• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Ricks not at governor level yet but he's slowly heading there. The show even makes the comparison directly with the scene where Tara is noticing the similarities. Anyway I'm not looking to change your mind, just giving my opinion. I get that he has justifications and reasons but I still feel he goes too far at times and the writers are trying to say that.

My brother and I were just talking about the scene with Tara, which is an awesome contemplative addition to Rick's war plan. However, she's referring to the governor's direction to do something with little to no insight or explanation for what's going on (doing the "right" thing). I don't think it was a reference to something like "he just cut a guys head off with a sword" type of insanity the governor had.

There are still very clear distinctions between Rick and the Governor in their actions; even if Rick is becoming more cold, he's not a psycho killer.

Consumer

It's pretty obvious someone's gonna die this ep, but I like how they've done a lot of foreshadowing with several different characters to throw off comic readers who think they know who's gonna die. I think it'll be different than the comic.

Or maybe all those characters are gonna die, lol.

My brother and I were just talking about the scene with Tara, which is an awesome contemplative addition to Rick's war plan. However, she's referring to the governor's direction to do something with little to no insight or explanation for what's going on (doing the "right" thing). I don't think it was a reference to something like "he just cut a guys head off with a sword" type of insanity the governor had.

There are still very clear distinctions between Rick and the Governor in their actions; even if Rick is becoming more cold, he's not a psycho killer.

She clearly reacted to the "kill them all" line.

I think with tonight's episode will be underwhelming because all of the extreme violence in this season. If they end it on a cliffhanger it will ruin the season for me.

Nameless

It's pretty obvious someone's gonna die this ep, but I like how they've done a lot of foreshadowing with several different characters to throw off comic readers who think they know who's gonna die. I think it'll be different than the comic.

Or maybe all those characters are gonna die, lol.

I've been thinking Daryl is going to die after he conveniently got his bow and bike back. It's like the writers wanted to let fans see the character fully leveled one more time before destroying him for ever.

Surfinn

She clearly reacted to the "kill them all" line.
I'll have to rewatch it, I don't remember. That's interesting.

I've been thinking Daryl is going to die after he conveniently got his bow and bike back. It's like the writers wanted to let fans see the character fully leveled one more time before destroying him for ever.

Would feel out of nowhere for it to be Daryl. If they kill him, they should have done something with his character before sending him off. It won't have the same impact it should.

Nameless

I'll have to rewatch it, I don't remember. That's interesting.

Would feel out of nowhere for it to be Daryl. If they kill him, they should have done something with his character before sending him off. It won't have the same impact it should.

Idk, I feel like Daryl has been driving the plot a good bit this season, especially as it relates to The Saviors:

-everything with Dwight earlier in the season
-blowing up the biker brigade
-coming up with the idea of using murdered Saviors as currency for Hilltop's supplies
-the second run in with Dwight and The Saviors on the tracks which led to Denise's death.

And of course recklessly getting he and his comrades captured after not being able to deal with the death of another 'little sister', Sofia and Beth being the first two. Besides, any original Atlanta Survivor dying is a big deal.

Idk, I feel like Daryl has been driving the plot a good bit this season, especially as it relates to The Saviors:

-coming up with the idea of using murdered Saviors as currency for Hilltop's supplies
-the second run in with Dwight and The Saviors on the tracks which led to Denise's death.

And of course recklessly getting he and his comrades captured after not being able to deal with the death of another 'little sister', Sofia and Beth being the first two. Besides, any original Atlanta Survivor dying is a big deal.
I honestly think Darryl could have ambushed Saviors if Glenn and company did not follow him and make a splash. I blame their being captured on them. Even Rosita says that we should let him finish the job. But noo, Glenn did not have enough by almost dying near a dumpster. He wants to babysit fucking Darryl Dixon? Glenn pls die.

Nameless

I honestly think Darryl could have ambushed Saviors if Glenn and company did not follow him and make a splash. I blame their being captured on them. Even Rosita says that we should let him finish the job. But noo, Glenn did not have enough by almost dying near a dumpster. He wants to babysit fucking Darryl Dixon? Glenn pls die.

Maybe. But by all accounts Dwight would have eventually come to them. Kill him while defending your home instead of going on some crazy 1 vs. 10+ stealth mission. Yeah Glenn was being Glenn as fuck, but these people are legitimately family at this point. Can't blame him & Michonne for wanting to act to stop someone they love from needlessly risking their life.

SamuraiX-

Preview of Episode 616, “Last Day on Earth” - AMC | International

(Preview/Promo Spoilers)
I don't think I've ever watched a next episode preview for this show as many times as this one. At least 20-30 times over the course of this week. "Hi. I'm Negan." I mean, I can't even describe how chilling the delivery of that simple line is. I really hope there's no added audio effects there because JDM bringing Negan to life is making me have a serious nerdgasm. Combined with a tease shot from the back and flashes of the barbwire'd bat... The Governor's introduction is one I was incredibly hyped for but it ended up being meh, especially when it took over half the season to finally come face to face with Rick. I really do believe that Gimple and co are going to deliver with flying colors on this one.

I usually watch new episodes on Monday through the iTunes Store or psn store. Being the season finale is hyped to destroy all life as we know it, I need to watch it Sunday. Does anyone know how quickly the new episodes are put on the iTunes or playstation store?

If you have any PlayStation console they're doing a week free-trial on PlayStation Vue, and AMC is on there (Just remember to cancel). This is assuming you don't have the channel on cable/are located in the US.

This is how I'm gonna watch it, since my tv provider dropped AMC and I don't want to be spoiled at work the next day lol

SamuraiX-

(Finale Preview/Promo/Comic Spoilers) EPs Robert Kirkman and David Alpert were interviewed by Access Hollywood at the premiere screening of FTWD Season 2 in LA. They talk about the casting of Jeffrey Dean Morgan and what to expect from the finale.

Robert Kirkman said:
"I think the best way to put it (regarding the finale) is that it's a gut punch. You've been watching this show for six seasons, and you think you know the rules, and you think you know how things are gonna go and you really don't. It's an element that's thrown in that changes everything. And it puts you in a place that, going into Season 7 and beyond, you have no idea what you expect."
David Alpert said:
"I am so excited to see the horrified faces on all of my coworkers when I walk into the office on Monday morning because people are going to be losing their minds. This weekend's episode is going to melt the Internet."

Made this today.

4SspO6G.jpg

SamuraiX-

(Comic Spoilers Through Issue 108)
Can't believe a hint of this didn't cross my mind when watching 615 last Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarqzmoac0k The armored guy Rick and Morgan came across was most likely a horseman from The Kingdom. In the analysis video, the armor definitely fits the bill. The weapon is most likely from trading with Hilltop. Nice little touch by the EPs to give us a taste of what's to come in Season 7.

Also, another cool analysis on the Saviors' whistling we first heard in 615: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD6MFmdTu3U (Finale Preview/Sneak Peek Spoilers)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can't believe a hint of this didn't cross my mind when watching 615 last Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarqzmoac0k The armored guy Rick and Morgan came across was most likely a horseman from The Kingdom. In the analysis video, the armor definitely fits the bill. The weapon is most likely from trading with Hilltop. Nice little touch by the EPs to give us a taste of what's to come in Season 7.

Also, another cool analysis on the Saviors' whistling we first heard in 615: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD6MFmdTu3U (Finale Preview/Sneak Peek Spoilers)

I screamed "
THE KINGDOM
" in from of my family when I saw it, they thought I was a fucking moron.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Nice catch! :D

Dalek

They've written Carrol into a mystery in recent episodes. Currently who knows how she will react in a given situation, she is all over the place. To me her actions just don't add up with all that she has gone through in recent years. Maybe her past life and the memories that are tied to that fucks her up from time to time. If that is the case then they have done a piss poor job of developing that angle.

She's worked HARD to figure it out, to get to where she is today. She is a fierce, loyal, respected friend, an asset, and is loved by the group. It is because of her that they live. They take turns saving each others ass.

And let's be honest, Carrol sowing a gun into her sleeve reveals that she isn't completely clueless. She understands that she will meet hostiles on the road. The world she lives in demands a certain awareness, alertness, and a mental aptitude capable of self preservation, sometimes at all costs. Because who the fuck wants to die if you can help it? She was pushed and she pushed back - of course that was going to happen.

While not as silly as Daryl the contrivances the writers have put her through makes me indifferent to her, and perhaps that is the point. To slowly wean the viewers off Carrol the "ultimate bad ass" and into a character who is at her limit, ready to let go, and die. But then she had the chance to let go and die, and she choose not to. So who the fuck knows at this point what the writers have in store for her.

I agree with you on this. It's hard as s viewer to accept some of these character decisions out of left field.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The sixth season finale airs tonight!

Last Day on Earth

In the sixth-season finale, Rick and the group must go outside the walls to save one of their own, but what they experience on the road will change their lives forever.

The episode was written by Scott M. Gimple (who last wrote 6.4 'Here's Not Here', the Morgan flashback episode) and Matthew Negrete (who last wrote 6.14 'Twice as Far', the one where Denise dies), and was directed by Greg Nicotero (who last directed 6.12 'Not Tomorrow Yet', the one where Rick and Co. murk Negan's goons in their sleep).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Norman Reedus (Daryl)
Scott M. Gimple (showrunner, writer)
Robert Kirkman (creator)

GET HYPE

MattyH

The sixth season finale airs tonight!

The episode was written by Scott M. Gimple (who last wrote 6.4 'Here's Not Here', the Morgan flashback episode) and Matthew Negrete (who last wrote 6.14 'Twice as Far', the one where Denise dies), and was directed by Greg Nicotero (who last directed 6.12 'Not Tomorrow Yet', the one where Rick and Co. murk Negan's goons in their sleep).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Norman Reedus (Daryl)
Scott M. Gimple (showrunner, writer)
Robert Kirkman (creator)

GET HYPE

chances of daryl meeting Lucile just got raised maybe

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Comic readers.
We get it. He has a baseball bat named Lucile and he's going to kill someone with it. You have reminded us of this on every fucking page since this season started.

Surfinn

Right, and while I agree that his literal actions drive part of the story forward, how much character development has he had this season? Almost none. Wish they at least attempt to do this if he does eventually die in the future. They should have picked him and not Carol, or maybe tied their relationship together since apparently all their feelings and emotions for each other building over the course of seasons is downright non-existent. Leave it to the writers though to throw that all away. And no, their 20 second conversation doesn't count.

What happened to their connection?

RDreamer

Man, I really wish buying this on iTunes worked like HBO Now or something and it was put up right when the show starts. I've got off tonight and it'd be perfect to sit down and watch this when it airs, but iTunes puts it up tomorrow... which means I won't be able to see it until Tuesday at the earliest after everyone's spoiled everything for me.

ugh

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah. Comic readers.
We get it. He has a baseball bat named Lucile and he's going to kill someone with it. You have reminded us of this on every fucking page since this season started.

There aren't a whole lot of iconic, spoilable moments left in the comics, so at least there's that! :/

SamuraiX-

Watching this Season 6 marathon, I'm really sad that Denise is gone. She brought a unique charisma to the show and I would've loved to see more of her interactions with Daryl and Eugene... Conversations with Abraham would have probably been pretty amazing too. :(

Watching this Season 6 marathon, I'm really sad that Denise is gone. She brought a unique charisma to the show and I would've loved to see more of her interactions with Daryl and Eugene... Conversations with Abraham would have probably been pretty amazing too. :(
I was legit shocked when her death happened

2.5 more hrs until the internet nerds are in outrage over something while most casual audiences are in absolute love and going ape shit on social media and loving every second. Aka every time something notable happens on walking dead.

Should be good times.

What if by the end of the episode rick finds another town where the leader is....him. He doesn't tell anyone and just starts trying to find a way to kill alt-rick or dark-rick. But then alt-rick gets the upperhand and kills real rick and secretly returns to alexandria as their leader and none of them realize the difference. There's a hint that carl notices him acting a tad bit different though.

SEASON 7.

Rewatching last weeks Rick and michonnes scene . Ricks arrogance man that whole if they come we'll end it.
Yea dude's gone all sloppy after he started shagging michonne. He just takes the easy way out of any problems now. We'll just spawncamp saviors. Just shoot dude in cold blood because he said he's negan. Shoot the guy running away. I really dislike Rick this season. Contrary to gaf I'm on team Morgan. Rick's the kind of player who will say friendly on radio and then kill you on first sight in DayZ and take your can of beans and your broken rifle while you're camping by yourself in the middle of a forest. Morgan will not.

Yea dude's gone all sloppy after he started shagging michonne. He just takes the easy way out of any problems now. We'll just spawncamp saviors. Just shoot dude in cold blood because he said he's negan. Shoot the guy running away. I really dislike Rick this season. Contrary to gaf I'm on team Morgan. Rick's the kind of player who will say friendly on radio and then kill you on first sight in DayZ and take your can of beans and your broken rifle while you're camping by yourself in the middle of a forest. Morgan will not.
Ha nice dayZ reference

he kept jesus alive, which ended up being the right choice...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Rewatching last weeks Rick and michonnes scene . Ricks arrogance man that whole if they come we'll end it.

Rick has been extremely arrogant this season. I guess with reason. Between The Governor and Terminus, they have to feel like the baddest kids on the block.

If it ends on a damn cliffhanger I'm fucking done
Walking Dead finale checklist:

Outrage over everything every character does
Outrage over amount of commercials
Outrage over "filler" scenes
Outrage over commercials again
Outrage over ending regardless of how it ends
"I'm done with this show"
"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7

ViciousDS

Banned

"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7

Ssshhhhhhh only lies!!!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7

I fully expect I'll check off at least two of those tonight. Not the done with the show part though. Good or bad I'm in it for the long haul.

"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7
:lol

"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7
Pretty much any show

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

"Fucking stupid"
Comes back for season 7

So you're familiar with the Arrow Season 3 and Season 4 threads, I see. Lol

zer0das

Banned
I love watching the show on VOD on Amazon, because you realize half the playtime is commercials after comparing the actual play time to the one stated beforehand. It is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom