• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15,000 Bees swarm the U.S. Capitol building

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
GOP's not on board.

Just get the bees to join the military and the GOP will be all over it like... Well, honey.

140436232967.jpg

15000 bees...I always wondered how they managed to count huge bees swarms. Is "bee counter" a hobby yet ? Do you need something like this ?
8BFvTI1.jpg

Could be Africanized bees. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck hitting bees with that rifle.

What the fuck is the thought process of the guy carrying around a huge machine gun when bees are the problem?

What? Crowd control? People might run out of the building in a panic? I might be able to hit some bees with this machine gun?

Is that a real picture, or just an out of context image of some police man holding a giant machine gun and smiling?
These are all joke posts right?

You realize this guy is US Capitol police, as in the guys who protect the halls of government. That's why they are heavily armed.

Glad to learn that they are an exception and the rest of american police isn't as heavily armed as the praetorian guards :)

Xe4

Banned
Glad to learn that they are an exception and the rest of american police isn't as heavily armed as the praetorian guards :)

Are we really making this an issue right now? Really? C'mon police militarization is a big deal, but that's a separate topic. No one should have a problem with these guards here and people just saying "Merica" without thinking what those guards could be for have no idea what they're talking about.

It's gonna be funny when all the bees die out and kids are like "Daddy what is that!?" from watching this old X-files film.

No, no it won't.

You are assuming the bees do not wipe us all out first.

Or perhaps it will be the aliens that wipe us all out, using the bees of course as their faithful, evil emissaries.

It will be funny in an ironic kinda way when that happens, I tell ya what.

cajunator

Banned
What the fuck is the thought process of the guy carrying around a huge machine gun when bees are the problem?

What? Crowd control? People might run out of the building in a panic? I might be able to hit some bees with this machine gun?

Is that a real picture, or just an out of context image of some police man holding a giant machine gun and smiling?

Huge machine gun?

FStop7

Banned

Eh. I've seen armed military patrolling streets in France and Italy. It seems relatively common there.

But "murica" away, by all means.

akira28

You realize Capital security carry rifles? They also cordon off areas with the bees. The rifle is not to fight the bees. Don't live your life by knee jerk reactions.

he's right. the rifle is to fight anyone who might anger the bees and cause an escalation. They have smoke grenades for the bees.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah, you come off smart when you're first instinct is that the police take out assault rifles for bee attacks. :)

Well, they throw dead people on the ground and cuff them so...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Live footage of the escape from the capitol

bees-o.gif

Atenhaus

I take it you've never been to Paris, London, or Rome. Police/military are armed with assault rifles and patrol there regularly.

But of course, keep doing your whole 'Murica schtick.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jokes aside he looks like Capitol Police. They're pretty heavily armed by default because they're the first line of defense if there's an attack.

10042301_H11383583-600x436.jpg

Yeah ok, that makes sense.

The context of the image seemed to be - here's a heavily armed trooper responding to bee attacks with... a big ass rifle.

Zaptruder

Banned
I take it you've never been to Paris, London, or Rome. Police/military are armed with assault rifles and patrol there regularly.

But of course, keep doing your whole 'Murica schtick.

No, I've never been to those places. No I didn't realize American troopers patrol with assault rifles around the capitol building.

If you're missing that bit of information (not immediately obvious), the picture presented in the context of a bee attack IS PRETTY FUCKING LUDICROUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom