• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
kemba jeter lol

holy fuck tie game

mullens made it happen

what in the fucking fuck

kemba jeter lol

holy fuck tie game

mullens made it happen

what in the fucking fuck

Bow down to the new face of your franchise.

mullens.png

By that same token though it's never just where your drafting but your GM/scouting work. See Turner instead of Cousins, or wherever the fuck Monroe went that year.

But yeah, the Cats should be tanking. Ideally nobody exists on that roster in a few years but Kemba, MKG, maybe Biyombo off the bench.

"Building up vets" lol. Vets can't be built up on bad teams. They don't want to be there and they just want to get paid. The only value is in expiring like DY said.

You guys aren't at "lets make sure they don't want to kill themselves yet". See, we had the MINDSET of doing what Joe is talking about for the Wiz after we got 2 more lottery picks to play with Wall simply because it was like alright...Walls beent through 3 bad seasons now, lets actually try to make sure he doesn't pull a Bron on us and put players around him that actually allows him to develop.

Yall aint even close to being there yet. Even going by WizTheory™, you can't stop tanking until a couple of seasons after you've drafted your franchise player. Kemba and MKG are nice players but they aren't franchise yet. Franchise guy will be there in 2014. Not tanking at this point is like...franchise suicide.

We're on year 3 right now. Ideally, we need two more years of good tanking to get to the promised land. That doesn't mean we have to tank consecutively. As long as we're in the top 7 of the lottery we'll have a decent chance to get an impact player as long as we scout well. Our number one goal should be to stockpile as many 1sts as we can. Building up journeyman vets is definitely easier said than done, but other than signing large expirings how else are we supposed to do that?

Hype can be a dangerous thing in the hands of a smart gm and the 2014 draft is full of it. If we can acquire 3 firsts in that draft we can do some major damage, whether through trades or the draft itself.

Mostly though i just don't like the upcoming draft so tanking for it seems like a wasted effort for me.

Pkaz01

Just read the gortat bullshit and the trade rumors. Well hopefully we get something good out of it. wouldn't mind taking lamb off okcs hands since they aint using him

DY_nasty

that's the shameball that i know

he even went under the screen... what the fuck

Come on dy, Dunlap is going to implement the managed tank before too long. He wouldn't have been hired if he wasn't all in with the long-term plan.

JoeFu

Banned
Mavs looking sloppy, and neither team can shoot. Glad I can play NSMBU while watching this game. And post on gaf using the same device!

iamblades

I am completely shocked at how much offense Houston is running through Patterson this year.

I mean I love him as a player, but houston went from went from using him in a strict garbageman role last year to setting up him for elbow and baseline jumpers every other time down the court this year.

DY_nasty

Come on dy, Dunlap is going to implement the managed tank before too long. He wouldn't have been hired if he wasn't all in with the long-term plan.

he was hired because he would probably suck his first year at the very least and we get to pay him with the clothes from larry brown's dead strippers

he's trying to win COTY

he's going to get if it he keeps it up...

he was hired because he would probably suck his first year at the very least and we get to pay him with the clothes from larry brown's dead strippers

he's trying to win COTY

he's going to get if it he keeps it up...

We're 10 games into the season though, if we're still winning games close to the All-Star break with no tank in sight I'll be right there with you calling for heads to roll.

Mavs looking sloppy, and neither team can shoot. Glad I can play NSMBU while watching this game. And post on gaf using the same device!

You lucky bastard, I want a WiiU so bad... Hope I can get one soon. Is that the only game you bought?

Is Marvin Williams so much better in Utah because he has never had a home court advantage before?

What the hell? When the Hayward start coming off the bench?

giri

i would love it but I don't see them waiting until next year to do a trade if he keeps ruining the chemistry by opening his mouth

who knows he might cost gentry his contract extension.

What Chemisty?

How are we going to get 15 wins?

Eventually other teams will tank, you'll get healthy, or hot.

It's very hard to win single digit games through a full season.

JoeFu

Banned
You lucky bastard, I want a WiiU so bad... Hope I can get one soon. Is that the only game you bought?

I have ZombiU on the way. Really liking the system despite all the negative stuff. Anyways I need to stop going off topic in this thread.

Any news on Dirk's knee? Haven't read anything in a while other than that one tweet saying it wasn't healing as fast as he thought it would.

DY_nasty

We're 10 games into the season though, if we're still winning games close to the All-Star break with no tank in sight I'll be right there with you calling for heads to roll.
If we're only 10 games under .500 by the all-star break, it'll be too late.

Washington, Detroit, Sacramento, Orlando may not see 20 wins until April.

giri

Idk whatever fucked up team they were trying to glue together. I just don't see them sitting there and waiting while he destroys his trade value by talking shit.

See. Thats the problem with the article. He's right.

But W/E my stance has been long known.

Washington is going to win more games than us before the season is over, and if we're still in the top 5 for the lottery we'll be sitting fine. Outside of Shabazz the draft is going to be even more of a crapshoot than it usually is. I don't see much difference between Zeller, Noel, McAdoo, Gobert, Len, Goodwin, Nash, etc.

I like Purvis, Austin, and Mitchell though; and if the rankings stay near where they are now they will all likely be available in the mid to late lottery.

Pkaz01

See. Thats the problem with the article. He's right.

But W/E my stance has been long known.

He is right but at the same times its not like he has been balling out of control either, missing easy shots left and right on offense.

I don't see them trading him just yet, most likely beasley gets benched but then brown stops the ball on offense the same way. Id rather start tucker and dudley.

Last game, it's a "mix up the lineup" move to get Favors on the court.

It happened last year and he started averaging like 18, also he might be our best pg :(

I have ZombiU on the way. Really liking the system despite all the negative stuff. Anyways I need to stop going off topic in this thread.

Favors is nice, but yeah, Hayward looks real good when I see him play.

Any news on Dirk's knee? Haven't read anything in a while other than that one tweet saying it wasn't healing as fast as he thought it would.

Dunno, heard they were picking up activity but not sure. I hope he can get back soon.

Emwitus

Honestly, this is the best move for your team dy. How many years can you realistically tank without negatively affecting the players desire to win? They've been tanking so long it's about time you get to a winning culture in there and now move to trading for good players.

mhi

Can't wait till the end of the year when teams are jockeying for draft position.

Hopefully Kyrie being out means more ball in Dion's hands and another top5 pick.

Top Bottom