• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyherb

Would be such a big cop-out IMO
Only for comic readers and most people that watch this show haven't read the comics. I definitely agree to a point tho.

Comic spoilers:
everyone except me it feels like hates Morgan at this point so him dying from Lucille wouldn't have a huge impact like it should. His character is going to have to redeem himself in the second half if he is the one to die from Negan. I could see Negan picking Carol or someone and Morgan jumping in to take their place. That would be a little better if they have him scarfice himself for someone.

Alpende

Only for comic readers and most people that watch this show haven't read the comics. I definitely agree to a point tho.

Comic spoilers:
everyone except me it feels like hates Morgan at this point so him dying from Lucille wouldn't have a huge impact like it should. His character is going to have to redeem himself in the second half if he is the one to die from Negan. I could see Negan picking Carol or someone and Morgan jumping in to take their place. That would be a little better if they have him scarfice himself for someone.

Negan should just kill Daryl, someone of importance should die and he's a fan favorite. Just kill him off, I would love to see the reactions. But they probably won't.
Other than that, this episode was boring as hell. The post-credit scene was the best 2 minutes out of the entire 'finale'.

Zaph

Comic spoilers:

Major comic spoilers:
I just can't see them doing that scene with a women - in fact, I don't think we've seen any on-screen violent deaths of (living) women on the show like we've seen for men. It doesn't sit well with viewers and isn't 'enjoyable' imo. I suppose it could be Daryl, but I doubt AMC would want to kill off the only major day-1 character they wholly own (then again, his video game was awful and bombed, so licensing potential might not be a big deal any more). Maybe they skip Abraham's arrow death and combine it? Would be a cop-out though. I think Glenn is likely after escaping near death again.

dustyherb

Negan should just kill Daryl, someone of importance should die and he's a fan favorite. Just kill him off, I would love to see the reactions. But they probably won't.
Comic spoilers
everyone that's read the comics wants that including me lol. But I'm sure AMC doesn't want to kill the one huge tv original character they got. I would love to be proven wrong and that's who they go with. I'm sure kirkman would love to do it lol. But when you think about it from AMCs view why should they kill their money maker when the show its just now starting to get to the good stuff from the comics.

LifEndz

They're doing the same thing with Morgan that they did with Lori and Andrea. The character becomes so incredibly unpopular with the fans that they're left with no choice but to kill the character only to repeat the process with someone else. Shame because once they kill Morgan the quality of the acting is going to take a major hit.

They're doing the same thing with Morgan that they did with Lori and Andrea. The character becomes so incredibly unpopular with the fans that they're left with no choice but to kill the character only to repeat the process with someone else. Shame because once they kill Morgan the quality of the acting is going to take a major hit.
Except Morgan is a great character compared to Lori and Andrea

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No, Carol should jam his own stick down his throat. And then she should proceed to skin those 3 idiots alive. Handing over their guns to the dude who only had a freaking knife. Ahhhhh the stupidity! At least it didn't make me outright burst into laughter like Spencer did when he went all Nathan Drake out of nowhere like an utter fool.

I literally yelled out 'noOOooOo' like that caveman from the snickers commercials during that scene. You know Carol gonna have something to say about how that played out.

Nah, he needs to meet
Lucille
. That way,
it explains Rick letting Negan live

Maybe he can shoot him in a kneecap, then he'll have a legit reason to own a walking stick.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
At this point with the way comic spoilers are, there really should be two threads, like game of thrones...

Kevinroc

Other than that, this episode was boring as hell. The post-credit scene was the best 2 minutes out of the entire 'finale'.

I've joked with my friends that Negan should kill Daryl. They always freak out and claim they won't watch the show anymore if that happens.

Red Mage

I predict that the season they kill
Daryl or Rick
, the series won't last beyond one, maybe two more seasons.

Comic spoilers:
totally disagree his acting for that scene could make it so sad yet great. Morgan looks over at Rick with his all life is precious look a single tear rolls down his eye and then bam Lucille feeds upon his skull. If anything having Glenn get it makes it crap due to his constant almosts!!! Everyone will just say well it's about time

Prologue

This show should get an award for the most idiotic moments that are created by kids.

Those two blond girls in the earlier seasons. Then the fight in the garage, then "mom, mom, MOM"

7121m.jpg

dustyherb

totally disagree his acting for that scene could make it so sad yet great. Morgan looks over at Rick with his all life is precious look a single tear rolls down his eye and then bam Lucille feeds upon his skull. If anything having Glenn get it makes it crap due to his constant almosts!!! Everyone will just say well it's about time
Comic spoilers
oh no believe me I know how sad it would be if it was Morgan. He's one of my favorite characters and Lennie James is fantastic like you said. I've been wanting it to be Morgan for a while now cause it makes the most sense for Ricks character to grow. I just think they need to get more people back onto team Morgan if that's what they plan. Cause all I see is people bitching about him now.

Comic spoilers:

comic spoilers
I don't think its just comic readers. The writers need to shake the audience up a bit and just finally kill one of the big-players again. What better way to introduce the next big bad by doing that? It wouldn't have the same effect by killing some B or C tier character.

It's not just Morgan though. I think if anyone but the Atlanta 5 + Michonne and Maggie get Lucille'd, it'd be a big cop-out. I might even remove Glenn from that, just because... well you know.

The last time they had a really big death was Andrea back in S3. I much preferred characters like Hershel and Tyreese but for such a momentous event, an Atlanta survivor tier character needs to die. Looking back, character deaths like Beth, Bob, Tyreese, Hershel and Noah have been quite safe.

Also, I hope there isn't any jumping in or sacrifices. Negan should be in complete control. Whoever says he picks will die, no negotiations or pleas.

dustyherb

I predict that the season they kill
Daryl or Rick
, the series won't last beyond one, maybe two more seasons.
Greg Nicotero just had a recent interview were he talked about how they're shooting for 11 or 12 seasons. If they follow the comics then I could see that many seasons. A lot of the good stuff has yet to happen.

Rosita and Tara could have both nailed that dude if they really wanted to I bet. I think it's more that they didn't want to take any chances at all of Denise being injured in the process She's the only "Doc" left in town so they really do need her. I'm sure the wolf will leave her alive for the time being cause he needs her. Gives the group time to mount a rescue of some kind hopefully.

These are people that can shoot an approaching zombie in the head while at a full run. They could have nailed that dude in both eyes before he even hit the floor.

dustyherb

These are people that can shoot an approaching zombie in the head while at a full run. They could have nailed that dude in both eyes before he even hit the floor.
Yes these people are beast at headshots and killing zombies but a hostage situation is completely different. A lot more could go wrong with pulling the trigger like Denise getting hurt in the process. They don't want to take that chance even if they are expert shooters.

It's not like they had an angle or anything on him either. Denise would've been hurt in someway if bullets started flying.

Have they had that one death this season that just bums you out yet ?
1 Jim
2 dale/ Shane
3 Lori jk Andrea to an extent
4 Hershel
5 I'm going bob over tyrese or Beth though tyreses death was taped well too bad they screwed his character

dustyherb

1 Jim
2 dale/ Shane
4 Hershel
5 I'm going bob over tyrese or Beth though tyreses death was taped well too bad they screwed his character
I wasn't that attached to Deanna but her death definitely bummed me out a little. Just because seeing someone get bitten and have to lay there slowly turning isn't very cheerful lol. At least she went out on her own terms tho.

LaNaranja

1 Jim
2 dale/ Shane
4 Hershel

As far as characters I have been super bummed to see go, there have only been like 9 in the whole series.

1- Nobody
2- Dale and Shane
3- T-Dog, Axel, and Merle
4- Hershel
5- Bob, Tyreese, and Noah
6- Nobody yet

Nobody relevant has died besides Deanna

Who's Deanna?

dustyherb

As far as characters I have been super bummed to see go, there have only been like 9 in the whole series.

1- Nobody
2- Dale and Shane
3- T-Dog, Axel, and Merle
4- Hershel
5- Bob, Tyreese, and Noah
6- Nobody yet

Who's Deanna?
Old lady, the leader of Alexandria. Well old leader now. And I forgot all about Merle's death was really sad when he had to go.

someday

Banned
1 Jim
2 dale/ Shane
4 Hershel
Noah and Axel were probably the only ones that bummed me out. I was just starting to like Axel when that bullet hit him. By the time they killed off Andrea and Tyrese I just didn't care about their characters anymore. Beth and Hershel never did much for me. Shane and Merle are the deaths that probably sucked only because they were actually good characters, maybe Dale too. I didn't care about Bob at all but I will always appreciate him for tainted meat.

