• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't remember if that play was a flop worthy of being singled out by the leagues new policy. I'd have to check the video to see.

How do you explain Giantbomb, a bunch of guys running a videogame site, who bought all the Wii games and consoles themselves having a sour taste in their mouth after spending 7 hours with it?

You answered your own question.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
B.J. Evans (@BobcatsBballPR)
11/19/12, 4:23 PM
Injury @bobcats update: Tyrus Thomas to miss approx. two months w/2nd degree Lt calf strain & tear of plantaris muscle. No surgery needed.

this is the worst tank ever

I think people shit on brook more for having a girls name, and the fact that he plays like a bitch. No rebounding, minimal D, not all that physical.

He's averaging 6.4 rebounds in 30minutes, and thats his highest rate in 3 years.

Amare copped a lot of shit and he used to average around 8.

Brook is also averaging almost 3 blocks.

His numbers have suffered the last two seasons because he had mono and only played like 5 games last season due to injury. What do people not get?

I'm giving LMA a ton of shit this year and he had 13 rebounds last night. If you're the only legit big man on the team at this point, there's no excuse.

Kris Humphries was #5 in the league in rebounding last year and this year, Reggie Evans, Humps backup, is #13 in rebounds per 48. Who's number 10? Kris Humphries.

this is the worst tank ever

Teach the young guys how to compete this year and tank the next for a stacked draft. We need to build up our vets to make them tradeable, and to do that we're going to have to win some games. We weren't going to be able to get rid of Tyrus anyway, so maybe we'll be able to package Warrick with one of our other guys for a draft pick.

DY_nasty

Teach the young guys how to compete this year and tank the next for a stacked draft. We need to build up our vets to make them tradeable, and to do that we're going to have to win some games. We weren't going to be able to get rid of Tyrus anyway, so maybe we'll be able to package Warrick with one of our other guys for some draft picks.

Diop and Tyrus will never be tradeable. Warrick isn't getting us a draft pick man... Gordon might, but his value is in his expiring, not his play on the court. Mullens is going to get paid by a team that isn't us most likely. Henderson will probably be gone.

You keep saying play on - but that play on shit was the difference between James Harden and Gerald Henderson in the draft.

I don't want to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Diop and Tyrus will never be tradeable. Warrick isn't getting us a draft pick man... Gordon might, but his value is in his expiring, not his play on the court. Mullens is going to get paid by a team that isn't us most likely. Henderson will probably be gone.

You keep saying play on - but that play on shit was the difference between James Harden and Gerald Henderson in the draft.

how much money is diop making this year? is he still being paid out from that full mle deal marky mark gave him?

By that same token though it's never just where your drafting but your GM/scouting work. See Turner instead of Cousins, or wherever the fuck Monroe went that year.

But yeah, the Cats should be tanking. Ideally nobody exists on that roster in a few years but Kemba, MKG, maybe Biyombo off the bench.

"Building up vets" lol. Vets can't be built up on bad teams. They don't want to be there and they just want to get paid. The only value is in expiring like DY said.

You guys aren't at "lets make sure they don't want to kill themselves yet". See, we had the MINDSET of doing what Joe is talking about for the Wiz after we got 2 more lottery picks to play with Wall simply because it was like alright...Walls beent through 3 bad seasons now, lets actually try to make sure he doesn't pull a Bron on us and put players around him that actually allows him to develop.

Yall aint even close to being there yet. Even going by WizTheory™, you can't stop tanking until a couple of seasons after you've drafted your franchise player. Kemba and MKG are nice players but they aren't franchise yet. Franchise guy will be there in 2014. Not tanking at this point is like...franchise suicide.

giri

Brook is also averaging almost 3 blocks.

His numbers have suffered the last two seasons because he had mono and only played like 5 games last season due to injury. What do people not get?

Why do you keep making excuses for the guy? he's a bad defender because he doesn't try and he's a poor rebounder.

Saying otherwise is just excusing bad play.

Z-Bo was on one leg last year and averaged 8. He's also only 6'10 (at best). He also has almost no vertical.

What was Brooks excuse again?

Yeah, excuses.

Cats wish they could tank like us

We're playing McRoberts off the bench as a 3 instead of developing Moe Harkless

also why da fuq is Magic Hawks the NBATV game tonight, they need to flex that shit to Nuggs/Grizz

giri

Let me put the Lopez thing in perspective, you want your Bigs to be averaging around 6 - 8 defensive rebounds, minimum, a game. And the rest comes from Offensive Rebounds.

Look at Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph for e.g.

Marc has never had massively high rebounding rates. Why? Because he plays next to Zach. Which means he plays a lot in the high post, while zach plays a lot in the low post. Zach is an offensive rebounding monster, and thats what puts him well over averaging double digit rebounds.

But they both average around that 6-8 DREB a game mark. Which is what makes them a good rebounding front court. Not great, but good, because Marc's averages are down a bit.

Marc's numbers are down this year, but he's still boxing out, and his number will get back up there.

Lopez is trending the complete opposite direction. And he has never averaged over 6.

Why is it something that people berate him for? It's very hard to be a winning team when you get out rebounded all the time and give up a ton of second chance opportunities.

I'd like to check it against 2nd chance points / opportunities, but i can't find that anywhere at the moment.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
if you want to troll Wii or defend it to the last man take your chances on gaming

Racist cartoon character, what?

jrue-holiday.jpg

masud

Banned
8-1 Tonight, no need to play no more games and all that.
And Im enjoying my wii u, the social media stuff is pretty cool, and if i told yall how much I like Nintendoland yall would probably make fun of me so i wont...

DY_nasty

no tyrus to bail us out of this lead

fml
And Im enjoying my wii u, the social media stuff is pretty cool, and if i told yall how much I like Nintendoland yall would probably make fun of me so i wont...

what a fucking mark

charsace

To all those who said Bynum should have been extended if we didnt get D12, HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!! He's a waste of height and talent. Horrible attitude and bum knees. Have fun Phili.

Dat class. What finishing school did you go to?

I wouldn't. My problem with the system is that its so under powered.

Doomsayer

Is it sad that I went to buy a PS3 yesterday and seen that there were no games that interested me (that I couldn't get on PC) so I ended up preordering a WiiU?

Damn you Mario and Zelda!

Top Bottom