• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

julls said:
some asswipe knocked/kicked my GP1 over today in the carpark after work - big dent on one side whre its been kicked/hit and the other side, all the panels are cracked, and the mirrors are bent. its a closed carpark so i doubt anyone knocked it with a car.

FUCK, i hate people. so much.

UGH, I feel your pain. How much is it going to cost? I got of fairly easy with the indicator (though the 84 Shadow is the most retarded design ever for indicator lights).

Here's a trio of pics of my GSXR.

newikepaint002.jpg

SDC10027.jpg

SDC10029.jpg

Glubags said:
Do it... I browsed used listings forever and couldn't make up my mind... went to the local Kawasaki dealer and sat on an '09... that was all it took. You won't regret it... it's a stellar first bike.

Going to look at a 2008 Ninja 250 tonight from a private seller.

Once I actually sat down to talk seriously with the dealer, they moved their friendly "we can usually get these out the door for close to msrp ($4k)" bar to "about $5500."

Fuuuuuck that. I did just see a cherry 2007 GS500F for $3400. I want it...but the seller is a bit too far away for me to get out there (and then potentially get it home). Oh well, I'm pretty set on the ninjette anyway.

etiolate

Banned
Does anyone know if Honda plans on bringing back the Big Ruckus? I know they still make the 49cc version, but I'd like something highway legal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
akmcbroom said:
Here's my little beauty.

>>Pictures<<

OMG. Is that an 09? Because that's such a sweet looking "modern" bike. *goes to Ducati to find what model it is*

I really want to get a motorcycle, but I dunno where to start. I hear Ninja's are a good starter bike, and while I want to get an old one ('02-'03?) I'm not too sure if it really is (Since the only two-wheel motored thing I've been on are scooters :lol ).

Man all the bikes in here looks nice, though. I'm so wanting a nice looking/feeling ride. Would be nice to replace my car. :(

FooFighter said:

I'm not a Harley guy, but that was pretty cool.

fastford58 said:
Here's a trio of pics of my GSXR.

Nice! How much did the paint job run you?

TheSeks said:
I really want to get a motorcycle, but I dunno where to start. I hear Ninja's are a good starter bike, and while I want to get an old one ('02-'03?) I'm not too sure if it really is (Since the only two-wheel motored thing I've been on are scooters ).

Yeah man, can't go wrong with a Ninja to start. I ride a 600 and it's a great bike. If it's a sport bike you want, Kawasakis are definitely the best value for the money. They cost less than everything else but match the competition in performance.

kylej

Banned
TheSeks said:
Man all the bikes in here looks nice, though. I'm so wanting a nice looking/feeling ride. Would be nice to replace my car. :(

You have your whole life ahead of you to ride. Start with something ugly that can be used and abused without worrying about scratches. A Ninja 250 accelerates 0-60 3 seconds slower than liter bikes. Count three seconds in your head. Small and light = fun for everyday use. Buy an older Ninja 250, spend $1000 on gear and enjoy this amazing hobby for many years.

Absinthe

TheSeks said:
OMG. Is that an 09? Because that's such a sweet looking "modern" bike. *goes to Ducati to find what model it is*

I really want to get a motorcycle, but I dunno where to start. I hear Ninja's are a good starter bike, and while I want to get an old one ('02-'03?) I'm not too sure if it really is (Since the only two-wheel motored thing I've been on are scooters :lol ).

It's an 07, and puts a smile on my face every day. :D

Ninja 250 would be a great starter bike, or try a Suzuki SV650. Both bikes are really good if your just starting to ride.

Went on a group ride today with a bunch of people from work. Oh man. I love being on back ass country roads. We were definitely cooking. It doesn't happen often, but I had a fun and surprising moment while coming out of a corner. I was in 2nd and opened it wide as I started going into the straight. I didn't realize the slope ahead and I did the equivalent of an 11 o'clock wheelie :lol. I laughed quite a bit afterward. I like stupid shit like that.

akmcbroom said:
Thank You...

Is that your bike in the sig?

Mhmm.

From when it was stock and I had just gotten it:

r1_diag.jpg

Now it has Akrapovic carbon fiber slip-on and y pipe (plus hidden stuff like BMC race filter and PC V), white R&G race cut sliders, fender eliminator, Watsen Design front flush mounts. I'm about to put a Zero Gravity double bubble screen on - something I've been meaning to do for a while. I need to take new pictures :lol

edit: ....and so I did after tightening/cleaning/lubing the chain and cleaning the bike. It was bright out so the pearl white really reflects. Had to bump the exposure down while taking the photos AND while processing them.

Front
r1front.jpg

Rear
r1rear.jpg

Rear diag
r1rightrear.jpg

Chicken strip shots of rear tire (right and left side, respectively)
rightchickenstrip.jpg
leftchickenstrip.jpg

So this past weekend I finally made it out to my local dealership. They were sold out of the Ninja 250 so unfortunately I wasn't able to get a feel for it. I did park my ass on the Suzuki GS500f, Suzuki Bandit, and the Ninja 650r. Dudes who worked at the dealership came off as elitist assholes for the most part. I mentioned I was interested in a 250 being a beginner and they immediately dismissed it and recommended the 650r. Though I must say, the 650r felt fucking nice. Fit like a glove. Can't wait to get my permit this week!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Glubags said:
ninja250tb2.jpg

It's an '09 Ninja 250R. I see a few of you own one as well. :D My friends all told me to get a bigger bike, but I'm 100% happy with this as my choice for a starter. I've been in some hairy situations, and it has been forgiving enough to get me out of them with the shiny side up. I'm more than certain that if I'd been on a 600cc supersport, I'd have gone down.

Mods so far: rear fender gone, full Two Brothers VALE M-2 exhaust, rear seat cowl on the way... and I've had a K&N filter and jet kit waiting until I have more free time to install them.

The TB full exhaust sounds fucking GREAT.

Nice bike friend. :) I was either getting a red or blue one after my totaled black one. I chose red, but I loved this white and gold one so much I think thats my plan for next spring. Paint it pearl white or silver, and powder coating the wheels gold...

beast_250r_white1.jpg

I love that color scheme! anyways, the TB is definately a good buy for the 250r, makes it sound like an actual motorcycle instead of a scooter.

How much was the filter and jet kit for you?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Glubags said:
Jet kit was $80 from the shop (Factory Pro config 30), I had to do some research to order the filter myself. Found this K&N universal filter with perfect spacing for the dual carb setup, $35.
Do you know how much gain you get from it? I'm not expecting huge difference being that theres so much power you can give a 250r. Just curious, obviously you feel it's worth it by going through with it. I plan on keeping my 250r for a while, at least 2 more years so I wonder if I should add it to my list of wanted upgrades/mods.

JayDub said:
Sweet, MINIMAL chicken strips. :) You really ride your money's worth, don't you?:lol

I try :D

I don't generally give myself any surprises by now (about 14.5k miles in the 27 months or so I've been riding). Today I went on a ride with some friends from work. I was in 2nd gear (again) in a pretty light right lean through a long corner. I had the throttle wide open, and as the revs climbed I felt my front wheel lift a bit while cornering! That definitely prompted me to back off a bit and shift up. Nutty stuff.

I'll be going to the track in the fall for the first time. Assuming I feel it's all worth doing (I'm sure I will) I'll be making a transportation setup for my Civic to trailer the bike to the track and back.

Glubags

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Do you know how much gain you get from it? I'm not expecting huge difference being that theres so much power you can give a 250r. Just curious, obviously you feel it's worth it by going through with it. I plan on keeping my 250r for a while, at least 2 more years so I wonder if I should add it to my list of wanted upgrades/mods.
Maybe 2-3 hp at most... it's more about throttle response than power. That and the K&N filter weighs a lot less than the stock airbox assembly, and saving weight is always a plus.

garath

thesoapster said:

I don't generally give myself any surprises by now (about 14.5k miles in the 27 months or so I've been riding). Today I went on a ride with some friends from work. I was in 2nd gear (again) in a pretty light right lean through a long corner. I had the throttle wide open, and as the revs climbed I felt my front wheel lift a bit while cornering! That definitely prompted me to back off a bit and shift up. Nutty stuff.

I'll be going to the track in the fall for the first time. Assuming I feel it's all worth doing (I'm sure I will) I'll be making a transportation setup for my Civic to trailer the bike to the track and back.

It absolutely, totally is worth doing. I've been to the track 5 times now, once at New Hampshire motor speedway and 4 times to New Jersey motorsports park.

It will redefine your riding.

Which track were you thinking about? and what organization were you going to go with?

Here's my chicken strips :D (July '08)

tires_left.jpg

garath said:
It absolutely, totally is worth doing. I've been to the track 5 times now, once at New Hampshire motor speedway and 4 times to New Jersey motorsports park.

It will redefine your riding.

Which track were you thinking about? and what organization were you going to go with?

Here's my chicken strips :D (July '08)

I'll be going to Summit Point. I'm looking to do the track days with Xcitement. http://www.motorcyclexcitement.com/Sportbike_Track_Days.php?page=1

A lot of the dealers around here work with them and have said they're a good bunch.

And yeah, I plan on really turning and going fast at the track. It's harder to find the right moments to push it through the corners on the street.

ChanHuk

Banned
Got my bike back from Jardine with a new RT-1 slipon and their protune piggyback for free; no more flat spot in the early revs!

Absinthe

thesoapster said:
Mhmm.

From when it was stock and I had just gotten it:

Now it has Akrapovic carbon fiber slip-on and y pipe (plus hidden stuff like BMC race filter and PC V), white R&G race cut sliders, fender eliminator, Watsen Design front flush mounts. I'm about to put a Zero Gravity double bubble screen on - something I've been meaning to do for a while. I need to take new pictures :lol

edit: ....and so I did after tightening/cleaning/lubing the chain and cleaning the bike. It was bright out so the pearl white really reflects. Had to bump the exposure down while taking the photos AND while processing them.

Very nice! Good choice on exhaust also :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Glubags said:
Maybe 2-3 hp at most... it's more about throttle response than power. That and the K&N filter weighs a lot less than the stock airbox assembly, and saving weight is always a plus.

I passed my written test this morning and received my class M permit! I'm excited to finally register for the MSF beginner rider course and get my license.

Question for any NYC-based Gaffers: Can you take the form from the MSF stating you passed the course to License X-Press on 34th, or do I have to go to a proper DMV? Also, $350 for the BRC seems really steep considering some states offer it for free, iirc.

So im looking into getting a bike, have been looking at a 08 CBR 600RR, is it true that a couple months down the road ill want a 1000? Im just curious, dont want to make such a investment to turn around and sell it a couple months later. Although I hope I can even handle a 600 for a first bike lol, I dont plan on riding crazy even for the first year or so of owning, hopefully that makes me more responsible :lol

Any suggestions?

Agent Ironside said:
So im looking into getting a bike, have been looking at a 08 CBR 600RR, is it true that a couple months down the road ill want a 1000? Im just curious, dont want to make such a investment to turn around and sell it a couple months later. Although I hope I can even handle a 600 for a first bike lol, I dont plan on riding crazy even for the first year or so of owning, hopefully that makes me more responsible :lol

Any suggestions?
Let me first say I do not yet ride. I am taking the safety course next month. However, I have done a lot of reading about this, first bikes and whatnot.

From everything I've read, you should NOT start on a bike like that. A 600RR has (I think) 118hp. It is very, very fast and you are liable to get into a lot of trouble as a first bike. Most things I've read point to the Kawasai Ninja 250 as your best bet as a first bike, as you can supposedly ride it quite hard but it will be very forgiving.

You should start doing some reading!

Agent Ironside said:

Any suggestions?

It's pretty easy to ride "crazy" on a bike that you cannot handle. If you are set on getting a 600 I would not go for such a new bike. It is highly likely you will drop it. I recommend a used bike that has some marks on it but still rides normally. Have a friend that rides (if you have one that does) take a look at it for you, too. What makes a sport rider responsible in my mind is knowing when to keep it slow and not dick about.

I started on a used, well-scraped 04 CBR600RR. I never did drop it, but going from the junky 250 (NOT a Ninja 250R; think half the power and running worse) in a parking lot to a 600 is a huge leap. Assuming you buy a 600, it will likely be the fastest road machine you have ever operated up to that point. I rode the CBR for over 5k miles before selling it. I never did learn how to ride fast on that bike. That happened when I got my second bike, an 07 GSX-R750. It was a nice upgrade in performance etc. I would still have it if it weren't for the accident, which lead to me getting my current bike (in my avatar): 09 R1.

In terms of being able to ride fast don't let anyone tell you that a 600 is lacking in power. If you know how to ride a middleweight you can dust just about anyone on any bike. When I started really getting into power management and cornering and braking technique I was fast on my 750 (which is not really all that far off from a 600). The main thing I have with my bike is a lot more low and mid range power. So, once you're an experienced, quick rider, it can make riding more fun/easy. A lot still prefer 600s. You can use more of a 600's power on the street, that's for sure. And although 1000's are catching up now, middleweights still handle better.

Even then, there's nothing wrong with starting on a Ninja 250R at all. It's forgiving and you will have no problems reselling it for damn close to what you paid for it. In a way I wish I had started on one. I think I could have learned various riding techniques quicker if I had started smaller and worked my way up from there. Keep in mind I started on a 600, so I'm thinking in the 250 or 500 range.

My advice to you would be this:

It's fun and will help you get started riding by actually teaching you the basics hands-on

- Buy your bike (250, 500; 650 twin or 600 i4 at the max) and buy gear
If you're wanting a bigger bike still, a 650 twin may very well be a nicer starting point. Get gear besides a full face helmet. I believe the helmet you buy should meet either DOT/SNELL or DOT/ECE (or all three). I recommend a leather jacket with CE armor in the shoulder and elbows. The jacket should have a pocket for a spine guard (some already include the guard). I then recommend gauntlet-style leather armored gloves. The gauntlets are nice because they provide full coverage by going over your jacket's sleeves. You should have over-the-ankle boots, also. Armored race boots hold up well and as you progress will likely be preferable. As for pants, I wear Bohn armor under jeans at the moment. Many people wear textile riding pants, 2 piece leathers, etc. Just please don't be that guy in his t-shirt, shorts, and Jordans rocking his neon colored bike with the huge chrome slip on fart can. Your shit will get ruined quick in that sort of attire.

- Whichever bike you get, put some race cut frame sliders on
Frame sliders do a good job at preventing serious frame damage and can help guard some of your plastics from getting too messed up in the event of a drop. I should say some can provide this protection. There are no-cut sliders that are mounted to a relatively weak point on the frame. These can snap off easily and may even cause more harm than good. They usually are only good for a tip-over. The best mounting points are for the engine. They are often hidden behind fairing, hence the term "race cut" (used often at the track, and cut because bodywork often needs to be drilled). I currently use R&G sliders. http://www.rg-racing.com/ They are in the UK, but they'll ship to the U.S. (I got mine sent directly from there). They are high quality and will grind down in the event of laying the bike down. Make sure the ones you get for the bike are the racing-level ones. If R&G does not make them for your bike, other good brands that make race cuts are Woodcraft and Motovation.

I'm sure others here will have more relevant info for you as well. For reference, I started riding in June 2007 at the age of 18. I'm on my third bike now, and total mileage between the three is around 14,700 miles.

Agent Ironside said:
So im looking into getting a bike, have been looking at a 08 CBR 600RR, is it true that a couple months down the road ill want a 1000?

No. You'll only ever really need a 1000 if you're racing. It's like saying "hey, I'm buying an Impreza, is it true I'll just want a Skyline in a couple of months?"

Not to mention the fact that you'd probably murder yourself riding around on a 1000 in your first couple of months on a bike. Even a 600 is more than most people recommend you should start out with. Remember, this isn't like turning a bicycle, you have to physically push the bike towards the ground to steer, and there's a lot of centrifugal force to deal with on a 500 lb. bike. It's going to be a while before you have the skill to do that safely at high speeds.

JayDub

thesoapster said:

Did you happen to take the advanced rider's course? It teaches you proper leaning technique, one arm over the tank etc etc. Its pretty indepth.

JayDub said:
Did you happen to take the advanced rider's course? It teaches you proper leaning technique, one arm over the tank etc etc. Its pretty indepth.

Nope, I haven't done that yet. I have yet to own a single bike for two years straight. I think that's what the ERC calls for (I believe the Experienced Rider's Course is the same thing as what you're mentioning...)

I've done a good bit of reading and have studied photographs, watched videos, and observed riders in front of me better than myself. Kissing the mirror and hanging off really makes the turns more manageable :D

Thanks for the adivce everyone, I definitely plan on taking a course at my local college, dont know if its MSF but its some learning class they have available, figured something is better than nothing, another thing I was worried about was my size, im 6'1 180 lbs, im assuming the 600 will get me around just find, but a 250 ninja or something I was concerned about. Anyways, in all honsety ill probabley go ahead and get the 600RR, tryin to find a used one though. BTW, are HJC helmets ok? I noticed they seemed the cheapest of the bunch so that had me a little concerned.

ChanHuk

Banned
Agent Ironside said:
Thanks for the adivce everyone, I definitely plan on taking a course at my local college, dont know if its MSF but its some learning class they have available, figured something is better than nothing, another thing I was worried about was my size, im 6'1 180 lbs, im assuming the 600 will get me around just find, but a 250 ninja or something I was concerned about. Anyways, in all honsety ill probabley go ahead and get the 600RR, tryin to find a used one though. BTW, are HJC helmets ok? I noticed they seemed the cheapest of the bunch so that had me a little concerned.

It's most likely an MSF course, they have a monopoly on these things.

You've already made up your mind on getting a 600RR so there's really no use in talking you out of it. My only advice if you do get the 600RR to take off the plastics for a couple of months because you're most likely gonna drop it and it costs a lot of money to paint plastics.

As far as helmets go, I wear Shoei because it fit me best. Get whatever helmet that fits you best and can afford. (So that means you have to go to a local store an try various helmets on)

Agent Ironside said:

My advice about the 600RR is to take it easy and put those frame sliders on. They can save you a lot of grief. Taking the plastics off also sounds like a good idea. And of course take it easy.

HJC makes some decent helmets, however I'd say there are nicer, more comfortable ones out there (and potentially safer ones). I wear a Shoei X-11, which I'm quite happy with (last X-11 worked well at saving my melon). It's light and comfortable. Of the helmets I've tried on I tend to gravitate towards Shoei in terms of comfort, though everyone is different. A lot of motorcycle shops now are stupid and only carry cheaper helmet brands (that and Arai) so that you'd have to just order the other helmet. Do not skimp on gear (especially your lid). My favored brands for helmets include: Shoei, Shark, AGV, and Suomy (Arai is not bad but I have a few serious peeves with their helmets). As for safety certs, non-SNELL ECE-rated helmets tend to have a softer shell that is more absorbent. The downside is it's softer, therefore weaker. SNELL currently requires a considerably more rigid shell in their spec (possibly a carryover from their auto racing helmets). My helmet worked wonderfully (and my new one continues to be great) and is DOT/SNELL rated, but it's also sold in EU as the X-Spirit, so therefore my helmet also qualifies for ECE. Once you meet the combination of DOT/SNELL or DOT/ECE, it's mostly about comfort for you. You need to buy a helmet that is snug but comfortable. If you are going to be working with a shop, have them help you out. They may be willing to measure your head according to a particular brand's sizing chart if they do not have the helmet in stock. Please do not buy a helmet that is only DOT approved. DOT does not test the helmets. The manufacturers put the sticker on themselves saying their helmets meet the regs. SNELL is at least an independent rating organization. Let us know what you're looking at :)

Agent Ironside said:

600cc's might not sound like much but it actually is. They tend to rev high and some can be peaky meaning you might be wide open at low revs and the power will start coming on quickly. All said and done, you can get yourself into trouble quickly.

If possible, you might want to look into getting a suzuki sv650 for your first bike. Being a twin, they'll have good tractable power. They handle well in backroads adventures. They'll be cheaper to buy and if you do happen to drop it, parts are cheaper to replace.

As for courses, the MSF basic course is pretty basic to say the least. Group up with experienced OLDER riders who'll teach you cornering, braking, throttle control, rev matching, body position and so on. btw, if your existing buddies with bikes are telling you get a 600 as your first bike and maybe move onto a 1000 quickly, I'd stay the fuck away from taking their advice....

zesty said:
You're not alone. I have a 96 Yamaha Virago XV750 that I bought last summer.

3c57a785.jpg

Crusier guy here too. Posted a pic of my Honda Magna cruiser starter bike earlier in the thread.

My BF has a Kawa Vulcan Nomad and just bought a 09 HD Electra Glide Classic this past Spring. Amazing bike.

New Harley Road King Classic in my future next spring!

Agent Ironside said:

1. Definitely, definitely take the course. You'll learn a lot in those two days and save on insurance.

2. Yeah, you're right, a 250 ninja will be a bit too small for you. I'm about the same size and I felt pretty silly on one, those are pretty tiny bikes. The 600 ninja is a perfect fit though.

3. For helmets: this is the one thing you don NOT skimp on, non-negotiable. Set aside at least $500 to spend on a cool one and enjoy a lifetime of proper brain function. The general consensus is Arai or Shoei's high end stuff are the best, go with whatever fits. There are some other high end brands in the same category, but those are the most common. I've got a Shoei RF-1000 and I love it.

LiveFromKyoto said:
1. Definitely, definitely take the course. You'll learn a lot in those two days and save on insurance.

2. Yeah, you're right, a 250 ninja will be a bit too small for you. I'm about the same size and I felt pretty silly on one, those are pretty tiny bikes. The 600 ninja is a perfect fit though.

3. For helmets: this is the one thing you don NOT skimp on, non-negotiable. Set aside at least $500 to spend on a cool one and enjoy a lifetime of proper brain function. The general consensus is Arai or Shoei's high end stuff are the best, go with whatever fits. There are some other high end brands in the same category, but those are the most common. I've got a Shoei RF-1000 and I love it.
If the helmets meet the same classification, shouldn't they all protect you well enough? How do you know if one will fare better in a crash than another? I don't think price is necessarily a valid reason, as that seems to be the entire point of the ratings boards, no?

I'm not being smug, I'm really asking. Thanks.

Ptaaty

I have owned bikes since I was in 4th grade...in order:

1970 Yamaha 125cc enduro. (I took it to redline, head down on a gravel road, up to 65mph :))

1982 Yamaha 175 IT (dirt bike)...flipped backward in a gravel pit...fell about 8 feet...head onto a rock, thank god for my helmet.

1986 Honda Nighthawk S. 700cc inline 4, an almost sportbike.

1996 Yamaha YZF600R. This coexisted for a bit with the R6. Better midrange and more comfy...but a real sportbike. Bike was stolen, recovered in one piece...then dropped off a tow truck as I followed it out of impound (damaged ignition)...a shower of sparks on the highway.

2003 Yamaha R1. Was my dream bike since the year the R1 was first announced, a beautiful black and gray. No time taking it out was complete without triple digits speed. Once went 150mph on I-5 following a fellow rider. Absurd torque and power from the bottom to the top (liter bikes stomp 600cc for torque and grunt)

2006 Yamaha Road Star. 1700CC air-cooled V twin, no baffles. very similar to some older harleys except with ceramic lined bores, and maintenance cycles less than half as often. I love having a cruiser. My knees thank me and I am putting on miles at 3X the rate as any bike I have owned.

07022009094.jpg

Ptaaty

opticalmace said:
If the helmets meet the same classification, shouldn't they all protect you well enough? How do you know if one will fare better in a crash than another? I don't think price is necessarily a valid reason, as that seems to be the entire point of the ratings boards, no?

I'm not being smug, I'm really asking. Thanks.

Some may still protect better. But if it is SNELL certed..that is all you can use.

The high end helmets are like many other products out there, for some they offer better comfort, etc, you also pay more for the name.

A great helmet with excellent features can be found by "Scorpion".

http://www.scorpionusa.com/home.html

Ptaaty

Agent Ironside said:

You know what is an awesome 600 sport bike, if you can find one?

The YZF600R. Much more comfortable that the newest 600s, great midrange. At 6"2" and 190lbs (myself)....trust me, don't go gaga at the fastest 600 there is. You want a bit larger frame size and better leg position. I was a damn pretzel on my R1, and the newer ones are even worse (legs bent back so far)

opticalmace said:
If the helmets meet the same classification
, shouldn't they all protect you well enough? How do you know if one will fare better in a crash than another?

DOT certification is a joke.

This counts as a legal helmet:

41gJfAXrk-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Tell me that's going to do anything if you ram your head into something at even 30 mph.

There are plenty of websites and magazines which do helmet comparison tests - drop tests, crash tests, etc. There are definitely levels of quality, as well as secondary functions like ventilation, aerodynamic stability, avoiding fogging, etc. There are differences in the material used, whether fibreglass or polycarbonate.

Top Bottom