• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mamba said:
Lamar for 3 and the win. Only way this would be right!

dude, Lamar fucked up. it was clearly a shooting foul. He should have fouled at the beginning or Fish should have fouled.

Come on Mamba just let me hate on the refs :)

Honestly you can't blame Odom there. He was trying to make a smart, heads-up play. He saw the clock was around 2 secs and Frye had his back to the basket all the way out by the 3 pt line. He thought he could do a quick foul, give Frye 2 FTs and win the game for the Lakers because they had possession and the Suns wouldn't have time to push the ball up the court.

The thing he miscalculated was that because Frye's back was to the basket, he didn't see the clock and just went up for a desperation shot. Normally, with 2 secs, hed take a dribble and shoot. Odom got unlucky.

It would have been an amazing play if it had worked. I doubt Phil told them to foul though so I bet hes pissed.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Wow. They almost never call that.

It was a good call though. He was in his motion.

The Crimson Blur said:
Honestly you can't blame Odom there. He was trying to make a smart, heads-up play. He saw the clock was around 2 secs and Frye had his back to the basket all the way out by the 3 pt line. He thought he could do a quick foul, give Frye 2 FTs and win the game for the Lakers because they had possession and the Suns wouldn't have time to push the ball up the court.

The thing he miscalculated was that because Frye's back was to the basket, he didn't see the clock and just went up for a desperation shot. Normally, with 2 secs, hed take a dribble and shoot. Odom got unlucky.

It would have been an amazing play if it had worked. I doubt Phil told them to foul though so I bet hes pissed.

It was a good call though. He was in his motion.

I agree, but he should have done it right away. He waited too long. Once 2 seconds hit, Frye had no choice but to shoot. Lamar made the right decision, but too late.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Net_Wrecker said:
ODOM?

ODOM?

ODOM?

WHYYYYYYYYY PHIL?!?!

You reward the guy that just committed the worst foul in history?

Phil can't hear you over the bling on hs fingers

Gigglepoo

Gasol has to stop yelling every time he goes up. He's like a bearded Monica Seles

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Going back to college days to make points...

At least Samurai brought up a game that people could remember.

It's the last time Rose played in a big game.

THRILLH0

Banned
4:24 Pau Gasol personal foul (Channing Frye draws the foul) 123-121
4:24 Channing Frye defensive rebound 123-121
4:24 Pau Gasol misses tip shot 123-121
4:24 Pau Gasol offensive rebound 123-121
4:26 Derek Fisher misses jumper 123-121
4:28 Kobe Bryant offensive rebound 123-121
4:28 Pau Gasol offensive rebound 123-121
4:28 Pau Gasol misses layup 123-121
4:31 Derek Fisher misses 9-foot jumper 123-121

Holy shit :lol

Black Mamba said:
I agree, but he should have done it right away. He waited too long. Once 2 seconds hit, Frye had no choice but to shoot. Lamar made the right decision, but too late.

Yeah. He thought of it too late.

The fact that he even thought of it is a good sign. It was a smart idea. Hes an intelligent basketball player, no doubt.

And considering hes been your 2nd best player this game, I wouldn't blame him too much.

Gigglepoo

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He's played in many this year and excelled down the strecth in just about all of them.

He's no Collison though.

I've got nothing against Rose. I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to post that video when someone praises his clutch free throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom