 4 seasons.
Morgan's story is one of the more well handled ones imo. He has an actual arc forming here that will actually play out through the entire season I assume. He was insane before this philosophy brought him back to sanity and saved his life. Of course he is going to cling to it and try to make others understand why it's so important. He believes in saving others like he was saved. I also think he's wrong just like most do on the show itself but I'm pretty invested in seeing it play out. I want to see what he does in certain situations going forward and if he can hang onto it. I think he obviously can't but if that's the case I'm interesting in seeing it.

I also like when the show focuses on the main group more often but lets be real it wasn't long ago that a lot of people hated most of the main group until the show invested enough time in them. Most of the alexandrians are dumb and the show hasn't been wasting time in killing a bunch off here and there. Hope we get another culling in the MSF.

Some of them are showing good flashes. I like Tobin! I also don't hate Enid as much as everyone else. She's definitely annoying but as far as punk emo kids go, she's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less annoying than Ron. Now that kid is a fucker.

"The Earth wants to die." OK then Miss JSS.

Glenn, just leave her there and move on. Nobody likes her anyway.

Everybody is an idiot. Please kill off half the cast and get back on the road.
Lol

Recent comic spoilers: between "The Earth wants to die" and "It's their world, we' re just living in it",
Enid is one step away from wearing some zombie skin and starting the Whisperers :p

Yeah, SMG conveniently carried small and didn't get much preggo bloat while filming, but poor AM just looks like she's been living on Carol's cookies. It's gonna be harder to cover her up.

Vagabundo

The Morgan thang has grown on me since his one off flashback. At first I thought it was a bit stupid, now I think he's one of the more complicated character on the show - not saying much - I can see why he is having real trouble squaring the philosophy that saved his mind and defending his friend and home. One of the more believably conflicted character and now just pretend angst or fear - which is over done.

MisterR

The Morgan thang has grown on me since his one off flashback. At first I thought it was a bit stupid, now I think he's one of the more complicated character on the show - not saying much - I can see why he is having real trouble squaring the philosophy that saved his mind and defending his friend and home. One of the more believably conflicted character and now just pretend angst or fear - which is over done.

Yep, the feeling that a lot of people have on here that people should be ice cold killers at all times is silly. It would be kind of silly and pointless if every character was an ice water in the veins killing machine. They are still people and killing isn't natural to most people.

Vagabundo

Yep, the feeling that a lot of people have on here that people should be ice cold killers at all times is silly. It would be kind of silly and pointless if every character was an ice water in the veins killing machine. They are still people and killing isn't natural to most people.

I can see most people becoming Zombie killing machines. You just have too. The non people killers probably get killed off quickly though. Most people even the most brutal of people have trouble with killing up close and personal.

History is just rife with these kinds of people losing their minds.

Now the real question is: will there be deaths in the midseason finale?

Speculation for next episode+ comic spoilers in the next spoilers; you have been warned!

Well, I think the biggest plotpoint will be Ron waving the gun around; but who will he kill?

I'm actually expecting Jessie to survive this time around. With Judith in her care she'll receive plotarmour and after Alexandria survives Rick will need to exact some sweet Ricktator loving on Jessie. Sam will be best friends with Carol. Still no cookies though.

My predictions regarding next episode and comic spoilers...

Jessie will not survive. It will go down like it did in the comics EXCEPT instead of her refusing to let go of Carl when the zombies start eating Sam, she refuses to let go of Judith. Rick is forced to hatchet her hand off so he can save Judith. Jessie and Sam get eaten by the herd.

Regarding Ron and Carl. Ron will either accidentally shoot Carl through the face or he'll do it on purpose. Rick will then shoot Ron and Ron will be eaten by the herd.

Apoc29

I hope Ron does shoot Carl, because that means Rick is gonna go apeshit and disembowel him, then tenderly console his mom.

Oh, and if Carol doesn't kill Sam, Rick will. He just hates Jessie's family so much.

Lorcain

In a town of real people, at least one of them would have raised the concern about the tower structure being undermined based on the visible damage and loud creaking and popping noses. At least one of them would have recommended an immediate work project to push the tower away from the fence, like proactively cutting down a damaged tree in the yard.

Vagabundo

In a town of real people, at least one of them would have raised the concern about the tower structure being undermined based on the visible damage and loud creaking and popping noses. At least one of them would have recommended an immediate work project to push the tower away from the fence, like proactively cutting down a damaged tree in the yard.

Sure. I could also see them distracted from that by the hoard of zombies clawing at the walls. We've not seen any of the town people see any of the things we've seen with the building so its certainly a pretty glaring oversight, but possibly a believable one.

Maybe if they had time. The wolf attack was only hours ago, and then the herd surrounded Alexandria while they were still reeling from that massacre

Wolf attack, Daryl and Abraham and Sasha in the forest, Glenn and Michonne in the town, Rick in the RV and running back to town all happened around the same time, within a few hours of each other

dustyherb

Maybe if they had time. The wolf attack was only hours ago, and then the herd surrounded Alexandria while they were still reeling from that massacre

Wolf attack, Daryl and Abraham and Sasha in the forest, Glenn and Michonne in the town, Rick in the RV and running back to town all happened around the same time, within a few hours of each other
It's just crazy how much shit our group has had to deal with in such a short amount of time. It's no wonder so many damn Alexandrians have died they got thurst into scenarios where you need to be a survival expert at this point to survive. Most of these people were still in season 1 mode lol.

JDSN

Banned
Yes, Rick and the other guy were working on the brace for a while, it should have been obvious for them that something was going on.

Revolver

I never noticed anything odd about Tara except her boobs swinging around in the promo for next week.

Didn't realize she was part of the Masterson family either until I looked her up.

I didn't realize she's a Masterson. Some quick google-fu shows she's a Scientologist too like her brothers. Blech.

FracturedZero

Neo Member
I think Jessie lives. It just seems to me like they are trying to make her what
Andrea
is in the comics.

And
Carl
is so getting
his eye shot out.

Enids boyfriend gonna take some serious L's from either or both Rick and Carl.. Its about to go down amongst them the 2nd half of the season. You can tell Rick and Carl knows that kid is up to something with his all of a sudden curiosity towards learning how to shoot.

zewone

Enids boyfriend gonna take some serious L's from either or both Rick and Carl.. Its about to go down amongst them the 2nd half of the season. You can tell Rick and Carl knows that kid is up to something with his all of a sudden curiosity towards learning how to shoot.

If they knew something was up than why would they teach him how to properly shoot a gun and also provide him with a gun?

If they knew something was up than why would they teach him how to properly shoot a gun and also provide him with a gun?

Good question.. I guess its Ricks and Carls way of showing they are now a part of their circle and can be trusted. Even though we all know if it comes down to it Rick will pick his OG group above anyone else. And the kid (ron?) made some solid poinbts on why he should be thought on how to use gun. It will be weird to say no to that lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It looked like he was about to shoot Carl before the building fell. I dont understand his beef.

Enid wanted to learn the letter D from after learning C from Arl. over jumping behind D to learn R from Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom