• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey guys I just woke up from a bad dream where the Lakers started 0-3 and Nash got injured. Good thing it was just a nightmare!

Branduil

The big thing for the Mavs is that it looks like they got the New Orleans Collison. Thanks for ruining his trade value with your thugball offense, Indy!

giri

It's only a blocking foul if the defender slides in while the player is airborne. Paul wasn't airborne. He was taking his jumping step when Curry claimed the spot. Paul should have not jumped and made the right pass. He thought he beat Curry when he didn't.
I think you'll find the definition isn't airborne at all.

Grizzles should have got rid of Gay when they had the chance and keep mayo, like i said all alone LOL.

Cept Gay is awesome too. So....... no. What they needed to do was change ownership before letting mayo go.

The big thing for the Mavs is that it looks like they got the New Orleans Collison. Thanks for ruining his trade value with your thugball offense, Indy!
Can't believe we got Collison for a hustle player that is in constant foul trouble.

And I don't know how Memphis wasn't able to trade Mayo for some decent picks at least.

Canuck76

Banned
O this is gonna be good.

edit:eek:mg I didn't even notice how stupid he looks on D :LOL.

Yeah that play where he literally runs to the other side of the floor

where no one is

Russell, your making this love tough, man.

I admit, he's a bone head occasionally. At the same time he is one of the best PG defenders in the game when he's going hard. And i've seen plenty of times when he does make that kick out after driving and collapsing the D.

I still take him over a lot of point guards. You can't deny the athleticism, the scoring touch, and when he does, and he does often, make plays for others.

Does Durant need the ball more? Yes, but you put Nash or Rondo on this team it's a lot worse.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

where no one is

I admit, he's a bone head occasionally. At the same time he is one of the best PG defenders in the game when he's going hard. And i've seen plenty of times when he does make that kick out after driving and collapsing the D.

I still take him over a lot of point guards. You can't deny the athleticism, the scoring touch, and when he does, and he does often, make plays for others.

Does Durant need the ball more? Yes, but you put Nash or Rondo on this team it's a lot worse.

Rondo?

Rondo makes the Thunder worse?

Srsly

Banned
I was going to say the other day, VC looks like he's in great shape this season, better than he's looked in years, but I was afraid people would call me crazy.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He doesn't give you as much offensively as Worsebrook and that's something they need with Harden gone. Don't know if Rondo can score 25+ a night like they'd need with his terrible jumpers.

Rondo would of been great prior to the Harden move... now they need Westbrook as the second scoring (first in his mind) option

giri

where no one is

He doesn't give you as much offensively as Worsebrook and that's something they need with Harden gone. Don't know if Rondo can score 25+ a night like they'd need with his terrible jumpers.
The point is, that rondo would actually make everyone around him better. Something westbrook doesn't.

What Nick says is correct, westbrook should not be the one taking the ball over the half court line because he is a terrible decision maker. Move him to SG.

And there were several plays at the end of that spurs game where Durant is standing their calling for the ball, clapping, screaming for it, and YNB just ignores him.

This is also why brooks should be fired, btw, but what ever.

There were so many other better options than trading harden for what they did. And most revolve around keeping him and shipping out YNB.

pilonv1

52FTA for Clippers and Vinny still complaining? lol

Officiating was fucking terrible. Some of the fouls on Lee and Landry were ridiculous. Also Festus Ezili is already a great defender, it's amazing to see him stay on his feet and hold his position and not bite for pump fakes.

Anyway couldn't be happier to be wrong about Lillard, dude has crazy confidence for a rookie. Enjoying watching him play.

giri

Officiating was fucking terrible. Some of the fouls on Lee and Landry were ridiculous. Also Festus Ezili is already a great defender, it's amazing to see him stay on his feet and hold his position and not bite for pump fakes.

Anyway couldn't be happier to be wrong about Lillard, dude has crazy confidence for a rookie. Enjoying watching him play.
Yeah, it was a pretty terrible game to watch, and the reffing was bad.

BobLoblaw

Banned
The point is, that rondo would actually make everyone around him better. Something westbrook doesn't.

What Nick says is correct, westbrook should not be the one taking the ball over the half court line because he is a terrible decision maker. Move him to SG.

And there were several plays at the end of that spurs game where Durant is standing their calling for the ball, clapping, screaming for it, and YNB just ignores him.

This is also why brooks should be fired, btw, but what ever.

There were so many other better options than trading harden for what they did. And most revolve around keeping him and shipping out YNB.
No, I get that. Rondo makes everyone better. The problem though is would he be able to contribute enough to match what he couldn't provide offensively? That answer is likely no. I was on board with shipping YNB out of OKC back when they were playing Memphis in the WC semis a couple of years ago. Mentally, he hasn't improved and he's still playing hero ball. It looks like mentally, he's maxed out, so if OKC were smart, they'd ship his ass out while they can and get someone who not only makes everyone else at OKC better, but can also make up for the offense that YNB provides. There aren't many guards like that outside of CP3, Tony Parker, and maybe Kyrie Irving. In other words, they're probably stuck with him, which is too bad.

giri

No, I get that. Rondo makes everyone better. The problem though is would he be able to contribute enough to match what he couldn't provide offensively? That answer is likely no. I was on board with shipping YNB out of OKC back when they were playing Memphis in the WC semis a couple of years ago. Mentally, he hasn't improved and he's still playing hero ball. It looks like mentally, he's maxed out, so if OKC were smart, they'd ship his ass out while they can and get someone who not only makes everyone else at OKC better, but can also make up for the offense that YNB provides. There aren't many guards like that outside of CP3, Tony Parker, and maybe Kyrie Irving. In other words, they're probably stuck with him, which is too bad.

Yeah, they really dun goofed with the harden thing. Limits them so much.

The NBA is actually pretty stacked at PG, those with bad ones have usually done it voluntarily.

Pkaz01

Yeah, they really dun goofed with the harden thing. Limits them so much.

The NBA is actually pretty stacked at PG, those with bad ones have usually done it voluntarily.

It seems like every year there is a new point guard coming into the league that shows a lot of promise. Its easily the most stacked position in the current nba and will be for the next generation as well. Kind of interesting to see what thats going to do for the game in the future.

blazers win that award this year Lillard is beasting.

BobLoblaw

Banned
He is, but he'll only get you about 10-11 points per game based on his career average. OKC would need like 10 more ppg out of him to match what YNB gives them. I guess the extra assists could cover that, but Boston would never pull that trigger. Not now anyway.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He is, but he'll only get you about 10-11 points per game based on his career average. OKC would need like 10 more ppg out of him to match what YNB gives them. I guess the extra assists could cover that, but Boston would never pull that trigger. Not now anyway.
He was the 4th option until now

I think 16ppg and 10ast is reachable for Rondo

Rondo on OKC would have been deadly, with someone like Doc coaching. Durant off the ball with someone like Rondo is what the league doesn't wanna see. Get some decent shooters who won't mind buying in to play D(yea I know) and you probably have a bit better team than they been puttin out.

Like ace and giri said, Rondo makes players better so there would probably be a good increase in scoring of the limited players like Ibaka, based soley on the easy baskets they could have.

I actually think Rondo will increase his scoring this year also. Our plan last year was to take away the other 3(as most teams do) an let him have to beat us and he did go off a few times.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Should a random fluke shooting night from a below average shooter against the worst team in the NBA really inspire this much hype (OJ Mayo)?

Dallas fans aren't used to managing hype. Bobcats made Jodie Meeks look like Michael Finley.

SamuraiX-

With Kobe Bryant having just told the faithful who were alarmed at the team’s 0-2 start to “shut up; let us work,” the Lakers made it 0-3, falling to the no-longer-bedraggled Clippers, 105-95, on Friday and making a believer of Bryant.

“It’s time to panic right now,” Bryant said afterward.

smfh

charsace

KIDD204404.jpg

"Where my bottles and bitches at!?!"

Sunday Knicks!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
2k13 on wii vs 360 is like night and day

the wii version doesn't even have rookies :|

the 360 version is cluttered with bs. like 20+ players are missing off the rosters. this makes it difficult to start a season with players missing. whenever 2k decides to add them i would have to start over.......fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Top Bottom