• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cloudy

Banned
They've also probably had first round picks and/or lottery picks to get them though. Lakers as presently constructed are still basically operating out of a place that they put themselves in since the early Shaq days. They basically always have a ton of salary committed and haven't been able to reboot or bottom out. Considering those circumstances, I think Mitch has done alright when adding Nash and Dwight are essentially patchwork moves. You can't have it all.

Spurs don't have lotto picks....

What do you think of trading Pau for some mid-tier talents with athleticism?

coachbe.gif

Flash

Wow really? Lakers fans are super serious.

honestly though how could they drop 3 games? they are way too talented it doesn't matter if they are a new team or whatever. The team just has no urgency at all... only Kobe is playing his ass off.

A new coach might implement an offensive system that actually works for them... they got one of the best passers in the game how can things be so ugly and inefficient?

Nelo Ice

Banned
honestly though how could they drop 3 games? they are way too talented it doesn't matter if they are a new team or whatever. The team just has no urgency at all... only Kobe is playing his ass off.

A new coach might implement an offensive system that actually works for them... they got one of the best passers in the game how can things be so ugly and inefficient?
Yep this team is goin nowhere with Brown coaching he'll kill the team with his 40 min games. If they fail Miami will have the easiest repeat ever.

Maddocks

100+ Million dollar investment over pride, not buying that :D

you should, Phil was very clear on how Jim would only show up and look at him in his office and walk away and was very quick to let go of everyone that Phil brought in. He wanted a coach to stay away from the triangle, that's the reason he went with mike brown while other coaches who interviewed wanted to keep parts of the triangle or keep it all together. mike brown was the only one who said he would toss it completely and would push defense.

I mean Brian Shaw was interviewed for the coaches job and he was pretty much told go away because he was assistant coach to phil. Jim's pride is strong when it comes to his choices.

you should, Phil was very clear on how Jim would only show up and look at him in his office and walk away and was very quick to let go of everyone that Phil brought in. He wanted a coach to stay away from the triangle, that's the reason he went with mike brown while other coaches who interviewed wanted to keep parts of the triangle or keep it all together. mike brown was the only one who said he would toss it completely and would push defense.

I mean Brian Shaw was interviewed for the coaches job and he was pretty much told go away because he was assistant coach to phil. Jim's pride is strong when it comes to his choices.

Didn't they think the triangle was boring and they wanted to bring back showtime? Why the fuck did Jim hire Mike Brown then?

Maddocks

Didn't they think the triangle was boring and they wanted to bring back showtime? Why the fuck did Jim hire Mike Brown then?

Mitch loved it, because mitch was a player, so he knows winning cures all problems. rings and raising banners beats out boring. But jim wanted exciting, fun, awesome from the 80's and while thats great and fun, phoenix tried that for years with pringles as head coach and look at how that worked for him.

Fjordson

Was at the Warriors home opener tonight against the Grizzlies. Down the whole game pretty much and Brandon Rush hurt his knee. Looked pretty bad (thanks Zach).

All in all, a nice way to start the season
=[

shira

Code:
44	masud	0	0 	12 	0.00%	0 	198 
45	-	        0	0 	12 	0.00%	0 	198 
46	ph33	        0	0 	12 	0.00%	0 	198 
47	SamuraiX-	0	0 	12 	0.00%	0 	198 
48	thekad      0	0 	12 	0.00%	0 	198
wtf did they pick all wrong or does it give you a loss if you don't play?

BobLoblaw

Banned
Was at the Warriors home opener tonight against the Grizzlies. Down the whole game pretty much and Brandon Rush hurt his knee. Looked pretty bad (thanks Zach).

All in all, a nice way to start the season
=[
To be fair, he didn't intend to and he actually left the game for like 10 minutes to go to the locker room to check on him. You might not have known that being at the game, but the announcers said he went to check on him.

Fjordson

To be fair, he didn't intend to and he actually left the game for like 10 minutes to go to the locker room to check on him. You might not have known that being at the game, but the announcers said he went to check on him.
Oh damn, I didn't know that. That's cool of him.

To be fair to Zach Randolph, I didn't think he actually meant to hurt him or anything. Was just an unlucky play for us.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Who thinks the Lakers can still turn this around?

Me. As I said before I'm not pushing that panic button until our starting line-up has played more than 2 and a half games together!

There's a lot of wrong with this squad. Defense being the main culprit imo...

But I'm not ready to start flipping over desks and shit and losing my temper every time we lose until the following things have happened and we are STILL somehow losing.

- Dwight is back in game shape (dude has played 5 pro games since April, 2 of which were in pre-season for fuck sakes)
- Our starting five have played together in 10+ games
- Mike Brown decided on a consistent rotation (god help us...)

I still want Mike Clown gone though. Badly. Dude hangs his hat on defense and we are garbage on the defensive end right now.

Top Bottom