• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

h3ro

it'll be real sad when Amar'e comes back and fucks everything up for the Knicks
Did someone else grab a pony figurine that you really wanted at toysrus?

Shump needs a haircut.
You kiddin' me?!

rItTC.jpg

SHUMPSDASKYWALKERGOD

squicken

Statement from Royce White on Rockets

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

guy won't get on an airplane and says anxiety disorder is keeping him from practicing

Good win, we were missing Pretty Tone's perimeter D and ability to score when needed, good thing JR stepped it up.

Not sure how long we'll keep this up . Lets hope Grunwald tweets Morey soon.

Flash

Statement from Royce White on Rockets

guy won't get on an airplane and says anxiety disorder is keeping him from practicing

sucks... feel bad for the dude but but he isn't going to get another contract in this league. how could they possibly accommodate him other than to stop his anxiety (easier said then done, i'm sure). And people probably think that he's bullshiting or over-exaggeration as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sucks... feel bad for the dude but but he isn't going to get another contract in this league. how could they possible accommodate him other than to stop his anxiety (easier said then done, i'm sure). And people probably think that he's bullshiting or over-exaggeration as well.

Yeah this whole thing is sad.

Rockets are just going to cut their losses soon enough and nobody else in the league is going to bother.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
sucks... feel bad for the dude but but he isn't going to get another contract in this league. how could they possibly accommodate him other than to stop his anxiety (easier said then done, i'm sure). And people probably think that he's bullshiting or over-exaggeration as well.

I don't really understand what he is asking for... I really hope he isn't bullshitting because real anxiety disorders are difficult enough to deal with without people making a mockery of them

Canuck76

Banned
I don't really understand what he is asking for... I really hope he isn't bullshitting because real anxiety disorders are difficult enough to deal with without people making a mockery of them

No i don't think he is BSing.

I don't know. In the NBA you really can't just play half the games. I bet they hang on to him. As time goes on i think he'll get more comfortable. Until then maybe just a seventh man?

Don't think anyone else is going to give him a shot at this point

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I don't know. In the NBA you really can't just play half the games. I bet they hang on to him. As time goes on i think he'll get more comfortable. Until then maybe just a seventh man?

Doesn't sound like he isn't willing to go on the road or whatever.. How did he travel in college?

squicken

he's currently on twitter throwing dirt on his career. he clearly has more than anxiety problems. maybe one day he'll get his head right but he is non-functional right now

https://twitter.com/Highway_30

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I don't really understand what he is asking for...
I have no clue, but it said this on Wiki:

White missed the opening of NBA camp on Monday October 1, due to a desire to have a contractual plan with the Rockets for addressing his obsessive compulsive disorder and anxiety disorder.

So clearly he wants them to agree to some concessions or leniencies.

I am a person with OCD and anxiety, so I can empathize with him, and even my first thought was on whether this was a premeditated plan. Not from the "he's bullshitting!" stance, but more that it was probably a foregone conclusion that his mental illness would keep him from having an NBA career, "but why not find a team willing to sign me so I can make some cash" out of it."

I mean he can't fly. At all. Ever. What was the realistic gameplan to get around that in the NBA? And didn't we know all of this even before the Draft anyway? So then do I blame him, or the Rockets?

Maybe he did give it an honest try and found out that he just can't manage his treatment while balancing it with playing pro ball. Maybe he was convinced (by someone) that the motivation of dollar signs would overwhelm the mental illness. I dunno.

Vahagn

I think Pop thinks he has a legitimate chance to win a chip this year, as a result...

He's probably the happiest man in the league that 'Antoni got the job over Phil

Top Bottom