• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$20 minimum wage for fast food workers in California

cormack12

Gold Member
They do this anyway regardless if the wage is $20 an hour or not, it might've sped it up in some specific ones but this was always the end goal, at least this way the workers can get more money before being made redundant.

Edit: maybe they can go and work at Walmart and Target since they're thinking of scaling back on self service because *drum roll* it's making stealing easier and it's cutting into their profits!

This is specifically about fast food places, however I don't think the supermarket point is that valid given the amount of youtube videos where people are just walking out wholesale while they have cashiers anyway (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-dealing-with-shoplifters-in-our-london-store). It probably facilitates a little more opportunism, but the security and shoplifting issues aren't inherently a problem caused by self checkout. CostCo had that shit figured out years ago.

But yeah, take your point, front load a pay increase for a short amount of time while natural attrition happens. So a small number of people will gain - but then again I'll just echo whast I said earlier, this is so much a 'Fuck you, I got mine' attitude that trying to champion a social justice win seems a bit comedic to me. All fast food workers will obviously be cheering this, but the reality is a lot won't really benefit from it as they get laid off.

This shit would happen regardless of that wage increase (probably faster now). If companies could operate without paying anything to employees - they would do that...

Exactly. How do you make transition quicker? How do you push technology and venture investments? Make the alternative/status quo too expensive to maintain.

My local McDs (not California) just did this two weeks ago. The difference is, they only have two self-service kiosks. Not show in your video, but the drive through line is now constantly around the block.
Personally I think we'll see the franchise split. The rise of McDeliveries have completely fucked McDonalds QA. They are complaining they only had 1.9% growth instead of 2.5%. We'll probably see the CosMcs go fully automated, I think we'll see smaller automated franchises dedicated just for McDeliveries and we'll see more and more restaurants go automated ordering only. Personally I've no idea why you'd want to talk to a person rather than order frrom kiosk. You can specify each ingredient - the UI has to be spot on as it's for customers (and not some shitty till exclusions the cashiers get wrong). The biggest cost saving is always staff.

I'm not really sure why this has become a business bad discussion if I'm being honest. This is fundamentally one of the big immigration issues everyone faces with cheap labour. We've all been there. You get a quote for £600 to tile a bathroom, then you get a Polish guy who will do the same job for £400. How many of us go with the guy who charges £600? Unless there is some sort of premium guarantee you're willing to go over. People offering to block pave your drive or lay Indian stone up to 40% cheaper than the local family businesses est. 50 or more years ago.

I also think the situation will be very different city to city, never mind country to country. Tipping culture is crazy in the US, so it would be interesting to see how much they earn on paper compared to how much they earn beyond. Ultimately, your pay is determined by how easy you are to replace. If you walked about tomorrow, how easily can you be replaced compared to inefficiencies - that's why HCAs are low paid in UK for example. The value of what you do can be high, but the value of the skill can be low.

Pejo

iu

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Prices have been going up LONG before the min wage hikes. In many places, prices have gone up to $15 (or a little more) for a meal and the min wage hasn't gone up whatsoever.

A few years ago they were like $8-11 a meal. No min wage hikes. Especially here in GA.

Bojji

Prices have been going up LONG before the min wage hikes. In many places, prices have gone up to $15 (or a little more) for a meal and the min wage hasn't gone up whatsoever.

A few years ago they were like $8-11 a meal. No min wage hikes. Especially here in GA.

There are always excuses to raise prices, in Poland we had massive price increases since 2022, they were saying:

War in Ukraine, inflation, energy prices increases (this one is mostly on EU), inflation, gas prices increase, inflation, post COVID recession bullshit etc.

They will always find some excuse to raise prices, wage increase is just one of them. They also had to raise prices because they invest in automation/Ai. They wanted to replace many workers way before California raised minimal wage for them.

Last edited:

Toons

A net positive all around then. Less congestion, hich leads to better happier workers, which leads to better service. These fast food corporations can survive the hit. They cant survive not having any people who want to do the job for pennies

Trogdor1123

There are always excuses to raise prices, in Poland we had massive price increases since 2022, they were saying:

War in Ukraine, inflation, energy prices increases (this one is mostly on EU), inflation, gas prices increase, inflation, post COVID recession bullshit etc.

They will always find some excuse to raise prices, wage increase is just one of them. They also had to raise prices because they invest in automation/Ai. They wanted to replace many workers way before California raised minimal wage for them.
But those are all real pressures that did increases costs…

Unknown?

They always find an excuse to point at to keep your eyes away from the blatant currency debasement by creating trillions out of thin air.

They always find an excuse to point at to keep your eyes away from the blatant currency debasement by creating trillions out of thin air.
Here's what's happening... they are printing money, devaluing the currency, while keeping up the Act that they need to keep the currency value high... it's all a farce and theater. The end goal is just like China. Monitor and control. Digital based currency, socially tied behavior, etc... I reckon "our" elites salivate at the chance to do what China is doing to their people, to Us!

At some point I may need to delete this account, but, for now. Fuck that. Going all in on Freedom.

Unknown?

Here's what's happening... they are printing money, devaluing the currency, while keeping up the Act that they need to keep the currency value high... it's all a farce and theater. The end goal is just like China. Monitor and control. Digital based currency, socially tied behavior, etc... I reckon "our" elites salivate at the chance to do what China is doing to their people, to Us!

At some point I may need to delete this account, but, for now. Fuck that. Going all in on Freedom.
Correctomundo! They say they need to target 2% inflation but at 2% it only takes 36 years for your purchasing power to halve. 36 years later and $1000 can only buy what $500 does now.

Bojji

But those are all real pressures that did increases costs…

Yes, minimum salary increase (happened 3x times since 2022 and now) is also among factors.

Difference is I can sympathize with small private shop owner that HAVE to raise prices to not go into debt spiral and bankrupt (our government is killing them anyway) vs. multi bilion dollar entities like Lidl, Carrefour etc.

Same way California minimum wage increase hits differently for small fast food owners vs. McDonalds, KFC and other massive companies.

We had thousands of people laid off by Microsoft and few other big tech companies despite making many bilions in profits. This is fucked up.

Exactly, they are making money out of nothing when most people have to work hard and still are barely able to live with what they make. World is really fucked up right now for ordinary folks and it's a global thing (I have seen the same reports from almost every part of the world), It's almost like it's a part of the plan...

Eiknarf

Banned
Yes, minimum salary increase (happened 3x times since 2022 and now) is also among factors.

Difference is I can sympathize with small private shop owner that HAVE to raise prices to not go into debt spiral and bankrupt (our government is killing them anyway) vs. multi bilion dollar entities like Lidl, Carrefour etc.

Same way California minimum wage increase hits differently for small fast food owners vs. McDonalds, KFC and other massive companies.

We had thousands of people laid off by Microsoft and few other big tech companies despite making many bilions in profits. This is fucked up.

Exactly, they are making money out of nothing when most people have to work hard and still are barely able to live with what they make. World is really fucked up right now for ordinary folks and it's a global thing (I have seen the same reports from almost every part of the world), It's almost like it's a part of the plan...

Min wage really needs to be scoped to location.

$10 in the middle of nowhere Kansas is not the same as NYC. Standard of living differences like that make broad sweeping federalized programs like minimum wage really fucking dumb!!!

States can add to it if they want but federal is $7.25

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Couple things. One, is the multibillion dollar companies like the artificially high wages because they act as a barrier to entry for potential competitors. If you are a small local burger shop it is harder to increase pay like this than if you are In N' Out. And it is easier for them to avoid them by, for example, investing in self-checkout and the like. They'll take these wages over more competition any day. Two, it goes without saying, but these only benefit the people with jjobs. If the government raises the wages and then lays you off, then you're not benefitting from it, quite the opposite.

Havoc2049

Many fast food locations are franchised out and owned by small business owners.

Also, almost all fast food and food service positions in general are part time positions. So even with increased wages, an employee isn't going to work enough hours to make it a sustainable job/career.

California already has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 5.3 percent.

The cost of doing business in California is already high. All this is going to do is lead to higher inflation, small and large businesses feeling economic stress and a higher unemployment rate in California.

SoloCamo

Ring Ring Yes GIF by Great Big Story

2030 is coming up quite fast ad the plan has been in motion for a while but hey I'm just your local tin foil hat guy.

Toons

$10 in the middle of nowhere Kansas is not the same as NYC. Standard of living differences like that make broad sweeping federalized programs like minimum wage really fucking dumb!!!

I mean, is ANYONE in the country able to live of 7.25 an hour at this point? I'm legitimately wondering lol

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Many fast food locations are franchised out and owned by small business owners.

Also, almost all fast food and food service positions in general are part time positions. So even with increased wages, an employee isn't going to work enough hours to make it a sustainable job/career.

California already has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 5.3 percent.

The cost of doing business in California is already high. All this is going to do is lead to higher inflation, small and large businesses feeling economic stress and a higher unemployment rate in California.

Believe it or not, those are the only jobs some people can get and these are highly intelligent people (not all ... before someone comes at me with "why aren't all these highly intelligent people making more somewhere else?") it really doesn't matter if you're highly intelligent or the least intelligent person ever ... We don't live in a meritocracy and many people get paid below the cost of living in a lot of places. Even Mississippi is starting to price people out of where they live.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I mean, is ANYONE in the country able to live of 7.25 an hour at this point? I'm legitimately wondering lol

Nope! Not in Mississippi, Alabama or Louisiana (3 of the lowest performing and poorest states in the Union).

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned

Well, Those $7.25 an hour jobs are purposely not meant to support a family.

Those entry level jobs are meant to be for young adults for when they are in school or college. Not to settle down and buy a house

Toons

Those entry level jobs are meant to be for young adults for when they are in school or college. Not to settle down and buy a house

At 7.25 a single adult cant even support themself lol. Certainly can't pay for any real college degree.

If you are to work a full time job at minimum wage thats just over 15k a year. And no student is working full time.

I have a pretty decently priced apartment for my city, and annual it costs over half of that in rent alone. Not counting utilities, internet, etc

The current minimum wage is completely worthless, it covers nothing and there is no demographic in this country that can realistically support themselves with it.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Please stop repeating this. The minimum wage WAS meant to support a family. That was the entire purpose of implementing it!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It WAS meant to at first.

It’s not anymore

Blame the corporate power structure and the politicians in their pockets. For the longest time people could afford to support themselves and their families with minimum wage until Ford stopped the coupling of Min Wage with Inflation.

Last edited:

Bojji

Blame the corporate power structure and the politicians in their pockets. For the longest time people could afford to support themselves and their families with minimum wage until Ford stopped the coupling of Min Wage with Inflation.

In Poland this shit still works, minimum wage allows single person to pay (ridiculous) rent for small flat and still have ~half of money left to for food and stuff. With 2 people there are better options. Of course cost of everything goes up and minimum wage increases are much slower. I think it works like this for most of Europe.

Minus of this is that MAJORITY of jobs pay that minimum wage, they don't have any initiative to pay more.

The fact of the matter is many politicians aren't being fiscally responsible. That's a fact, but depending on who you ask and their political affiliation? They would say things are fine as is... fucking joke mentality, if I have anything to say about it.

diffusionx

Gold Member

it is scoped to location. The minimum wage in Kansas is $7.25. In NYC it is $16. Of course, $16 an hour doesnt get you jack shit in NYC.

Minimum wage is not the path to affordability, because we are talking about a class of workers where 100% of their salary basically is spent. So if you give them more money, they spend more money, which means that the prices of the things they buy with that money - mostly the basics like food, shelter, utilities, etc. - goes up. This has been especially acute the past few years when food prices have gone up what, 30%? Shelter prices in NYC are up a similar amount. This is a monetary problem, not a wage problem.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
it is scoped to location. The minimum wage in Kansas is $7.25. In NYC it is $16. Of course, $16 an hour doesnt get you jack shit in NYC.

Minimum wage is not the path to affordability, because we are talking about a class of workers where 100% of their salary basically is spent. So if you give them more money, they spend more money, which means that the prices of the things they buy with that money - mostly the basics like food, shelter, utilities, etc. - goes up.
Economic theory is academic at best. Great for textbook learning, but in reality can be all over the place.

When inflation rates were low at about 2% from 2008 to 2022 (which made most people's mortgages and loans rock bottom too), economic theory would say costs are low so people will save more money, buy more shit and everything would jump in prices like a rocket. Absolutely untrue. The only thing that probably jumped in price a lot was real estate in certain locations. Most other shit barely budged in price.

Then inflation rates skyrocketed during covid as people were amped up hoarding stuff, and interest rates zoomed up too as a laggard in 2022-23. Did prices go down, which is what theory would say as people are broke and companies would be tanking prices in hopes to get more sales? Nope. They kept going up and inflation is still at a positive modest growth rate. That's because homeowners aren't forced to dump homes unless they really cant afford it, and companies for years have transitioned from market share unit sales grabs to selling fewer products at higher prices and margins. You will never see one economics book saying what happens when companies do a 180 strategy counterintuitive to classic supply/demand theories.

Classic economics topics typically focus on top lines sales, labour costs, unit sales, and finding that equilibrium of sales vs inventory etc.... I dont remember one eco class where the focus was net profit or profit margin which can totally go against anything I just listed.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Economic theory is academic at best. Great for textbook learning, but in reality can be all over the place.

When inflation rates were low at about 2% from 2008 to 2022 (which made most people's mortgages and loans rock bottom too), economic theory would say costs are low so people will save more money, buy more shit and everything would jump in prices like a rocket. Absolutely untrue. The only thing that probably jumped in price a lot was real estate in certain locations. Most other shit barely budged in price.

Then inflation rates skyrocketed during covid as people were amped up hoarding stuff, and interest rates zoomed up too as a laggard in 2022-23. Did prices go down, which is what theory would say as people are broke and companies would be tanking prices in hopes to get more sales? Nope. They kept going up and inflation is still at a positive modest growth rate. That's because homeowners aren't forced to dump homes unless they really cant afford it, and companies for years have transitioned from market share unit sales grabs to selling fewer products at higher prices and margins. You will never see one economics book saying what happens when companies do a 180 strategy counterintuitive to class supply/demand theories.

In the 2010s, all the inflation was in asset bubbles like the stock market.

Prices didn't go down after 2020 because the government flooded the country with an unheard amount of money. That money was then spent. That is what triggered the inflation. Now, you could argue that this stuff was necessary, maybe I would agree with the first and even second round of gibs, but the third was just vulgar and that's when the problems really started. Biden passed his ridiculous gibs package even as the economy was recovering quickly from the plandemic.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon. There is too much money in the system, and it has to go somewhere. There is still too much money in the system - interest rates should probably be close to 10% by now, but for political reasons they are keeping it where it is at. In fact, it seems like the government is trying to create another stock market bubble, because that basically acts like a relief valve for inflation, with the added bonus of making the rich richer.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In the 2010s, all the inflation was in asset bubbles like the stock market.

Prices didn't go down after 2020 because the government flooded the country with an unheard amount of money. That money was then spent. That is what triggered the inflation. Now, you could argue that this stuff was necessary, maybe I would agree with the first and even second round of gibs, but the third was just vulgar and that's when the problems really started. Biden passed his ridiculous gibs package even as the economy was recovering quickly from the plandemic.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon. There is too much money in the system, and it has to go somewhere. There is still too much money in the system - interest rates should probably be close to 10% by now, but for political reasons they are keeping it where it is at. In fact, it seems like the government is trying to create another stock market bubble, because that basically acts like a relief valve for inflation, with the added bonus of making the rich richer.
Keep that bubble going please. I'm up $50,000 in NVDA in 2.5 months! And made much more modest amounts in HPE and SMCI. I've been late to the AI gravy train, but will dump NVDA soon and transition the money half/half to safer dividend retirement kinds of stocks and other AI stocks which I believe have more leveraged growth potential over NVDA which is already at $3T.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Keep that bubble going please. I'm up $50,000 in NVDA in 2.5 months! And made much more modest amounts in HPE and SMCI. I've been late to the AI gravy train, but will dump NVDA soon and transition the money half/half to safer dividend retirement kinds of stocks and other AI stocks which I believe have more leveraged growth potential over NVDA which is already at $3T.
no, see, this is the problem. you are chasing increasingly worthless numbers on a screen and advocating for stuff that, in the end, is harmful to the nation and its prosperity. There is a direct and objective link between this crap and the fact that a person can work 60 hours a week and not afford a ghetto house in the slums, let alone a respectable life.

I know that's the game, and we have been conditioned to play it, but this is a really, really bad thing. Nvidia is NOT a $3T company. It's a company that is the current beneficiary of a ridiculous bubble that is being blown up to temper horrible inflation caused by the government's incompetence. It's one buffoonery after another and this can't last.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
no, see, this is the problem. you are chasing increasingly worthless numbers on a screen and advocating for stuff that, in the end, is harmful to the nation and its prosperity. There is a direct and objective link between this crap and the fact that a person can work 60 hours a week and not afford a ghetto house in the slums, let alone a respectable life.

I know that's the game, and we have been conditioned to play it, but this is a really, really bad thing. Nvidia is NOT a $3T company. It's a company that is the current beneficiary of a ridiculous bubble that is being blown up to temper horrible inflation caused by the government's incompetence. It's one buffoonery after another and this can't last.
Possibly.

But for me, I still live pretty cheapskate-ish. The vast amounts of profits I make on shit I just save it. Even if I was a billionaire, I dont give a shit. I'll still shop at Walmart and Dollarama. I just went to Wally today to buy burger sauce on sale for $3.27. lol.

But I see your point. People flush with cash can amp up prices or go into stupid debt, when they should really be controlling their spending and paying off debt.

Haint

Nvidia is valued at 3 trillion because they presell out the entirety of humanities production capacity of $40,000+ GPUs (that cost them $4000 to produce), to every single one of the wealthiest entities on the face of the earth, and are generations ahead of the nearest competitors.

Companies are paying those obscene prices because AI promises to replace or exponentially multiply labor, which literally prints said companies mountains of additional wealth. The rapidly improving LLM's have exponentially higher compute, memory, and bandwidth requirements to achieve said goals, which essentially gives Nvidia guaranteed revenue growth until or if someone pulls off back to back miracles to not only produce a competitive chip, but also replace Nvidia's patented and well established software stack.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It's a start, but $20/hr won't go far in much of California. In SE Virginia, where the cost of living is probably half of what it is in much of CA, Shake Shack and Five Guys start hiring at around $18. I saw openings at a local McDonald's that I drove by that was starting at $15.50. Cally fast food needs to push that starting wage up a few dollars methinks.

0neAnd0nly

At 7.25 a single adult cant even support themself lol. Certainly can't pay for any real college degree.

If you are to work a full time job at minimum wage thats just over 15k a year. And no student is working full time.

I have a pretty decently priced apartment for my city, and annual it costs over half of that in rent alone. Not counting utilities, internet, etc

The current minimum wage is completely worthless, it covers nothing and there is no demographic in this country that can realistically support themselves with it.

And really nobody pays that, not today. Regulation didn't determine that, the market did. And who stays at an entry job for their entire career? Seems somewhat ludicrous to assume one would, and if they did - definitely not the fault of said employer.

Regulation will never help anything. Forced wealthy politicians forcing their ideals on business (many of which small) is how you have jobs cut and business closed.

Many people here have never run or managed a business at any level, and it shows.

Pointing that out does almost nothing... the prices rose super fast under this law. I know many people working in fast food. Before Uber took over and greed, it was so-so. Now it's skyhigh. The same meal I used to purchase for 10.99 is now 24.99! It was a triple decker turkey club with fries and a pickle/carrot. God, almighty...
The shit that Gavin Newsom continues to get away with would killed many men thousands of times over. This guy needs to go then tried for crimes beyond my scope.
No one wants this guy, NO one. Not democrats not republicans. This guy is the most evil mother fucker I have had the displeasure to look at while alive.

Whenever I see this son of a bitch speak, it's always the most disingenuous lump of faux dialogue, fake-ass statistics. if I continue I might get banned. That's how heated this fucking disgrace to Humanity makes me feel inside. My soul feels anguish for all of us in California, because of this fucking slathered together human trash in a test tube.

I digress, tho.. Under inflation the meal went from 10.99 to 12.99 then after this law passed, within 3 weeks I saw that 24.99 jump. If that doesn't explain it, nothing will. I know a manager at a pizza hut, introduced fees and cut back on other shit, just so they can stay afloat. It's pathetic. The Doordash/UberEats crowd proved useful, as now they took over delivery duties for many of these businesses, fucking over their own employees in the process.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Pointing that out does almost nothing... the prices rose super fast under this law. I know many people working in fast food. Before Uber took over and greed, it was so-so. Now it's skyhigh. The same meal I used to purchase for 10.99 is now 24.99! It was a triple decker turkey club with fries and a pickle/carrot. God, almighty...
The shit that Gavin Newsom continues to get away with would killed many men thousands of times over. This guy needs to go then tried for crimes beyond my scope.
No one wants this guy, NO one. Not democrats not republicans. This guy is the most evil mother fucker I have had the displeasure to look at while alive.

Whenever I see this son of a bitch speak, it's always the most disingenuous lump of faux dialogue, fake-ass statistics. if I continue I might get banned. That's how heated this fucking disgrace to Humanity makes me feel inside. My soul feels anguish for all of us in California, because of this fucking slathered together human trash in a test tube.

I digress, tho.. Under inflation the meal went from 10.99 to 12.99 then after this law passed, within 3 weeks I saw that 24.99 jump. If that doesn't explain it, nothing will. I know a manager at a pizza hut, introduced fees and cut back on other shit, just so they can stay afloat. It's pathetic. The Doordash/UberEats crowd proved useful, as now they took over delivery duties for many of these businesses, fucking over their own employees in the process.

I stopped using all those food delivery apps years ago because they're so sketchy. I see all the drivers in my city and I just loathe the entire thing. Used to be that a kid could get a job delivering pizza and use it to pay for going out, buying a vidya, etc. Now, it's a grown-ass man named Olawuse from Nigeria who is using an e-bike to block the entire sidewalk and go the opposite way of traffic.

Last edited:
I stopped using all those food delivery apps years ago because they're so sketchy. I see all the drivers in my city and I just loathe the entire thing. Used to be that a kid could get a job delivering pizza and use it to pay for going out, buying a vidya, etc. Now, it's a grown-ass man named Olawuse from Nigeria who is using an e-bike to block the entire sidewalk.
Yeah. I don't want to fund those types, so I cut off my account on Door Dash, went strict grocery only/cooking and that's how it's going to be. In 2023 I was ordering a lot. Now, I think I have like 2 orders total VS like 3k$ for the whole year of 2023. Granted, im eating a lot less than before, but it wouldn't matter.

Here in Cali it's mostly Chinese that run the ubereats/door dashes. LOTS of them. I'm actually thinking of taking a side gig in the mornings at 4 hours or so. Rest, then go to my main job. We need to hustle!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
And really nobody pays that, not today. Regulation didn't determine that, the market did. And who stays at an entry job for their entire career? Seems somewhat ludicrous to assume one would, and if they did - definitely not the fault of said employer.

Regulation will never help anything. Forced wealthy politicians forcing their ideals on business (many of which small) is how you have jobs cut and business closed.

Many people here have never run or managed a business at any level, and it shows.

I think a point is being missed. Whether the job is entry or temp, people still need to be able to pay their bills and make a living.

Oh, and those government regulations you despise probably helped you stay alive and healthy because the market wouldn't have. Asbestos, for example. And yes, they help business, too!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yeah. I don't want to fund those types, so I cut off my account on Door Dash, went strict grocery only/cooking and that's how it's going to be. In 2023 I was ordering a lot. Now, I think I have like 2 orders total VS like 3k$ for the whole year of 2023. Granted, im eating a lot less than before, but it wouldn't matter.

Here in Cali it's mostly Chinese that run the ubereats/door dashes. LOTS of them. I'm actually thinking of taking a side gig in the mornings at 4 hours or so. Rest, then go to my main job. We need to hustle!

You don't want to fund those types? You don't have to but the wording is weird...

I mean your second point was that you were saving money which was probably your real goal ... And that's something to be proud of!

You don't want to fund those types? You don't have to but the wording is weird...

I mean your second point was that you were saving money which was probably your real goal ... And that's something to be proud of!

I just woke up with that post, but what I mean is I don't want to use those services because I saw them eat jobs, they took jobs away from people who were already employed. Some got transfered but some got let go, too. It's a combination of things, reflecting on how much I spent in 2023 on these services, reading the writing on the wall in terms of the economy and just plain going back to what works. Cooking at home. Now, I know this is offtopic, but even cooking at home is coming under fire, when they go after the farmers. Lot's of shit is happening and so much so that it's becoming harder to keep track of what should matter.

That's why I don't like typing too much, my brain is full of stuff and I try to squeeze out something that is tangible. It's why I end up writing massive walls of text just to delete them right after because I already know about:
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

That aside, I know I sound like a hypocrite saying I'd side gig as a Doordash driver, but, it is what it is. I might just find something better.
Looking at all options. I want to make more money as with this economy, saving has been a fool's errand for the past several months. Even with cutting off some of the worst spending habits. Things are catching up to me fast.

Top Bottom