• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is no way it's just a coincidence that as soon as Brown is fired Morris and Artest look like respectable NBA players. Is it?

If Blake comes back and steals Morris' minutes I'm gonna be pissed too. Blake isn't better than him at.. anything right now. For real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr4qWAIz-BI&feature=player_embedded

"Have you ever heard of career builders dot com?" Holy shit ahahah

Let's not overreact to one game. Morris looked like shit previously. Blake deserves the right to earn the spot with good play.

I want to see Morris be consistent with this. But it would be really good if he can be because the Lakers could use some speed.

giri

Let's not overreact to one game. Morris looked like shit previously. Blake deserves the right to earn the spot with good play.

I want to see Morris be consistent with this. But it would be really good if he can be because the Lakers could use some speed.

Oh come on.

Laker fans have perennially over-rated bench players. Why stop now?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Crazy that we would have five straight wins if not for an insanely lucky shot by Danny Green.

Yes, a guy that is shooting 50FG% from three-point range and was #9 in all of the NBA last year in 3PT% made an "insanely lucky" shot. "Insanely lucky", uhhuh.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The only thing Blake has on Morris right now is outside shooting. Morris' D is noticeably better than Blakes. Look at the job he did on Tony Parker. Blake couldn't dream of playing TP like that...

Blake also doesn't drive the lane for shit. He is not about that life. And I'll take my chances with Morris guarding the D Will's/Westbrooks/Rondo's/CP3's of the league over Blake any day right now.

Why kill this kids confidence? Why fuck up a good thing for an old player who has had 3 year to show us something and never has? I mean really... we need to milk this shit for all it's worth.

Yes, a guy that is shooting 50FG% from three-point range and was #9 in all of the NBA last year in 3PT% made an "insanely lucky" shot. "Insanely lucky", uhhuh.
Yeah, that game was on Howards stupid fouls and Kobe's "defense". But for all intents and purposes we should have won that fucking game...

The only thing Blake has on Morris right now is outside shooting. Morris' D is noticeably better than Blakes. Look at the job he did on Tony Parker. Blake couldn't dream of playing TP like that...

Blake also doesn't drive the lane for shit. He is not about that life. And I'll take my chances with Morris guarding the D Will's/Westbrooks/Rondo's/CP3's of the league over Blake any day right now.

Why kill this kids confidence? Why fuck up a good thing for an old player who has had 3 year to show us something and never has? I mean really... we need to milk this shit for all it's worth.

Yeah, that game was on Howards stupid fouls and Kobe's "defense". But for all intents and purposes we should have won that fucking game...

Morris' defense had been really bad off-ball until last game. He wasn't very good on TP, but TP missed some shots he normally makes.

Not that Blake is any good on defense. Morris' on ball D is actually pretty decent so far, maybe even good. But off-ball it's been a disaster. But it seems he's improving.

haha it's puddles, man. Though, Green was shooting like shit that night. 2/12 before that shot, I believe. Wasn't lucky, but damn he made one while he was cold. MWP had a chance to seal it with a corner 3 and missed. Thems the breaks :(

Emwitus

Morris' defense had been really bad off-ball until last game. He wasn't very good on TP, but TP missed some shots he normally makes.

The way he followed parker off multiple screens is something blake will never ever be able to do. Atleast he made him work, and that's the least you can ask for against parker. Blake on the other hand is cowdung.

Feel bad for Roy because I know how much he loves basketball. Not so much for Kahn. The Timberwolves doctor should get as much bad mouthing as any of the Portland doctors. Blazers were trying to save Roy's quality of life by the end of it.

Emwitus

So he was losing his man on the defensive end...for a rookie is that much of a counter argument? I can forgive lapses in judgment once in a while as that can easily be rectified with practice. Lack of athleticism on the other hand is a no no. Duhon especially is the worst. Against the spurs and suns, he would get stuck in between screens disrupting our whole defense.

Shadow780

lol

iwstMek9Dqn4v.gif

ibiU7VeCjWlrxO.gif

the Czs got blown out by 20 by a D1 level nba team? lol.
who woulda thought the Czs, Nuggets and Indiana would be playing like .500 (or sub.500) teams out the gate.

Pkaz01

To be honest I don't think aldridge develops into the player he is today if he had durant or a healthy Roy on his team. he'd still be good but not like now

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
To be honest I don't think aldridge develops into the player he is today if he had durant or a healthy Roy on his team. he'd still be good but not like now
Possibly.

He only stopped playing with a skirt once he saw all of his teammates die around him.

Smokey

Wake up from my cold induced coma to see how much the Rockets lost by. Look at box score. Yep. Stat line looks about right. Jeremy Lin is still a bad basketball player. Kobe continues to destroy the Rockets. Appears the entire starting 5 had fun running through the Rockets.

At least Chandler Parsons appears to be waking up from his coma and Terrence Jones needs to play more. Was his first significant amount of minutes all season. That could've been in garbage time tho.

Love analyzing box scores because Comcast Sports Net and the Rockets are a bunch of idiots. On the plus side looks like I missed the usual Laker age Plan the Parade posts.

h3ro

Time to pop bottles, reilo.

@ESPNSteinLine said:
Dunk flap aside, Elias says @Dame_Lillard is the first rook to average 19 ppg & 6 apg through 10 games since Isiah Thomas (21 & 7) in 1981

lilzeke.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The upside to this Brandon Roy injury is that Lee and Shved continue to get minutes.

Unfortunately, Josh Howard does, too.

I've been thinking about tanking strategy this morning and I've decided that winning a decent bit this year won't hurt us long-term. I'm not all that excited about any of the players in this year's draft outside of Shabazz. The odds of winning the lottery and taking him are going to be slim no matter how much we lose.

I'd rather our team get a taste of winning and competing this year in order to 1, make our tradeable vets look good, and 2 to show our young guys what they need to do in order to compete. At the end of the season when we inevitably miss the playoffs our young guys will figure out that hard work alone isn't enough to win a championship. You need talent, and to get the best chance at that in a place like Charlotte you need lots of draft picks. At that point, or better yet before the season is over, we should trade Henderson, Sessions, Gordon, etc, for the best draft picks they will fetch. Hopefully, with protections that will give us a good shot at being able to use them in the 2014 draft. Ideally, I'd like to have 3 1st round picks in that draft: Our own early lottery pick, the Blazers pick, and another late lottery pick.

The Blazers pick will be top 12 protected this year and next. I think the odds are good that we'll have this pick in 2014.

The Pistons pick is top 14 protected this year and top 8 protected next year. As things look now I don't think we'll be getting that until 2015.

That means we're going to need one more first round pick for 2014. And as I said earlier Henderson, Sessions, and Gordon are our best tradeble assets. But someone has to be willing to give up a 2014 pick for them, which will probably be a tough sell. I've got my fingers crossed though.

Top Bottom