• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Shouldn't the game be called? I thought they made a ruling years ago that it's not possible to throw up a shot in less than .4 seconds.

Remember the Fisher etc.

It is possible on a throw-in > tip-out shot. Or an alley oop.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shouldn't the game be called? I thought they made a ruling years ago that it's not possible to throw up a shot in less than .4 seconds.

Remember the Fisher etc.

the rule was changed to .3

refs can't end a game early. it's a statistical reason

god damn

Kobe +20 in 39 minutes

Team -15 in 9 minutes Kobe sat

Metta trolling:

MettaRubsAvery.gif

linsivvi

Remember the Fisher etc.

There's always a chance that MWP would go crazy and flagrant foul Wallace while Kobe's shooting FTs, and then a couple more Lakers get called for technicals.

Babalu.

lakers win the first game in their 4 games in 5 nights stretch.

Brooklyn -WIN
Sacramento

Day off

Memphis
Dallas

I dont think they can handle memphis but the others are probably wins.

Cloudy

Banned
I'll take 4/10 from 3 easily. That's really efficient.

Considering Ron is wide ass open on all his 3s, it's not really that impressive lol

Makes sense, unbelievable that he has become our best 3point shooter just by volume.

Phil and Brown (to some extent) used to discourage him from shooting. Bickerstaff and Antoni haven't

Considering Ron is wide ass open on all his 3s, it's not really that impressive lol

Phil used to discourage him from shooting. Bickerstaff and Antoni haven't

Unimpressive perhaps, but NBA wise it ends up being efficient.

40% from 3 is great shooting and if he consistently does that, it's big.

FWIW, Ron is shooting over 45% from 3 since Brown got fired. If he he shoots 40% on the year, with Nash back, the starters are pretty unstoppable on offense.

Let's see if it can continue. If it does, what do defenses do?

Makes sense, unbelievable that he has become our best 3point shooter just by volume.

Ron has always been a better 3 point shooter when he shoots in volume.

Most disappointing was forward James Michael McAdoo. In the tourney-opening blowout against Mississippi State, McAdoo was solid on offense, but had four mind-boggling turnovers, prompting Williams to comment after the game that “we can’t throw the basketball around.”

On Tuesday night, McAdoo had 7 turnovers to go with his 10 points and 5 rebounds. Williams isn’t the only one miffed by the performance of his big man.

Most of the NBA scouts and general managers in the audience savaged McAdoo for his performance the past two games. “He looks good in a basketball uniform,” one GM told me. “But after that, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to like. He’s a pretty good athlete, but he isn’t very skilled and he doesn’t go hard all the time. There’s not one thing he does that really stands out about his game. He certainly hasn’t played like a top-five pick.”

:(

Unimpressive perhaps, but NBA wise it ends up being efficient.

40% from 3 is great shooting and if he consistently does that, it's big.

FWIW, Ron is shooting over 45% from 3 since Brown got fired. If he he shoots 40% on the year, with Nash back, the starters are pretty unstoppable on offense.

Let's see if it can continue. If it does, what do defenses do?

Ron has always been a better 3 point shooter when he shoots in volume.

now the only barrier is the bench.

and Dwight's FTs

now the only barrier is the bench.

I'm still hoping Mike D realizes he should take Nash out early and run Nash-Howard with the second unit a bit.

I believe there should be 2 bench units. One with Pau-Kobe (like the one that ends the 1st and 3rd now) and a Nash-D12 one (right now it's just D12 to start the 2nd/4th).

I really think this would fix it. I'd take Nash out after 6 min of the 1st Q, bring him in to start the 2nd, take him out at the 6 min and back in at the 3 min. 15 min 1st half. 2nd half play by ear. Same 3rd as 1st, but only bench him in the 4th if needed. Brings him to 30-33 min per game.

Lakers hit 30% from 3 and 65% from FT today and it's a comfortable win. The fact that they can win shooting that bad from both is encouraging.

BTW, Red Blaster. I told you Brooklyn would cool off. Shooting 55% at the time, ended 42% for the game.

12/34 for dat Deron/JJ $200 million backcourt.

edit: BTW, I mentioned how the Nets were the best 2nd q team and worst 3rd q team. Tonight 34 in the 2nd and 16 in the 3rd. How is this possible? Their bench isn't special.

shira

I thought he looked nice in high school, but yeah, kind of strange after not really showing that much skill or athleticism in his Freshman year.

Players still get drafted based on their HS performances.
Beal was average at Florida but his HS upside got him picked high because of his HS shooting upside

Players still get drafted based on their HS performances.
Beal was average at Florida but his HS upside got him picked high because of his HS shooting upside

Beal was definitely the best player on an Elite Eight team and he was pretty awesome in the second half of the year at Florida. Played great defense and was a great pick-and-roll player at Florida.

McAdoo was a big man who shot 43% from the field.

Puddles

Banned
Somehow despite watching games featuring the Suns and Knicks for years, I never heard Mike D'Antoni talk very much.

He has much more of a drawl than I had remembered.

JD2K is your friend.

Thanks! Never knew about this. Too bad their videos load slowly for me and i can't move forward, but I'll wait patiently.

Greg Beacham ‏@gregbeacham
More Kobe: "They can all kiss my a**. I'm sure he feels the same way. You score 138 points, you have a license to tell people to f**k off."

Greg Beacham ‏@gregbeacham
How could anybody score 138 points? Kobe says: "You've got to be in shape. You've got to have a little Mamba blood in you."

Interview list:

1a. Pop
1b. Kobe

Top Bottom