• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's hard to see what the Thunder can do with this team offensively other than YNB and Durant isos. This is a team of guys that can't even set screens (Durant, Ibaka) or catch the basketball (Perkins, Ibaka) with no post threats or playmakers. Going to be a lot of isos.

I'll get excited when the Spurs are back in the Finals. This shit just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Yes, I'm bitter.

634798639221257881.jpg

giri

This is true. I remember when he wouldn't give Harden touches because they had to feed Jeff Green, that was an interesting time.

oh wow, i'd forgotten about that.

Or when he cut into hardens minutes with maynor cause maynor was a better defender.

And Scott Brooks is the perfect coach for that OKC team...

He got Ibaka money!

It's hard to see what the Thunder can do with this team offensively other than YNB and Durant isos. This is a team of guys that can't even set screens (Durant, Ibaka) or catch the basketball (Perkins, Ibaka) with no post threats or playmakers. Going to be a lot of isos.

Their alternative... is to move YNB to SG, and start maynor.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I see YNB hasn't forgotten how to play basketball:

6/21 fieldgoals, 5 assists, 6 turnovers

Martin actually played well. The problem with OKC is primarily Ibaka having no skills offensively and Westbrook being out of control in every game.

Smokey

Ain't nothing changed with Westbrook. All night he refuses to get Durant involved forcing dumb shit time and time again. Also I don't know if it's a Brooks thing, a Westbrook thing or what but they have zero movement. It's 4 guys standing around watching either Westbrook or Durant with the occasional screen.

Straight up Westbrook's fault too that Parker got wide open on that game winning play. I watched it numerous times he gambles for no reason. His awareness was laughable. Parker was way the fuck on the opposite side of the court and you have no clue. Why are you even trying to guard him with your back in the first place. Just horrible.

Martin did all right but he needs to be in there with Maynor. Somebody who will run an offense to get him open. With Westbrook out there Martin is literally a waste of space.

small market team issues
if they hadn't payed Ibaka so much they wouldn't have this problem
Kevin Martin played fine tonight, the Thunder are trying to ask him do a role he's not capable of doing. Thats not on him.
Obviously it's not Martin's fault, it was just dumb of OKC. In fact I think they would have been better off flipping YNB for another great player or a nice package in order to keep Harden

That or pay a small bit of luxury tax to stay on the championship train

Flipping Harden for a nice young SG and a ballhog while keeping a dumb SG masquerading as a PG on your team is just dumb

Omzz

You would think that Westbrook would learn something after the playoffs last season, but he doesn't seem to have changed at all

The Thunder need a new coach. Scott Brooks may be great at getting his team to work together and they respect him, but he's not a very good coach when it comes to running an offense or defense.

They don't run much outside of the pick n roll. Ibaka and Perkins having no offensive game hurts them, but they should try to emulate what the Heat do. They should try to develop Durant into being a better passer. Get the ball in his hands early, get him a screen, force the defense to double, then let Durant make the right play.

Chichikov

Oh man, watched the reply of the last possession on Sportscenter, was Russel Westbrook closing out on the ref there?
That play was LOL central.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Thunder need a new coach. Scott Brooks may be great at getting his team to work together and they respect him, but he's not a very good coach when it comes to running an offense or defense.
As long as Brooks is the coach, they're not winning shit.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent guard Terrence Williams has agreed to a one-year deal with Guangdong in China, sources tell Y! Sports.

He deserves way better than this.

Fuck you, NBA.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
They don't run much outside of the pick n roll. Ibaka and Perkins having no offensive game hurts them, but they should try to emulate what the Heat do. They should try to develop Durant into being a better passer. Get the ball in his hands early, get him a screen, force the defense to double, then let Durant make the right play.

How do you emulated the heat without the heat roster?

He needs to slap the crap out of Westbrook.. Because really it wasn't Harden being gone that hurt them is was Westbrook being Westbrook..

again

bestbrook.gif

pilonv1

Nick Collison ‏@nickcollison4

Thanks spawes. I wish I had the stones to go mullet like you #mullitia RT @spencerhawes00: @nickcollison4 sweet comb over bro.

I would pay to watch them in a game of 21

How do you emulated the heat without the heat roster?

He needs to slap the crap out of Westbrook.. Because really it wasn't Harden being gone that hurt them is was Westbrook being Westbrook..

again

bestbrook.gif
By moving Westbrook to SG and putting a 3 point scorer at PG.

Blackace

By moving Westbrook to SG and putting a 3 point scorer at PG.

wouldn't work because they don't have a ballhandler like James. Nor another scorer to take heat away from the middle like Bosh does for the Miami

wouldn't work because they don't have a ballhandler like James. Nor another scorer to take heat away from the middle like Bosh does for the Miami
I think Durant is a good enough ball handler. He doesn't have the passing ability, and he should make that a priority of improvement.

Blackace

I think Durant is a good enough ball handler. He doesn't have the passing ability, and he should make that a priority of improvement.

I don't think you can just magically learn passing like that.. LBJ came in the league a great passer.. Magic came in the league being a great passer.. I can't think of one player who learned to become a great passer.. Besides I think KD is much more valuable as your main scorer..

I don't think you can just magically learn passing like that.. LBJ came in the league a great passer.. Magic came in the league being a great passer.. I can't think of one player who learned to become a great passer.. Besides I think KD is much more valuable as your main scorer..
I'm not saying he needs to put up Lebron ASTS. I'm saying he needs to improve. Dirk is a good example. Dirk used to be bad at passing out of doubles. He didn't become a triple double machine, but he improved to make the right play.

Blackace

I'm not saying he needs to put up Lebron ASTS. I'm saying he needs to improve. Dirk is a good example. Dirk used to be bad at passing out of doubles. He didn't become a triple double machine, but he improved to make the right play.

Not really comparable...

you want to take the ball handling away from Westbrook.. ok..

but put a shooter at PG like the Heat... check

why that works is because LBJ is really the PG KD can't do that

Top Bottom