• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kobe said:
I've won so I can [tell people to shut up]. For Mike [Brown] it might be a little tough to say that so I'll say it for him, 'Everybody shut up. Let us work. At the end of the day, you'll be happy with the result as you normally are

LOL, why u mad tho?

Even if you hate him you gotta give Kobe props sometimes, that was probably exactly what needed to be said.

Also, you ready for DJ vs. Kemba tonight Dy?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Even if you hate him you gotta give Kobe props sometimes, that was probably exactly what needed to be said.

Also, you ready for DJ vs. Kemba tonight Dy?

I hope DJ spiritbombs Kemba. Or Kemba puts DJ out of his misery by eviscerating him.

I don't want it to be a close matchup in any kind of way.

But seriously... if Kemba can't light up DJ... I don't even...

Why the fuck hasn't YNB been switched over to the SG spot yet? You're setting yourself up for failure by having him run the point all the damn time...

I hope DJ spiritbombs Kemba. Or Kemba puts DJ out of his misery by eviscerating him.

I don't want it to be a close matchup in any kind of way.

But seriously... if Kemba can't light up DJ... I don't even...

Kemba played pretty well in the preseason, but it might have been a mirage. I'm also wondering how MKG will play with Granger being out. I hope he does what he's good at and attacks the basket. Take it right at Hibbert and make a statement, no fear mang.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kemba played pretty well in the preseason, but it might have been a mirage. I'm also wondering how MKG will play with Granger being out. I hope he does what he's good at and attacks the basket. Take it right at Hibbert and make a statement, no fear mang.

I don't think Kemba played well at all in the preseason... he didn't really noticeably improve any of his biggest issues from last year. I'm not worried about MKG at all. I think he might be one of the few rookies that knows how to gauge his give a fuck with the time of year - as long as Dunlapse doesn't play him at PF.

Henderson better act like he wants to get paid though. Dude has a damned good midrange game and can get to the rim a lot more than he does. He needs to get his head right.

I don't think Kemba played well at all in the preseason... he didn't really noticeably improve any of his biggest issues from last year. I'm not worried about MKG at all. I think he might be one of the few rookies that knows how to gauge his give a fuck with the time of year - as long as Dunlapse doesn't play him at PF.

Henderson better act like he wants to get paid though. Dude has a damned good midrange game and can get to the rim a lot more than he does. He needs to get his head right.

His turnovers were down, and I thought he looked a lot better defensively. Offensively though, yeah he was about the same.

As for MKG at the 4 spot I don't think we'll play him there much. We can play Biz and T Time there, and they both need the playing time. Biz to get better and Tyrus to hopefully up his trade value. If he plays play significant minutes there though Dunlap needs to be called out for it.

I really wonder what it's like to be Cari Champion at ESPN when it's off air with all those other dudes around

She must get hit on at rates unknown to mankind

I was given free tickets to the Bobcats game, but I couldn't go because I'm working third shift. Oh well, I guess it's better for me to make money rather than watch MJ blow his.

JoeFu

Banned
TBH I'd rather have Curry than Troy Murphy... from what I saw from the few laker games last year he looked terrible, couldn't hit 3s.

Why not cut Dominique Jones? Dude is useless.

TBH I'd rather have Curry than Troy Murphy... from what I saw from the few laker games last year he looked terrible, couldn't hit 3s.

man, for some reason troy murphy had one of the best 3pt shots in 2k9-2k10. this might make me pick up 2k13 lol

KingGondo

Banned
I know it's a big request... But I'd like to see the consensus 2nd-best player in the world be more central to our gameplan.

Now that Harden is gone, he needs to get 25+ shots per game.

I guess cuz he has a guaranteed contract? Not sure. But yeah Murphy looked bad last year, but maybe he can play a little better here, which seems to be the case normally. I'm just hoping that Kaman will be able to start playing soon, we need him badly.

JoeFu

Banned
I guess cuz he has a guaranteed contract? Not sure. But yeah Murphy looked bad last year, but maybe he can play a little better here, which seems to be the case normally. I'm just hoping that Kaman will be able to start playing soon, we need him badly.

I thought they said he'd be back tomorrow night against the kittens? Did it change again?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Fresh:

qse6r.jpg

By how many points will the Flakeshow beat the Clippers today?

I say 7.

the Lakers arent in sync defensively and wont be for some time. they aint winning tonight, its gunna be a scoring race and the Clips bench is better than LAs.
edit: also, you know the Clips are gunna look to embarrass LA in front of that celebrity crowd.

I thought they said he'd be back tomorrow night against the kittens? Did it change again?

Hmm maybe, I thought that they were saying he was gonna practice to see if he would be ready but I'm not sure.

Yeah that's what Fish says.
"Chris Kaman will attempt to practice today, testing that strained right calf muscle is, "to see if I can play Saturday,'' he said"

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1229029.html
I hope he can go...

reilo

I just the highlight. How do you lose Tony Parker?

Holy shit I just watched that. Not only did he make a terrible pass to give the Spurs the ball back the previous play, but he was nowhere near Parker.

Smokey

I know it's a big request... But I'd like to see the consensus 2nd-best player in the world be more central to our gameplan.

Now that Harden is gone, he needs to get 25+ shots per game.

Only way this possibly happens on a regular basis is if Westbrook gets moved to the 2.

Holy shit I just watched that. Not only did he make a terrible pass to give the Spurs the ball back the previous play, but he was nowhere near Parker.

I think that was actually more on Durant. He wasn't very aware of Leonard. Westbrook hits him right in the chest with the pass. His defensive breakdown though is embarassing. Dude was trying to play defense with his back to his man.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Only way this possibly happens on a regular basis is if Westbrook gets moved to the 2.

I think that was actually more on Durant. He wasn't very aware of Leonard. The defensive breakdown of Westbrook though is embarassing. Dude was trying to play defense with his back to his man.

Agree but YNB took up nearly 20 seconds before he even passed it there. The ball should have been in Durant's hands way before that.

And yeah if they were going to trade Harden they probably would have been better off getting a PG or a 2 who can handle the ball but time will tell.

Agree but YNB took up nearly 20 seconds before he even passed it there. The ball should have been in Durant's hands way before that.

And yeah if they were going to trade Harden they probably would have been better off getting a PG or a 2 who can handle the ball but time will tell.
how come Scott doesnt tell russel about passing then?

reilo

Should have traded YNB for Rondo (before YNB's extension) and given Harden his max. That team needs a distributor and playmaker, not a chucker.

Smokey

Meh...the thought was to get the last shot of the game to win it. Durant coming off a downscreen with 5 seconds to work is plenty of time.

Should have traded YNB for Rondo (before YNB's extension) and given Harden his max. That team needs a distributor and playmaker, not a chucker.

Man, that' woulda been a scary team.... But those idiots decided they want YNB as a fucking franchise PG? SMH

Pimpwerx

Don't stats say the Thunder are more successful when Westbrook goes full-retard? I don't know if anything is likely to change. PEACE.

Top Bottom