• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Good 1st half. Still too much big lineups by Brooks, though a bit a result of fouls to Thabo and Collison. Wish Perkins would sit.

OKC mostly Durant and WB tonight. Other guys need to show up.

Lebron is still beasting and Bosh playing well. Wade so-so.

Battier has to be having one of he biggest fluke Finals 3 point runs of all time.

Also, that Harden foul on Wade was such a bad call, god.

Outside threat != 11/15 from three.

I don't care about open attempts, shooting over 73% from range is a fluke. Don't forget his bank-in from 38-footer last game.

Most of it is due to your team's shitty perimeter defense. Leave an NBA player open and he's going to make a lot of the time. Let him hit a hot streak and he's going to fucking burn you.

I'm for "23 and under" teams for the Olympics. Stop letting these guys waste their legs for meaningless games.

He mentions the soccer model, but that ignores that the best players play in the World Cup every 4 years which is why they don't during the Olympics.

The FIBA teams should be 23 and under, the Olympic teams should be our best. That said, Olympic years could use a re-scheduling of sorts to help players.

Most of it is due to your team's shitty perimeter defense. Leave an NBA player open and he's going to make a lot of the time. Let him hit a hot streak and he's going to fucking burn you.

Battier wasn't even shooting 45% on wide open 3s in the playoffs or regular season. Now he's shooting like 85% on them.

He mentions the soccer model, but that ignores that the best players play in the World Cup every 4 years which is why they don't during the Olympics.

The FIBA teams should be 23 and under, the Olympic teams should be our best. That said, Olympic years could use a re-scheduling of sorts to help players..

i agree. lets not forget that all the fifa members like the uefa have their own tournament too where all the best players show up.

The FIBA teams should be 23 and under, the Olympic teams should be our best. That said, Olympic years could use a re-scheduling of sorts to help players.

The NBA Finals are basketball's World Cup. At least in terms of importance.

you already know they will ignore bosh and iso to death

it's just a matter of whether they iso like sissies or real men

They ignored Bosh in the second quarter. It's the only reason why the game is close. That, and their role players are fucking awful outside of Battier.

The NBA Finals are basketball's World Cup. At least in terms of importance.

Except not.

The World Cup is about your nationality. The NBA Finals are a league in which a player may play for anyone.

The Olympics are a big deal for countries. Even in basketball. You think it wasn't huge for Spain?

KingGondo

Banned
He's had some open attempts, but 73% from 3 is bananas territory, especially over 2 1/2 games.

It's far, far above his season and career averages (obviously). I'll drive to Miami and give Shane the Finals MVP trophy myself if he keeps this up.

Except not.

The World Cup is about your nationality. The NBA Finals are a league in which a player may play for anyone.

yeah but my comparison is based on the fact that nationality is way more important in soccer than in basketball (IMO). The greatest soccer players in the world are judged, in part, on what they do in the World Cup. At the end of the day, Olympic success has very little impact on an all-time great basketball player's legacy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm speaking from a position of blatant homerism though. I'd rather guys like Kobe and Pau not add extra mileage to their legs in the summers.

linsivvi

You have it backwards. They should then send the best teams to the World Championship and have Olympic 23 and under only.

Why? Because the Olympic format sucks. The smaller field due to a tighter schedule is terrible.

Not to mention you send the best basketball players in the whole world just to compete for 1 gold medal, while they are handing out multiple medals to people dressing nicely on a horse. Olympic medal count is stupid.

You have it backwards. They should then send the best teams to the World Championship and have Olympic 23 and under only.

Why? Because the Olympic format sucks. The smaller field due to a tighter schedule is terrible.

Not to mention you send the best basketball players in the whole world just to compete for 1 gold medal, while they are handing out multiple medals to people dressing nicely on a horse. Olympic medal count is stupid.

I would go with this idea.

Top Bottom