• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone could benefit from getting a player like Scola. You have no clue what you are talking about. He might be the best lowpost scorer there is right now. Nobody saw it coming or you can bet teams like the Spurs would have saved their exceptions.

If he was the best post scorer in the NBA, his team would have made in the playoffs in the last three years. Last year he was 15-7 with bad efficiency and defense.

Reave

Dallas straight makin' a season from table scraps, and it's gonna work!

Can't wait to see Dwight give his "I'm here to play basketball, just be aggressive" interviews when he's hating his life as a Rocket.

Bowser

I hope you guys end up 4th or 5th in the draft. I don't want such stupid management to be rewarded. Keep hoping for Howard, when you have nothing to offer and he'd be bitching about how crappy the Rockets are.

1. Yeah, not like he avged 18/8 on crazy % for you guys, i'm sure it'll take you less than 20 years to find a player with those numbers.

2. Yeah, like they have any value of sort at that point.

3. Lottery protected. Sure, it might be something later, you might feel better about losing your 2 PGs.

4. Sure, i'm sure that helps a ton. Better than dealing Scola for a pick or two even.

Dude, you have no idea what the protection on the Raptors pick is:

Next year, if the pick is 4-14, Rockets get it otherwise Raptors keep it.
2013 and 2014, if the pick is 3-14, Rockets get it otherwise Raptors keep it.
2015 and 2016, if the pick is 2-14, Rockets get it otherwise Raptors keep it.

It's structured so that the only way the Rockets get it is if it IS a lotto pick, with a bit of top of the draft protection for the Raptors.

squicken

I hope you guys end up 4th or 5th in the draft. I don't want such stupid management to be rewarded. Keep hoping for Howard, when you have nothing to offer and he'd be bitching about how crappy the Rockets are.

1. Yeah, not like he avged 18/8 on crazy % for you guys, i'm sure it'll take you less than 20 years to find a player with those numbers.

2. Yeah, like they have any value of sort at that point.

3. Lottery protected. Sure, it might be something later, you might feel better about losing your 2 PGs.

4. Sure, i'm sure that helps a ton. Better than dealing Scola for a pick or two even.

1. Lin, Brooks, Flynn, Dragic, and Lowry have all rolled through HOU. The last thing I am worried about is finding a PG.

2. I was inferring some of them will be part of the trade

3. That pick will be the thing NJ couldn't offer. A lottery guaranteed 1st

4. Scola is 32 and has 3 years and $21m left on his deal. He is untradeable. Scola is a great complimentary piece on a team that already has a star. But he has no value to a team that can't make the playoffs

You guys complain about the GMs giving out dumb deals and not learning anything. Morey is the guy who does everything you guys say GMs should do. He doesn't do deals that tie up his ability to make moves and shape his roster. Of course if he takes back all of ORL's bad deals then that is out the window.

Fatalah

Knicks age if any of yall missed it Printezis turned the Knicks offer down and signed with Olympiacos for 3 years. Big Papa's comming next season though.

I'm upset about Big Fish, I want Astoria to have someone to cheer for! Is Big Papa the nickname of this year's Greek draft pick?

SUPREME1

Banned
WojYahooNBA
Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Lakers need to snatch him up ASAP.

Is that hwo it works? Does he just become a UFA and can go anywhere he pleases? Or does he have to go through a waiver process where the bottom feeders get first dibs?

So tell me what the fuck the point of that trade be for Dwight if he's just bringing half the ORL team with him to HOU?

Keep it consistent?

Is that hwo it works? Does he just become a UFA and can go anywhere he pleases? Or does he have to go through a waiver process where the bottom feeders get first dibs?

We're not under the cap so we can't bid. He's not going to become a free agent.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Teams under the cap get to bid first. Teams over the cap won't have a chance basically.

exarkun

If we take Duhon or Hedo in a trade for someone is mearly a rental at this point...

My loyal fanship goes to the highest bidding franchise

I prefer a young, upcoming team. Not OKC tho.

Tom Penny

Fab Melo ain't' doing shit in the NBA but at least he is a Celtic...

a3yWO.png

If we take Duhon or Hedo in a trade for someone is mearly a rental at this point...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

That's huge.

Man, Housto gonna become Orlando West. It will be so hilarious if Dwight leaves and that franchise is fucked for like 5 years.

Morey with the obvious SAVE MY JOB move here. We'll have to see if it actually pans out.

Can't really blame them, but still feel like they might have had more leverage to get a couple of the contracts, not all of them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Worst case scenario the Rockets trade him at the deadline anyway. It's a really smart move on Morey's part considering how little it'll take to get Dwight now, he'll probably get more assets in a few months then hes giving up now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
They should trade for Dwight and then offer Harden a max next summer.

Then we can all laugh.

Worst case scenario the Rockets trade him at the deadline anyway. It's a really smart move on Morey's part considering how little it'll take to get Dwight now, he'll probably get more assets in a few months then hes giving up now.

Can he be re-traded by Houston? Would the other team get his bird rights?

Smokey

amnesty scola but not martin

ok

only dude on the team that played hard pretty much every single game..he'll get picked up immediately from some ship contending team smh

Gabyskra

Banned
They should trade for Dwight and then offer Harden a max next summer.

Then we can all laugh.

Come on, what kind of offer can they make? Don't act like the Howard deal is done. This very offseason, Morey already acted in three very different directions. They're PANICKING. People are saying Morey is acting ultra smart, but he had just offered a contract to Lin that would have not worked with the current best scenario setup. He's failing to transform his assets in value. Dragic, Lowry, Scola, and all he can do is turn it into capspace and a pick? Capspace that he would have started spending with Lin, a player they had cut...

Pimpwerx

Wow! Orlando would be stupid to turn down that deal...unless it didn't include a few picks too. They get to dump all their bad contracts and start fresh. That's like hitting a reset button. Great deal for them. PEACE.

How are the Mavs going to make amnesty offers for both Brand and Scola? They don't have that much cap space left.

If they lose Brand they're going to bid on Scola.

Running Houston's numbers based on Woj saying they have another max.

Dwight, Duhon, Turk, and JRich = $36 mil in cap hold roughly no matter what (yes, even with unguaranteed since it's partial). Add in 8 min roster holds you're at $40 million. That leaves you at $18 mil.

If Asik is not matched, that brings them down below a max contract. Or if they give almost anyone else a contract of any kind. I'm assuming Lin is matched, of course.

They'd have to have a mediocre team this year to keep a max spot open, most likely. Basically do what NJ did with Deron. Waste a season to get better.

Dwight
CP3
Harden

No, they won't have the ability to sign 2. Just 1 and the MLE possibly.

Mothman91

We always have room in the Wizards club...

but then, I don't know if I have room on my rocketship if Wall officially becomes a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom