• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers have a big talent disadvantage.

No speed and very little athleticism. No shooters and little perimeter defense.

Maybe Mitch has to take some blame too. We get zero easy baskets cos we have no guys who consistently score off the dribble or run the break

dream

dwight.png

Maybe Mitch has to take some blame too. We get zero easy baskets cos we have no guys who consistently score off the dribble or run the break

what? Bean, an excellent mid range shooter and the greatest shooter ever in Nash?

Mitch did what he could. You can't work miracles. The things you described (athleticism and shooting) are at a premium in the league right now. Guys that have that and are good aren't falling over themselves to sign for the LLE.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So ESPN seems to have finally realized Jalen was their most interesting basketball guy because he is Simmons dude and his epic bitching out of Skip.

DominoKid

Are you guys unfairly zeroing in on Brown or is he really the reason LAL are 0-3?

he's fuckin sorry as shit. the TOs dont help but thats cause were running this broke ass offense. the defense, his specialty, is nonexistant.

the rotations? dear god?

#firemikebrown

Mike Brown setting all kinds of records:
2011-12: Lowest PPG average for Lakers since shot clock introduced.
2012-13: Worst start to a season in 35 years.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
he's fuckin sorry as shit. the TOs dont help but thats cause were running this broke ass offense. the defense, his specialty, is nonexistant.

the rotations? dear god?

#firemikebrown

Mike brown is a literally a brown noser and was never that good. I mean his minute allocation with a team of older players alone shows his lack of ability.

I said before the season started that even if Dwight bolts the trade was a win for the Lakers. Anything to prevent Jimmy Buss from giving Bynum a max contract is better for this team's future.

Cloudy

Banned
Mitch did what he could. You can't work miracles. The things you described (athleticism and shooting) are at a premium in the league right now. Guys that have that and are good aren't falling over themselves to sign for the LLE.

It seems like every other team has 2 or 3 of those guys though. We have none

It seems like every other team has 2 or 3 of those guys though

They've also probably had first round picks and/or lottery picks to get them though. Lakers as presently constructed are still basically operating out of a place that they put themselves in since the early Shaq days. They basically always have a ton of salary committed and haven't been able to reboot or bottom out. Considering those circumstances, I think Mitch has done alright when adding Nash and Dwight are essentially patchwork moves. You can't have it all.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Pathetic. Embarrassing. Shameful.

Truth is truth. But I'm not going to be in full blown panic mode until our starting 5 have played together for at least double digit games (They've only played together like 2 and half times...). I still want Mike Clown fired though. The sooner the better.

Kobe is still a god damn beast. Logging all those minutes (fuck you Mike Clown) and still making shit look easy at his age and in as many seasons he's played... just god damn man. Father Time has to be throwing temper tantrums. This shit ain't right.

f256fb37612dd205421094a3ce4251bc.jpg

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."

Maddocks

Pathetic. Embarrassing. Shameful.

Truth is truth. But I'm not going to be in full blown panic mode until our starting 5 have played together for at least double digit games (They've only played together like 2 and half times...). I still want Mike Clown fired though. The sooner the better.

Kobe is still a god damn beast. Logging all those minutes (fuck you Mike Clown) and still making shit look easy at his age and in as many seasons he's played... just god damn man.

I can get behind this. Yup, mike brown is such a damn idiot. If mike brown could, he would play kobe 48 minutes. But they need to really toss this offense, because of it mike brown has turned nash into steve blake.

Top Bottom