• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2005's Official Sell/Trade thread

Insertia

I'm looking for a slimline PS2(along with controller). If anyone of you would be so kind as to give one up, get at me.

EGM92

For Sale/Trade:

GC:
Metriod Prime Non-PC
Smugglers Run
Project N.03 (Not case or manual)
Super Mario Sunshine
Nintendo Black Controller
Nintendo Memory cards 2x 59blocks each

PS2:

Metal Gear Solid 2 The Documentry
Xenosaga
Devil May Cry 2

Looking for:
Lumines PSP

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DavidDayton said:
This is getting weird. Twice in the past year I've been in the midst of a trade in the buy/sell/trade thread, only to have the other guy get banned in the middle of it.

you and me both brother... but he'll be back in two days..or so

Blackace

Also I am willing to part with Suikoden 4 if anyone wants to trade anything for it?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I also have:

The Nightmare of Druaga (Shrink wrapped)
Alien Hominid (played, but in mint shape)

M3wThr33

Banned
Looking for: (I'll send cash/paypal/money order.)

PS1:
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Elemental Gearbolt
Any other obscure light gun titles
Castlevania Chronicles

PS2:
Megaman X7 (Cheap! I know you hate your copy!)
Starsky & Hutch (Under $10, I can get it new for $10)
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone
CASE for Ape Escape 2 (I got a crappy poo blockbuster one)

NES:
Megaman 5

GB:
Megaman I-V

GBA:
Kirby (Either game)
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge
Megaman Zero 2,3

DS:
Imported Mr. Driller or Jam With The Band

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If anybody wants a flawless Driving Force Pro 900-degree wheel, PM me. We can work out a decent price. It's practically brand new, and comes complete with the box and etc etc.

Oh, that's nice. Sell it on ebay after you flake out of selling it to me in person.

Fuck your monkey ass.

I can't wait around for your mommy to maybe give you some spending money, and pamper your bitch ass by going out of my way to deliver it. "Wah! I can't meet you half way. . ."

I'm not selling this shit because I have nothing better to do - I need money. And you don't have it, as both of your false start offers demonstrate.

Blackace

The Take Out Bandit said:
Fuck your monkey ass.

I can't wait around for your mommy to maybe give you some spending money, and pamper your bitch ass by going out of my way to deliver it. "Wah! I can't meet you half way. . ."

I'm not selling this shit because I have nothing better to do - I need money. And you don't have it, as both of your false start offers demonstrate.

looking to get banned on your first day back again...

Matlock

Banned
TToB: What the hell are you talking about? We agreed on meeting in Fairlawn, and when I said "I'm not familiar with the area, so where exactly is a good place to meet" you never replied.

rundown of the email convo:

Tony Barrett
to Bandit
Show options Jan 16
Okay, when would be a good day and time to deliver th' game, man?

Bandit
to me
Show options Jan 19
If you still want it, yes - not maybe. No backing out.
In a nutshell - I need the fucking money to pay some
bills.

I can do it this weekend. Friday - Sunday at some
time.

I'd prefer a neutral public meeting place. Fairlawn is
preferable since I'm unwilling to go all the way to
Kent.

Tony Barrett
to Bandit
Show options Jan 21
Hrm, I don't know the fairlawn area. :-|

Bandit
to me
Show options Jan 21
And I don't know the Kent area. I guess we're even.

You interested or not?

Tony Barrett
to Bandit
Show options Jan 21
I am interested, but fuck if I know anyplace in Fairlawn. Any place
along the main drag you know of to make this shady dealing?

As you see, the last message was "I'm not sure of the area, so what's a good place to meet?"

But hey, look at that! No reply! If even he said something like Taco Bell, things would have went through alright. However, they didn't; and due to this flake, I had to break a deal with demi. Thanks a lotl

edit, because there was a point I was missing here.

I didn't have the money at one point, but had it when this specific transaction was to go through. So you can't blame this one on me waiting for a stipend, Bandit. :p

Matlock I'm local to the area... live in Canton.

Want me to take "care" of this punk for you? I could be in Fairlawn pretty quickly...

Bandit sounds like he needs a "Class A" beatdown

Matlock

Banned
:lol!

Nice, another Ohio Gaffer.

Anyway, since I figure this discussion has gone on long enough--if Bandit has any more comments back to me, I suggest he take it to PM or email.

My only advice is: DO NOT DEAL WITH BANDIT.

B'z-chan

Banned
Wanting to get rid of:

D2 dreamcast (brand frankin new)
Pefect Dark N64 (brand frankin new)

Both are in good ok condition.

I'll add the rest of my stuff i want to get rid of later.

I'm looking for LOK Defiance XBOX

EDIT: yes i did only three games though. They didnt have anything else.

Want me to take "care" of this punk for you? I could be in Fairlawn pretty quickly...

Bandit sounds like he needs a "Class A" beatdown

Let's cut the crap kids.

But since you know where Fairlawn is, could I interest you in some of the auctions? :p

Cute crap?

I assure you, If I saw you, I'd smack the yellow off your teeth.

I'm 6-8, 280lbs, and I dont take lip from jerkoffs like you.

It is not cool to flake on people... just not.

Blackace

Outcast2004 said:
Cute crap?

that is pretty cute... but we don't roll like dat on GAF...sooo chill out

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Nintendo DS

Mr. Driller DS (Japanese version - Brand new) [shut up duck]
Hori Headphones (Brand new)

PS2 - NTSC J

Armored Core Nexus (Japanese version - excellent condition, opened to play twice)
Simple 2000 Volume 61: The Oneechanbara (played three times, CD in great condition)

I want to sell them, but trades are fine too, if you have anything I want. (I don't know what I want though :lol )

fart

Savant
I don't have any video games, but I have:

(1) Intel 2100B 802.11b mini-pci card OEM ibm (will work in a thinkpad without cmos bit hack)

(2) Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, 3rd edition; Peterson and Davie
hardcover, brand new. I have never even opened this book. TRUE STORY

(3) Samsung 955DF. hasn't been used in a year. pretty much in perfect condition.

Ok realistically, I know none of you want most of this stuff. Well it was cathartic anyways.

Lhadatt

For sale: Tapwave Zodiac2 First Edition

Now, I know most people here are going to be saving for a PSP. Maybe someone will want a Zod enough to take it off my hands.

The Zodiac2 is a gaming PDA - i.e. it is a PalmOS 5-based system with controls suited to gaming. For the few games that are customized for it, gameplay is pretty good. It's powerful enough to handle virtually every PalmOS-based game and application out right now. It can play movies, MP3s, browse the web (with a SD Wifi card, not included), etc - it's a true multimedia handheld.

Q: What are the specs?
A: http://www.tapwave.com/zodiac_specs.html

Q: Battery life?
A: About 4-5 hours, depending on usage. Some people say they can get up to 8 hours with the screen off and only playing MP3s.

Q: This is the Z2 right? The 128MB model?
A: Yep.

Q: First Edition? What?
A: This model is from the first run of the Z. It has a flash ROM BIOS, meaning you can flash it to upgrade the OS. Every unit since the first run does not have the flash ROM, so you can't upgrade them. If Tapwave releases any new updates, you can download and flash this Z to take advantage of them. It is currently flashed to version 1.1 of Tapwave's edition of PalmOS 5.

Q: Why is it 200Mhz slower than a Palm Tungsten T3?
A: As I understand it, the Motorola ARM9 chip in the Z is a bit different than the one in the T3. They're supposed to run at about the same speed.

Q: Can it handle emulators?
A: Yes. There are several great emulators customized for the Z: LJZ (NES, SNES, Genesis, NES, others), NesEm (NES), Gizmo Ultra (SMS, Game Gear), DreamEngine (TG16), etc. Find more at http://www.zodiacgamer.com.

Q: Then why are you selling it?
A: It's more than just an emulation thingy. It's a full-fledged PalmOS PDA, with a touch screen and everything. I've discovered that I don't have a need for one. I did during school, but my professional life thus far hasn't required it. I have a Powerbook, an iPod, a GBA and a few other gadgets - the Zodiac puts me into tech overload. I think someone else could put this to better use than myself. Plus, I'd like to use the money for something else, like a PSP.

Q: Tell me about the games.
A: Tapwave's been slow about getting exclusive games for the Z. This is probably because the fractured Palm market can't support a device-exclusive game. Still, they've been able to get stuff like Madden, Tony Hawk, Duke Nukem (really not very good...), and supposedly some other high profile titles are coming soon (like Neverwinter Nights, Tomb Raider - ok Tapwave, sure). You can check out the titles here: http://www.tapwave.com/titles.html

Q: What about non-exclusive Palm games?
A: It handles those very well. You'll find that the majority are puzzle, card and point-n-click games. There are also some good RPGs and such. Check out http://www.palmgear.com to see what's out there. They may not be customized to the Z's controls, but they'll still run nicely.

Q: This doesn't paint a rosy picture, Josh.
A: Yeah, I know. You shouldn't be buying this for the games. You should be buying it because it's a great PDA that will help you organize yourself. Games should be a secondary consideration. I cannot emphasize that enough. I won't be responsible if you decide you don't like it because the official gaming support sucks (which it does - I will not hide that fact).

So, on to the details.

Stuff that's included:

- Tapwave Zodiac2, 128MB of RAM
- Original box, manuals, accessories, even the original plastic baggies
- AC adaptoid and sync cable
- Tapwave Install CD v1.0 (NOT the new one with PocketMirror - sorry, Tapwave won't give that out)
- Nylon (I think - not leather) case
- Panasonic SD card, 256MB, speedy for good file transfers

Condition of the stuff:

- Zodiac2: A little over a year old, bought at the end of December 2003. Near mint. No scratches on the screen, no dead pixels. The casing is metal, so it should stand some abuse. The flap covering the screen has a few white marks on it, not too noticeable though. You'll probably end up taking that off anyway. The analog stick and controls work fine. The speakers sound good as well. There are some velcro pads on the backside for attaching to the inside of the case. The Z is in good shape - it doesn't look its age.
- Case: Mint condition. Not much to say here.
- Accessories and box: Also mint. Everything's intact.
- SD card: Mint. Any data I still have on it should be erased by the time you get it.

Asking price: $300
All sales final.

Acceptable payment: Paypal, money order, check by mail, cash (in person).

Location: Austin, Texas. I'll meet someone within an hour of Austin. San Antonio's OK.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Insertia said:
I'm looking for a slimline PS2(along with controller). If anyone of you would be so kind as to give one up, get at me.

soul.less said:
Anyone interested in buying a PS two (it includes everything it originally came with and is in great condition)?

It seems like something should happen here, but hell if I know what...

Lhadatt

Addendum to the Zodiac2 post

Shipping will be added to the asking price.

The price is negotiable, of course.

I hate not being able to edit my posts. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
olimario said:
FOR SALE
Nintendo DS
Mario 64 DS
Feel the Magic XY XX
Metroid Prime Hunters Demo

EST PRICE
$120.00

wtf? You're crazy

I'd buy it but I still don't see many games worth getting in the near future

olimario

Banned
I didn't really see anything on your list that interested me, but make me an offer.
Cash only would be best, I think. :)

I need to reconsider the selling of my system. Please allow me some time to consider.

demi

soul.less said:
Anyone interested in buying a PS two (it includes everything it originally came with and is in great condition)?

Hey baby,

still got the PSTwo available? I gots PayPal, you gots the goods. Cost?

Hit me back, ya herd.

love

demi

x

Lil' Dice

Banned
Outcast2004 said:
Cute crap?

You don't say!?
Holy shit, in that case i'll just GIVE you my mint copy of Mechassault 2 i have for trade/sell.....just don't hurt me.

If anyone wants a Japanese PS2, unmodded, send me a PM.

It's a launch model - SPHC-10000 or whatever, so no good for the HDD/NA but perfectly fine for playing legitimate Japanese games on discs.

I'd like to get $50 + shipping. I dunno how much shipping will be - prolly $25 or so. If anyone's actually interested in this system, I can always box it up and get a shipping estimate before finalizing the deal.

Blackace

One more request. Does anyone have a copy of the Atlus Wizardry fir the PS2...English version? If so willing to part with it?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm looking for a modded or japanese playstation 1 or psone, if any of you want to unload one. i've got a few games that don't run properly on a ps2, and my ps1 is long dead. pm me.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
This is what I got to sell/trade:

NDS:
Ridge Racer DS

Cube:
Beach Spikers
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
Cel Damage
SSX Tricky

Here's what I'm lookin for.

NDS:
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Zoo Keeper

Cube:
P.N.03
Skies of Arcadia:Legends
Wario World
Wario Ware
Star Fox:Adventure
Mario Party 5
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball 2
Pikmin

I'm also looking for a GBA (regular or SP) to use with the cube, so if anyone knows someone who's trying to get rid of one, let me know. I would like to trade the Ridge Racer DS straight up for Zoo Keeper or Mr. Driller, but any offers are still good. All these games are used btw, I haven't gotten to my local TRU.

Edit: PM's are better than posting in here, but I'll check back every now and then.

WarPig

I am on a mission to get rid of nearly everything I own as a prelude to moving across the country in a while, including every game console. I'm down to this last one, my old PlayStation:

psx.jpg

It's a 5501 series American PSX with a 1998-vintage mod chip installed (it'll play Japanese imports and CD-Rs, but it has no defense against mod-protected commercial products like Legend of Dragoon and a few Dance Dance Revolution releases, so you need a Game Shark for those). I just tested it, the mod still works, which ain't bad considering it's seven years old now. Never had any overheating or skipping problems. History seems to have shown the 5501s to be one of the more solid PSX manufacturing runs.

Sticker lineup: S&M Bicycles logo, Tokimeki Memorial memory card sticker, Final Fantasy VIII PocketStation sticker. One accessory included: a somewhat worn but still functioning 1998-vintage Japanese Dual Shock with an Asuka 120% Burning Fest sticker on it.

If it means anything to you (hint: it shouldn't), this was used to produce numerous shitty IGN reviews, from the softball Legend of Dragoon writeup to the crackheaded Legend of Mana rundown, plus at least one good one (the Persona 2 review still holds up, I think).

Pitch me $40 and I'll Priority Mail it anywhere in the country. E-mail me at dsmith at femc dot net if you wannit. And if anybody wants a World Industries skateboard in real good condition with a big Virtual-On sticker on the tail, holler.

DFS.

Bauer I'm starting to notice a trend with that game. Mine's going to Gamerush tomrrow towards other games.

It would be fine if the online wasn't so damned broken,

Top Bottom