• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mmmminako.gif

HNGGGGHH

Jex

Oh shit: Hanasaku Iroha Gets New Anime in 2012

I'm kind of excited. It was a decent show despite some pacing issues, and I enjoyed it. In was wondering what it was going to be since October, but it's nice they finally said 100% for sure it's an anime.

I wonder how long it will be. Considering that it ended really strongly I can't really say that I'm particularly keen to see new material.
Fate/Zero Ep11

[...]
I can't believe that after Hellsing OVA VIII and the upcoming Berserk movies all resorted to using CG for large army crowd scenes, it took a studio like ufotable to be able to animate such a scene using traditional animation. That scene looked AWESOME. So many unique character designs in the army crowd too.

Well, the Trigun Movie and Redline had really well animated crowd scenes with lots of great character designs.
Black Lagoon OVA

Total shit. Any TV episode is better than this edgy speech competition.

It seems pretty bizarre that it's such a poorly paced and made arc. I mean, I only really enjoyed the finale, but everything was else was surprisingly awkward.

Jex

There are actually two processes at work here. First is the anime viewer becoming increasingly discriminate as the novelty wears off. For some people this is a rough and rapid transition, leading them to forgo consideration of new anime or swear off the medium entirely. Second is the actual underserving of various genres in recent years.

I think this happens more often than a smooth transition, at least so it seems, from the amount of people who say 'I used to love anime before it became all crap'.
Sailor Venus is best sailor.

DrForester, I am disappoint.

That is certainly a fact.

I like beta girls...

Sailor Pluto -
Rihoko - Amagami
Kotori - Idolmaster
Megumi - Oh! My Goddess

It's a little strange because I'm pretty alpha

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Venus has some pretty boring attacks though.

Pew pew laser and a chain?

I mean sure it's not as stupid as bubble blast but they're still lame!

Haly

Sailor Moon > this season.

Anyway no one is scared by Sailor Moon, we all watched it as kids, we can all relate.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon is humorous and fabulous max.

It's also a chronically abused property. Not many people have actually seen the original show with proper treatment.

Haly

Speaking of serious issues, Neptune is the best outer.

Decado

I see you came to Mardock Sramble with the wrong mindset. I've explained, at some length, exactly what it's about! I tried to make it pretty clear what to expect: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30497077&postcount=19439
You forgot to mention the most critical thing: Much like several of those shows you mentioned, Mardock Scramble isn't very good and has worse pacing. And those fun shows from the 80's and early 90's didn't dwell on a girl's feelings for 40 minutes.

The style and the influences aren't the problem (in fact, they are its only strengths), it's the execution.

Gundam Age 10
gundam_age__desil_angry_by_tristtrist-d4iur5x.gif

Well I cant wait to see how Desil improves in the future. Apart from Flit, definitely a favorite character. It did provide us a chance to see how epic the Gundam Sparrow? was. Its impressive how the AGE System always knows what is needed.

I didnt think Gundam could be so deadly, Don Voyage already dead and his subordinates, and in such a gruesome manner? Wow

Though I feel left out...are these gundam mods known to fans in advance?

Soma

super LTTP for Mawaru Penguindrum and i finally found where this gif is from.

just finished episode 4 and i'm enjoying it so far. i'm sad i haven't started watching it till just today.

and i swear i'm gonna have Rock Over Japan stuck in my head for days oh man

WELCOME TO ROCK N' ROLL NIIIIIIGHT~

wonzo

Banned
Mirai Nikki 10

MurMur extra was pretty lame :/. Shame the background piano was ruined by the godawful music.

Poor Rihoko,still getting kicked in the gut even after the show is finish a long time ago.

Amagami SS+ is airing next season so i'm sure they'll have plenty of time to dig the boot in a little more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom