• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatigue contributes directly to anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury via promotion of high risk biomechanics. The potential for central fatigue to dominate this process, however, remains unclear. With centrally mediated movement behaviors being trainable, establishing this link seems critical for improved injury prevention. We thus determined whether fatigue-induced landing biomechanics were governed by a centrally fatiguing mechanism.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19568192

Seems I was wrong.

jjasper

The 2nd and 3rd are close because we are playing our backups extended minutes with stupid ass lineups.

Edit: Pondexter with the weakest foul ever, hold on dude.

The NBA's compressed schedule, with 66 games in four months followed by one day off before the playoffs, was tough on everyone.

Did it cause more injuries?

"Yeah, probably," Chicago's Joakim Noah said. "Probably."

What about the torn ACLs that ended the season for Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert on Saturday?

Unlikely, said a surgeon.

"There is no evidence that wear and tear, or that kind of issue, playing too much, really has any correlation with ACL injuries in any sport that we've ever studied," Dr. David Altchek from the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York said Sunday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...GAME?SITE=OHWOO&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Weird.

Nope.

They really aren't.

They've got all the talent they need right there on that roster. But it's a collection of knuckle heads, chuckle fucks, and douche bags.

Not a single player on that team plays for the team. Deandre Jordan is the anti Tyson Chandler.

I meant that as in, they don't NEED to make trades. Not big ones anyway, only for bench players.

There's only two good NBA players on the roster.

jjasper

We don't shoot this well but we are wide open. Gay, Mayo, Conley and Arenas are good shooters and unless they improve on D we will shoot well all series.

Right, I linked that in the previous page actually. Doesn't look like the doctor is right, though, as a quick search on PubMed brings up a wealth of articles talking about ACL tear prevention.

For instance

Commonly purported intrinsic risk factors include: generalized and specific knee joint laxity, small and narrow intercondylar notch width (ratio of notch width to the diameter and cross sectional area of the ACL), pre-ovulatory phase of menstrual cycle in females not using oral contraceptives, decreased relative (to quadriceps) hamstring strength and recruitment, muscular fatigue by altering neuromuscular control, decreased "core" strength and proprioception, low trunk, hip, and knee flexion angles, and high dorsiflexion of the ankle when performing sport tasks, lateral trunk displacement and hip adduction combined with increased knee abduction moments (dynamic knee valgus), and increased hip internal rotation and tibial external rotation with or without foot pronation. The identified mechanisms and risk factors for non-contact ACL injuries have been mainly studied in female soccer players; thus, further research in male players is warranted.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19452139

Really technical but yeah...

icecream

Public Health Threat
This can only end badly.
But basketball's fun and stuff, right guys?

H3gpJ.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Clippers are a few trades away from being a very serious contender. But, don't let this game fool you guys, clippers can easily shoot lights out the next game and memphis suck at perimeter shooting.

They will have to shoot lights out to win in this series cos their bigs cannot match up with Z-Bo, Gasol and Speights

The M.O.B

7 minutes up 22, don't play with fire.

Rest your starters.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, you should at least try despite being up by a lot.

Right, I linked that in the previous page actually. Doesn't look like the doctor is right, though, as a quick search on PubMed brings up a wealth of articles talking about ACL tear prevention.

For instance

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19452139

Ah, sorry. I missed the last few pages. Yeah, I'd trust the studies more than a surgeon's comments.

Butler with a fractured hand. He's been terrible, but they have no one to play the SF spot other than him. Yeesh.

the commentator just compared the grizz to the '04 pistons saying the grizz had a bunch of castoffs

.......most of their team was drafted you fuck

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah guys lets not talk about silly cartoons and instead discuss our manly and not silly hobby that allows us to scream "all over my face" when something cool happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom