• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

KingGondo

Banned
I would make them watch the Spurs before every game.
Sadly, that wouldn't change much. I would absolutely kill to have a big man who can pass like Pau or Marc Gasol.

The problem is that our starting lineup is awful offensively. Perk and Thabo are black holes, and Ibaka is unreliable.

I'm interested to see how this small lineup does. I've been pretty happy with Martin's play so far.

Kellen

5 more shots than Durant. i dont know how fans of this team dont wanna wring this guy's neck

3575307_o.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah Martin has been pretty good. He fits in nicely with FThunder
Daily Thunder made a good point earlier--Martin plays better alongside KD and Russ, but he's not capable of running the second unit nearly as well. It's a tradeoff.

Another thing I didn't expect--Thabeet 1) getting minutes, and 2) actually playing well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Barack Obama and Michael Jordan may have more in common than just Chicago, according to Scottie Pippen.

On Tuesday we reported that Obama spent part of his day eschewing the stress of election day by playing some basketball with Pippen in a pick-up game. By the end of the night, of course, stress wasn’t part of the equation, as Obama won re-election handily (in the electoral college, anyway) over his challenger Mitt Romney.

But if only the campaign was as easy as driving the lane for Obama.

Pippen compared the president to his former legendary teammate, and it wasn’t necessarily flattering. Apparently defenders don’t want to take contact on Obama or Jordan, he told Bulls.com.

“I thought the lanes opened up when Michael Jordan used to drive,” said Pippen in jest. “I used to be like, ‘Wow.’ But when I saw the president drive, I thought they were bringing the whole motorcade through the lane it was so wide.”

With the president slated to give a very public speech later that evening (whether it would have turned out to be acceptance or concession), it’s understandable that no one wanted to be the guy who put Obama on the floor. With Jordan, we’re not too sure, but NBA officiating does have a reputation for protecting its st

Pip has been taking shots at MJ lately..

lol

KingGondo

Banned
It's nice to be able to win on sheer talent, but we would win so much more consistently if we had a coach who imposed a disciplined approach on offense.

KingGondo

Banned
What a boring game. Okc just ain't the same. This is garbage.
It's not like Harden brought guaranteed fireworks when he was in OKC.

He got to the FT line a lot and took open threes... And there were nights when he fizzled offensively, too.

He was capable of magic, but his reputation has been greatly enhanced because of his first couple of games in Houston.

Top Bottom