Bandit1

Comic spoilers:
I kind of want TV Jessie to make it. She's a much stronger character than comic Jessie. Would be pretty awesome if Rick cuts Sam's arm off instead of Jessie's. Rick wipes out her entire family and makes her his own.

And anyone else think it will be the wolf who shoots out Carl's eye? As of now it looks like he'll be the only one running around with a gun.

MisterHero

Except Morgan is a great character compared to Lori and Andrea
Andrea was getting badass by the end of Season 2. The writers just piled an entire season of bad characterization and by the end everyone hated her.

The writers need rethink Morgan's worldview. The society before the apocalypse did not reintegrate savage killers. They got locked up or killed. Rick was a cop; he would know!

ZangBa

I just saw the episode and the look on Ron's face after Carl says his dad was an asshole was hilarious, like he was just enlightened by an obvious fact.

Morgan is just awful, a complete idiot. I wish the wolf just killed him there. He's more of a danger to Alexandria than the zombies.

I can understand Sam being a scared kid, but he's really calling for his mom when they said he needs to STFU or he's going to get everyone killed? He's more of a liability than Judith, FFS.

Tabris

Comic spoilers / TV predictions:
So he has the hand axe. He's going to cut off the arm. Carl is going to get shot. It's going exactly like the comics except Ron is going to be the one who shoots Carl and the little kid will get eaten. It will be little kid, then Jessie who won't let Carl go, then cut off hand, then Ron shoots Carl either on purpose or accidentally trying to free his Mom. He gets eaten while Rick runs Carl over to the doctor who is with the W guy that he'll kill right there. Then the doctor works on Carl while Rick goes HAM on the horde. It's going to be so great.

I wanted to give this show one last chance at keeping my viewership, but it's just too hard, especially with all the quality writing and other shows available. This show has become a caricature of what it started out as. Utilizing jump scares and 'character idiocy' early on helped to build the suspense and tension. Almost 7 seasons in, characters still trip and fall, ninja zombies come from nowhere and character idiocy still exists, tripping, falling, fumbling with their guns etc.

How many times can they get away with it? I mean we're supposed to believe that these zombies, who are now several years into the infection can still move super fast, they can magically tear into people's chests through their shirts with their fingers, break down gates and doors and double paned windows? Not to mention one weird group after another. Starting to suffer from not only red shirt syndrome, but the new enemy every week thing who is even weirder or different than the last. There's just too much 'convenience' and time wasting in the show, 8 episodes purposely padded out, to maximize full advertising. It's why all the accolades and awards have dried up.

Right on the fucking nose. This is why cable TV for most part is pure shit. Stretching out 16 episodes when they barely have enough content to fill 8 quality episodes.

First 3 episodes were great and then FIVE episodes of nothing. Fake tension and a bullshit twist that tricked no one (well mostly no one). But the most laughable shit is disappearing characters. Like do they do this to avoid paying them or something? It's hilarious. And Deanna's random bite which they have done for the millionth fucking time.

It's frustrating because the show can be great and is great when they try. But the lazyness in writing to padden half the season is garbage.

Tabris

Honestly guys, I was with you but it's going to get so good really fast. Even with shit writing and low budget, the upcoming source material (and when I mean upcoming I mean next episode) is really good.

So give episode 9 and 10 your final chance, then give up if it doesn't work for you.

En-ou

Originally Posted by Madness

I wanted to give this show one last chance at keeping my viewership, but it's just too hard, especially with all the quality writing and other shows available. This show has become a caricature of what it started out as. Utilizing jump scares and 'character idiocy' early on helped to build the suspense and tension. Almost 7 seasons in, characters still trip and fall, ninja zombies come from nowhere and character idiocy still exists, tripping, falling, fumbling with their guns etc.

How many times can they get away with it? I mean we're supposed to believe that these zombies, who are now several years into the infection can still move super fast, they can magically tear into people's chests through their shirts with their fingers, break down gates and doors and double paned windows? Not to mention one weird group after another. Starting to suffer from not only red shirt syndrome, but the new enemy every week thing who is even weirder or different than the last. There's just too much 'convenience' and time wasting in the show, 8 episodes purposely padded out, to maximize full advertising. It's why all the accolades and awards have dried up.

Right on the fucking nose. This is why cable TV for most part is pure shit. Stretching out 16 episodes when they barely have enough content to fill 8 quality episodes.

First 3 episodes were great and then FIVE episodes of nothing. Fake tension and a bullshit twist that tricked no one (well mostly no one). But the most laughable shit is disappearing characters. Like do they do this to avoid paying them or something? It's hilarious. And Deanna's random bite which they have done for the millionth fucking time.

It's frustrating because the show can be great and is great when they try. But the lazyness in writing to padden half the season is garbage.

spot on mates. what a fucking joke this show has become (british accent).

Comic spoilers:

I think the more likely arc is this: (comic spoilers)

Lucille scene
Morgan has a change of heart because "true evil"
Morgan dies avenging Glenn (or whoever ends up standing in for Glenn)

We'll know if
Glenn is on the way out if we get another prominent Asian character soon

They fumbled the ball with the midseason finale and the 2 episodes before that but we are a looooooong way from the Season 2 and Season 3 lows this show had. Season 1 was only 6 episodes and it still managed to have bad episodes. Or you compare the Season 2 premiere to the Season 6 premiere. No question that the writing and directing has improved over the years.

I've noticed that anytime there is conflict between the characters, some fans get upset. Conflict is the entire point. These are different people living in an extreme situation. If they agreed and killed everyone all the time, there wouldn't be villains or a show to watch. They still do silly stuff like trying to make us think Daryl is going to get taken down by one lone walker or that girl taking a nap on those walkers but Morgan and Carol not seeing eye to eye or people disagreeing with Rick's plan are what fuels the show.

But this finale was a hack job, considering what this show likes to do with cliffhangers, I find it very hard to believe that this is where they originally intended to leave off before the break. Not to mention all the other characters that were apparently cut that we haven't seen in forever.

This is basically how I feel. MSF would have been a fine setup for penultimate but for last ep of the year, it was garbage. I can't believe CARL was my favorite part. That's never happened before.

But I definitely agree that low moments here are nothing like 2-3. I was straight hatewatching until sometime in season 4, really. They just tried so hard to be clever and dramatic and shocking all the time that it was really ineffective to me, but around 4, the characters started to come more into their own, I think. I really like some of the slower, more introspective episodes, too. But I'm an outlier, really, and I get that. I'm interested to see how they handle what's coming.

Andrea was getting badass by the end of Season 2.

I just couldn't stand the actress. Her smug expressions and her style... hated her. And I love comic Andrea, man.

AMC is doing another zombie show outside of Walking Dead, correct? Wes Craven?

Heard something somewhere about them doing something with George Romero and his Empire of the Dead story, though I believe that's closer to I am Legend style vampiremen things.

99hertz

lkuFeVD.jpg

I like Morgan but he's being stupid. That guy doesn't exactly have a face that inspires hope. Well, a little bit, but mostly it inspires fear. That fucker isn't going to donate 99% of his shares to charity.

Daffy Duck

The season started off great, but it's sooo cheesy by the end, I mean the trips of people running away, Maggie not running to a house, yet up a set of ladders, the Deanna mstery bite out of nowhere.

Then the Glenn thing, which really annoyed me, yes I knew it was coming but jesus was it some contrived BS.

I still like the show and I want to see where we head next but the same old things are happening over and over and over again.

Red Mage

Comic spoilers / TV predictions:
So he has the hand axe. He's going to cut off the arm. Carl is going to get shot. It's going exactly like the comics except Ron is going to be the one who shoots Carl and the little kid will get eaten. It will be little kid, then Jessie who won't let Carl go, then cut off hand, then Ron shoots Carl either on purpose or accidentally trying to free his Mom. He gets eaten while Rick runs Carl over to the doctor who is with the W guy that he'll kill right there. Then the doctor works on Carl while Rick goes HAM on the horde. It's going to be so great.

That, except I'm pretty sure he'll
be aiming for Rick for chopping his mom's arm off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom