• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Also Houston fans whining about the losses of Lowry, Scola, Budinger, whoever are pretty much admitting that Morey did a good job finding talent. He's the one finding those guys. Evidently he doesn't think as much about them as the fans do.

No one has whined about the loss of Bud or Lowry that much.

Scola was a steal from the Spurs when Morey had Yao. Scola has been loyal, never complained, was almost traded last year and has just kinda been shit on and he reminds me of the better/decent Rocket teams and when Morey didnt have visions of Dwight dancing around in his head.

squicken

I just hate the idea of all of it being a shot for a guy who has already made it be known he doesn't want to be on the team.

Plus as much as I can't stand Howard, I don't want this all being done for back up plan Bydumb. He's not worth all this crazy shit.

Oh if they get just Bynum out of this it's a disaster. And I don't like the idea of the fans having to cheer for Dwight in some attempt to make him feel loved in HOU. But that's better than 9th place year after year.

SamuraiX-

With Jason Thompson officially signing with the Kings, the front office might be able to might have more freedom to make deals. Thompson's cap number for next season is about $5.25 million.

Jason Jones, SacBee
With 7.5% max annual raises, that comes out to 5 years, $30.6 million. Ailene Voisin reported yesterday that the 5th year is just $2.5 million guaranteed.

Nice. Even cheaper than first projected.

Now go after T-Will, T-Mac, or Damion James you fucks.

thekad

Banned
amnesty scola but not martin

ok

only dude on the team that played hard pretty much every single game..he'll get picked up immediately from some ship contending team smh

RX3gb.jpg

I'm kind of surprised OJ Mayo is still available. He had some pretty good games for Memphis in the playoffs.

The Suns will pick him up as soon as Douchenorleans quits wasting our time and matches Gordon's sheet.

Speaking of which, does the 3 day timetable include the day the signing takes place? Or do they get three days after the signing day? I'm guessing the latter in which case have to wait until Saturday.

thekad

Banned
as hilarious as morey taking on all of the magic's bad contracts, then dwight going back to orlando next summer and bringing cp3 and josh smith with him?

Ugh. Don't come here Hump! Why would you want to come to Charlotte for less money when you can start in Brooklyn?!

edit: although ~$7m/year isn't that bad. I just wish it was a 2-year deal, or a team option/partial guarantee on the 3rd year

7 million a year for guy avg a double/double & shooting almost 50% the past 2 years is easily the best contract offered this off season. Compard to the market, he should be at least getting minimum 10 a year. Though I don't know why Cho is trying to sign Hump & Sessions when he's supposed to be rebuilding

Pimpwerx

I'm kind of surprised OJ Mayo is still available. He had some pretty good games for Memphis in the playoffs.

This just in...OJ Mayo sucks. On a team that desperately needed scoring, he was option #4 behind Gay, Gasol and Conley. He's probably option 5 when you consider Z-Bo was injured all season. Who wants a SG that's the last scoring option on the floor for a team that had the 19th ranked offense? PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
as hilarious as morey taking on all of the magic's bad contracts, then dwight going back to orlando next summer and bringing cp3 and josh smith with him?

As hilarious as that would be I'm pretty sure he has nothing but contempt for not only anybody in the Magic organization but every citizen of Orlando as well.

But maybe its all a ruse. Maybe he'll do his own version of The Decision and reveals his sinister plan all along with CP3 and Josh by his side.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This is like Miami before Lebron and Bosh. They cleared out space for them.

Yea, but at least that was for two players who wanted to be there.

RBH

John Hollinger's Take (from chat):

Taylor (Atlanta)
Any chance Atlanta is still alive in the DH talks? They seem to be stocking up on hometown guys (Smoove, Lou Williams, and Anthony Morrow). You would think Howard would agree to stay long term. Is the hiccup that the Magic would rather have picks than Horford/Teague?
John Hollinger
(12:23 PM)

John Hollinger
I suspect Ferry's thinking is along these lines: Don't overbid now because the Hawks have the best chance of anybody to sign Howard if and when he hits free agency. So even if he goes to Houston, Hawks feel like they're in the game.

John Hollinger's Take (from chat):

Taylor (Atlanta)
Any chance Atlanta is still alive in the DH talks? They seem to be stocking up on hometown guys (Smoove, Lou Williams, and Anthony Morrow). You would think Howard would agree to stay long term. Is the hiccup that the Magic would rather have picks than Horford/Teague?
John Hollinger
(12:23 PM)

John Hollinger
I suspect Ferry's thinking is along these lines: Don't overbid now because the Hawks have the best chance of anybody to sign Howard if and when he hits free agency. So even if he goes to Houston, Hawks feel like they're in the game.

If Ferry really feels that way, wouldn't having Dwight's bird rights would make him believe it would be a lock to re-sign him? He should just go all in & trade for him now

This just in...OJ Mayo sucks. On a team that desperately needed scoring, he was option #4 behind Gay, Gasol and Conley. He's probably option 5 when you consider Z-Bo was injured all season. Who wants a SG that's the last scoring option on the floor for a team that had the 19th ranked offense? PEACE.

Meh, I think he's just the kind of player that requires starting and enough touches. If we take him, we have Beasley and Mayo, two guys that were once top rated talents that could possibly reach their potential at last. If they do, we could become a really good young team in the near future. If they end up continuing their downtrend, we tank for Shabazz! it's WIN FREAKING WIN BABY!

That said, I'd also be fine with doing nothing at the 2 which would further the tank cause and we'd have plenty of money to throw at Harden next year though I imagine he'll probably stay in OKC.

Matrix

"Woj on WFAN recap...

- What I'm hearing right now is that Darryl Morey seems "all in" and he's willing to give anything to Rob Hennigan to get Dwight Howard to Houston. - even his left nut

- Framework of the deal could include about 4,5 draft picks, couple of rookies, likely a contract like Kevin Martin's, and absorb possibly most or all of the Magic's "bad" contract which may include Jason Richardson who is owed $18 million, Hedo Turkoglu $23 million.

What does it do for the Rockets by amnestying Luis Scola?

- Rocket's amnestying Luis Scola doesn't necessarily mean there's a deal in place for Dwight coming to Houston, but the amnesty means the Rockets no longer need the Lakers to get this deal done. The Lakers would've likely have helped the Rockets absorb one of Orlando's bad contract. But now, the Rockets can absorb all of Orlando's huge contracts.

Do you see Dwight wanting to play in Houston?

- It's a big risk for Houston since Howard still hasn't given indication that he would resign elsewhere. Their sales pitch would be that they could potentially have the cap space to sign another star next season.

What chances does Brooklyn have of re-entering the Dwight sweepstakes?

- They're only hope is Orlando holds off trading Dwight until Jan. 15th (Brook Lopez contract blah blah blah). There's a good chance Dwight may not be ready by the start of training camp or start of the season due to his back surgery. You have to assume the Magic will trade Dwight before training camp begins.

Do you think this Houston deal is the deal that gets Dwight traded out of Orlando?

- Houston also still have their back up plan to get Andrew Bynum as a go between from the Lakers if the Magic trade still doesn't fall through."

Pimpwerx

How long until Kyrie leaves because they keep drafting and signing trash to lineup next to him? I hope everyone is paying attention, because Cleveland is doing the same thing they did when Bron was there. Teaming Kyrie with an endless line of scrubs. Signing no one important in the offseason. Comic sans in what...4 years? PEACE.

thekad

Banned
What I'm hearing right now is that Darryl Morey seems "all in" and he's willing to give anything to Rob Hannigan to get Dwight Howard to Houston.

- Framework of the deal could include about 4,5 draft picks, couple of rookies, likely a contract like Kevin Martin's, and absorb possibly most or all of the Magic's "bad" contract which may include Jason Richardson who is owed $18 million, Hedo Turkoglu $23 million.

lmao

Rob Hennigan is completely owning Morey.

If Dwight doesn't want to resign in Orlando, why the hell would he want to resign in Houston once they take all of the worst pieces of Orlando's team? How does that even make sense to try?

There's no way in hell I would absorb all those shitty contracts and trade away four or five draft picks for a guy that just came off of back surgery and has acted like a giant douche for two seasons now.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Can't believe we're dumping Scola. I love big Manu.

And if were doing it for Bynumb then Morey's an idiot. Bynum simply does not have the work ethic and self motivation necessary to be a champion regardless of his talent.

Matrix

lmao

Rob Hennigan is completely owning Morey.

IN MOREY WE FUCKING TRUST.

I'm so sick of that motto at clutchfans.

Matrix

If Dwight doesn't want to resign in Orlando, why the hell would he want to resign in Houston once they take all of the worst pieces of Orlando's team? How does that even make sense to try?

Money he would be walking away from and this sales pitch "Rockets sales pitch would be that they could potentially have the cap space to sign another star next season."

Matrix

Yeah it does seem a little backwards. Who else is Hennigan going to deal with?

I'm starting to think after reading that recent interview with Les about stars and Yao... that he's pushing Morey even more than ever to go all in.

squicken

I'm starting to think after reading that recent interview with Les about stars and Yao... that he's pushing Morey even more than ever to go all in.

I guess Hennigan is in blow it up mode anyway. Morey is going to have to try and build a roster after the trade. So he does need this to go faster than Orlando does. He needs FAs and those are disappearing quickly.

lol so HOU gets all the crappy contracts and Bynum? That deal does not get done in minutes.

Houston doesn't have a fucking choice if Dwight demanded LA. Plus Hou needs bodies real bad right now. Bad enough to split minutes at PG with Duhon and Cortson. Bad enough that all those bad contracts could very well be starters.

LuchaShaq

Banned
No one has whined about the loss of Bud or Lowry that much.

Scola was a steal from the Spurs when Morey had Yao. Scola has been loyal, never complained, was almost traded last year and has just kinda been shit on and he reminds me of the better/decent Rocket teams and when Morey didnt have visions of Dwight dancing around in his head.

If I was a rockets fan I would be PISSED about the lowry trade.

I'd take Lowry over anyone in this years draft besides Davis or Thomas Robinson.

Next years draft is gonna be WORSE.

Especially since they also lost Dragic to a contract that wasn't even that big. I'd much rather have Lowry or Dragic at double or triple what I'd give Lin.

Omega

Banned

This is genius.

I would actually become a Dwight fan if he was smart enough to think of this himself.

Matrix

Don't worry we'll still enjoy having the dumbass that's also the 2nd best thing to Dwight. But you go ahead and enjoy a gutted team with no draft picks and Dwight walking after the season :).

Full tank mode would really begin then finally. Draft picks for years to come, McHale and Morey gone hopefully...

fun times ahead!

"guess Hennigan is in blow it up mode anyway. Morey is going to have to try and build a roster after the trade. So he does need this to go faster than Orlando does. He needs FAs and those are disappearing quickly."

The longer this continues to drag out it's even worse for the Rockets. This shit needs to end now one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom