• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smokey

Statement from Royce White

Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

Yeh don't think this gon work

giri

Yeah. Sucks for him. But basically, he needs to take a medical retirement from the league and go sort his shit out. It's really the only good option. He's just going to keep blaming any team that picks him up, and the league is going to get sick of him quickly.

exarkun

Is that why he hasn't been at games?

Take medication, brah. Though I don't understand how it feels to have an anxiety disorder, there aren't many teams that would bend over backkkkwards to make him feel at home. In fact, there aren't any.

Think about liability insurance, the payment for the transportation, the different set of people that would have to manage his travel. Yeaaaa, no.

Top Bottom