• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emwitus

One thing you can't question is his defensive effort and his speed. That last shot he took before he went back to the bench is exactly what the Lakers don't want from him.

He shouldn't ever try to create his own shot. He's not a good enough offensive player to even try.

So true. Lakers need defense and control more than his offensive game.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Am I the only one that noticed that Durant is averaging 15RPG in three games?

Is this how a W feels like?

sooooo gooood

It's beautiful.

jx50blz5CSOKw.jpg

You guys keep bringing up Ebanks as the shooting guard off the bench. Aren't shooting guards suppose to be athletic enough to create their own shot against other shooting guards?

Ebanks is too lanky, and is not as coordinated as ...say, a Trevor Ariza.

The problem with the Lakers is that they don't have a decent shooting guard backup.

One thing you can't question is his defensive effort and his speed. That last shot he took before he went back to the bench is exactly what the Lakers don't want from him.

He shouldn't ever try to create his own shot. He's not a good enough offensive player to even try.

The good thing about Morris is he only plays 10-15 a game so he can play full court defense and put pressure on without having to worry about expending too much energy.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I don't understand these rotations. Play whole quarter rest 4 mins then play rest of quarter really?? Would not be surprised to see the starters play 35+ still at this rate.

Metta has stopped his unneeded drives. Kobe is nowhere near as goddamn stupid as he was last year. The only symptom of the epidemic of dumb left is the coach who's never heard the word "rotation" before.

In case people can't tell, I am really rooting for Darius Morris. I don't even need him to be good. I just need him to not suck, and play defense.

The only way for this to happen is for him to get playing time so the game slows down for him.

That said...the Pistons are fools gold. I need to see the Lakers and Darius play ok against an average NBA team.

bjb

Banned
Fortunately for the Lakers the Pistons just absolutely suck.

Kyle Singler leading the team in scoring at the half. Kyle Singler.

In case people can't tell, I am really rooting for Darius Morris. I don't even need him to be good. I just need him to not suck, and play defense.

Well, that would earn him the backup pg spot. I expect him to prove he does deserve that spot, and that brown will never play him again after nash returns. I expect this because mike brown will do whatever generates the most hate in my heart. Also, kobe will average 38 minutes, win the scoring title, and all of his joints will explode during the first round of the playoffs.

Too be fair, if tonights opponent were the Dallas Mavericks...and the Lakers were to play with tonights effort, I think the Lakers would beat them.

The Lakers aren't a bad basketball team. They are a confused basketball team.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Too be fair, if tonights opponent were the Dallas Mavericks...and the Lakers were to play with tonights effort, I think the Lakers would beat them.

The Lakers aren't a bad basketball team. They are a confused basketball team.
I don't think anyone's seriously said that they were bad overall, just their bench and how they've been managed by the coach. They're giving a good effort tonight, but I still can't see them beating the Spurs or Clippers in a 7 game series. My opinion of the Thunder has dropped because YNB is playing idiot ball, so maybe they can actually beat the Thunder, but not all three.

Top Bottom