• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pkaz01

No argument's here. Honestly, i'd rather nash have the ball almost every time he's out there since he can do a better job of getting both pau and dwight involved. Now if there was some way we could trade our bench for the medical stuff in phoenix.

I think pau is going to be really useful and I really dont get why laker fans want him traded so bad. His passing is going to destroy teams.

There shouldn't be an argument for Nash over Kobe. It's pretty simple --Nash dominates the ball when he's on the court. No exceptions. Kobe plays off the ball. Establish rotations so that Nash and Kobe share minutes mostly during the start of the 1st and 3rd quarters and at the end of games.

That way Kobe dominates the ball a healthy amount without Nash on the floor and vice versa. It also makes it so your bench can only be so bad, as one of those guys will always be on the floor.

Edit:

And McAdoo fucking sucks by the way. He'll be lucky to be a late 1st. He's nowhere near Terrence Jones good. He's not even Marcus Morris good.

h3ro

Great article on Grantland analyzing Melo's high level play at the 4.

Besides some lapses into iso-Melo tomfoolery, he's been great at picking spots on when to drive, kick or spot up. Hopefully the team is able to maintain some semblance of this high level play throughout the year.

Amare' coming back and accepting being the offensive punch guy that comes in when Melo sits would go a long way towards that. JR is just to inconsistent and can fall into the abyss quickly with bad decision making and is driving me mad with his incessant ball handling and bringing the ball up when the PG is right next to him.

Also, the entire Nets roster is garbage.

Emwitus

Jack taylor saying his inspiration is kobe bryant on fox news. Shock.

EDIT: "Felt like everything I was throwing up was going in"

Kwhit10

I love stirring this pot.

OMG Rondo with best FG% of all qualified guards, 17th including all big men.

LQybT.png

Great article on Grantland analyzing Melo's high level play at the 4.

Besides some lapses into iso-Melo tomfoolery, he's been great at picking spots on when to drive, kick or spot up. Hopefully the team is able to maintain some semblance of this high level play throughout the year.

Amare' coming back and accepting being the offensive punch guy that comes in when Melo sits would go a long way towards that. JR is just to inconsistent and can fall into the abyss quickly with bad decision making and is driving me mad with his incessant ball handling and bringing the ball up when the PG is right next to him.

Also, the entire Nets roster is garbage.

If STAT comes off the bench healthy, we could plausibly have top-tier 3/4/5 play at all times in the game, just like we have pretty good play at the 1 all game now. I really, really want this current streak to be real.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If STAT comes off the bench healthy, we could plausibly have top-tier 3/4/5 play at all times in the game, just like we have pretty good play at the 1 all game now. I really, really want this current streak to be real.

Even then the knicks should attempt to have stat in the starting lineup for certain sets. You can't ignore the fact that some teams can match up with Melo at the 4 to the point the mismatch works against him. You need to have some practice done in case you face one of those opponents in the playoffs.

Of course you have to have sets with both of them in it.

Ideally, if STAT has that jumpshot back to 2010/2011 efficacy, you want them both out there because when they go and double Melo, STAT can kill them with a jumper or be a pick and roll target (particularly if Chandler is off the floor).

The league is getting increasingly about matchups rather than specific positions, so if you can create constant matchup problems, you gotta do it.

shira

No argument's here. Honestly, i'd rather nash have the ball almost every time he's out there since he can do a better job of getting both pau and dwight involved. Now if there was some way we could trade our bench for the medical stuff in phoenix.

Medical = doctor

Rehab is different from medical staff.

I was at the hospital for my mon last night so I missed most of the Laker game. Caught the second half on the radio and the last 2 min on TV. I'll take the win.

"I hope he can keep this up all year" is a statement I'm not sure who applies to more. Kobe or Ron.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...num-likely-out-season?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

The 76ers let Andrew Bynum break the news about the latest setback with his damaged knees on Friday, then acted as if they weren’t sure what was going on with the guy they’re paying $16.5 million this season. The truth is that the 7-foot, 285-pound former All-Star center who has yet to play a game as a Sixer may be out for the season and will learn in December, at the earliest, whether he’ll require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year. Delaware News Journal

Wow...

lol some great gift ideas for mavs/dirk fans:

41KajcbViQL.jpg

hwl

lol i actually would happily accept these as gifts for the ridiculousness. i know what's going on my wishlist.

i'm sure there are some more awesome nba player tshirts out there like this:
41wSU3yhFSL._SL500_.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hollinger calling out the Thunder for their shit starting offense despite Westbrook and Durant in the line-up -- particularly Sefalosha, Perkins, and Ibaka.

Jeff-DSA

This picture is hilarious.

QWKPg.jpg

It's like Shotcrook is saying, "ok, we're down 1 with 15 seconds to go. I'm going to figure a way to inbound the pass to myself and I'll take a pull up deep 2 point shot with 11 seconds left on the clock. If I miss, we foul and I'll get a chance to put it into overtime."

reilo

Sure, small early-season samples likely make this look worse, but the struggles of the Thunder starters are not a new phenomenon. In 2011-12, Oklahoma City's starting five had an offensive mark nearly seven points worse than its overall production (100.5 versus 107.1), a mark that only grew worse in the playoffs.

lol

reilo

David Arseneault is the man behind the plan. Since becoming Grinnell coach in 1989, Arseneault has focused less on putting together a successful team and more on getting his players' names in the record books. And, not incidentally, selling books and videos touting his innovative "system." At least three separate times a Grinnell player has set the D-III single-game scoring record, and each one has gotten national attention. In 1998, Jeff Clement went for 77 points, and received a story in Sports Illustrated. Last season Griffin Lentsch scored 89 points, and got a feature on ESPN.com. Today, Taylor's 138-point game is everywhere.
"The strategy was to use a full court press after a made basket, with the caveat that [the player seeking the record] would not cross into the defensive side of the court. So, after our opponents broke our press, we were essentially playing four-on-five, which enabled the other team to take quicker shots and fall into our game plan.

"The rationale is to essentially trade off a quick two or more attempts at lower probability 3-point shots. Given the high pace required for the system, Grinnell shifts in five players every 30 to 45 seconds. Within each shift there is a primary shooter who will take the bulk of threes (or shots) during the shift."

http://deadspin.com/5962514/

shira

Rehab staff follows the diagnosis/treatment recommendations of a Physician. Medicine and Rehabilitation are intertwined. Physicians, Therapists, Trainers are all part of the same unit.
Fine, but the training staff is not the medical staff
The training staff seems to be the elite ones at Phoenix, not the doctors.

This is becoming Camby for McDyess bad

On the flip side can they trade his expiring if he is injured?
Give him to us, tdot needs to sell tickets & bowling lanes need a boost

1. Pau looks great in this offense. His defense is garbage still but I think he fits in this offense perfectly and I do not want him traded. The chemistry between he and Dwight is fantastic.

2. Played well last night, and against a good opponent, but I left the replay of the game on and we got gifted so many calls. Poor Brook Lopez.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He's expiring right now. I doubt they get much other than another contract in return. Amare?

if he sucks it up on his return maybe just so the knicks could go for josh smith this offseason. Also philly might do it to they wanted Amare before and it would help them save face. Then again Woodson and Smith had issues before so it might not be the best idea.

Then again the defense would be insane with Josh smith in the line up.

reilo

mike-dantoni-booster-seat.jpg

Please please please get him Phil's tall chair for the ultimate troll. I want to see an updated version of that "sit the fuck down" gif with D'Antoni sitting down in Jax's tall chair.

Top Bottom