• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd say about 2.

That sounds about right. Some of the original things this show does have actually been pretty cool. Terminus was a mashup of a couple arcs, but it has one of my favorite moments in the show to date, the massacre in "Four Walls and a Roof" Rick's callback to his machete, whew. Plus Rambo Carol made people fall in love with her character.

I like when the show does remixes of comic moments. Keeps it fresh for everyone.

Super Duper Comic Spoilers

I like to think that we would get a whole season of All Out War, but I highly doubt it's in the budget. Plus there would probably be some pacing issues if it was just a constant barrage of fighting.

I like Negan well enough...but I find The Whisperers a way more frightening enemy. Their initial appearance was the first time I audibly said "Holy shit" while reading since Issue #100

satriales

Why is everyone saying Deanna is dead? She wasn't bitten and we didn't see her death. It's another Glenn-style fakeout but even more obvious.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Why is everyone saying Deanna is dead? She wasn't bitten and we didn't see her death. It's another Glenn-style fakeout but even more obvious.

Hallway full of walkers that she charged into, already barely able to stand, with no ammunition? She is dead.

If they are leaving anything open at all it is the prospect of her turning up as a zombie later on.

cacildo

This season had so much potential but it has turned to shit all because the characters keep making stupid ass decisions which make no sense.

This has been happening for 5 seasons

But we always look the other way thinking "it will get better". It wont

Go_Ly_Dow

You guys are really critical. I've loved this series, probably my favourite so far since the first series

I always try and keep an open mind, but no.....the writing and direction this season has been a shit show.

Its hard to overlook the stupidity of the characters actions.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They fumbled the ball with the midseason finale and the 2 episodes before that but we are a looooooong way from the Season 2 and Season 3 lows this show had. Season 1 was only 6 episodes and it still managed to have bad episodes. Or you compare the Season 2 premiere to the Season 6 premiere. No question that the writing and directing has improved over the years.

I've noticed that anytime there is conflict between the characters, some fans get upset. Conflict is the entire point. These are different people living in an extreme situation. If they agreed and killed everyone all the time, there wouldn't be villains or a show to watch. They still do silly stuff like trying to make us think Daryl is going to get taken down by one lone walker or that girl taking a nap on those walkers but Morgan and Carol not seeing eye to eye or people disagreeing with Rick's plan are what fuels the show.

But this finale was a hack job, considering what this show likes to do with cliffhangers, I find it very hard to believe that this is where they originally intended to leave off before the break. Not to mention all the other characters that were apparently cut that we haven't seen in forever.

Dalek

Knowing what is coming from reading the comics I have to say, I'm almost not looking forward to it because it is so bleak and just non-stop depressing. There's just an overwhelming sense of hopelessness from that entire storyline I don't know if I care to experience it again.

xrnzaaas

Crappy season so far. It started okay but went downhill after that. What they do Glenn was silly and all of the kids from Alexandria seriously need to die.

Consumer

One thing that really annoyed me was how often people tripped & fell to the ground this season, and seemed to forget how to stand back up. Several people died because of it. Daryl & Maggie fell and acted like they were sinking in quicksand or something. I mean, seriously? That's the most annoying, overused cliche in zombie media.

Oh, and I really hope Sam dies. They seemed to foreshadow it anyway with ep. 8's seemingly symbolic opening scene of Sam's sweet, innocent cookie being swarmed by the hungry, mindless ants. Hopefully Sam becomes the cookie. =)
Or it could've been foreshadowing Sam's loss of innocence (corruption) as perhaps he's going to kill somebody.

someday

Banned
Knowing what is coming from reading the comics I have to say, I'm almost not looking forward to it because it is so bleak and just non-stop depressing. There's just an overwhelming sense of hopelessness from that entire storyline I don't know if I care to experience it again.
I feel the same.

zugzug

Using the guts again fine but so clearly not having any on the neck or on the heads was whee fucking laziness. Are the actors to spoiled to get into character on the final scene of your mid season finalee. That was such a colassal film scene setup quit. Don't tell me it was another 100 degree day and everyone was tired.

Herbs

Banned
Using the guts again fine but so clearly not having any on the neck or on the heads was whee fucking laziness. Are the actors to spoiled to get into character on the final scene of your mid season finalee. That was such a colassal film scene setup quit. Don't tell me it was another 100 degree day and everyone was tired.

it wouldn't have been up to the actors to decide.

It was totally awesome to see all of those conversations during the horde breaking in. Gripping television and just what I come for. They've somehow elevated the Zombies to a level of boring that previously only the characters inhabited. Bravo. What a shit show. Can't wait to see the rest of this plot-line. Comic Spoilers
hopefully Coral getting his head blown apart is a bit cathartic and hopefully somehow the bullet passes through Judith on the way to his skull

Madness

I wanted to give this show one last chance at keeping my viewership, but it's just too hard, especially with all the quality writing and other shows available. This show has become a caricature of what it started out as. Utilizing jump scares and 'character idiocy' early on helped to build the suspense and tension. Almost 7 seasons in, characters still trip and fall, ninja zombies come from nowhere and character idiocy still exists, tripping, falling, fumbling with their guns etc.

How many times can they get away with it? I mean we're supposed to believe that these zombies, who are now several years into the infection can still move super fast, they can magically tear into people's chests through their shirts with their fingers, break down gates and doors and double paned windows? Not to mention one weird group after another. Starting to suffer from not only red shirt syndrome, but the new enemy every week thing who is even weirder or different than the last. There's just too much 'convenience' and time wasting in the show, 8 episodes purposely padded out, to maximize full advertising. It's why all the accolades and awards have dried up.

Herbs

Banned
I wanted to give this show one last chance at keeping my viewership, but it's just too hard, especially with all the quality writing and other shows available. This show has become a caricature of what it started out as. Utilizing jump scares and 'character idiocy' early on helped to build the suspense and tension. Almost 7 seasons in, characters still trip and fall, ninja zombies come from nowhere and character idiocy still exists, tripping, falling, fumbling with their guns etc.

How many times can they get away with it? I mean we're supposed to believe that these zombies, who are now several years into the infection can still move super fast, they can magically tear into people's chests through their shirts with their fingers, break down gates and doors and double paned windows? Not to mention one weird group after another. Starting to suffer from not only red shirt syndrome, but the new enemy every week thing who is even weirder or different than the last. There's just too much 'convenience' and time wasting in the show, 8 episodes purposely padded out, to maximize full advertising. It's why all the accolades and awards have dried up.

what awards?

Loomba

Cya in February!

Seriously though I'm getting to be the same way, just too much idiocy and filler to keep justify watching week to week. It works so much better as a binge watch, because if you get a "boring" episode it doesn't matter much.

I would wait until the end of the season to finish before watching again but I wanna see Jeffery Dean Morgan HAM it up.

I've found that watching it as an unintentional comedy legit makes me enjoy the show more.

It's the same way they did it the first time:

607edab01f3ce833d9c700fa4bca1d6c.jpg

Carol's the only one to do that. In Season 1 and other seasons, they just put the gore on their bodies/clothes

Pepiope

You don't put guts on Rick's beard.

One thing that really annoyed me was how often people tripped & fell to the ground this season, and seemed to forget how to stand back up. Several people died because of it. Daryl & Maggie fell and acted like they were sinking in quicksand or something. I mean, seriously? That's the most annoying, overused cliche in zombie media.

Oh, and I really hope Sam dies. They seemed to foreshadow it anyway with ep. 8's seemingly symbolic opening scene of Sam's sweet, innocent cookie being swarmed by the hungry, mindless ants. Hopefully Sam becomes the cookie. =)
Or it could've been foreshadowing Sam's loss of innocence (corruption) as perhaps he's going to kill somebody.

The ants on the cookie was to symbolize the zombies swarming the city.

I hope Rick shoots Morgan right between the eyes.

No, Carol should jam his own stick down his throat. And then she should proceed to skin those 3 idiots alive. Handing over their guns to the dude who only had a freaking knife. Ahhhhh the stupidity! At least it didn't make me outright burst into laughter like Spencer did when he went all Nathan Drake out of nowhere like an utter fool.

dustyherb

Super Duper Comic Spoilers
I like to think that we would get a whole season of All Out War, but I highly doubt it's in the budget. Plus there would probably be some pacing issues if it was just a constant barrage of fighting.

I like Negan well enough...but I find The Whisperers a way more frightening enemy. Their initial appearance was the first time I audibly said "Holy shit" while reading since Issue #100

Comic spoilers
i think we could definitely get a whole season of all out war. It had two parts in the comics so there's definitely enough there especially when they add some new stuff to keep things fresh. There were four arcs after the death of Glen by Negan and I could see each of those getting half a season easily. If the governor got a season and a half then they could easily make two seasons out of the all that material.

I really do wanna get to the whisperer tho as well. Like you said there a legit scary enemy and it's the first time I've felt like Rick and everyone could easily loose. Plus Alpha is not someone to fuck with.

dustyherb

I really feel like Rosita should have been able to shoot the wolf dude when he took the woman hostage.
Rosita and Tara could have both nailed that dude if they really wanted to I bet. I think it's more that they didn't want to take any chances at all of Denise being injured in the process She's the only "Doc" left in town so they really do need her. I'm sure the wolf will leave her alive for the time being cause he needs her. Gives the group time to mount a rescue of some kind hopefully.

The thing that irks me is the characters act so dumb. The moment to moment decision making is so wack. The fumbling. Falling down. The off sense of space. Its like the only way they can create tension in the action scenes. And the damn ninja zombies. And writing aint that great. The conflict and everybody not agreeing is fine. Just the stuff wrapped all around is not the greatest.

I watched all these seasons and i am still entertained as i love zombies and this bleak world stuff. But man, there is major flaws. And the characters are so damn dumb on how they react and handle situations. I just shake my head, lol.

But here i am. Still watching. There must be some good nuggets in there, haha.

Edwardo

Rosita and Tara could have both nailed that dude if they really wanted to I bet. I think it's more that they didn't want to take any chances at all of Denise being injured in the process She's the only "Doc" left in town so they really do need her. I'm sure the wolf will leave her alive for the time being cause he needs her. Gives the group time to mount a rescue of some kind hopefully.

Ya, that's what I was thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom