• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 month EA Access for $24

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It's charging me $3 for shipping :/

And tax. $28.78 WITH the promo code.

No deal here. Move along.

leeh

But they did it to protect you from bad value !
Personally, I feel like they used this excuse because they didn't want to dedicate engineering resource to support EA Access. The licensing works different to usual titles on the Xbox, as the usual game sharing trick doesn't work with it. So there must be some propitiatory solution implemented.

Great offer though, my friend whom I game share with has EA Access, but I don't get any of the games :(

Does anyone know of any offers in the UK?

Personally, I feel like they used this excuse because they didn't want to dedicate engineering resource to support EA Access. The licensing works different to usual titles on the Xbox, as the usual game sharing trick doesn't work with it. So there must be some propitiatory solution implemented.

Great offer though, my friend whom I game share with has EA Access, but I don't get any of the games :(

That's not right, the vault games are shared in my experience. The ea access subscriber needs to "buy" them first though.

Edit: the 10% rebate and the limited time trials are not shared.

leeh

That's not right, the vault games are shared in my experience. The ea access subscriber needs to "buy" them first though.

Edit: the 10% rebate and the limited time trials are not shared.
Really? Any extra steps to get this to happen? For example, my friend gets a game on EA Access, but I can't select to install it. If I load the EA Access app, it doesn't allow me in.

nOoblet16

They did it because it was a competition to PS plus. They said that because they have PS plus free games it seems like bad value to have another subscription based service that does the same thing.

Though I say give us the choice.

leeh

They did it because it was a competition to PS plus. They said that because they have PS plus free games it seems like bad value to have another subscription based service that does the same thing.

Though I say give us the choice.
That's what they said, I just don't believe it. Anyone can look at EA Access and see why it's a lot different to PS Plus/GFG. I feel like they released that statement because it's trendy to think EA are rip-offs, and that people would agree.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Read the topic and thought, man, I really should dive in for that. Then I remembered it's not on PS4. Thanks Sony for stopping me from wasting money on a rental service I don't need!

/renews PS+

nOoblet16

That's what they said, I just don't believe it. Anyone can look at EA Access and see why it's a lot different to PS Plus/GFG. I feel like they released that statement because it's trendy to think EA are rip-offs, and that people would agree.
And I don't believe what you are claiming is true. If it's a propertiary solution then it doesn't affect Sony at all since EA will be handling the licensing.

We've known for a while that Sony is open to ideas from developers and publishers alike, more so than Microsoft...who has extensive policies that end up limiting them (for instance we know cross play doesn't exist because MS won't allow it, or the platform release date policy etc). Given all of that, I am not inclined to believe that EA access not being on PS4 has anything to do with Sony not being willing to cooperate or put effort with EA.

And it's not a lot different, they are both very similar services. Sure there are some difference like PS plus is required for Multiplayer and EA access gives subscribers early access to new games, but that doesnt make them vastly different since outside of these they are both very similar in that they provide subscribers with free games (as long as you are a subscriber), early access to beta/demo, discounts etc for a monthly fee.

Chobel

This doesn't make any sense, even a small number of EA access subscribers will be enough to cover the costs of these one time only "engineering resources".

leeh

This doesn't make any sense, even a small number of EA access subscribers will be enough to cover the costs of these one time only "engineering resources".
It's far from cheap, but I'm not arguing about that, I just can't see any other reason for why they'd deny it, what I posted above was just an idea. The current reasoning just makes no sense.

93xfan

Banned
EA Acess is a cool idea... for now. I just worry that some day more companies will be doing something similar and may even start to require a subscription to use their new games.

Rembrandt

Banned
EA Acess is a cool idea... for now. I just worry that some day more companies will be doing something similar and may even start to require a subscription to use their new games.

I hope more companies do and that won't happen, it wouldn't even make sense like those multiplayer codes pubs tried to push last gen.

StereoVsn

Sony really blew it not going for this. Awesome service

Did they really from business sense? Doesn't look like it made a huge choice in selection of hardware. Also it discourages other publishers from pulling same thing.

From customer perspective it is too bad of course.

Do these codes expire or stack?

My membership is up in August but would gladly stack it for this price or hold onto it if it doesn't expire.

Rembrandt

Banned
Did they really from business sense? Doesn't look like it made a huge choice in selection of hardware. Also it discourages other publishers from pulling same thing.

From customer perspective it is too bad of course.

I really doubt Sony not supporting is why other pubs aren't doing it. It's more likely because very few pubs have so many games on an annual or biannual schedule like EA.

Great price.

Btw just say, where i live (in Hungary/Magyarország), 1 year EA Access is 5990 HUF (circa 20,97 USD; 1,74USD/month!!!)

http://www.xbox.com/hu-HU/entertainment/xbox-one/live-apps/ea-access

217403_capture.thumb.jpg

1 month: 990HUF (3,46USD)
1 year: 5990HUF (20,97USD)

One problem: PayPal not allowed, only credit card.

EBreda

I'm sorry, but game sharing works all the same. The only things that are not shareable are the 10 hour trials and the discount. Full games are shareable for sure.

eksy

Banned
I might have to get this. EA said they are releasing 3 new IPs in 2016. They also said they wanted to do something like AssCreed. Also Mirrors Edge Cat.

Its actually SONY not wanting this on PS4 as it directly competes with and a way better value proposition than plus, which has a very high risk of their existing and new subscribers switching over to this if available. Hence you the usual PR bullshit like "Our consumers don't see the value in this service" etc.

EthanC

Banned
I disagree. It's just EA games, pretty limited service there. Plus EA games get cheap to buy quite quick, I personally don't think anything of real value was lost.

Yeah, it's *just* EA, guys. It's not like they're one of the biggest game publishers in the world. Pshhh.

speedomodel

Not sure about this...price is good but the games just don't interest me at this time, the ones that do I already own/have played and finished.

amardilo

What games makes this worth it?

Guess it depends on what games you like. The games currently in the vault are:
Battlefield 4
Madden NFL 25
FIFA 14
Peggle 2
Need for Speed Rivals
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
EA Sports UFC
NBA Live 15
Madden NFL 15
NHL 15
FIFA 15
Titanfall
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Battlefield Hardline

For me Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Battlefield Hardline make it for me. Also the FIFA games were great when they were more current.

The other thing is you get a small discount on EA purchases.

Glix

I'm just looking into this now, I've heard it mentioned but never really cared...

Seems like a great value, I'm bummed it's not for PS4!

Q: Do games ever get pulled from the vault, or once they are there, they are there forever?

I'm just looking into this now, I've heard it mentioned but never really cared...

Q: Do games ever get pulled from the vault, or once they are there, they are there forever?

They stay in the vault.

jaxpunk

I've had it since it launched, I don't know why. Not a fan of sports games, plants vs zombies was cool for a minute. Battlefield hardline is super stupid. It's meh, I could see it being an amazing deal if you like sports though.

diaspora

AFAIK, nothing has been pulled yet.

Rembrandt

Banned
I've had it since it launched, I don't know why. Not a fan of sports games, plants vs zombies was cool for a minute. Battlefield hardline is super stupid. It's meh, I could see it being an amazing deal if you like sports though.

Don't like NFS, Dragon Age, Titanfall or UFC?

For <$30, you get access to these 3 plus at least 5 other games for a year. that's an insane deal.

Top Bottom